Respond to this Topic
Jdid112
Jdid112
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 16:39:38 Reply

OMG I Umm Okay... OMG o Wowow sdsd OMG wowier .... I need help.

Say what you mean, then shut up.

BBS Signature
fdsfsdfs
fdsfsdfs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 16:40:55 Reply

yeah, lets not forget this

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/199841

which was 80% stolen art and won a 3rd place award that could have gone to someone who really deserved it

the author of that not only was not deleted but was some time later made a ngbbs moderator

Hoohah
Hoohah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 16:49:18 Reply

At 4/8/05 04:40 PM, espesp wrote:
the author of that not only was not deleted but was some time later made a ngbbs moderator

He was de-modded >:(

(temporarily)

SkyCube
SkyCube
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:00:17 Reply

At 4/8/05 04:49 PM, Hoohah wrote: He was de-modded >:(

(temporarily)

Yes, but that was only as an April fools joke! ;-)

TheDragonSlayer
TheDragonSlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:03:09 Reply

dude you did a great job if you need help betting the guy up im there with my fighting gloves

Stolen Flash

Preternatural
Preternatural
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Programmer
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:10:25 Reply

He sent it "on behalf of the original author", oh please. Did the author ask him to do so? I think not.

However, by doing so, he made me see Clair Voyance's art, which is cool. Now I can go to the real author's website and view his movies anytime I want. :)
I would like to thank him, even if he actually infringe copyright laws etc. etc.

Avaquizzer
Avaquizzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:18:56 Reply

While on the subject of stolen movies:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/230126

That movie was stolen, and initially the person that did it was in complete denial. After the front page post about the deletion of another person's account for stealing, he changed his "author comments" to reflect that he had stolen it. None-the-less, that doesn't make up for the facts that:

1) He stole the movie and submitted it
2) He pretended it was his
3) He dissuaded people from visiting the ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S webpage by stating that submitted links were spyware / malware.

Very immature, and, more importantly, very immoral. Oh, and illegal (plagiarism, after all). Just thought someone should give a heads up on this.....

cap123
cap123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:23:51 Reply

1ST POST :O

burrrpppp

BBS Signature
ndmediaNG
ndmediaNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:26:56 Reply

Wade, I'm pretty sure that all the Xiao Xiao movies were submitted by other users, and they are still on the site.

I'm not too sure about this, but didn't the staff just make an account for Zhu Zhu and transfer all the flashes to that account? Sure, his email is linked, but I'm 100% sure that the actual author didn't submit any of the flashes, or that any of the comments on his movies were written by him.

The only reason I can see this being fair is if you emailed Zhu asking permission to keep the movies on NG. However, I'm doubtful that would have gotten a reply as he is Chinese.

Xiao Xiao 3 was also #1 on the Portal for over a month, and during this time it became undeniably clear that the submitter had not done the flash, why was it not removed then? Because it was drawing good traffic?

Sorry for questioning you guys, I've always been curious about this though.. And your post spiked my interest. :P

MrVideogame
MrVideogame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 17:45:49 Reply

At 4/8/05 12:50 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Did I mention we sell really cool Newgrounds.com tank logo stickers?!? You can get FIVE high quality, water proof, UV proof, 4x4 inch, stickers for $1.00! Order as many as you want! If you order enough you maybe listed on our Top 50 Sticker Orders list!

BTW, I will be updating sticker stats today from some of the recent orders.

O.M.F.G SELF PROMOTION!!!

Yes, my name is shit.. I would change it if I could.

BBS Signature
DuskSkull
DuskSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:16:16 Reply

At 4/8/05 05:26 PM, ndmediaNG wrote: Wade, I'm pretty sure that all the Xiao Xiao movies were submitted by other users, and they are still on the site.

I'm not too sure about this, but didn't the staff just make an account for Zhu Zhu and transfer all the flashes to that account? Sure, his email is linked, but I'm 100% sure that the actual author didn't submit any of the flashes, or that any of the comments on his movies were written by him.

The only reason I can see this being fair is if you emailed Zhu asking permission to keep the movies on NG. However, I'm doubtful that would have gotten a reply as he is Chinese.

Xiao Xiao 3 was also #1 on the Portal for over a month, and during this time it became undeniably clear that the submitter had not done the flash, why was it not removed then? Because it was drawing good traffic?

Sorry for questioning you guys, I've always been curious about this though.. And your post spiked my interest. :P

Are you absoloutely sure that all the Xiao Xiao flashes are stolen? lots of other sites that aren't as reputable as NG nick it from here, I know, but have you actually asked the author of Xiao Xiao himself as to whether he submitted it on NG?

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:19:48 Reply

I've noticed an awful lot of stolen submissions lately. I sent you an e-mail about it, since one of the guys ADMITTED he stole it. I've never e-mailed you before, but I was that pissed. I'm not a Flash artist, but some of my friends are graphic design majors. They take 7-8 hour at a time to make something, so just seeing someone steal anyone's hard work is a major slap in the face for people such as them who work at what they do.

I know I should blow the whistle on pending submissions that may be stolen, but what happens if anyone finds out they're stolen after the fact?

Freemont
Freemont
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:33:49 Reply

I am upset becasue i would have gotten Daily Feature, but that stolen flash movie took it instaed. Now I'm not getting any recognition at all becasue I am posted as 2nd place winnner, instead of 1st >: (

Eldarion
Eldarion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:38:00 Reply

At 4/8/05 06:33 PM, Freemont wrote: I am upset becasue i would have gotten Daily Feature, but that stolen flash movie took it instaed. Now I'm not getting any recognition at all becasue I am posted as 2nd place winnner, instead of 1st >: (

Check your profile. As liljim already said, all the entries below that stolen submission get bumped up one place, like so:

Portal awards:
1. -Where it Ends-, Daily Feature, 4/8/05

liljim
liljim
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:41:44 Reply

At 4/8/05 05:26 PM, ndmediaNG wrote: Wade, I'm pretty sure that all the Xiao Xiao movies were submitted by other users, and they are still on the site.

This sort of thing is not always a cut and dry case. There have been instances in the past where stolen submissions have passed judgement and then the original authors have been contacted and the submissions transferred over to their Newgrounds account. This was the case with Zhu - he subsequently submitted several more of his Xiao Xiao animations. The trouble with all of this is that it sometimes takes time to make contact (after the point of sending an e-mail to them it can take a while to get a response because of language barriers or other stumbling blocks).

There are more recent examples of this sort of thing. There was another artist recently (Italian, I can't remember his name) who we transferred ownership of several stolen files over to. When the artists reply and inform us that they're not happy about their submissions being on the site, they're removed.

Then there are other cases, like the account made by Skye of XGenStudios - he had an account on Newgrounds (SKyemaster), had uploaded several pieces of work under that account, including Defend Your Castle, Fishy, etc and who then had created a new account (XGenStudios) and submitted Motherload several times - each time the submission had been flagged until he brought that to our attention.

Tom and Wade usually make an attempt to contact all authors where work appears to have been stolen, although as I've already mentioned, this process can take time, for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the outcome of making that contact is that the movies are transferred over to their respective owners, other times, they're simply deleted from the site.

fdsfsdfs
fdsfsdfs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:46:57 Reply

please look over this stolen submissions

http://newgrounds.com/portal/search.php?kind=a&terms=supersnake12

the real author is Anthony Frattarolli of www.Mediatyrant.com, i have already emailed wade twice about this and nothing has been done.

That-Is-Bull
That-Is-Bull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:49:27 Reply

OMFG 1ST REPLY!!!!111

lol@that guy's account being pwn3d

BBS Signature
MAYORMCHEESE
MAYORMCHEESE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:50:52 Reply

At 4/8/05 12:50 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Some of you may have noticed the Daily 1st prize went to a stolen submission. Unfortunately this happens from time to time.

Heh, reminds me of the Mashimaru incidentos....

Stolen Flash

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature
Makaio
Makaio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:54:53 Reply

At 4/8/05 01:24 PM, WadeFulp wrote: If we do take Pay Pal we will probably charge a service fee, like an extra $.50-1.00 or something as we would now have to provide the return envlope, address label, and spend more time labor wise. It doesn't just cost Newgrounds.com the supplies, it is also costing Newgrounds.com to pay me to sit and work on sticker orders rather than other things. So the more of my time it takes up, the more we would have to charge.

Hell i wouldnt mind,i sent 55 bucks into paypal,im buying a hoodie from tshirt hell and its gonna cost me about 40 bucks shipping inculded,id spend the rest on stickers if i could i dont mind paying a fee.

Are you stupid?
No, you are.

LOL PWNED

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 18:56:51 Reply

At 4/8/05 12:50 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, I will be updating sticker stats today from some of the recent orders.

yes please credit my profile for 15 stickers that I ordered.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 19:05:50 Reply

I will ask one more time (because I'm really curious), who got fifth place?

tre

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 19:18:47 Reply

At 4/8/05 07:05 PM, food1 wrote: I will ask one more time (because I'm really curious), who got fifth place?

Makin'aVideoNF.

You can check this stuff yourself by going to the portal, clicking on one of the portal lists and then choosing the past daily 5ths.

Xiivi
Xiivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 19:28:55 Reply

If anyone still wants to see the flash the original is here. :)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature
Television
Television
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 19:48:40 Reply

That person kind of reminds me of Oscar... And his couch.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 19:58:13 Reply

Stupid flash thives... and their make out parties. I had 20 dollars last week and I was thinking of getting some stickers, putting me in the top 15 for the most, but I don't think anyone would care.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Nicko9y
Nicko9y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 20:04:50 Reply

Wade, liljim... are you even reading this thread Sinterkaas posted some stolen movies on the first page, and you didn't even comment on it...
Notbeing disrespectfull though.

Ever wonder if your mom kissed you goodnight after she gave your dad a blowjob? Well, you do now.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 20:10:27 Reply

At 4/8/05 08:04 PM, Nicko9y wrote: Wade, liljim... are you even reading this thread Sinterkaas posted some stolen movies on the first page, and you didn't even comment on it...
Notbeing disrespectfull though.

Are you reading any of our comments since that?

Nicko9y
Nicko9y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 20:24:45 Reply

Well you did post, but it wasnt concerning
This post

List of stolen flashes:
Saving Wade ------> Stolen here
Bug Run -----> Stolen here
And of course about every pong game is stolen

Ever wonder if your mom kissed you goodnight after she gave your dad a blowjob? Well, you do now.

BBS Signature
ScottTowels
ScottTowels
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 20:38:10 Reply

At 4/8/05 08:24 PM, Nicko9y wrote: Well you did post, but it wasnt concerning
This post

That's because they need to contact the real authors before deciding what to do and the author doesn't necessarily respond instantly.

The author must respond by saying if he owns or not the account. If not, the author could request some actions like moving the submissions to his account or deleting the submissions.

Look at Lijim's post on page 3. All the needed information is there.

SHIT-TASTER
SHIT-TASTER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-08 21:03:02 Reply

At 4/8/05 01:06 PM, Sinterkaas wrote: List of stolen flashes:

Saving Wade ------> Stolen here

Wade. Do something about this.