00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

After depression...

2,187 Views | 33 Replies

After depression... 2005-03-26 02:51:48

I know the age of newground members varies greatly. I need someone who was depressed while they were teenagers, but are now past that and into their twenties or older to tell me something.

Does it ever get better? Does it become a matter of living with this shitty frame of mind? Or does that frame of mind change?
It'd be really great to get some incite from someone who got out of depression.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 02:54:57

hey theres a really great topic about all of makind right next door. apparently the guy who started it knows a whole lot. go talk to him.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 02:56:23

whatever you do, dont kill yourself, you only have 228 posts, getting 1000 will give you something to live for

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 02:58:37

LOL roadkill. thats quite a goal.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:00:58

It'll pass away. It happened to me when I was 13. I got over it when I realized that life is way too short and that if I remained depressed I'll regret it sooner or later. Try to enjoy life as much as you can (even if it is a shitty one) because soon you'll be on your deathbed.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:02:55

At 3/26/05 02:59 AM, AlastorTheDevil wrote:
At 3/26/05 02:54 AM, StarF68 wrote: Depression has become a basic teenage phase.
It's much more than that. Don't go sizing it up like it doesn't mean anything.

Agreed. It is far worse. I lost my 2 cousins and my grandma because of it.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:06:58

At 3/26/05 03:00 AM, CovertOperative wrote: It'll pass away. It happened to me when I was 13. I got over it when I realized that life is way too short and that if I remained depressed I'll regret it sooner or later. Try to enjoy life as much as you can (even if it is a shitty one) because soon you'll be on your deathbed.

Hahaha, I love you man. You really state the whole problem. You see, the funny thing is, I KNOW its a waste of time to be depressed, and that I have so much I could be living for. My life isnt shitty at all, I lack nothing, I get everything I need. There is no REASON I should be depressed, it just turns out my brain won't produce enough chemicals to keep me happy at the moment, and that is related to certain things in my life, I guess. But it is funny because I can SEE all of what you say, and understand it, but that still does not make me happy.
How long were you depressed for? I think that makes a difference. There are very different levels of depression.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:15:03

CaedoDuem: You make very valid points. Even though I've already thought about what you were trying put come across in the Weise thread, your points were very good.

I've been going through your posts and it seems you are a really troubled kid. You are always, constantly depressed.

You should seek help before you become depressed even further and decide to kill innocent civillians.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:20:58

At 3/26/05 03:15 AM, -Jun- wrote: CaedoDuem: You make very valid points. Even though I've already thought about what you were trying put come across in the Weise thread, your points were very good.

I've been going through your posts and it seems you are a really troubled kid. You are always, constantly depressed.

You should seek help before you become depressed even further and decide to kill innocent civillians.

I love you -Jun- Everything is just that black and white to you isnt it. I would give millions of dollars to just be able to see things the way you do :D
No hard feelings about Weise thread arguments, I think we can just agree that we come from different viewpoints. On one last point, I think it is important to state that "help" usually isn't any good. I've talked to some shrinks, but getting un-depressed is gonna be from my initiative, and it has been getting better recently for that reason alone. Bah! It's all so messed up. All I know is that we humans can work ourselves into some pretty shitty states. Don't worry tho, I won't turn into another Weise, I am past that deep stage of depression. :D
See ya dude.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:23:02

At 3/26/05 03:18 AM, StarF68 wrote:
At 3/26/05 02:59 AM, AlastorTheDevil wrote:
At 3/26/05 02:54 AM, StarF68 wrote: Depression has become a basic teenage phase.
It's much more than that. Don't go sizing it up like it doesn't mean anything.
I'm talking about the bullshit depression that a lot of teenagers go through because they either feel sorry for themselves or want attention or something.

I agree their are two types of depressions. One is because it is deemed the "thing to be" while being a teenager. The other is truly a major problem in someones life and usually lasts longer than that typical teenage depression. I assure you I don't feel sorry for myself, or particularly want attention, all I really want is to be happy. There is no REASON for me to be unhappy, none at all, I just seem to be unable to reach that stage of being happy. Does that make any sense?

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:23:52

:D

It was just a dig at you. :P :P

I've got no hard feelings and I know out points are different.

After what you said in Weise, you were asking for it. ;)

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:27:51

At 3/26/05 03:23 AM, -Jun- wrote:
D
It was just a dig at you. :P :P

I've got no hard feelings and I know out points are different.

After what you said in Weise, you were asking for it. ;)

It probably came out more bitter than I meant it too. Like an attack, but things usually come out that way. My whole point with Weise is I can see how he might have thought from a state of major depression, and the choice he may have made from that point. I honestly just don't think that he decided in cold blood to kill innocent people, because I have been in that mental state where you no longer think rationally, and maybe that is where we disagree.
I think you just have to DECIDE to be happy! From this day on, my energy goes fully into being happy, and doing things that will result in being happy. Something to do with letting go of the grudge I think. :D

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:47:51

At 3/26/05 03:27 AM, StarF68 wrote: Sure it makes sense. I've had that feeling before. I don't know if it would count as a depression, but I just tend to ignore it. I know that sounds wierd but I just ignore the fact that I'm not happy, and it helps. Err, I don't know if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain. Stuff like this is interesting.

Anyways what I guess I'm trying to say is don't worry about it, it will pass. I think it's more like one of those things that will come and go from time to time.

For me its been constantly unable to feel happy for two years, but there are varying degrees of that. I agree it is very interesting! I think that a major part is just letting go of the grudge. Happiness can be a decision. Honestly, within the last three posts I decided I was gonna be happy. I guess I JUST realized deeply that there is no reason to be unhappy. This feels kinda strange... hmmm...

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:51:29

trust me, it gets alot worse. The only advice I can give is do what you love. Most likely everyone(parents, friends...) will hate you for doing things you like and not doing what they want you to do, but hey; fuck'em.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:56:37

At 3/26/05 03:51 AM, Morextremist wrote: trust me, it gets alot worse. The only advice I can give is do what you love. Most likely everyone(parents, friends...) will hate you for doing things you like and not doing what they want you to do, but hey; fuck'em.

I recently got into a huge massive fight with my mom over that point excatly. She told me that until I wasn't relying on her money and living under her roof I existed to make her happy. Needless to say that really pissed me off. So ya, I said Fuck THAT! We had a fight, nothing was really solved and I'm happier for it. No one should ever be able to even TRY to live your life for you.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 03:58:12

Every teen has some form of depression. I got through it. and I'm quite happy. Once I got out of school anyways.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:00:37

At 3/26/05 03:58 AM, Revrent wrote: Every teen has some form of depression. I got through it. and I'm quite happy. Once I got out of school anyways.

How long were you depressed for? Was it a short stage, a couple months, years? Explain, I want to see if your situation has any relations to mine.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:16:00

I want to call you "kid," and I think you might want me to as well, so I shall.
Hey kid...
I don't know what this thing "depression" is. But I know about feeling worthless, and like there's no point; and I know about how it can be so hard to get out of bed in the afternoon that one simply doesn't; and I know about how life is meaningless, and how the search for meaning feels IMPORTANT above all else... Life doesn't "get better" but life is the best the there is. GET AWAY. This is of the utmost importance: one must get away. Our world is full of advertisements for this or that cure, for this or that VALUE, and we are expected to gobble it up like it was our lifes blood.
You posting your plea here, for these fools to respond to, is just feeding the attention hungry maw of this fucked up environment. I don't know how old you are, and so I don't know how difficult it will be for you to escape from this crap, but you must get away. If you have a hill that overlooks your town then go to its peak. Look out over the place in which you live, and think about how each light you see represents a person struggling to survive in this senseless world. The world is slowly spinning into nonsense, and we cannot escape it. Those of us who are too sensitive, all to sensitive, are doomed to feel the plight of this descent deeply, and no one can help us.
LIFE DOES GET BETTER! If you can make it another few years, if you can escape from your suffocating surroundings, make it to another state, another contenent, another word, then you will feel how you have decades before you. If you can survive through these decades you will improve: your wisdom will deepen, you understanding of the emptyness that lies within will deepen, and you will find yourself upon an endless road towards senseless advancement.
The world is beautiful, and this is what makes it worth staying around for. Look at anything, the object nearest at hand. But don't see it as an object, but try to see it for what it is merely in itself, without you interpretations. Just look at it. It has nooks, crevasses, folds and colors. It vibrates with an energy byond your understanding, it calls out for recognition! Look at a place that has not been seen for decades: move your refrigerator from its place and look behind it. No one has appreciated that wall for decades, yet it has yearned for appreciation since its inception. The whole world calls out for sight, for your sight, and it feels useless when it goes unobserved. If you feel worthless in your life, then spend your time watching that which no one else has the sensitivity, or attentiveness, to see.
Don't give up! Go find Nietzsche, and Rilke, and let them tell you of the strong Nihilism. Look at your eyes in the mirror. Look deeply at the world around you. Recognize how it is beautiful despite its worthlessness. Be well my friend.
Logosfails@hotmail.com
ensoph...

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:25:46

At 3/26/05 04:16 AM, ensoph wrote: I want to call you "kid," and I think you might want me to as well, so I shall.
Go read the rest, really, go read it. Now. Go.

I think you may have just responded perfectly. The PERFECT response. I think that is excatly what I wanted to hear. It's been a good night on the BBS for me. I don't usually post much, but I was feeling rather down today so I thought I'd try to get my thoughts out, and I got a good load of good feed back, ending in the perfect post. You really depicted a brighter future for me, ensoph. You have my eternal respect.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:27:52

At 3/26/05 04:25 AM, StarF68 wrote:
At 3/26/05 04:16 AM, ensoph wrote: Life doesn't "get better" but life is the best the there is.
LIFE DOES GET BETTER!
First of all: CONTRADICTION.

Second of all. Life is simply life. That's all there is to it. The meaning of life is to live. The meaning depends on how you look at it. Set a goal for your life, your meaning is to fulfill this goal. The meaning of life is to live.

I think I know what your trying to illustrate Star, and I know what he is trying to illustrate, and I think they are the same thing.
Its a matter of just living. Feeling the mysteries of life again. You both are arguing the same point, I believe.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:32:45

I think so too.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:34:42

bullshit! depression sucks! im goanna kick depression in the nuts!

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:50:14

Hey.
I don't believe in a cure, myself. If you find yourself gripped by it inextricably, then make it your life's work. If you cannot escape, then dive in. If darkness surrounds you, then explore it... you get the point. I have found that hearing what one wants to is only a temporary remedy, and the ailment does not thereby abate; that is, it is a perpetual struggle, and, though the 'truth' may be revealed, the struggle will not thereby be ended. That which drives us towards the "origins and roots" of things is something innate within ourselves, essential to our beings. Perhaps it is due to our upbringing, but we are stuck with this.
But struggling with the darkness, with oneself, can be truly beautiful. You'll find this agonizing beauty I think.
ensoph.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 04:52:21

Yeah well I had some kind of depression 2 years ago, I had the feeling that I was always doing everything wrong and I was always saying stupid things and stuff like that. And last year me and some others had some trouble with a guy from school. I was really thinking "I can't handle this" but after he went to another class, my depression was completely gone and I felt a lot stronger. I think you should just wait until it passes by or you could look for a hobby or something?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 05:11:26

Look up a pill called celexia and welbutrin. In a combo I hear they work good.

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 05:21:07

At 3/26/05 02:54 AM, OMEN88 wrote: hey theres a really great topic about all of makind right next door. apparently the guy who started it knows a whole lot. go talk to him.

Huh? Make that make sense and I'll get back to you.

BBS Signature

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 05:28:47

theres too much cool stuff to get depressed!

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 07:46:58

At 3/26/05 02:51 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: I know the age of newground members varies greatly. I need someone who was depressed while they were teenagers, but are now past that and into their twenties or older to tell me something.

Does it ever get better? Does it become a matter of living with this shitty frame of mind? Or does that frame of mind change?
It'd be really great to get some incite from someone who got out of depression.

Well you never really get out of depression, you just learn to deal with it better. Its a case of trying to make yourslef happy, instead of dwelling on the negative.

This is kinda bad the way i got over most of my depression but I will tell ya how it went.

I was 18 and homeless, staying at a differant friends house everynight, had no money or anything. And my friends insisted on taking me out clubbing... they even bought me a couple of E's.. well I came up and I had a sort of epiphany. It went along the lines of

Hang on a minute... why do i hate myself and my life this much? I have some great friends, who have payed for me to go out with them, payed for these drugs that are making me love myself, etc etc.. and it went off on a really long one and sorted alot of shit out in my head. Its just a case of accepting your flaws, improving on them, and looking at the positives.

I still do get it, but its a case of trying to find somethign else to occupy your time, or focusing it into something positive. Just stop dwelling on the negative. Its hard to do i know, i'm not gonan get into how messed up I was... all I know is that I used to deal with my problems through alcohol.. which was wrong.. then i smoked over an oz a week, which was also wrong.. i even went through a phase of taking way too much E.. which was very wrong.. thats something that should be kept for occasional use... all I can say is I am glad that I am pretty much better now, The only drug i touch is cannibis (i dont even drink) and i am moving on with my life. I still have the insecurities and things, but like I said.. its just a case of dealing with it.

If you have anything more specific you want to ask then feel free to go for it. can email me or whatever, i know how hard it can be and sometimes its nice to have some one to winge at.

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.

Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.

Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 07:48:46

I am not in anyway depressed...

One of my friends however is, and i see no real reason for it. He has gone all emo on me and my friends and its really starting to piss us off.

He got really interested in a girl who practically refused to speak to him and started cutting himself when we told him fuck all was going to happen with it.

Sigh.

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to After depression... 2005-03-26 07:50:19

I used to be depressed pretty badly, but I got some tablets for it, I think they're called Saint John's Wort.