00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scenes or not..?

626 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 01:03:10

I normally use scenes so the timeline isn't so big and confusing. But, when you do stream music, it stops when the new scene starts. Is there anyway to avoid this or should i just not use scenes at all?

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 09:46:37

Here are 2 solutions:

1) embed all the animation that would be one scene in a movie clip. Do this with all the scenes that need to be matched to the music and place them in one scene on separate timelines. Set the movie clips to be treated as graphic-play once. Your timeline is now easier to deal with. The movie clips can be adjusted individually by clicking them and modifying their individual timelines.

2) you can choose to have the audio start at a specific frame in each scene so the music can be left as stream. The downside is that flash may slip a few frames occassionally and screw up the audio.

I recommend option 1.

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 10:45:26

1) embed all the animation that would be one scene in a movie clip. Do this with all the scenes that need to be matched to the music and place them in one scene on separate timelines. Set the movie clips to be treated as graphic-play once. Your timeline is now easier to deal with. The movie clips can be adjusted individually by clicking them and modifying their individual timelines.

Thanks.. but do you mean put each movie clip on seperate scenes? You lost me at "place them in one scene on seperate timelines"
, in one scene there can be more than 1 timeline or what?

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 11:02:06

At 3/21/02 10:45 AM, Stoned_Gorilla wrote: You lost me at "place them in one scene on seperate timelines"

Oh shit.
I meant separate layers.
Sorry about that.

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 18:30:27

Hey, thanks man! :)

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 18:50:48

At 3/21/02 09:46 AM, fourchinnigan wrote:

Set the movie clips to be treated as graphic-play once.

This may sound a lil noobish, but where can you set a movie clip to play once? I looked around but i couldn't find it.

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 19:22:39

At 3/21/02 06:50 PM, Stoned_Gorilla wrote: This may sound a lil noobish, but where can you set a movie clip to play once?

Go into your instance panel.
There will be an option to set the symbol to be treated as a movie clip, graphic, or button. If it is treated a s a movie clip, you will only be able to see the animation when the movie is published and it will loop. When you tell it to treat the symbol as a graphic the options loop, single frame, and play once appear. When you choose one of these, you can actually see what the animation looks like while you are building the movie.

Note: any symbol with scripting needs to be either a movie clip or button or it won't be recognized. Only do what I am suggesting in animation cases not scripting.

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-21 23:01:39

At 3/21/02 07:22 PM, fourchinnigan wrote:
At 3/21/02 06:50 PM, Stoned_Gorilla wrote: This may sound a lil noobish, but where can you set a movie clip to play once?
Go into your instance panel.
There will be an option to set the symbol to be treated as a movie clip, graphic, or button. If it is treated a s a movie clip, you will only be able to see the animation when the movie is published and it will loop. When you tell it to treat the symbol as a graphic the options loop, single frame, and play once appear. When you choose one of these, you can actually see what the animation looks like while you are building the movie.

So are you saying I can actually make the scenes in a graphic clip, not a movie clip? I don't think you can do that.. and also, you said you can see what the animation looks like while your building it on either of those, but I don't really see where you told how to make movie clips play once and able to look at it by going through the frames. Did you forget to mention something or am I incapable of following instructions?

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-22 08:16:42

At 3/21/02 11:01 PM, Stoned_Gorilla wrote: So are you saying I can actually make the scenes in a graphic clip, not a movie clip?

Yes. I promise you can. I do it all the time.

...I don't really see where you told how to make movie clips play once and able to look at it by going through the frames.

You have to go into the instance panel and tell flash to treat the movie clip as a graphic, not a movie clip. You will then see the options: play once, loop, single frame.

Response to Scenes or not..? 2002-03-25 00:16:42

At 3/22/02 08:16 AM, fourchinnigan wrote:
You have to go into the instance panel and tell flash to treat the movie clip as a graphic, not a movie clip. You will then see the options: play once, loop, single frame.

Um, so to put it in simple terms, you just make a graphic with an animation in it?