Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:29 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:26 PM, wizardmaster wrote: ........i also think NewGrounds is becoming a media whore with them posting flashes on the front page just because of the news
So if Newgrounds.com is part of a big news story, front page of the NY Times, AP, etc, we can't share that with our visitors? We're supposed to pretend we're not making headlines?

But golly Wade, I thought that NG was a business, and as such they didn't WANT offensive things like this put on any part of the site, let alone the front page!

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:47 PM, Nivim wrote:
At 3/24/05 07:46 PM, skunkpunkrunner wrote: This whole situation upsets me, But it's good NG is getting more traffic. It seems this is the only site that makes the news.
how can you think possitive 10 people just died!

This is very far from that post but I really gotta say this... Do you have ANY idea how many people die every hour? Of PREVENTABLE causes? I'm not talking accidents or murders or people dying in africa, I mean everywhere. Is it only a tragedy because they are american? IS that the reason?

phonebooth
phonebooth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:53 PM Reply

he will pay in purgantium

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:52 PM, skunkpunkrunner wrote:
At 3/24/05 07:47 PM, Nivim wrote:
At 3/24/05 07:46 PM, skunkpunkrunner wrote: This whole situation upsets me, But it's good NG is getting more traffic. It seems this is the only site that makes the news.
how can you think possitive 10 people just died!
Sorry forgot to take that into account, I really didn't mean for that to seem positive. Sorry.

And this is even worse. Its really funny to me that he "forgot" to take into account the people that were shot... the whole story is ABOUT the shooting... SOO out of touch with reality, everyone is, me included, but I least I notice it. God fucking dammit.

Sketch of Skunks thoughts.

Jeff Weise kills nine people in a rampage ending with his own life, at his school.
He submitted animations to newgrounds.
...*(thinking process)
So why is this a bad thing? Newgrounds gets more traffic doesnt it?

wtf!? Does this only seem weird to me?

gman11
gman11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:56 PM Reply

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0324051weise1.html

freinds plz look at this and have a glimpse into jeffs mind

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:56 PM, CaedoDeum wrote: Jeff Weise kills nine people in a rampage ending with his own life, at his school.
...*(thinking process)

It's obscene content, which has no place on NG.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 24th, 2005 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:57 PM, Chrome- wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:53 PM, CaedoDeum wrote: Is it only a tragedy because they are american? IS that the reason?
Didn't you know that one american is like 50,000 people?

o

One American equal approximately 1.47 canadians also :)

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
Zeekyboogydoog
Zeekyboogydoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:57 PM, Elfer wrote: It's obscene content, which has no place on NG.

And yet it still makes up about 43% of Newground's flash portal.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:07 AM Reply

i get a horrible vibe from
this...it also makes you think
twice about the creation of
flash cartoons today. at first
glance, it appears to be a
pointless and violent short
with not too shabby fbf
animation, but after realizing
who has made it, it makes you
ponder whether or not this was
his way of expression what he
was going to do. as artists, we
express your thought an ideas
through our creations, so it makes
sense as to why this is being shown
public record. maybe if people that
knew him that had suspicions and
saw this...could of probably prevent
the school shooting; however, it
seems unlikely that would of been
and already too late.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:01 AM, Zeekyboogydoog wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:57 PM, Elfer wrote: It's obscene content, which has no place on NG.

Ah, Newgrounds, how fickle thou art.

If you were paying attention to the BBS for any length of time, you'd realize that they've banned content from both the BBS and the portal purely because it was offensive to people, without actually breaking rules at the time.

UsagiSennin
UsagiSennin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:10 AM Reply

What's creapy is his profile. I don't mean the music, but his first two favorite movies. I saw them both last summer while I was researching school shooters. They're both pretty life-like fictional stories about school shootings. Watching them made you really feel like part of things (I didn't even know who the shooters were in Elephant until they actually got guns).

However, both movies involve 2 gunmen (Columbine inspiration on that one). Both also involve the shooters getting killed (Zero Day killers shot themselves while Elephant leaves one shooter alive with the assumption that he'll kill himself out of "common sense") I suppose it doesn't take 2 to tango in this sort of situation...

Anyway, just me rambling. I seriously doubt the movies were to blame (afterall, we're drawn to movies based on the content we want to see).

Peace
-UsagiSennin

DrMoxley
DrMoxley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:26 PM, wizardmaster wrote: ........i also think NewGrounds is becoming a media whore with them posting flashes on the front page just because of the news
So if Newgrounds.com is part of a big news story, front page of the NY Times, AP, etc, we can't share that with our visitors? We're supposed to pretend we're not making headlines?

I lvoe teh fact that NG is whoring itself a little bit,its the american way. Bu tI think the flash itself is dogshit,much like the author. I wouldn't be PROUD of this ghey ass lvl 2 fag,who probably got flamed in our forums, made a lil emo movie,adn the cried while he pulled the trigger on some freaks in his school. And then the lil queerbie shot himself,hes a damn loser,adn I wouldnt whor ethis subject to teh point of front page.

UsagiSennin
UsagiSennin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:12 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:11 PM, ConAir wrote: I dont know if anyone has noted this yet, but in his profile it says one of his favorite movies is "Elephant". This really caught my eye because it came out 1 or 2 years ago and is based on the story of Columbine. Its a movie about the killer's lives and decisions, just thought i might point that out if it hasnt already and make the connection here, is anyone else seeing it?

Yeah, I had just noticed that about an hour after your post (Sorry, I didn't get down to reading your stuff before I noticed that)

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:14 AM Reply

Actually, whoring was not the sole reason for this.

Another major, if not primary reason, was something like this:

Servers normally: "Doo dee dum dum doo..".
Servers with load of many, many searches due to major media attention to a particular movie: "HGRHGFRGHFRHGFHGRHGFHRGFHRFGRFHGFRG"

sporkman-165
sporkman-165
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:15 AM Reply

you can't judge a person's mental state by watching a flash animation, if so David Firth should be shot right now because for god sakes salad fingers scares the shit out of me, i don't see why the media is putting any kind of attention into his flash animations, but regardless people always look for a way to put blame onto someone , or something. it wasn't a warning, just something that he did after having a crappy day, or was just bored.

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:22 AM Reply

OMFG!!!

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet but I looked threw the early reveiws of the flash and fou this:

Reveier::\ October 2, 2004
Reviewed by: FoxyJ9

Overall Score: 5
Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Graphics: 8 Sound: 8 Interactivity: 0 Style: 0 Violence: 10 Humor: 0

Response:
Regret's response:
Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

How fuckin's creepy is that?

Knifin-around
Knifin-around
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:24 AM Reply

It's been posted.

KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:07 AM, -Mj wrote: i get a horrible vibe from
this...it also makes you think
twice about the creation of
flash cartoons today. at first
glance, it appears to be a
pointless and violent short
with not too shabby fbf
animation, but after realizing
who has made it, it makes you
ponder whether or not this was
his way of expression what he
was going to do. as artists, we
express your thought an ideas
through our creations, so it makes
sense as to why this is being shown
public record. maybe if people that
knew him that had suspicions and
saw this...could of probably prevent
the school shooting; however, it
seems unlikely that would of been
and already too late.

Shut the hell up, you over thinking poetic bastard catholic. What's with the spacing? And, besides, only 2 kids out of the thousands of contributors to NG did something they depicted in their flash. Does this mean everyone's like that?

I suck.

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:34 AM Reply

I am actually very happy that this happened. I've never been a fan of violent flash cartoons. Mabye now people will be more cautiouse when entering violent flash. And mabye people won't give such good ratings for things like, the milkman.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with some violence. But sensless violence is just stupid and It does not belong in flash.

Knifin-around
Knifin-around
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:36 AM Reply

Maybe we can censor the world eh?

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:37 AM Reply

ya really. I can't believe how winy some of the NG users are here. WTF is wrong with us getting attention? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! If you had a chance to make your site more popular wouldn't you do it?

cowofdoom78963
cowofdoom78963
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:38 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:22 AM, Meoman wrote: Response:
Regret's response:
Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

wow no one who made a normal random vilont flash would say that...
and that guy in target pracktice had a bag of wepons any one notice that?

i am nothing

Andrew33
Andrew33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:49 AM Reply

Wow. That's terrible.

I'm glad that Wade put this up, I never knew Jeff made this flash before he went on a rampage.

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:36 AM, Knifin_around wrote: Maybe we can censor the world:

It's not like everyone will sometime in their life witness a killing spree or commit one. And a lot of people on NG think it's cool. It's just wrong. In case you read to fast, i'm talking about how a lot of flash recently for the past couple years has had stuff wwwwaaaaaayyyyy worse than "target practice." And it's gotton to the point where it's not just a little cartoon with some blood. It's horrible things like raping and manslaughter. And epople actually find it funny. it's just sick and I hope that all the people who thinks it's funny have that same thing happen to them.

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:57 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:56 PM, CaedoDeum wrote: Jeff Weise kills nine people in a rampage ending with his own life, at his school.
...*(thinking process)

It's obscene content, which has no place on NG.

I dont mean to be insensitive or assholistic but shut the fuck up... holy shit... Newgrounds LIVES to push the boundaries of the obscene... There is nothing, legal, that is too obscene for newgrounds. No place on NG... wtf... This IS newgrounds... I'm really totally amazed that someone could say that. Totally fucking amazed...

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 11:58 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:57 PM, Chrome- wrote:
At 3/24/05 11:53 PM, CaedoDeum wrote: Is it only a tragedy because they are american? IS that the reason?
Didn't you know that one american is like 50,000 people?

o
One American equal approximately 1.47 canadians also :)

Thanks... this clears it up a little. The answer is yes. And it was so obvious... I didnt need to ask. Think about it... some guy goes rambo on his school in uzbekiwhogivesafuckistan and we will never know about, ten americans and BANG, What is wrong with us? Holy fucking shit, am I the only one who realizes how fucked up we all are?

chipotlee
chipotlee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:57 AM Reply

so this is the guy that just went on a school shooting, thats scary dude. Im doing my project on school violence too ! man it seems kinda wierd how its gonna reflect on newgrounds. cause it wasent ur guys fault :( hope nothing happens to newgrounds.

CaedoDeum
CaedoDeum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:07 AM, Elfer wrote:
At 3/25/05 12:01 AM, Zeekyboogydoog wrote:
Ah, Newgrounds, how fickle thou art.

If you were paying attention to the BBS for any length of time, you'd realize that they've banned content from both the BBS and the portal purely because it was offensive to people, without actually breaking rules at the time.

I distinctly remember front pageness to Tsunami Loot up, among other touchy subjects that ENRAGED the fuck out of some people. Personally I'm gonna be honest, I don't give a fuck on a stick about the people he killed, I care about our reaction, which is truly more important? Our reaction of course, what is ten lives we will never know and see? Cynical, maybe. Right, definitely.
Give examples of banned flash.
Right now. Go. Get typing,

BlazeDragon132
BlazeDragon132
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:07 AM Reply

seems like ng is getting media attention alot. I hope it doesn'r turn ng into a joke by internet users. The killer was crazy way before ng bc he was a hilter worshipping demon lover. Of course, bringing people to newgrounds is helping its popularity bc it is the only website said in recent events. So it works with both sides of the coin

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:24 AM, KupaMan wrote:
At 3/25/05 12:07 AM, -Mj wrote:
Shut the hell up, you over thinking poetic bastard catholic. What's with the spacing? And, besides, only 2 kids out of the thousands of contributors to NG did something they depicted in their flash. Does this mean everyone's like that?

calm down...
i was just saying it was surprising to see that...and, i do realize that doesnt mean everyone that does animations like that will do something so horrible. your jumping to assumptions on my comment and why do you think im catholic?...regardlessly im not religious and how do you like the spacing now, mayor pendaco :P