00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Under Judgment Voting

24,490 Views | 238 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 10:59:49

This timer idea is a great idea to stop those people that vote too early.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 11:23:35

Wade,

If it's possible, I'd make it so that the vote bar doesn't come up until the flash is over. Again, if that's possible. I don't know much about programming websites, but I don't think you could set it to know when the actual flash is over.

But yeah.. for timing, I think a 5 MB flash should take atleast 1 minute for the voting thing. If not, than more...

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 18:45:25

good point except ppl dont care about watching the video they just dont want to look like a noob but what pisses me off is wen ppl just write i want experience as a review honestly stfu reviews arent experience in my eyes the experience is virtual nothing this site is for entertainment

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 19:00:13

its a good idea, but here is the flaw

this morning I was was watchign a movie under judgement and it had a files size of 5 MB

and it was just a repating movie clip with a large file size, so i didnt even bother to vote

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 20:00:47

the timer needs to be set a LOT longer...

currently u can vote before a movie has fully loaded...

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 20:19:12

Hmm, I was wondering. Already many 56k users are worried about not being able to receive blam or protection points because by the time they vote on a movie after watching it, the submission would already blammed to death. I wonder if there is a way for a system to detect a user's browser, like it will know that a user is currently watching a movie, so that when the user goes to vote, it will actually get recorded even if the flash is technically blammed from the portal, or something. Perhaps maybe incorporate the voting bar in the window where flashes are usually displayed in.

Also I agree with the person about putting up a notice about the under judgement time delay so they won't freak out or anything.

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 00:15:58

i think that the under judgement voting bar is a pretty smart move

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 04:14:17

Its a great idea, one problem though. If it's a sh!tty movie thats like 6mb, and you have to wait for it to load and the music that's playing is horrid or flashes of racist or disgusting images.

But it's still pretty cool.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 18:59:56

I don't like the idea, much at all, sorry. If a newb just decides to submit a 5 mb. flash movie that is terrible with uncompressed music, and loud annoying sounds, and flashing seizure driving graphics, i don't see why we can't exit out of the repeating mess that might go on for five minutes straight, and vote zero. Personally, I don't think there are that many people that vote on entries based on the author. And if so, the authors shouldn't submit crap and make their name have an infamous and bad reputation.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 20:06:25

Its a kool idea

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 22:16:22

lock this thread

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 22:57:16

that is a really good idea.. i recently posted my first try at flash here and i put alot of effort into it and it was still blammed within minutes of me posting it... not only that but i got hostile reviews.. i realize that it was horrible but for the time i put into it i expected someone to at least respond with advice or watch to the end before claiming their blam point

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-27 23:28:36

I think u should remove the turd of the week because people post ton of bad flash that they know will be deleted or get really low score just to get the turd of the week

anyways that a idea I think should resolve a bit of crappy flash and maybe also put a min size of like 100k for a flash

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-28 01:58:53

I have an Request, could you please make it possible, to still send your reviews, even if the submission got blammed? No Review Thing, for the blammed, but if you have still one open, it would be really helpful. I were reviewing 2 Under Submission Flashes, and the second one (Wich i had some improvement ideas for) got blammed before i could post a review again. So please shorten the time, or make the named thing possible =(

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-28 03:57:11

At 3/25/05 07:09 PM, totoum wrote: i agree i'm on 2 mega and i can barely see the difference

im talking about 4-5MB flashes you IDIOT!

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-28 16:51:23

this is just going to encourage people to make their game/movie 5mb just so that people have to play/watch it....

i know that i would just add a 5mb song into a game... and hardly even use it just so i got more of an opinion of my game and not the fact that i am a new auther...

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-29 02:20:56

I don't know how this works with other browsers, but I use firefox and the bar never seems to appear at all, even when the submission is fully loaded - I even waited for 5 mins after it was loaded. Please fix this as I enjoy helping newcoming authors with good advice, and this is really annoying.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-29 07:54:08

At 3/29/05 02:20 AM, MicrosoftSam wrote: I don't know how this works with other browsers, but I use firefox and the bar never seems to appear at all, even when the submission is fully loaded

It works fine for me with Firefox, so the problem's at your end.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-29 17:40:10

At 3/23/05 03:37 PM, Tremour wrote: It's always nice to see you combat the scourage that is unfair voting. Go you, Cruasader Wade.

No, seriously though, more could be done. For one, you could hide the fact that the author has made any other flash. Some people just look down and go "Oh, this guy has gotten [x] flashes past judgement, he must be good, I guess I'll vote high" and vice-versa for people with a grand total of, wait for it, 0 submissions. Another thing you could do is disable access to the author's profile during judgement, as it contains the battling average (or lack of) of the author. Hell, if you wanted to go the whole hog, you could remove all details completely, including the authors name. Only the movie and voting panel would be displayed, meaning there would be no prejudice, what so ever. Well, apart from the preloader.

I totaly agree with whats hes saying, i mena i guess im nto to good at animating but ti took me like 3 weks to make a flash that i put alot of effort into and it was blammed, not to mension the other ones i mad ebe 4 it that got blammed. And the other day i was jsut surfign through newgrounds and i fidn a flash thats is a picture of a jar of mayo and some kids song behind it that got a 4/5 i think... and krinkles can makea flash wher ethe letter OMG flys in and out and a clown hits jesus with his dick, and that stay simply because hes popular on NG's. I mena i luv newgrounds and all but the only way u can seem to get anything to last here is if u A) already submited a black buster lfash or B) are a profesional animated and just have a natural talent for it that puts u over the crowd. and i dotn have any supper great talents that i was born with but i put alot of effort into my work, but it dotn matter cuz my char is new so there for i am basically an automatic blam point

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-29 22:36:17

great idea and if they have like an evil ora we make the flash lock up on the top of the screen and disable ctrl+alt+del and Alt+tab, the windows icon and the Alt+f4 command makeing it impossible for them to not watch!! lol no but seriously thats a great idea. hope you get it in soon. =)

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-31 12:37:10

mods lock this thread

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-31 18:19:14

i like waffles weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Under Judgment Voting

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-31 21:13:54

MAAHAA

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-04-01 05:26:14

At 3/31/05 12:37 PM, diablo545 wrote: mods lock this thread

[color=white]man, you truly are a faggot[/color]

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-04-08 22:37:03

Great Idea! I'm pretty sure a lot of good entries are gonna get saved now.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-04-15 00:55:04

Not a bad idea, but what if your just voting for a favorite? Now you have to wait anyway?

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-04-20 15:18:09

At 3/23/05 03:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We still have problems with people not watching new content and voting based on who the author is, or other factors. Now that people have to wait for the vote bar to appear we are hoping they will watch more of the entry before casting their vote.

This was a VERY good desition!

In my topic (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=252094) you can clearly see a different.

Many people started to vote more fair after this new system. =)

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-05-02 17:49:12

blow me bitch

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2006-06-30 15:48:05

Well, there are some submissions that are on a loop, that even when they load, the voting bar never appears.

Eg. "Nerds at the Beach"

Veteran of the MapleStory Crew

BBS Signature