Miikro
Miikro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 4/8/05 11:30 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 4/8/05 10:50 PM, Miikro wrote: So if you're cracking down on stolen flash again, how come Ozcar still has an account?
Sorry those details have been classified and sealed.

Too bad no oen relzied it was stolen why it was UJ.

So basically, you're covering for him and mods are above the rules?

How do I double standard here?

Fuck it.

BBS Signature
Nonesuch
Nonesuch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 4/9/05 05:43 PM, gfoxclock wrote: Don't be a fool. Giving it a 5 was FINE. If you've ever read the message that NG gives you when you whistle something for being stolen, you'd know that you're SUPPOSED TO VOTE WHAT THE ENTRY DESERVES, NOT WHAT THE AUTHOR DESERVES.

As a result, if something is GREAT but you think it's stolen, you should whistle it as stolen and ALSO vote 5. The problem in this case isn't that people voted 5. The problem is that NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE HIT THE WHISTLE. Maybe it wasn't clear enough that it was stolen. From what you say, it sounds like it should have been. I personally wasn't on NG at the time it was UJ. I suspect most of the 200 voters were fairly noobish, and none of them realised that "submitting a movie for someone who doesn't want to submit it to NG, but it's really good so I had to submit it here!" is not an okay reason to steal a flash and submit it to the NG flash portal.

That's not the fault of the system, it's just bad luck and ignorance on the part of a hundred or so viewers and voters. 3 people may have whistled it as stolen, but it takes 4 people to take it off the portal... and sadly, no 4th person ever got to whistle it in time. That's what you should be angry about, if anything. Relax, jeez. O_o

I remember having voted on a submission, and then when I tried to blow the whistle I couldn't.

I've never tried it the other way around before. But, in the last few days, when I *have* blown a whistle, it says something to the effect of "We assume your vote is a zero, and if it's blammed you'll get your blam point."

So, as far as I know, you can't vote AND whistle...
...but maybe it's been a while since I tried the vote-then-blow method...

I dunno. Anyone else have experience in this matter?

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 4/9/05 12:02 AM, CrozzyBear wrote: did ne 1 else notice krbyfan1 did a quadruple post? well i did :D

thx for the notice. you, like my brother, have great eye sight.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
supertrunkten
supertrunkten
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 08:48 PM Reply

O i wanna kick his ass, PLZ!!!

Svend-1
Svend-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 09:11 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/230180 Look at TurboFiddler's comment (almost halfway down). Stole the words out of my mouth.

Jedi-Coconut
Jedi-Coconut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 9th, 2005 @ 11:11 PM Reply

What was the users name?
what was the movie that was stolen?

orgyofthedamned
orgyofthedamned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 11:11 PM, Jedi_Coconut wrote: What was the users name?

i believe the movie was A New Bunny. i forget who submitted it.

but yeah, let me get in on kicking that guy in the jacobs. i have boots you fucker!

CrozzyBear
CrozzyBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 4/10/05 12:17 AM, orgyofthedamned wrote:
At 4/9/05 11:11 PM, Jedi_Coconut wrote: What was the users name?
i believe the movie was A New Bunny. i forget who submitted it.

but yeah, let me get in on kicking that guy in the jacobs. i have boots you fucker!

steel cap boots? theyd be much more effective :D

man, id hate to be this kid, hes gunna either pass out and die from loss of blood wen every1 sacks him, or he lives and has to have sum bag connected to him so he can pee.

still, he deserves it :)

Morpheus
Morpheus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 05:15 PM, lone_wolf89 wrote: i hate it when ppl steal other ppls flash

Same here. Makes me wanna rumble in the jungle! ¬_¬

<_<;

Excuse me...*casually walks off*

RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Animator
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 03:34 AM Reply

At 4/10/05 03:27 AM, -Morpheus- wrote:
At 4/9/05 05:15 PM, lone_wolf89 wrote: i hate it when ppl steal other ppls flash
Same here. Makes me wanna rumble in the jungle! ¬_¬

<_<;

Excuse me...*casually walks off*

o_0;

Erm....yeah....theif.....kick, nuts....erm..........................o_0;

Markus
Markus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 05:12 AM Reply

STOLEN FLASH HERE

This flash game is stolen: http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/230563

i have reviewd the original author various times on his versions. blowed the whistle but it wasn't enough.

hope you get to read this.

MaidenHead
MaidenHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 06:42 AM Reply

I agree, stealing someones flash is pretty mean, especially if it's worth Daily 1st Choice Award thingy. However, I sense a lawsuit with that "kick you in the groin" bit, especially since in America you can sue for almost anything (I think).

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 07:09 AM Reply

Wow... it's as if this happens quite a lot these days. Heck, dozens of 2nd to 10th Ranking submissions might've been stolen to begin with, not to mention fake accounts.

I'm curious though; does Andrew Dickman of Starfield Creations truly have a Newgrounds account? Since he did not submit his personal new work, or he simply stopped...

Who knows...

Next Release ETA: ?

RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Animator
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 4/10/05 07:09 AM, HaroFreak wrote: Wow... it's as if this happens quite a lot these days. Heck, dozens of 2nd to 10th Ranking submissions might've been stolen to begin with, not to mention fake accounts.

I'm curious though; does Andrew Dickman of Starfield Creations truly have a Newgrounds account? Since he did not submit his personal new work, or he simply stopped...

Who knows...

I've had my suspicsions as well, there are two accounts called Andrew Dickman and one of them recently submitted Tail chasers, but this was an Andrew Dickman with no other movies, ya know? If you check his site, both accounts have work featured on that website.

SnkScorpio
SnkScorpio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Man, I hate these guys! Keep saying these stupidities! Why don´t NGs has an "Automatic Account Termination System"? I think it would be a good idea... =)

FrAZiA
FrAZiA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 03:27 PM Reply

What was that ass's name?

You know, after 1 year of complete account inactivity, the account should be auto-deleted or something...

Clovis15
Clovis15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 4/9/05 03:09 PM, Nonesuch wrote: Kicking the submitter in the groin when the majority of voters DIDN'T READ THE AUTHOR'S COMMENTS? (Or didn't question why someone else was submitting clairvoyance's work? or didn't think to contact Clairvoyance and ask if the submitter had permission?)

Actually, I contacted Clairvoyance, and that was before the submitter said he said he was stealing it (the original comment said only ...), as something about it all left me suspicious (especially the ... comment, real atirsts have more to say about their stuff than just ...). However, Clairvoyance never got back with me, or probably anyone else who sent her (him?) an e-mail. The person doesn't have much english speaking skills.

Chrono Trigger Unglued - A Flash Retelling of Chrono Trigger that knows just how important your Ether is.

Work-Study - Squirrel Armies, Code Red, Elite Booze Agents, & More!

Clovis15
Clovis15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 04:30 PM Reply

CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE FROM ME:

You see. It was my understanding that you can get in trouble if you blow the whistle and it turned out to be legit. I assure you of this, the description only said "..." up until it passed judgement. Once it got through judgement, he changed the description to make it obvious he stole it (rather than mostly obvious, wondering if "..." was just are result of no English language skills). But by then, it was too late to hit the whistle. The obviously incriminating description only went up when it was too late to hit the whistle. I did, however, send Tom an e-mail at this point (A couple weeks back I got another flash deleted this way (Tom even responded back to me) that survived judgement when I caught someone trying to submit one of the three promotional flash cartoons Rare made staring Conker back from when the game was first released on the N64 to promote it, I'm a bit suprised I was the only one who noticed what it was... then again, the official Conker's website was visited by almost no-one when it was still up...).

Chrono Trigger Unglued - A Flash Retelling of Chrono Trigger that knows just how important your Ether is.

killerbot
killerbot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 06:02 PM Reply

what a lil FAG!!!! and who, and what did he submit?

Gimmy-Ribs
Gimmy-Ribs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 12:59 AM Reply

The link has probably already been done, but here is the spectacular flash on the REAL creator's homepage.

http://clairvoyance.hp.infoseek.co.jp/nightmare.html

What? Sorry.

GothiChaos
GothiChaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 01:34 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 06:30 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote: Ok, forget David Firth, Transkar left me a HEAVILY abusive review.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=228832

He said this.

You dont deserve anything you stupid piece of shit. Kill you self and slit ur balsac. Let the cum drip out into your dads mouth and make him scream. Eat shit and kill yourself fuckin nerdy ass piece of numa shit. Go fuck a dog cus you suck at flashes. Seriously you fail at life in general you fat fuck of shit. Fuck you and have a bad day.

Thats actual abuse repeatedly telling me to go fucking kill myself.

Thanks for that one, it made me smile. Someone needs to start the "I AM HATED" post and play slipknot in the background where everyone posts their death threats, advisive suicides, and etc. Oh and people need to read the thread before everyone posts WHO IS IT AND WHAT DID THEY STEAL! everyone is looking for a nutbag to kick these days lol jolly good fun! :)

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 06:05 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote: I understand, I could've sworn though that this was considered abusive. Yes my feeling were hurt but I thought just using verbal abuse to call something bad in a review was abuse, my bad. :P

Nope, it ain't abusive. A lot of people apparently think it is, but wishing it was so doesn't make it so. Verbal abuse is only bad when it's directed at PEOPLE in reviews, not things, movies, etc. I'll ban if someone says hateful shit about the author, other reviewers or users, or entire groups of people ("teh Jews," for example). But if someone says the same hateful shit about the flash, or a movie, or a song, or whatever, of course that's not abusive. It's WHO (versus what) the abuse is directed at, not its content.

Yes, the review could've been more helpful, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yar.

Man, having a review with that bad a rating can't look good on David Firth's review thing. :S

I doubt David Firth cares, though. #;-}>

Btw, are you actually Gfoxcook/clock or is this your alt account? Just to clear up for future knowledge, you certainly do seem to be gfoxcook.

Of course gfoxclock is my alt. If gfoxclock wasn't me, he would have been super-long-term-banned by an admin for impersonating a moderator. You'll notice I use a sig someone made for me with "gfoxcook" on it on that account, PLUS the sig text/links is exactly the same (and the stats in them refer to my main account, not that alt), etc. etc. I've always thought it's fairly obvious it's simply my alt, but you're not the first guy to be confused about whether it's an impersonator or not... unfortunately. #;-}>

At 4/9/05 06:30 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote: Ok, forget David Firth, Transkar left me a HEAVILY abusive review.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=228832

He said this.

You dont deserve anything you stupid piece of shit. Kill you self and slit ur balsac. Let the cum drip out into your dads mouth and make him scream. Eat shit and kill yourself fuckin nerdy ass piece of numa shit. Go fuck a dog cus you suck at flashes. Seriously you fail at life in general you fat fuck of shit. Fuck you and have a bad day.

Thats actual abuse repeatedly telling me to go fucking kill myself.

Bingo. Now you've got the hang of it. And yes, that's pretty bad abuse. Result? His review has gotten up to 0/32 in the past 1.5 days and now he's banned. See how the system works? No need to respond to his review with a message to me, though, BTW. Heh. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 06:52 PM, Nonesuch wrote: I remember having voted on a submission, and then when I tried to blow the whistle I couldn't.

It was already whistled enough to be removed from the portal (that, or it was already blammed or saved by the time you returned from voting on it to the main entry screen to hit the whistle option), most likely. Those are the only reasons you can't blow the whistle on something. Well, that and an admin making a movie unwhistleable, which doesn't happen very often.

I've never tried it the other way around before. But, in the last few days, when I *have* blown a whistle, it says something to the effect of "We assume your vote is a zero, and if it's blammed you'll get your blam point."

That's only for the malicious whistle option, ya silly. If something is malicious and you're whistling it, of course it needs to be taken off the portal. No "your whistle counts as a zero vote" message is delivered if you whistle the movie as STOLEN. Like I said, the message you get then is "PLEASE VOTE WHAT THE MOVIE DESERVES, EVEN THOUGH YOU THINK IT'S STOLEN, BECAUSE IT COULD BE RESTORED TO THE ACTUAL, ORIGINAL AUTHOR AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE." Read what Wade Fulp wrote about the Xiao Xiao movies. They were given that exact treatment, so do you really think it would have been good if hundreds of people had voted 0 on them just because the original submitter stole them? Of course not.

So, as far as I know, you can't vote AND whistle...
...but maybe it's been a while since I tried the vote-then-blow method...

Of course you can vote and whistle. I vote and then whistle EVERY time I whistle. The only downside of it is that sometimes your vote goes through and then you go back to whistle and it's too late: enough people have already whistled it and it's off the portal so you can't get in on it. No biggie.

I dunno. Anyone else have experience in this matter?

Just about anyone with moderate experience on the portal? O_o

Look, dude, I wouldn't have talked about voting AND whistling a movie if you couldn't do it. Try it next time you see a stolen movie (and make sure to NOTE THE MESSAGE about "voting what the movie deserves," not what you think the submitter deserves for stealing it).

At 4/10/05 04:30 PM, Clovis15 wrote: You see. It was my understanding that you can get in trouble if you blow the whistle and it turned out to be legit. I assure you of this, the description only said "..." up until it passed judgement. Once it got through judgement, he changed the description to make it obvious he stole it (rather than mostly obvious, wondering if "..." was just are result of no English language skills). But by then, it was too late to hit the whistle. The obviously incriminating description only went up when it was too late to hit the whistle. I did, however, send Tom an e-mail at this point (A couple weeks back I got another flash deleted this way (Tom even responded back to me) that survived judgement when I caught someone trying to submit one of the three promotional flash cartoons Rare made staring Conker back from when the game was first released on the N64 to promote it, I'm a bit suprised I was the only one who noticed what it was... then again, the official Conker's website was visited by almost no-one when it was still up...).

You don't exactly "get in trouble." Your WHISTLE suffers. That's all.

Yes, yes, people change the authors comments (or the title) all the time. They think it's funny to do so. Maybe this guy didn't, but it sounds to me like he KNEW he'd have a better chance of getting the thing past judgement (and past whistle danger) if he kept the comments "..." until it was protected, and only THEN changed it to "I submitted this movie for someone else" or whatever bullshit he spewed.

Rest assured that the worst to happen to you if you're wrong about a whistling is that you'll lose whistle power. The WORST worst case is that you end up with a garbage whistle. That doesn't do shit to the rest of your NG account, though, so it's not like they'll delete your exp or b/p JUST for some bad whistle judgements.

In the future, there may be no such thing as "too late to hit the whistle," as it is possible a new "whistle after under judgement" option could be added. It wouldn't take the movie off the portal like the current whistle does, but it would let admins (and/or portal mods) know that a movie was believed to be stolen, or that the file had been swapped from the original protected movie to some bullshit later on or something.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
robfeldman
robfeldman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 10:27 AM Reply

Here's a kick in thegroin from me:

KICK!

(fraudulent submitter rolls in pain)

:)

Clovis15
Clovis15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Rest assured that the worst to happen to you if you're wrong about a whistling is that you'll lose whistle power. The WORST worst case is that you end up with a garbage whistle. That doesn't do shit to the rest of your NG account, though, so it's not like they'll delete your exp or b/p JUST for some bad whistle judgements.

In the future, there may be no such thing as "too late to hit the whistle," as it is possible a new "whistle after under judgement" option could be added. It wouldn't take the movie off the portal like the current whistle does, but it would let admins (and/or portal mods) know that a movie was believed to be stolen, or that the file had been swapped from the original protected movie to some bullshit later on or something.

Thank you for the information, if I had known that then I might've been quicker to hit the whistle on it. Also, a whistling after saved featured would definitely be useful (ESPECIALLY AGAINST AUTHORS WHO TAKE BACK THEIR MOVIES).

Stereo123
Stereo123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 06:04 PM Reply

I couldn´t read the Dave Firth review. In fact I can´t read any of his reviews, even through his profile. But let´s stop being such crybabies around here, really. Anyone who post movies here should be used to a couple slaps in the face every now and then, I´ve been threatened of having my house blown up and my family killed because of a silly animation, but who cares?

twindragon6
twindragon6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 12th, 2005 @ 02:27 AM Reply

Stolen flash is not cool, get em!

Clovis15
Clovis15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 12th, 2005 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 06:04 PM, Stereo123 wrote: Anyone who post movies here should be used to a couple slaps in the face every now and then, I´ve been threatened of having my house blown up and my family killed because of a silly animation, but who cares?

Uhm... that's the illegal kind of review you can get them in trouble for. They're DEFINITELY not allowed to say that in a review.

diablo545
diablo545
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 12th, 2005 @ 12:25 PM Reply

mods lock this thread

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Stolen Flash Apr. 12th, 2005 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 4/12/05 12:25 PM, diablo545 wrote: mods lock this thread

why would they do that? stealing is a crime (only if you get caught) but u broke a rule by saying "Lock this thread." last time i checked, thats a big no-no.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature