At 4/3/05 03:09 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
How the flying shitake mushroom did my Runaway Hand cartoon make it in?
That cartoon is nowhere near as good as my Redwar or @t cartoons.
A mystery to me.
Heya, Zekey. I agree, runawayhand wasn't as great as RedWar or @t, no... but it's the one that won a daily award. And that's the only way your movies have made this contest, since Tom doesn't seem to be a fan (or maybe just has never seen your movies) and so hasn't featured any on the frontpage that didn't have an award...
And the reason for that is quite simple: you submitted runawayhand on a day when not many super-high-scoring flashes were submitted, so you were in the daily top 5... you submitted RedWar and @t on days when too many huge authors submitted super-high-scoring flash, and you fell out of the top 5 those days. ;_;
At 4/1/05 11:19 PM, frostedmuffins wrote:
I have a question Tom. If I submitted a flash yesterday, but it was put on the front page today (which I will never forget, thank you soooo much!!!!), am I entered in this month's list, or April's?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/222150 (aka 3 3ast 3 3urious) was submitted at 5 PM on February 28th, but it didn't qualify for the Best of February voting a month ago.
It won a daily award for MARCH 1ST, because that's how things on NG work: any daily award you win has the FOLLOWING date on it (or even two days later if you submit at like 11:30 PM).
As a result, the monthly contest is really a "last day of the month-before-last to the NEXT-to-last day of last month" span thingie. If that makes any sense at all. Which it should, if you paid attention to my 3333 example. #;-}>
At 4/2/05 01:58 AM, Parasoul wrote:
My picks this month were:
1. Madness Depridation
2. 3 3ast 3 3urious
3. There She Is 2
4. The Real Legend of Zelda 2
You've got the closest tastes to mine for this past month's flashes (in this topic, at least).
I wanted to vote for 3 3ast 3 3urious, Orbox, Runawayhand, There She Is 2, Madness Depradation, AND Motherload, and that's 6 entries (4 of which you voted for in your top 5). THEN... I realised that most of the time since Skye submitted the 825-feet-depth-limited demo version of Motherload to NG, I only played it once or twice and then moved on to the FULL version on his site (where you can get to around 7500 feet deep... not to mention save your stats/equipment and "beat" the game), which is where I've been wasting time since 3/31....
And I kinda decided it was unfair to vote for it based on my fun experiences on XGenStudios.com, when we're supposed to be voting on the actual *NG entry*... so... I snipped it off the list.
1. 3 3ast 3 3urious (just greatness! funny as hell... HAD to give it the full 5 points)
2. Runawayhand (I didn't vote for Zekey's collab last month, I HAD to vote for his solo work +4 points!)
3. Orbox (I spent a couple days on that game in early March, it had great replay value.. so... 3 points)
4. There she is!! step 2 (not on par w/ #1 but still great... didn't need more than 2 points from me to win, though)
5. Madness Depredation (similarly, I didn't enjoy it as much as Avenger or Apotheosis, but those never got a chance to be in one of these votes. At the same time, there's no way it won't win, so I just gave it 1 point)