Be a Supporter!

Jeff Weise's Flash

  • 46,876 Views
  • 664 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Nicholmikey
Nicholmikey
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:13:31 Reply

That flash is sick and not in the spirit of newgrounds. I saw it and it makes me sick thinking about how he actaully did those things. what about the kids that got shot, how will their family feel when they watch that animation. NewGrounds will profit from having it here if that is the intention or not, and thats really fucking sick. just delete it. and hope that people pay more attention to their kids.

Knifin-around
Knifin-around
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:15:53 Reply

It's sick because he did it. But if he didn't would it be cool or funny?

DrDeath2k3
DrDeath2k3
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:17:27 Reply

Lol, so I just have to shoot up a school or kill myself inorder to make front page?
Or is it as long as I make the news?

...
The flash actual wasn't that bad. Hmmm, he probably could of made some pretty cool flashes. Sadly, a LIVECORPSE flash wasn't on the front page when he died, but some random kid that makes the news bigger than Livecorpse did, gets it? WTF!?

...Well, as long as newgrounds keeps producing psychos, its OK! =)

Soup-kitchen
Soup-kitchen
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:18:18 Reply

yeah...something was off...maybe he was picked on alot...the school is only a few hours away from my house....been up there a few times

Audio-Don
Audio-Don
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:18:43 Reply

The story is comming up on MSNBC kids get the popcorn!

Nivim
Nivim
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:20:47 Reply

Look the reason he killed himself is because he was highly depressed and he also knew the murders where premeditated so he wouldnt even have a chance at being tryed as a child.

DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:22:53 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:18 PM, Audio_Don wrote: The story is comming up on MSNBC kids get the popcorn!

What? Its 8:22 At Night.


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
UltimateIceCreamCone
UltimateIceCreamCone
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:31:14 Reply

It's odd how just earlier today his score was at 2.87...now it's at 2.58

Are people giving his submissions zeros just because he is a murderer?

Venture
Venture
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:32:32 Reply

A lot of people submit violent movies to Newgrounds, but there was also the fact that Elephant and Zero Day were his number one favourite movies (both are based on the Columbine shootings). The Red Lake shootings could have been prevented, but only if someone reported Jeff to the police, but I don't think many people would make a police report because they saw some weird stuff on his profile and what not.

Knifin-around
Knifin-around
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:32:28 Reply

I wouldn't doubt it.

Steve84
Steve84
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:33:12 Reply

It's a very horrible that this happened to everyone who was hurt my prayers are with the ones hurt in this horrible shooting

CPenguin
CPenguin
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:36:39 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:31 PM, UltimateIceCreamCone wrote: It's odd how just earlier today his score was at 2.87...now it's at 2.58

Are people giving his submissions zeros just because he is a murderer?

Apparently the concept of voting on a flash based on the quality of the work itself has gone out of style....oh wait.

A bit of eerie forshadowing from a review from his other movie, Clown. From a November review:

nixus6 wrote:
:Overall Score: 4
:I don't know who you are or why you made this flash but you should seek help.

We can all laugh it off and say that "just because a flash was a bit disturbing doesn't mean that the original artist should be locked up", and in many ways, that's a truthful sentiment. However, many times, flashes like these are often pleas for help from troubled individuals who - for one reason or another - can find no other outlet of socially acceptable/tolerated
expression.


Commissioner Penguin
5 Year Club

BBS Signature
Neonical
Neonical
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:37:46 Reply

The stupidity and naivity of some of the people here is sickening.

Hundreds of people die every day. We concentrate on some small killing when thousands are being killed by natural disasters, terrorism, and racial/religious prejudice around the world?

We're worrying about ten people who died, but nobody cares for Jeff himself? Personally, I think we should worry about 11 people.

His movies deserve to stay on Newgrounds.

EyesOnlyUS
EyesOnlyUS
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:39:07 Reply

Iam I right or am I right?

This guy had set himself up to be an attention whore. And the media is eating it up.


BBS Signature
Audio-Don
Audio-Don
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:39:41 Reply

It's ok guys MSNBC didn't mention NG but another forum website
it's all good here

Steve84
Steve84
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:41:57 Reply

Wade don't take me wrong but I think it's kinda sick your using this just for more site traffic for the servers

Moloko
Moloko
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:45:18 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:09 PM, Trono wrote: Bleh, I just voted zero on the damn thing. I just hope it gets blammed so we can just forget about this mess.

Yeah let it be deleted forever so we can deny that this tragic event ever happened! OMG your a tool.

Besides, it'll never be blammed. Its pasted judgement.

Zephyrlot
Zephyrlot
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:46:47 Reply

I pulled an Elfer!


Drama is my anti-drug.

EyesOnlyUS
EyesOnlyUS
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:47:52 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:39 PM, Audio_Don wrote: It's ok guys MSNBC didn't mention NG but another forum website
it's all good here

Yeah, but where else online can you think of someone posting a movie that that?

You won't find it on Albino Black Sheep.

Weise had set us up.
Everyone who wears black and everyone who is into Goth culture will now be a target, not by people who fear school shooters, but people who are afraid of "the quiet kids".

We have been singled out again.


BBS Signature
AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:50:03 Reply

The creepiest thing about that submission is that it looks just like some random, average, decent flash on Newgrounds.

Tequila
Tequila
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:50:54 Reply

You have to take things into context. The guy's dad killed himself, the mom was paralyzed, and all he had were his grandparents. I'm not saying that justifies his actions, but he had a shitty life, and it sounds like his peers and teachers ignored him, when he obviously needed help. Today's kids are being forced to survive an educational system that has more to do with achieving statistical results than it has to do with achieving qualitative results. What that does is turn kids into numbers, not individuals. So instead of recognizing and accepting differences, kids are taught to shun them, because they're considered weaknesses, not strengths. That probably explains why he turned to Hitler, because Weis was hoping to use some sort of eugenic argument against his mixed blood, which he felt made him less of a person next to his peers. He was trying to re-define his Chippewa heritage as something to be proud of, not to be scorned. It's just a tragic irony that he wound up embracing the ideology which was responsible for wiping out most of his people hundreds of years ago.

Also, I have to add that today's therapists really don't know a fucking thing about their patient's needs, and are just ripping off their insurance to get them drugged out on prozac. That way, when the medication causes them to go even more ballistic than they were before, they can blame it on a "chemical imbalance", instead of the medicine. Hell, therapists should be addressed by their real professions: career enablers. So it's no wonder the FCC's only gone after that shit during the last few years, as there's been a wall of silence on the part of the prescribers. But hey, if they go psycho, blame flash, not their easy access to legal drugs and guns. Seriously, I know his granddad was an ex-cop, but why the fuck does he need that much firepower?

CPenguin
CPenguin
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:51:37 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:09 PM, Trono wrote: I just hope it gets blammed so we can just forget about this mess.

Small problem there: The two submissions have been out of the "Under Judgment" phase for six months now. The only way they could be removed at this point is by Newgrounds staff, and as I think has become apparent by even the mere existence of this thread, that ain't happenin'.

Personally, I think the two flashes should definitely be left up. Any publicly accessible work created by someone who would later go on to any sort of notoriety, good or - in this case - bad, should be preserved for all to see.


Commissioner Penguin
5 Year Club

BBS Signature
bazzam
bazzam
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:55:02 Reply

Please save me from the flames

If the shootings where not random then the people got what they deserve. If it was random no one has the right to blame Jeff.

People should be blaming the Kids that picked on him and his abusive mother. they are the people responsible for this.

I fully understand what he went threw and im glad im out of the hell called school. I even had my own school shooting fantasies.

I wish i knew him maybe we could have been friends.

If i offended someone sorry about it.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:56:12 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:41 PM, stevezarebski wrote: Wade don't take me wrong but I think it's kinda sick your using this just for more site traffic for the servers

Didn't you read my post? If we keep it hidden, people will search and search for it, which puts a lot of load on our database. By putting it on the front page people won't have to run so many searches. We're all over the news, people are coming to NG to look for the Flash, so we're trying to make it as easy on our servers as possible.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:56:58 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:41 PM, stevezarebski wrote: Wade don't take me wrong but I think it's kinda sick your using this just for more site traffic for the servers

It's not just that, it's to relieve the strain on the search databases. Do you LIKE server strain, and errors everywhere?

ndmediaNG
ndmediaNG
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 20:57:43 Reply

At 3/24/05 08:39 PM, EyesOnlyUS wrote:
This guy had set himself up to be an attention whore. And the media is eating it up.

I agree, in the majority of reviews people are saying that Jeff Weise was 'sick with reality', 'out of touch with reality', or had 'mad rage'. This COULD be the case, but a number of things show otherwise.

If you look at the comments he leaves for his two movies, they are fairly well typed. His spelling and grammar are good and he doesn't seem excited about any future acts or imply that he has any 'rage'. In addition to this, if you read the replies to EARLY reviews of his movies you will see more of his calm attitude. (The entry on the main page and his other movie were submitted a few months ago, for all of you who haven't realized that already).

One particular remark to his movie "Clowns" was quite interesting
This is your flash: "Once upon a time, the end".
To which Jeff repied:
Yes indeed.
Much like most of our lives.

From the way I see it, his view was that the average person's life was insignificant. Can you disagree? The vast majority of us will live and die, committing no great deeds for people to speak of. That's probably why he did it, he wanted his name to appear on the news, wanted to have all of us discussing about him. When he committed suicide he knew for a certainty that his life would be the subject of more speculation than he could ever hope for if he lived his life out regularly.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 21:00:14 Reply

At 3/24/05 07:34 PM, NanoBeer wrote:
I say we blam the submittion,

Um, you can't blam it. It's past judgement.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Dogmega
Dogmega
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 21:00:27 Reply

What about this review??

first submission... first good score October 2, 2004

Reviewed by: Jack_Mace Overall Score: 8

very nice dude
first time you say....WOW... keep it up and you mite and up on the front page one day

keep up the good work

Graphics: 7 Sound: 8 Interactivity: 0 Style: 6 Violence: 9 Humor: 1

Regret's response:

Thanks man, and I plan on animating alot more.

2/2 people found this review helpful. Did you?


I DON'T WANNA SOUND GAY OR NUTHIN', BUT THAT SHIT IS HOT!!

BBS Signature
Welling
Welling
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 21:01:48 Reply

It is amazing how some of this turns out.

SeizureDog
SeizureDog
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 21:03:32 Reply

I actually seem to recall hearing about this on the radio.

It seems that Newgrounds is to be the center of negitive attention again. Yay for us :D

Any press is good press after all.