Be a Supporter!

Religion Thread

  • 1,294 Views
  • 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:08:28 Reply

Religion.About 80% practises some type of worshipping.But is any ofit real or true?Well i for one believe in religion cause im a muslim.But wat r u?Jewish ,christianity, bot?why do u think ur religion i the right one and the word of god?

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:21:41 Reply

who thinks religion is bad?Who likes it?is it good?does it help?Wat about the situation in the middle east!?

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:26:38 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:08 PM, muteecho wrote: Religion.About 80% practises some type of worshipping.But is any ofit real or true?Well i for one believe in religion cause im a muslim.But wat r u?Jewish ,christianity, bot?why do u think ur religion i the right one and the word of god?

What kind of Muslim are you?

I am a practicing Christian, but I've become much more open-minded about religion in general. Having learned from a very intelligent Muslim teacher, I choose to look at religion from a Muslim perspective: that God has given all of the faiths messengers.

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:28:40 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:21 PM, muteecho wrote: who thinks religion is bad?Who likes it?is it good?does it help?Wat about the situation in the middle east!?

Religion is a good thing that can be twisted to fit the ends of evil people. Unfortunately, the left often disregards religion completely for this reason. It helps on an individual basis, and the situation in the Middle East is only inflamed by religion. It would be happening without religion.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:33:11 Reply

Well i like to follow islam the way i see fit..by staying to the ideals of islam and the ideals that there is only ONE god who has sent thousands of messengers to every nation or tribe to teach them that there is a god who loves u but for u to pray to him five times a day(althought i dont pray tht many times like devout muslims)I dont neithert does the mogority of the worlds muslims follow osama.His organization is based on solely to discredit islam.Another belief that i hold dearly is that islam completes judiasm and christianity.It's like the missing part.It corrects the problems of the world.Its also a way of life where men and women live equally.of course their r the rogue "muslim" leaders who dont follow islam they r unlike SAladin.

ThunderBolt2001
ThunderBolt2001
  • Member since: May. 26, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:33:20 Reply

I think that religion is something that was created in the beginning as an explanation for things that humans cannot comprehend. And to some extent, this basic fact affects all religion- more so ancient ones than christianity and other more recent religions. They all have one thing in common, a set of moral codes. And usually as a result of following these codes, we are saved from damnation or promised happiness. I, for one, am unsure of which religion is the correct path. I have also become disgusted how society picks and choses which parts it wants to keep, then crucifies me (no pun intended) if I do the same. An example of this is the Jewish religion, which changed as women's rights became an issue- they went from believing women as "unclean" to the point of not being able to worship during times and as "home-makers" to making them equal to men, YET they still require the observance of pigs being an "unclean" animal and circumcision. Things like that get to me. Also the fact that God killed millions for crimes, yet Catholics believe we should support criminals in prisions rather than kill them. Even though I am uncertain as to my religious ideals, I do know that we must all strive to live to the best of our abilities and in a fashion that does not intentionally harm others. But that doesn't mean that if someone pushes me, I'm not going to hook them in the jaw- because I will. This shows how we must be able to adapt while holding this ideal, and uses the scientific rule of "every action has an equal and opposite reaction." No matter what religion you choose, as long as your not an asshole and do the best you can, I dont think a supreme being will find any fault with you.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:48:10 Reply

Well i have a question.Im not gay but what does the christian god think of homosexuality?ABortion?I would have to say that my god(even though i believe i worship the same gad as u) very similar to ur god.

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 20:55:50 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:48 PM, muteecho wrote: Well i have a question.Im not gay but what does the christian god think of homosexuality?ABortion?I would have to say that my god(even though i believe i worship the same gad as u) very similar to ur god.

Gay: God designed marriage as one man and one woman. In our mostly-secularized society, being queer is not a crime, but to give homosexuals the same marriage rights as straight people undermines the meaning and original intent of marriage.

Abortion: I'd have to assume that abortion would be off limits. Since it is written that God designs every person with a purpose and a reason, abortion is basically taking that purpose and reason out of the world before it can begin.

In an Islamic Society, homosexuality and abortion would be out of the question entirely. It is probably a crime to be gay in most Muslim countries, and will continue to be so in the new Democracies like Afghanistan and Iraq.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-03-31 21:06:10 Reply

yeah.WE have our share of hard-liners.But everywhere you go u wil usually find animouisityb directed towards gays.

Peter-II
Peter-II
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 12:27:47 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:55 PM, Rooster349 wrote: Gay: God designed marriage as one man and one woman.

What the hell are you talking about? It was man that designed marriage, not God (I'm agnostic, don't make any assumptions that I'm Christian).

In our mostly-secularized society, being queer is not a crime, but to give homosexuals the same marriage rights as straight people undermines the meaning and original intent of marriage.

What...? Marriage is about commiting yourself to another person, not about having to be heterosexual. If a man can commit himself to another man, or a woman to another woman, then so be it; they should be allowed to marry, just as heterosexuals are. And before somebody tries to counteract my argument, I'll do a possible question list:

"But wait, Grim, what difference would it make if they were allowed to marry then just being together?"

If they were to break up, for instance, one could just throw the other out of the house, and he'she would have nothing, rather than half the stuff.

"Hang on; you want them to have the right to marry, but what's the point in letting them marry if they just break up?"

Heterosexuals get divorced, it's bound to happen in same-sex marriages too. You can't deny their right to marry because of something that happens in heterosexual relationships. But here's a better example:

If one who owns the house they live in dies, the other doesn't get it. Also, if one was hospitalized, the nurse would sooner take the other's advice of that person's needs if they were married.

The fact is, gay people love each other as much as straight people love each other; why deny their right to marry?

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Member since: May. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 13:31:33 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:08 PM, muteecho wrote: Religion.About 80% practises some type of worshipping.But is any ofit real or true?Well i for one believe in religion cause im a muslim.But wat r u?Jewish ,christianity, bot?why do u think ur religion i the right one and the word of god?

Religion is completely superfluous in the modern age and does no good, only harm.


SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 13:34:28 Reply

At 4/1/05 01:31 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 3/31/05 08:08 PM, muteecho wrote: Religion.About 80% practises some type of worshipping.But is any ofit real or true?Well i for one believe in religion cause im a muslim.But wat r u?Jewish ,christianity, bot?why do u think ur religion i the right one and the word of god?
Religion is completely superfluous in the modern age and does no good, only harm.

I agree. My opinion is that religion is responsible for a lot of wars and conflicts and the world would be better without it.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 13:51:49 Reply

I have a question for all of those people who find nothing unacceptable about homosexuality:

How far are you willing to push this country? Homosexuality is clearly unnatural and I, as a Christian, believe that homosexual behavior is wrong and sinful; but where do you draw the line? If we allow homosexuality, then why not allow polygamy (actually, the ACLU is already trying to legalize that)? If polygamy, then why not bestiality? If bestiality, then why not necrophilia? That's the problem I have with liberalism; it seems they attempt to push this country as far left and so-called "tolerating" as possible. Sure, they tolerate everyone that agrees with them, but when conservatives with actual "moral standards" challenge their radical ideas, they freak out and call them fascist bigots. I am a conservative independent, and I care about where this country is headed. I do not like how liberals twist the consitution to meet their own agenda; never in their wildest dreams would the forefathers believe that homosexuality would be ever considered "socially acceptable" in America. There are many things liberals are trying to do in this country that would shock the founders, and it doesn't take much to realize this. I'd just like to know how much needs to be done to the United States before liberals will be satisfied.

1Shot-Paddy
1Shot-Paddy
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 13:53:25 Reply

I think you need to realise that there is no God and Mohammad didn't have any visions. Jesus didn't exist nor did Moses. The Jews weren't even in Egypt.

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:01:00 Reply

At 4/1/05 01:31 PM, jonthomson wrote: Religion is completely superfluous in the modern age and does no good, only harm.

Are you kidding? Judeo-Christian people have done more good in the world than any other force. We care about people, and we are mandated to help people. Never in the Bible does it say to inflict pain on those who disagree with you; it says to love your enemies, do good to those that would harm you, and pray for those who despise you. How is this harmful, dude?

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:02:34 Reply

At 4/1/05 01:53 PM, 1Shot-Paddy wrote: I think you need to realise that there is no God and Mohammad didn't have any visions. Jesus didn't exist nor did Moses. The Jews weren't even in Egypt.

Oh brother. You = IGNORANT. Go do some research, dude. <_<

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Member since: May. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:04:03 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:01 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote:
At 4/1/05 01:31 PM, jonthomson wrote: Religion is completely superfluous in the modern age and does no good, only harm.
Are you kidding?

Nope. Religion's one of the two things that I hope we'll see the last of by the time I die. The other's party politics.


SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:16:54 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:04 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 4/1/05 02:01 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Are you kidding?
Nope. Religion's one of the two things that I hope we'll see the last of by the time I die. The other's party politics.

I would like you to comment on the rest of my post. And fortunately, faith will never die out; science cannot (and will never) answer the most basic questions of existence. The Bible explains much of what we'd like to know, much of what cannot be explained through scientific reason. And one point I'd like to make is that the Holy Bible and science CANNOT CONFLICT. So far, anti-religious people have been unsuccessful at disproving what they claim is a "hokey book of myth and fairytales". Well, if there was no truth to the Bible, wouldn't it be very easy to discredit a book that dates back 3500 years? All attempts to defeat the Bible have failed miserably, and Christianity is the world's dominant religion.

jmaster306
jmaster306
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:25:43 Reply

You already know my thoughts on this so I'll make this quick.

At 4/1/05 02:16 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: All attempts to defeat the Bible have failed miserably,

I would disagree to that statement :)

and Christianity is the world's dominant religion.

Biggest =/= Best

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:28:36 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:25 PM, jmaster306 wrote: You already know my thoughts on this so I'll make this quick.

At 4/1/05 02:16 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: All attempts to defeat the Bible have failed miserably,
I would disagree to that statement :)

Umm. For instance?


and Christianity is the world's dominant religion.
Biggest =/= Best

Not as a rule, no. But 33% of the world would disagree with you.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Member since: May. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:31:13 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:16 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote:
At 4/1/05 02:04 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 4/1/05 02:01 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Are you kidding?
Nope. Religion's one of the two things that I hope we'll see the last of by the time I die. The other's party politics.
I would like you to comment on the rest of my post. And fortunately, faith will never die out; science cannot (and will never) answer the most basic questions of existence.

Well, put it this way - I don't try to argue whether there is a god or not, because that is pointless, although IMO it all comes from the big bang and that. But answer this - faith may die out, but faith in what? The teachings of the bible? That's just going from a book, and is effectively on the same level as those who claim their religion is "Jedi Knight". Faith in a god? Believe in a god all you like, but you DON'T need a religion as a backdrop to doing that.


SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
jmaster306
jmaster306
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 14:38:17 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:28 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Umm. For instance?

I seem to remember this topic called "Gay adoption" were several of us backed you into an intellectual corner to which you imediately started ignoring our posts. You know, where I told you that you need to support your claims with more than religion. Then you turned around and said "I don't see any of your data." To which I responded with an entire research paper's worth of source citations. You have yet to respond =P

Not as a rule, no. But 33% of the world would disagree with you.

Yes and long ago nearly 100% of the world absolutely knew that the world was flat. Look, I'm not trying to knock christianity as a faith, but I am knocking your belief that it is the absolute for the world. We've had this debate before, remember? I'd perfer to not continue at this instance since neither of us are bending in our ideas.

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 15:44:10 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:38 PM, jmaster306 wrote:
At 4/1/05 02:28 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Umm. For instance?
I seem to remember this topic called "Gay adoption" were several of us backed you into an intellectual corner to which you imediately started ignoring our posts.

Intellectual corner (LoL)? When it's ten against one, it becomes rather difficult to respond to everybody's posts. =P But exactly what does that have to do with science discrediting the holy scriptures?

You know, where I told you that you need to support your claims with more than religion. Then you turned around and said "I don't see any of your data." To which I responded with an entire research paper's worth of source citations. You have yet to respond =P

That was Maus's link, not yours or Tal-con's (though he has taken credit for it). I combine scientific reason with biblical influence to reach a conclusion. They are separate and distinct, but they cannot conflict. I fail to see this relates to this topic, but whatever.

You have yet to respond =P

We haven't gotten anywhere, and Tal-con has a radically different (and [IMO] a tunnel-vision -like) method of interpreting the scriptures, so I'm not gonna waste my time. He only insults me and claims he can get me banned, anyway (LoL). I've moved on... ~.^

We've had this debate before, remember? I'd perfer to not continue at this instance since neither of us are bending in our ideas.

I think that's best (LoL).


Yes and long ago nearly 100% of the world absolutely knew that the world was flat. Look, I'm not trying to knock christianity as a faith, but I am knocking your belief that it is the absolute for the world.

There can only be one way, one absolute truth. Judeo-Christianity has a lot to back it up, and I have experienced the Holy Spirit personally, so I have no doubt of its truth. There is a lot that is debatable among religious scholars, and denominations have various interpretations of the literalness of holy scripture; but the core message is the same. Everything in the Bible boils down to one simple passage (and I'm sure you've heard of it).

John 3:16. ^.^

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 16:54:29 Reply

At 4/1/05 12:27 PM, Grimport wrote:
At 3/31/05 08:55 PM, Rooster349 wrote: Gay: God designed marriage as one man and one woman.
What the hell are you talking about? It was man that designed marriage, not God (I'm agnostic, don't make any assumptions that I'm Christian).

Marriage is defined in the bible in the second chapter of Genesis. I knew that you weren't Christian because you would have known that.

The fact is, gay people love each other as much as straight people love each other; why deny their right to marry?

Because gay people don't have a right to marry and never have. They can love each other, commit to each other, go on as many dates as possible, etc. But marriage is reserved for one man and one woman.

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 17:44:49 Reply

At 4/1/05 02:31 PM, jonthomson wrote: Well, put it this way - I don't try to argue whether there is a god or not, because that is pointless, although IMO it all comes from the big bang and that.

And where do you believe the "Big Bang" came from?

But answer this - faith may die out, but faith in what? The teachings of the bible? That's just going from a book, and is effectively on the same level as those who claim their religion is "Jedi Knight".

We believe that the Bible is more than an ancient book. It is the living, inspired Word of God (not dictated, inspired). We integrate its teachings into our lives, and we take what it says to heart. The Bible covers much: history (what happened a long time ago), prophecy (what is to take place in the future), and it also tells us how we should live our lives today in order to please God. Everything we need can be found within the 66 books of the Bible.

Faith in a god? Believe in a god all you like, but you DON'T need a religion as a backdrop to doing that.

You may be referring to Catholicism. I am a Protestant and do not subscribe to Catholic doctrine. Many facets of Catholicism conflict with the teachings of the Holy Bible, so I prefer Protestantism. I don't use my faith as a "crutch"; but I know that I, as a human being, do not hold all the answers. And science cannot answer the most basic questions of existence, so I turn to God. Considering everything in the Bible lines up perfectly, and I have personally experienced the Holy Spirit, AND the science does not conflict with holy scripture; I choose to believe that there's something to it all.

jmaster306
jmaster306
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 18:11:21 Reply

At 4/1/05 03:44 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Intellectual corner (LoL)? When it's ten against one, it becomes rather difficult to respond to everybody's posts. =P But exactly what does that have to do with science discrediting the holy scriptures?

Nothing, I've spent more time discrediting your interpretation of the scriptures than the scriptures themselves.

That was Maus's link, not yours or Tal-con's (though he has taken credit for it). I combine scientific reason with biblical influence to reach a conclusion. They are separate and distinct, but they cannot conflict. I fail to see this relates to this topic, but whatever.

Just for the record, look here at the bottom of page 5

We haven't gotten anywhere, and Tal-con has a radically different (and [IMO] a tunnel-vision -like) method of interpreting the scriptures, so I'm not gonna waste my time. He only insults me and claims he can get me banned, anyway (LoL). I've moved on... ~.^

Yeah I saw that too, that is why most of us stopped posting.

There can only be one way, one absolute truth.

What if the truth is that no one religion is correct and it is god that judges us on our lives as people and not strictly looking at if we are christian or not?

John 3:16. ^.^

Meh, I'd say that is the single most over-rated verse of the bible. I've always liked John 15:13 much better myself. Less preachy and more true to what it means to be a person of love.

VerseChorusVerse
VerseChorusVerse
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-01 20:59:35 Reply

At 4/1/05 06:11 PM, jmaster306 wrote:
At 4/1/05 03:44 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Intellectual corner (LoL)? When it's ten against one, it becomes rather difficult to respond to everybody's posts. =P But exactly what does that have to do with science discrediting the holy scriptures?
Nothing, I've spent more time discrediting your interpretation of the scriptures than the scriptures themselves.

How do you discredit someone's interpretation? Look, dude... This is another thread, and I am sick of discussing "gay adoption", so let's just stick to THIS topic. It is pointless to go on and on about the subject; we haven't gotten anywhere.


That was Maus's link, not yours or Tal-con's (though he has taken credit for it). I combine scientific reason with biblical influence to reach a conclusion. They are separate and distinct, but they cannot conflict. I fail to see this relates to this topic, but whatever.
Just for the record, look here at the bottom of page 5

I don't get your point, but whatever. Can we just move on (if you don't mind)?


There can only be one way, one absolute truth.
What if the truth is that no one religion is correct and it is god that judges us on our lives as people and not strictly looking at if we are christian or not?

John 3:16. ^.^
Meh, I'd say that is the single most over-rated verse of the bible. I've always liked John 15:13 much better myself. Less preachy and more true to what it means to be a person of love.

I don't pick and choose which verses I like and don't like; I (as an evangelical Christian) prefer to view the Bible in its entirety. Actually, one of my personal favorite scriptures is Romans 10:9. If you live your life by this one single verse, you'll still come out alright. ^.^

1Shot-Paddy
1Shot-Paddy
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 11:36:04 Reply

here's a list of 1146 contradictions in the Bible. It shows how it is made up and total balls.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html

darklad
darklad
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 11:52:50 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:08 PM, muteecho wrote: Religion.About 80% practises some type of worshipping.But is any ofit real or true?Well i for one believe in religion cause im a muslim.But wat r u?Jewish ,christianity, bot?why do u think ur religion i the right one and the word of god?

me? i'm muslim myself, nice to see other muslims on NG, why do i believe it? maybe because i want to put my mind at ease from things i can't explain, like what happens after i die, or how the world was created and such, and because many times in my life i asked god for help when i'm in a tight spot, and things suddenly started to look up, but mainly because i was raised to believe that, kinda like brain wash, lol

Pre-K-Prostitute
Pre-K-Prostitute
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 11:54:13 Reply

Hmmm..... I've got a question... Is god not, in a sense, just a socially acceptable form of having an imaginary friend? Also, I'm not so sure I understand how, when someone becomes aware of god's will, through the form of a xenomorphous voice, they are heralded as prophets, rather than people with some serious mental issues... Or, if "god" tells them something in a dream, that that couldnt just be... well... a dream... not any higher power, enlightening them... I dunno... nobody ever listens to mah posts...


Boldest is he who refuses see what has once come and is to be.

BBS Signature