How do I make more than one pattern?

zaporzan
zaporzan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 2/7/09 08:26 PM, DJSnowblind wrote: How do I make more than one pattern?

Change the pattern by left clicking and dragging either up or down to change the pattern. Then you can create another pattern.

EricTheMan
EricTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 2/7/09 12:31 PM, Anth0n wrote: Hey guys, I just enabled ASIO drivers in FL and my song sounds way louder now within the program, but when I export it then it's the same volume as it used to be. How can I make the volumes match up?

Well you can just turn down the master volume a little but I'm pretty sure that would bring down the vol in the export.

"Girl your love is like a "nuclear weapon.
EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature
EricTheMan
EricTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 2/6/09 11:50 PM, liqourish wrote: how do i get the tremble to fade out and in? kinda like a phaser but no left and right.?

Just find the effect you like, and create an automation clip and manipulate it in the playlist. Is that what you mean?

EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 2/7/09 12:31 PM, Anth0n wrote: Hey guys, I just enabled ASIO drivers in FL and my song sounds way louder now within the program, but when I export it then it's the same volume as it used to be. How can I make the volumes match up?

It's not important how loud it sounds within the program, what's important is how close the sound bars are to the maximum level in the program. Look at the volume analyzing thingie (the name escapes me at the moment) and if it's at the maximum level free of clipping, you're good. You're not gonna get an extra-loud MP3, it's not happening.

In addition, it's not going to sound exactly the same volume on different playback programs, each program has its own settings.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 8th, 2009 @ 07:43 AM Reply

At 2/7/09 11:41 PM, blackattackbitch wrote:
It's not important how loud it sounds within the program, what's important is how close the sound bars are to the maximum level in the program. Look at the volume analyzing thingie (the name escapes me at the moment) and if it's at the maximum level free of clipping, you're good. You're not gonna get an extra-loud MP3, it's not happening.

In addition, it's not going to sound exactly the same volume on different playback programs, each program has its own settings.

Yeah it doesn't really matter what the volume is, it doesn't even matter if it's hitting 0db in the mixer, infact I would advise against that because it leaves no headroom if you want to add new instruments etc. or add on the master eq because it will clip. My advice would be work with really low volumes in the mixer, like reaching a max of -6db and turn your speakers/headphones up. When your finished, export it, and import it back into a new project with an audio clip and lay it down in the playlist. In the audio clip click 'normalize' and 'remove dc offset'. This will make the highest peaks reach 0db, which in effect normalizes it against all other songs, so you don't have to be worried about it being too loud or too quiet.

ultranovax6
ultranovax6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 10:29 AM Reply

xkore & blackattack thanks, that helped a lot

Heres another question well i gues you all saw that 'FL Drum Synth"
I was wondering can i make my 'drum station' like that so i can add my claps , lo,hi hit hats , kicks , snares , rides etc... it would be a much easier to make a beat that way instead of makinng 5-6 patrens ( or 1 patren with all them mixed in )
I guess you get my point -- the thing 'fl synth drum' for example instead of piano keys has kick 1 , kick 2 , kick3 so i wanted to make my 'plugin' like that with MyKick1 , My Kick 2 .
So in fact i want to make every piano key the sound i want is that posible ?

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 2/10/09 10:29 AM, ultranovax6 wrote: xkore & blackattack thanks, that helped a lot

Heres another question well i gues you all saw that 'FL Drum Synth"
I was wondering can i make my 'drum station' like that so i can add my claps , lo,hi hit hats , kicks , snares , rides etc... it would be a much easier to make a beat that way instead of makinng 5-6 patrens ( or 1 patren with all them mixed in )
I guess you get my point -- the thing 'fl synth drum' for example instead of piano keys has kick 1 , kick 2 , kick3 so i wanted to make my 'plugin' like that with MyKick1 , My Kick 2 .
So in fact i want to make every piano key the sound i want is that posible ?

You should use the FPC, the drum synth is more for synthesizing drums rather than sequencing them. The FPC just takes samples and lays them out the way you're after.

If you're looking to use the Fruity Drum Synth in that same way, just make all your drums on different instruments then add a layer instrument, open up the layer instrument panel and drag it off to the side somewhere so that it isnt in the way of the step sequencer, highlight the green lights on the right side of the drum instruments you want to layer and click on 'set child' (or something like that) in the layer panel. Then click the arrow in the top left ( not the far top left, just above the set children buttons) and click 'split children'. WHen you open up the piano roll in the layer instrument, from C5 upwards will be your Drum Synth instruemnts individually.

pyrobunny9
pyrobunny9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 05:17 PM Reply

I need help with vst's because I cant figure out how to use them. I downloaded the free demo for z3ta and i installed it to my computer(The default place it recommends), but I couldnt figure out how to use it on fl. any help?

pyrobunny9
pyrobunny9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 05:39 PM Reply

Im sorry never mind that. I got it to work

TakeNoPrisoners
TakeNoPrisoners
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I was wondering if there's any way you can rearrange patterns on the playlist. I find myself constantly building on things and adding so many new patterns that are so different that I'll have say 3 violins spread about 20 different patterns when it would be much more convenient to have them all grouped together in a row. The problem fixing it is the only way I can tell to rearrange them so that they're all in ascending order on the playlist is to copy and paste all of them and rearrange them that way but that's a bit of a chore when you're dealing with 20+ patterns and plan to add as much as maybe even 20 more. Is there any easier way to go about doing this?

?

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 08:07 PM Reply

After adding effects to patterns set on the mixer, how do I remove them. It has been baffling me for quite a while.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 08:45 PM Reply

^ Lol, you just select "none"

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com
We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!
Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 09:57 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 06:27 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: I was wondering if there's any way you can rearrange patterns on the playlist. I find myself constantly building on things and adding so many new patterns that are so different that I'll have say 3 violins spread about 20 different patterns when it would be much more convenient to have them all grouped together in a row. The problem fixing it is the only way I can tell to rearrange them so that they're all in ascending order on the playlist is to copy and paste all of them and rearrange them that way but that's a bit of a chore when you're dealing with 20+ patterns and plan to add as much as maybe even 20 more. Is there any easier way to go about doing this?

This one is pretty damn hard to answer, and it's more of an organizational question rather than a question about the inner workings of FL Studio. However, let me tell you how I personally do things:

I never have more than one pattern for an instrument unless I'm lazy and just want to add the intro/outro of a song. Now if you want to build on a violin melody, just add it to the end of the pattern clip. Now if you want to use the first half of the pattern more than once, than there's a handy little button in the playlist that you should know about. It's like a scroller button and if I remember right (I don't have FL open at the moment), it has arrows going both right and left. Now you can use that to scroll the pattern clip as well as shrink it to only the portion that you want playing. Also, if you ever get confused as to which part is playing, simply double-click the pattern clip portion and it'll go straight to piano roll and show you which notes are playing on that portion of the clip.

Hope this helped.

Inappropriate smiley
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 12:16 AM Reply

does any one no how to get a really good guitar sound outa of a vst? i have FL slayer and reFX slayer 2 and im just not satisfied with the presets. ive been tweakin for hours and havent gotten a good sound. tryin to get a decent distortion pedal effect thats all.

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 2/11/09 05:17 PM, pyrobunny9 wrote: I need help with vst's because I cant figure out how to use them. I downloaded the free demo for z3ta and i installed it to my computer(The default place it recommends), but I couldnt figure out how to use it on fl. any help?

goto FL (i have xxl8) do:(click menus..)
1.channel->Add one->More
2. then click the refresh button and choose the safest
3. channel->add one-> pick ur new Vst
4. play with it

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 08:13 AM Reply

I've been using FL for a while, and this has always plauged me in good ways and bad.

The situation: When i go to a TS404/3xOsc synth, say one with an arp. When i go right into a sytrus sample, the arp stays! So i get octives without trying. This helped me in one of my recent songs where i needed a bouncy synth. Anyway, does anyone know why it does this?

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
EricTheMan
EricTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 11:40 PM Reply

Could somebody please guide me to some good mastering tutorials.
I suck at mastering.

EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature
Sialys
Sialys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 06:27 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: (alot of stuff)

You can right click and select "Clone" and that will place the same pattern directly under the pattern you'd like to, well, clone. It's as easy as that!

Gran Turismo 5.
That is all.

Cuzone
Cuzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 12:16 AM, liqourish wrote: does any one no how to get a really good guitar sound outa of a vst? i have FL slayer and reFX slayer 2 and im just not satisfied with the presets. ive been tweakin for hours and havent gotten a good sound. tryin to get a decent distortion pedal effect thats all.

My advice is to try to stack sounds together, its the best way to get something that sounds fairly realistic within a sequencer.
My advice is to go to google and search for "Guitar soundfonts", you'll find a shitload of them, test some (stack some sounds too) see what you like. Then, just use FX Slayer 2 to put the pedal effect on it

Eating Mentos drives you mental.

yotipo91
yotipo91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 06:27 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: I was wondering if there's any way you can rearrange patterns on the playlist.

1. Select Pattern
2. Alt+Up or Alt+Down

Gentlemen
Gentlemen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 11:40 PM, EricTheMan wrote: Could somebody please guide me to some good mastering tutorials.
I suck at mastering.

If you're into learning by video, and not afraid to spend a bit of cash, I would recommend these videos, sponsored by Steinberg. They are fairly complete, cover all of the basics, and start to get into some advanced techniques. They are based on the sole fact that every mastering job is different, and only give to you some helpful tools that you can use with you mind to help you get the job done.

Also, if you have any questions about mastering, you can just pm me and I'm pretty sure I can answer most basic questions.

If you need mixing advice, don't be afraid to ask! I find that the majority of the Newgrounds Audio Portal has yet to learn about what the term mixing really is...

BBS Signature
yotipo91
yotipo91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 03:10 PM Reply

I'm afraid the content might contain techniques I already know. Is there any good free content out there for mastering besides stuff like that? Or can you tell me some of the kinds of things that are in the package?

liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM Reply

any one got good FL8 skins to share? or links? the standard skin is kinda boring. i searched and found like 5 of em. but arent all that great. (strobe, jth, iFL...)

lookin fer sum techno'ish skins :D

BBS Signature
Gentlemen
Gentlemen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 2/14/09 08:58 PM, liqourish wrote: any one got good FL8 skins to share? or links? the standard skin is kinda boring. i searched and found like 5 of em. but arent all that great. (strobe, jth, iFL...)

lookin fer sum techno'ish skins :D

Just wanted to point out the fact that if you ever took the time to read the change log... skinning is no longer *officially* supported as of 8.02. You can still use skins, but they dropped the idea as skins aren't used very often, and it was hindering development time keeping up with all the problems they were generating, so IL is dropping a few useless features such as skinning and the collab-chat program.

It may cause glitches if you use them, so if you take music 100% seriously... I wouldn't recommend skins due to loss of work such as your file becoming corrupted etc. It's happened to a buddy of mine before. He was pretty much devastated :/

If you need mixing advice, don't be afraid to ask! I find that the majority of the Newgrounds Audio Portal has yet to learn about what the term mixing really is...

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 01:40 AM Reply

omfg thanks for the heads up lol.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 02:43 AM Reply

Anyone who is interested in making simple trance-like arps and synths, you should try Rez 2.0
I found it was very versatile and easy to use, and I got some really awesome sounds out of it.
It also has a few presets, which all sound awesome.
Download it now.

Totally not an advertisement. I just thought it was a great plugin.

bork bork bork

EricTheMan
EricTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 09:30 AM Reply

Can anybody tell me how to get it so when I create automation clips they're not LONG AS HELL?

EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature
AtomicTerrorist
AtomicTerrorist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 08:22 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49LVGrbjP wA

go to 1:00. for the next 20 seconds the beat will play (not the drum background)

What instrument/channel/pack do I use to make that sound?

I have tried everything. any ideas?

SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2009 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 2/15/09 08:22 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49LVGrbjP wA

go to 1:00. for the next 20 seconds the beat will play (not the drum background)

What instrument/channel/pack do I use to make that sound?

I have tried everything. any ideas?

Which sound are you talking about? The lead, the bass, the pad, or the kick?