New Topic Respond to this Topic
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 04:52 AM Reply

Yeah well I had some kind of depression 2 years ago, I had the feeling that I was always doing everything wrong and I was always saying stupid things and stuff like that. And last year me and some others had some trouble with a guy from school. I was really thinking "I can't handle this" but after he went to another class, my depression was completely gone and I felt a lot stronger. I think you should just wait until it passes by or you could look for a hobby or something?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
DaRKNeZz1
DaRKNeZz1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 05:11 AM Reply

Look up a pill called celexia and welbutrin. In a combo I hear they work good.

Shadow-XII
Shadow-XII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 3/26/05 02:54 AM, OMEN88 wrote: hey theres a really great topic about all of makind right next door. apparently the guy who started it knows a whole lot. go talk to him.

Huh? Make that make sense and I'll get back to you.

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 05:22 AM Reply

At 3/26/05 05:21 AM, Shadow_XII wrote:
At 3/26/05 02:54 AM, OMEN88 wrote: hey theres a really great topic about all of makind right next door. apparently the guy who started it knows a whole lot. go talk to him.
Huh? Make that make sense and I'll get back to you.

He was reffering to this topic

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
cattails234
cattails234
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 05:28 AM Reply

theres too much cool stuff to get depressed!

WizardSleeve
WizardSleeve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 07:46 AM Reply

At 3/26/05 02:51 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: I know the age of newground members varies greatly. I need someone who was depressed while they were teenagers, but are now past that and into their twenties or older to tell me something.

Does it ever get better? Does it become a matter of living with this shitty frame of mind? Or does that frame of mind change?
It'd be really great to get some incite from someone who got out of depression.

Well you never really get out of depression, you just learn to deal with it better. Its a case of trying to make yourslef happy, instead of dwelling on the negative.

This is kinda bad the way i got over most of my depression but I will tell ya how it went.

I was 18 and homeless, staying at a differant friends house everynight, had no money or anything. And my friends insisted on taking me out clubbing... they even bought me a couple of E's.. well I came up and I had a sort of epiphany. It went along the lines of

Hang on a minute... why do i hate myself and my life this much? I have some great friends, who have payed for me to go out with them, payed for these drugs that are making me love myself, etc etc.. and it went off on a really long one and sorted alot of shit out in my head. Its just a case of accepting your flaws, improving on them, and looking at the positives.

I still do get it, but its a case of trying to find somethign else to occupy your time, or focusing it into something positive. Just stop dwelling on the negative. Its hard to do i know, i'm not gonan get into how messed up I was... all I know is that I used to deal with my problems through alcohol.. which was wrong.. then i smoked over an oz a week, which was also wrong.. i even went through a phase of taking way too much E.. which was very wrong.. thats something that should be kept for occasional use... all I can say is I am glad that I am pretty much better now, The only drug i touch is cannibis (i dont even drink) and i am moving on with my life. I still have the insecurities and things, but like I said.. its just a case of dealing with it.

If you have anything more specific you want to ask then feel free to go for it. can email me or whatever, i know how hard it can be and sometimes its nice to have some one to winge at.

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.
Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.
Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature
Ben
Ben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 07:48 AM Reply

I am not in anyway depressed...

One of my friends however is, and i see no real reason for it. He has gone all emo on me and my friends and its really starting to piss us off.

He got really interested in a girl who practically refused to speak to him and started cutting himself when we told him fuck all was going to happen with it.

Sigh.

Minds shall break and bring a clear sky.

BBS Signature
NecrophiliacOrgy
NecrophiliacOrgy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 07:50 AM Reply

I used to be depressed pretty badly, but I got some tablets for it, I think they're called Saint John's Wort.

WizardSleeve
WizardSleeve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 08:03 AM Reply

At 3/26/05 07:48 AM, Hybr1d wrote: I am not in anyway depressed...

One of my friends however is, and i see no real reason for it. He has gone all emo on me and my friends and its really starting to piss us off.

He got really interested in a girl who practically refused to speak to him and started cutting himself when we told him fuck all was going to happen with it.

Sigh.

Well there doesn't have to be a reason for depression.. there wasn't really one with me, its just a chemical imbalance... most people use the word depression way to often... what they mean is they are upset.. but upset doesn't get any attention these days so they have to say depressed.

Cutters do it for differant reasons.

Some losers do it for attention, or because they saw some guy in a band do it on stage and think they are really cool... wankers

others because they hate themselves and feel they should punish themselves

some because they don't know why they feel so shit, their is no reason for it, they just want to focus on some pain thats real instead of mental

some because its just that release you need. Watching the blood flow out of you, and the blood loss gives an almost euphoric fealing at times.

Cutting is bad tho... as an ex-cutter it does more harm than good. As it does no good at all, a temporary soloution to a problem.

I hate the cutters who have there arms or wherever they cut on show tho.. they are the attention seekers. Its a personal thing, it aint cool clever or funny, but sometimes it feels like a necessity, its not but it feels like it.

Its a shame that he is pissing you off.. I myself lost alot of friends in my younger years of depression... winging, making self forfilling prohecys like "everyone hates me" its very hard to deal with it and you really do need some good friends to help carry you through.. but you can get really addicted to depression, after a while you don't really know how to feel anything else.. and depression is very selfish too.. its hard to see outside the box when your really depressed. you don't think about how much of a cock you are being by winging, and you need some one to tell you in a way thats not going to strike a nerve.

IF he really is your friend tho, please stick with him and try to help him, if he really is depressed instead of being an attention seeker he need you, and turning your back on him might just push him that bit too far.

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.
Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.
Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature
KillMoochie
KillMoochie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 08:04 AM Reply

how about 14 to depressed to 20 to depressed to in the state of mind you are 12? hwos that?

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 3/26/05 08:03 AM, WizardSleeve wrote: Its a shame that he is pissing you off.. I myself lost alot of friends in my younger years of depression... winging, making self forfilling prohecys like "everyone hates me" its very hard to deal with it and you really do need some good friends to help carry you through.. but you can get really addicted to depression, after a while you don't really know how to feel anything else.. and depression is very selfish too.. its hard to see outside the box when your really depressed. you don't think about how much of a cock you are being by winging, and you need some one to tell you in a way thats not going to strike a nerve.

IF he really is your friend tho, please stick with him and try to help him, if he really is depressed instead of being an attention seeker he need you, and turning your back on him might just push him that bit too far.

Yeah. I never cut myself, cause I never saw the point in it. But I know excatly what you mean by depression can be addictive. You just no longer know how to be happy, and you can get a sense of identification from thinking you are depressed, like it is a personality quirk or something, a trait that makes you more interesting to yourself I suppose. I really cant explain it, but I know excatly what you mean.

Diego
Diego
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to After depression... Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 04:51 PM Reply

I have actual clinical depression (at least thats what the doctors say, I don't really feel all sad and stuff). You probably just have teenage angst, and yes, that does get better.