00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Under Judgment Voting

24,742 Views | 238 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 17:39:29

At 3/23/05 03:46 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, if we hide to much information it makes it impossible for people to figure out if the entry is stolen or not. Hopefully now that people are forced to wait, they won't bother looking at the profile and will just spend the time watching the entry and basing their decision on that.

You know, I think the idea of hiding everything is very appealing, at least in the first stages of judgement. Maybe after it is clear that an entry is doing well it could come another stage whereas it would be possible to blow the whistle if it was stolen.
I think that it´s quite the contrary, people might go fussing the author´s profile while the submission plays on the background and they wait for the voting pannel to show up. Anyway it´s nice to see the staff is thinking about that kind of stuff.
Also, it´s really weird when you submit something, because at the beginning everyone seems to vote 0 or 5, maybe we should think of something to counter that too.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 18:24:40

I think it's a good idea

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 18:50:45

I like it!
but for some reason i see the vote bar all the time.

For the last time, i don't know how to rip a CD!!

BBS Signature

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 18:59:45

Would there be a way to make the movie window signal the voting panel when the movie is over? This way it won't show up until the movie is actually open.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 19:15:16

I don't like it. What if the video was like 5MB but very bad and I don't want to watch the rest of it, I still have to wait about 15 seconds. I think it should be shortened for longer flash videos.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 19:23:30

I think it's a great idea. I'm sick of seeing Flash get voted on unfairly. Not only is it unfair to the author, it's costing me points!

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 19:42:37

i think it is an extremely good idea because hopefully the bigger file sizes will be of better quality making people wait longer and possibly even make them watch it but its not also fail safe it depends on how fast of a connection someone has like a 5MB movie 50 secs will pass b/4 the thing is like 50% done for a 56k person

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 20:58:01

no the 5mb for 50 seconds is long enough, and it sucks espically when it's crap. I say lower it to 30 seconds or 20.

BBS Signature

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 21:14:46

dam....wade and tom are genious ;-) lol but whatever....good idea though, should be good for animator!

You think you've seen the Internet? My previous Newgrounds banner was my Myspace page.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 21:35:04

Good idea...but hell, mine is still under review.... But I have noticed that I do infact have to actually watch the movie and not just blam, just becuse I dont like the author.. :-D

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 21:56:16

I think the new system is a decent idea, except a few problems exist.
Sometimes it is obvious a movie should be blammed without watching the whole thing. Some examples include truly horrid stick skate or tweening movies.
Worse yet, some movies last 10 seconds but have 2 minutes of music brining it to 5 mb.
Worse yet, some are really incredibly annoying flashes that one cannot bear to sit through for 50 seconds.
I hope these things are taken into mind.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-24 22:31:55

Sitting through the latest numa dance that was terrible was incredibly painful to wait for the 40 secs to blam. The bigger files should have a shorter wait time. I had to listen to at least half of the terrible masked face and song.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 00:48:18

has anyone actually suggested that the vote panel not even appear until the flash is completely viewed? how about having the panel appear in the flash window, at the end of the flash? im sure liljim prolly thought of this, but its not possible, somehow.

i know at the bottom of every flash window is an ad, why not have something auto added to the flash file that when it loads, it tells the vote panel to only appear after it been fully viewed?

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 00:54:12

At 3/24/05 06:59 PM, jacobsd wrote: Would there be a way to make the movie window signal the voting panel when the movie is over? This way it won't show up until the movie is actually open.

shit.... sorry, didnt see your post.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 01:40:41

I think it's a really good idea. I don't think any authors would object. And it is fair.
I have seen many votes and comments which are just plain stupid.
So if i were an author i would like to have my movie rated fairly.
The only people who are going to complain are the ones responsible forthis behaviour.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 01:58:38

At 3/23/05 03:37 PM, Tremour wrote: It's always nice to see you combat the scourage that is unfair voting. Go you, Cruasader Wade.

No, seriously though, more could be done. For one, you could hide the fact that the author has made any other flash. Some people just look down and go "Oh, this guy has gotten [x] flashes past judgement, he must be good, I guess I'll vote high" and vice-versa for people with a grand total of, wait for it, 0 submissions. Another thing you could do is disable access to the author's profile during judgement, as it contains the battling average (or lack of) of the author. Hell, if you wanted to go the whole hog, you could remove all details completely, including the authors name. Only the movie and voting panel would be displayed, meaning there would be no prejudice, what so ever. Well, apart from the preloader.

I agree, in fact I posted that idea 11 days ago /www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=242567
too many entries are either blammed or saved just on authors track record
to that effect i absolutely love the delay and think a minimum delay of 15 to 30 seconds would even be better!

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 02:07:41

i notcied that also

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 02:40:46

At 3/23/05 03:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: a whole lot o letters

It's kinda irritating, because a few days ago I saw an entry with 4 MB but with only 30 seconds of movie (crappy) and the size was completely sounds that weren't even used.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 04:45:01

This is a good idea. I hate it when people vote based on the first few seconds, or the comments, or the author etc etc. Good job on making the portal a safer and fairer place for everyone :-P.
I suppose, if worse comes to worse, and we blam a movie that is actually really good, you mods can always bring it back right? And also vice-versa. Just thinking...

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 05:09:22

I can understand you HAVE to watch the entire flash, but what if it's a 10 second movie with a 4MB soundfile playing...? I've seen this yesterday and it's not very nice to watch for at least 30 seconds before I could vote. :S
Ofcourse this system prevents people from blamming a movie just because it has a crappy preloader etc., but now people can abuse this system by uploading small animations with a very very big audio file behind it.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 08:34:19

Click da link in my BBS signature, LOLZ. The delay is better, because it FORCES you to watch it.

ffs. that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 08:36:40

Good move alot of people just vote 0 to get there blam points without even watching the movie

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 09:13:35

I have to admit, I usually vote about 30 seconds into the flash. You can tell if it's shit or not, though.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 09:13:49

ive just realised that most of the large size flashes or games have a preloader of their own so the count down timer wont be quite effective cuz when the rating bar pops out,
we can still only see the % no. ticking. what im trying to say is viewers can still vote before they actually see the movie, and this method is not effective as it seems

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 12:40:25

finally!!! someone did this, i was thinking the same thing, but at the end of the movie there is a password you gotta enter into the thing to make the bar come up, same with review thing.

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 14:05:21

I haven't read anything in the thread but Wade's post, so don't blame me for saying stuffs that have already been posted.

I just want to say I approve this new system, as it really forces the user to take time to vote. Of course it doesn't force him to actually watch the movie, but I don't think he'll be stupid enough to close the movie's window and wait for the bar to appear while he could watch the movie.

If you disagree with this system, it probably means you don't really care about the movies, but about your blam/save rank ...

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 16:54:32

yea but it loads fast and sometimes its not appeared yet when its fully loaded

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-25 19:09:10

At 3/25/05 11:08 AM, Dizfunktion wrote:
At 3/25/05 09:13 AM, thefinalcooljudge wrote: what im trying to say is viewers can still vote before they actually see the movie, and this method is not effective as it seems
This will only happen for 56kers!

i agree i'm on 2 mega and i can barely see the difference

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 02:28:01

At 3/23/05 05:32 PM, Sir_Snark wrote: Im a sucke, blah blah blah... had an idea, but I am not quite sure you can even...:
That the timer would start after the movie is loaded? Like say there is blah blah blah... that they hate, even though the movie might be good. I´m a fucking bastard Stupid and retard as Well... They could possibly vote 0 on it before the movie is loaded, especially with slow connections, even with a 50 second wait. So if it could be done, this... blah, blah blah...

Hey Genious boy, I belive Ther isn´t a way to do it since No Way To know when its Fully uploaded To user Computer.
Your Ideias sucks As you, sorry but Thats The Truth...
NOTE - Quote Above were edited by Me because it´s sucked as The proper Author...!

Response to Under Judgment Voting 2005-03-26 02:38:59

Anyway, All this discussion about praticaly nothing is getting irrelevant...
I would like to observe that Wade never takes much attetion after about two days of running posts since replys begins...
Someone already noticed That ?
Yeah, i know... As usual...

Hey, if you don´t Agree, suck My iT- 8==> ...!
LoL LoL LoL