New Topic Respond to this Topic
pr0de
pr0de
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Nooo, I've built this pattern where I'm on this BBS for periods of time for up to 14 hours. It's been happening all wekk. I think I'm going insane. I need to change my sleep pattern where I can go outside in daylight, and not post all night...

Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 3/27/05 01:32 AM, -Noir wrote: We were born in similiar times in Newgrounds history.

Yea, don't even get me started. You and I could be level 14 by now, actually. I didn't start depositing until around mid January of 2004, and I've missed a couple of days since I started. I'd be level 14 by now at least.

Come to think of it, this is actually my alt account, considering the account I use as an alt today is older than this. But me babbling on about sign up dates is off topic. I agree with your points and I feel I am in a comparable catagory.

Not really off-topic that much, but whatever. Dissent is more interesting than strict adherence, in my opinion.

Oh, and if it means anything, you're definitely a vet/regular. I know your name and recognize you instantly whenever I see it. Then again, I'm not a good model for most BBS posters, because I have a really good memory coupled with a tendency to lurk without posting, so while I can remember most people, I don't know if I posted when I learnt of their existence, so I don't know if they remember me.

BBS Signature
Vegeton
Vegeton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Artist
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 01:40 PM Reply

Hmm..I'm probably the casual poster. I'm here every so often and post regularly but no one knows who I am or what in god's name I'm doing in here..that's about it.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature
n0ir
n0ir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 3/27/05 01:32 PM, Evark wrote:
At 3/27/05 01:32 AM, -Noir wrote: We were born in similiar times in Newgrounds history.
Yea, don't even get me started. You and I could be level 14 by now, actually. I didn't start depositing until around mid January of 2004, and I've missed a couple of days since I started. I'd be level 14 by now at least.

My other account was from..... 5/20/03.
Blasphemy.

Not really off-topic that much, but whatever. Dissent is more interesting than strict adherence, in my opinion.

touché.

Oh, and if it means anything, you're definitely a vet/regular.

Ah, thanks for the kind words.

I know your name and recognize you instantly whenever I see it. Then again, I'm not a good model for most BBS posters, because I have a really good memory coupled with a tendency to lurk without posting, so while I can remember most people, I don't know if I posted when I learnt of their existence, so I don't know if they remember me.

Ha, I know what you mean. You are more of a spectator than an actual participant? You know excactly whats going on on stage, but whoever is on stage doesn't bother to single you out and remember your face in the crowd. That is how I feel sometimes.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:38 PM Reply

lol im an OC newb

i only just discovered the fun of the bbs when i got banned from my previous forums

i cant believe ive been on ng since i was 10 then signed up proper two years ago and never noticed the bbs

NightCrawler
NightCrawler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I kind of fall into the wise vet category, However, if you cant see, I am definately no veteran. So, I am going to make my own category. All who wish to fall into this category, is fine by me.

The Intellectual Regular
This user enjoys depicting himself as intelligent and somewhat mature. He has blossomed into someone that is hard to dislike. This user post solely to threads that are in his/her opinion important, and this person hardely ever spams. This person hopes that with his/her sense of maturity, that others may follow. This user may be somewhat immature in real life, but on the BBS he does the exact opposite.

This is how I view myself. I dont post so often to the point where everyone knows me, but I am able to. I just post what I feel I should post, and nothing more. I used to be the exact opposite back in the day, but now, I have changed. I feel that this side of me, is much better than my other side of me. I am confident that some people are similar to the way I am, and I must commend them. I do not in anyway see myself as being superior to anyone else, but I would like to someday be a mod.

BBS Signature
AnzRage
AnzRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:42 PM Reply

what category do you think i fit into?

BBS Signature
n0ir
n0ir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 3/27/05 02:42 PM, AnzRage wrote: what category do you think i fit into?

1. The artist:
The user that is found in the flash forum. They are their to share their work and ideas, and show off their leet flash making skills. This user could perhaps be a graphic artist who provides awesome signature and profile pictures for people in the c and c aswell.

5. The casual poster
They are active, but not active enough to be noticed by everyone. They might rear away from general forum, or only post there when they see an interesting topic. They probably have a small community waiting their arrival in a club or crew in C&C , and might log on daily only to post in a certain thread.

BBS Signature
Gagne-1
Gagne-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:49 PM Reply

I am half-way between casual poster and regular.

LaqeurHed
LaqeurHed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:50 PM Reply

Dont forget about the "Nazi Moderator":
A lot like the bad cop moderator, except the nazi mod will ban people "because they feel like it", even when no rule has been broken. The nazi mod sees banning and locking as more than their job, to them it is a type of sick lust. They think that banning random people is funny, and that the BBS exists solely for their ammusement of playing god.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:52 PM Reply

I think i'm

1. The regular:
This user is active on all forums. Everyone has seen them, and they know pretty much all the users. They are popular, as far as the internet goes, and are probably destine to become the next moderator, when such a user is chosen.

Anybody want tell me what I am? Thnx =)

darkside907
darkside907
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:53 PM Reply

im a noob #1 all the way

Gagne-1
Gagne-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:53 PM Reply

You are right SMC. Except maybe for the mod part. But hey it's possible!

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:54 PM Reply

I consider myself a casual, but others might think I'm still a n00b or something. I only post in topics that interest me or I post if I can help somebody. I just try not to act like an idiot and as long as people don't consider me that way.. I'm satisfied.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
FoxyJ9
FoxyJ9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:57 PM Reply

I think I am a casual poster.. What do you think?

BBS Signature
Slaker4012
Slaker4012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I guess I'm a regular. Not to sure though, it's hard to think of how other people view me.

ScottTowels
ScottTowels
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 3/26/05 11:48 PM, -Noir wrote: I was thinking about doing that, but I thought you guys would beat me with your blunt pipes, and baseball bats, and metal gauntlets for making a judgemental comment about how everyone in the wi/ht are flippin obsessed with internet statistics.

because you typed the truth? Of course not. We want to be known as statswhores :(

please forgive me . :' (

Noes! You didn't describe us yet!

At 3/27/05 12:52 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I'd probably be put under the regular who spams, but I don't feel that I spam often, and I have only done it once or twice (no excuse, but at least I'm man enough to admit I did wrong).

Only one or twice? HAHAHA. Accusing you of "youknowhat" won't change anything so I'm going to suggest you this: whenever you are responding to a topic, you should wait and quote 4 people in the same post instead of quoting 4 people in 4 different posts. That would reduce your amount of unecessary posts.

At 3/27/05 01:16 PM, DarkSytze wrote: Im an Regular NG User who just comes to the General.

The flash portal is jealous!

At 3/27/05 02:42 PM, AnzRage wrote: what category do you think i fit into?

NG's private detective.

Peter-II
Peter-II
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 03:08 PM Reply

2. The comedian:
This user is fucking hilarious.

Oh yeah...

I'm probably the casual poster though. Nobody knows me.

Makaio
Makaio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 27th, 2005 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 3/26/05 11:03 PM, -Noir wrote: IV. The Absolute BBS Regulars

1. The regular:
This user is active on all forums. Everyone has seen them, and they know pretty much all the users. They are popular, as far as the internet goes, and are probably destine to become the next moderator, when such a user is chosen.

I would say and hope you guys agree i am a mix of this

1. The artist:
The user that is found in the flash forum. They are their to share their work and ideas, and show off their leet flash making skills. This user could perhaps be a graphic artist who provides awesome signature and profile pictures for people in the c and c aswell.

occaisonally this

2. The comedian:
This user is fucking hilarious.

and hopefully somtimes this :D

Even tho i do make frequent typos (very rarely spelling errors just typos) i would hope im not considered a noob because of it
When i find a topic im interested in i try to make an intelligent posts with a joke or two thrown in and i do hang in the c 'n' c making sigs and at the frat (not so much lately but im coming back.)

If anyone thinks im flattering myself tell me plz :S

n0ir
n0ir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Apparently alot of people don't fit into the given catagories.
Part two shall be posted tomorrow or the day after.

Now all of my avid fans have something to anticipate. -_-

BBS Signature
idle
idle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 3/28/05 10:33 PM, -Noir wrote: Now all of my avid fans have something to anticipate. -_-

I cross many boundaries.
You can't clasify me.

OMG please classify me -Noir.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature
n0ir
n0ir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 3/28/05 10:45 PM, -idle- wrote:
I cross many boundaries.
You can't clasify me.

OMG please classify me -Noir.

First of all, your a man, as of me recently checking your profile.
smack.

BBS Signature
idle
idle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 3/28/05 10:48 PM, -Noir wrote: First of all, your a man, as of me recently checking your profile.
smack.

Maybe your right, maybe your not.
</mystery>

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature
HourGlass
HourGlass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 12:50 PM Reply

Cool. I'm a casual poster.

KungFuCow
KungFuCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 12:55 PM Reply

I think im a casual poster- a regular.

BBS Signature
FrostyBear
FrostyBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 3/27/05 01:21 PM, Zendra wrote: I think I'm the regular. Since I'm here atleast two hours a day. And most people have seen me hanging around here. :)

You've got that right. Beware of the future mod Zendra.

I think I'm a casual poster. I haven't been that long on the forums and I've never posted in the Wi/Ht forums. I'm so unfamiliar with it.

BBS Signature
FatherVenom
FatherVenom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At the behest of -Noir I'm posting this in here with some extra details.

Now as it's been hypothesized by the Politics regulars that there are three levels of General user.
The good regulars
The bad regulars
The "Generalites"

The good regulars are your normal good posters like Gooch and the general mods. They would have read this, but they already know.

The bad regulars might read through a thread, but they'd disregard it anyway. Look for a user you normally see that has terrible grammar. They can still be popular. Think DaSadGirl.

The "Generalites" read the topic title, maybe the first post (doubtful), and then posted something like, "OMGZ! USAMA is on the loose?!!!!one!" or "I love you Osamarama," or "You're an idiot! Why give up all that power?" or (most commonly) "Give me teh Ban-stick!"

There are a few semi-unifying traits. One is that they love useless posts, but don't always make them. Many can't hold their own in an argument. Another common trait is an egocentrism that centers around General. They either don't care about the other forums or don't realize they're there.

T-w-i-T-c-h
T-w-i-T-c-h
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 01:24 PM Reply

i have a feeling i might be a number three.
am i?

DanMalo
DanMalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 01:28 PM Reply

No idea what category I would fall under.

All I know is that whatever it is... automatically becomes the best category of all time.

BBS Signature
Miles
Miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Bbs User Archive Mar. 30th, 2005 @ 01:30 PM Reply

D: i don't fit any of those molds.

BBS Signature