New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 07:38 AM Reply

At 2/18/13 06:54 PM, Auz wrote: Anyone here who played Pokemon Stadium 2?

I only played Pokemon Stadium (the first one) on the N64. I don't know if there's a mass difference between 1 & 2.

I was thinking:

Houndoom (level 55)
Flamethrower (or Fire Blast)
Crunch
Solarbeam
Sunny Beam

If Dark Pulse exists in the game, than replace it with Crunch.

Also, Sunny Beam wut?

Tyranitar (level 55)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
???

I think Stone Edge would suit Tyranitar better than Rock Slide. Rock Slide's 'flinch' effect would be zeroed out most of the time because its slower than most PKMN, and both moves have potential to miss anyway.

Is Brick Break teachable in PKMN Stadium 2?

I personally like putting Ice Punch on Tyranitar's moveset, just to take out Grass, Ground & Dragon types.

Snorlax (level 50)
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Why Hyper Beam? Snorlax's Sp. Atk is awful. Replace Hyper Beam with Fire Punch or Brick Break.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 2/19/13 07:38 AM, Chrausner wrote:
At 2/18/13 06:54 PM, Auz wrote: Anyone here who played Pokemon Stadium 2?
I only played Pokemon Stadium (the first one) on the N64. I don't know if there's a mass difference between 1 & 2.

My friend had Pokemon Stadium 1. I don't remember there being a huge difference. Of course 2 had some more content, better graphics and was specifically made for the gen 2 games. As far as I know the stat training mechanics of gen 1 and gen 2 were the same though.

I was thinking:

Houndoom (level 55)
Crunch
Solarbeam
Sunny Beam
If Dark Pulse exists in the game, than replace it with Crunch.

Nah, we didn't have fancy moves like that back in our time ;)

Also, Sunny Beam wut?

*Sunny Day

Sorry. From what I read somewhere, this move set makes Houndoom one of the best Pokemon you could use in the Lvl 50-55 cup.

Tyranitar (level 55)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
???
I think Stone Edge would suit Tyranitar better than Rock Slide. Rock Slide's 'flinch' effect would be zeroed out most of the time because its slower than most PKMN, and both moves have potential to miss anyway.

Is Brick Break teachable in PKMN Stadium 2?

Again, no moves like that existed in gen 2. If I remember correctly Brick Break was gen 3 and Stone Edge gen 4. Otherwise I would've definitely chosen Stone Edge over Rock Slide.

I personally like putting Ice Punch on Tyranitar's moveset, just to take out Grass, Ground & Dragon types.

Sounds good. I'll give him that as his fourth.

Snorlax (level 50)
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Why Hyper Beam? Snorlax's Sp. Atk is awful. Replace Hyper Beam with Fire Punch or Brick Break.

I was thinking 150 power + STAB + Pink Bow = epic damage. I don't remember his Sp. Atk being all that horrible, but I could be wrong.

Fire Punch might make him more versatile though. I was mostly putting Snorlax on my team as a back-up anyway, just to cover some types I hadn't covered with the others yet. Also, I thought his stats were actually really good because he gives in so much in speed.

Thanks for the advice!

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:22 AM Reply

Starting today, anyone with a copy of Pokemon Black 2/ White 2 can head over to Gamestop and get Meoletta.

ends on March 24
reminds me, I need to get either black 2 or white 2
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 2/18/13 06:54 PM, Auz wrote:

While I may not have played any of the Stadium games for extended periods of time, I still know a bit about gen II battling mechanics. Let's see here...

I was thinking:

Houndoom (level 55)
Crunch
Solarbeam
Sunny Beam

Looks alright. Only danger I see here is how Houndoom's kinda frail, so Sunny Day should be put up at one's own risk.

Tyranitar (level 55)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
???

Give him an elemental move on the last one (fire/ice/thunder punch) for coverage depending on what other moves everyone else has.

Snorlax (level 50)
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Hmm, Snorlax has pretty low special attack. How about a rest/sleep talk set with body slam & shadow ball to reinforce his massive HP?

Lapras (level 50)
Surf
Body Slam
Ice Beam
???

Sing or Confuse Ray in the last one perhaps? Something that sabotages the enemy is always nice.

Espeon (level 50)
Psychic
Shadowball
Sunny Day
???

Morning Sun on the last one, maybe? Also, again, mind the fact that the physical/special split isn't what it always was. In this case, Shadow Ball being physical.

Skarmory (level 50)
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Swift
??? (maybe Spikes)

Spikes if leading off, toxic if not.

It's mostly the move sets I'm still having doubts about. I would like to add a fighting type move somewhere, but there don't seem to be any good, teachable fighting moves in gen 2.

Hitmonlee gets Hi Jump Kick, Machamp gets Cross Chop, Poliwrath can learn Dynamicpunch & Mind Reader, and Heracross gets Reversal.

Also, I suppose it would make sense to use legendaries, but either their move pools are terrible or their stats aren't favourable with respect to the moves they can learn.

Zapdos would like a word.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 12:33 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 2/18/13 06:54 PM, Auz wrote:
While I may not have played any of the Stadium games for extended periods of time, I still know a bit about gen II battling mechanics. Let's see here...
I was thinking:

Houndoom (level 55)
Crunch
Solarbeam
Sunny Beam
Looks alright. Only danger I see here is how Houndoom's kinda frail, so Sunny Day should be put up at one's own risk.

I could give him a Focus Sash or something to increase his endurance.

Tyranitar (level 55)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
???
Give him an elemental move on the last one (fire/ice/thunder punch) for coverage depending on what other moves everyone else has.

Chrausner suggested Ice Punch, which is what I'll give him :)

Snorlax (level 50)
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Hmm, Snorlax has pretty low special attack. How about a rest/sleep talk set with body slam & shadow ball to reinforce his massive HP?

Hmm might be good, but I wanted to use Snorlax as a back-up. For example, when facing water types I only got Houndoom with Solarbeam, but I doubt Houndoom will survive for long against a strong water Pokemon. I know the second last battler has Suicune which he will definitely use, so for that battle I wanted to bring Snorlax along.

If I set him up with Ice, Fire and Thunder Punch he seems to be pretty versatile.

Lapras (level 50)
Surf
Body Slam
Ice Beam
???
Sing or Confuse Ray in the last one perhaps? Something that sabotages the enemy is always nice.

Yeah, I was thinking about giving him Confuse Ray since that can always come in handy.

Espeon (level 50)
Psychic
Shadowball
Sunny Day
???
Morning Sun on the last one, maybe? Also, again, mind the fact that the physical/special split isn't what it always was. In this case, Shadow Ball being physical.

I believe Espeon doesn't learn Morning Sun until level 52, and there's a restriction that the sum of the levels of the three Pokemon you bring along may not exceed 155. Since I intend to use Tyranitar, I don't like to have Espeon at 52 since I won't be able to bring Espeon and Tyranitar.

I didn't know Shadow Ball was considered a physical attack. I guess that would be a bad choice then.

That leaves two open slots... maybe Sunny Day is a little redundant too, but I thought Espeon could set it up for Houndoom.

Skarmory (level 50)
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Swift
??? (maybe Spikes)
Spikes if leading off, toxic if not.

Hmm I know there's one trainer that loves to use Baton Pass so for that battle I thought Spikes would be handy. Toxic might be handier for the rest of the battles though, so I'll go with Toxic.

It's mostly the move sets I'm still having doubts about. I would like to add a fighting type move somewhere, but there don't seem to be any good, teachable fighting moves in gen 2.
Hitmonlee gets Hi Jump Kick, Machamp gets Cross Chop, Poliwrath can learn Dynamicpunch & Mind Reader, and Heracross gets Reversal.

I know Poliwrath is especially a murdering machine since you can teach it Fissure from Gen I. Add Mind Reader to his moves and he can bring everything down in two turns, except for flying types. However, he learns Mind Reader at level 51 and I don't feel like giving him Fissure because I'd have to fix my Gen I cartridge and play through almost the entire game again.

But I could perhaps swap Snorlax for Machamp and teach Machamp Cross Chop along with the elemental punches.

Also, I suppose it would make sense to use legendaries, but either their move pools are terrible or their stats aren't favourable with respect to the moves they can learn.
Zapdos would like a word.

Zapdos is an exception, but same story as above; I don't feel like playing through Pokemon Red again just to obtain Zapdos.

Thanks for the tips!

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:45 PM, Auz wrote: Hmm I know there's one trainer that loves to use Baton Pass so for that battle I thought Spikes would be handy. Toxic might be handier for the rest of the battles though, so I'll go with Toxic.

Oh, a baton passer...
Skarmory also gets Roar/Whirlwind to snap them away. Combine that with the spikes, perhaps?

Steam ID

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 10:59 PM Reply

I have been play Pokemon White online for the past few days.

One thing I've noticed that seems to be a large waste of time are players giving away commons (sometimes shiny), all while asking for the impossible.

ITT: lv. 9 or lower Ditto or legendary, neither of which can be legitimately caught
or asking for underleveled Pokemon that can't be caught or obtained without a cheating device

On the offhand though, building back up a fun team I always used from various games.

Blaziken
Delcatty/Lopunny
Ludicolo
Pidgeot/Dragonite

Any suggestions for making the team better?

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:59 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I have been play Pokemon White online for the past few days.

One thing I've noticed that seems to be a large waste of time are players giving away commons (sometimes shiny), all while asking for the impossible.

It's part of what they do for a cloning glitch in order to ensure that no one takes their shiny while they attempt to "clone" it. It has something to do with uploading it to the GTS, then turning off the DS at the right time to make the game revert to the previous save, but keeping the uploaded guy there for an easy return.

Steam ID

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 01:20 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: It's part of what they do for a cloning glitch in order to ensure that no one takes their shiny while they attempt to "clone" it. It has something to do with uploading it to the GTS, then turning off the DS at the right time to make the game revert to the previous save, but keeping the uploaded guy there for an easy return.

Interesting but still ridiculous to me. One cool thing was I got a shiny Magnemite, Zubat, Machop, and Kecleon. Sadly, traded off the first three for other starter Pokemon. Nothing a little breeding and time won't fix for me. Just need to work on getting a few trade evolves. Would really love to have a Gengar again, was a great Pokemon.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 10:20 AM Reply

So, got Pokemon White Version 2 yesterday.

So far the team is:

Tepig

jack of stats

Riolu

for the fun of it, may replace it since I don't want two Pokemon sharing the Fighting type on the team

Pidove

flyer for now until I obtain Dragonite later

Any recommendations for what I should add to the team later?

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 10th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

SO is Colosseum any good or is pokémon stadium better and what's the combat like? Colosseum looks like a 3-d Pokemon game.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 10th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Zoroark, Snorlax or Gardevoir, they are all good. Snorlax is your average wall but can pack a punch, Gardevoir is pretty balance (well mine is) and can take hits, Zoroark is fucking awesome if you can use hi ability well, use it with a fighting type so when they use a psychic attack, you're not affected.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Mar. 10th, 2013 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 3/10/13 01:16 PM, darkjam wrote: SO is Colosseum any good or is pokÃf©mon stadium better and what's the combat like? Colosseum looks like a 3-d Pokemon game.

Colosseum and the sequel (XD) are alright games. Snag (stealing Pokemon, only game where you are allowed to do so) Pokemon so you can purify them and the such. Quite a fun game since you can import the Johto starters and Legendary dogs to your Gen III games after purifying them.

At 3/10/13 01:18 PM, darkjam wrote:
Zoroark, Snorlax or Gardevoir, they are all good. Snorlax is your average wall but can pack a punch, Gardevoir is pretty balance (well mine is) and can take hits, Zoroark is fucking awesome if you can use hi ability well, use it with a fighting type so when they use a psychic attack, you're not affected.

Zoroark is wonderful but I may get Scraggy instead since both it's abilities (Moxie and Shed Skin) are useful. As for Snorlax and Gardevoir; Snorlax works well but didn't seem to stand out too well for me in online battles. Gardevoir on the other hand I agree with since they can hold well on their own. Give it Psychic, Magical Leaf, and Thunderbolt and I should be able to hold my own unless I end up having to deal with Electric/Fire Rotom online.

thanks for the advice
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 7th, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

New Pokemon confirmed, then see everyone stating it's a forme of a Mewtwo when that is nothing more than speculation.

however, the official Pokemon site states it is similar to Mewtwo, this does not confirm however it is related to Mewtwo
thelastsamaritan
thelastsamaritan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 9th, 2013 @ 05:03 PM Reply

New Eevee evolution confirmed.

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 12th, 2013 @ 12:09 PM Reply

Does anybody know where I can get the Pokemon adventures in the UK? I'm looking for the red and blue box set in particular.

BBS Signature
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

It's indeed a new Mewtwo forme.......which, in all honestly, being a genetic mutant clone of a mon that could Transform, it makes sense.

stardustdragon
stardustdragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 06:21 AM Reply

May i join?

May I Join My favorite Is gardevoir

stardustdragon
stardustdragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 06:26 AM Reply

What type is it?

Psychic?

May I Join My favorite Is gardevoir

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 4/25/13 06:26 AM, stardustdragon wrote: What type is it?

Psychic?

Mewtwo's new forme?

called Metwo Awakened Forme by the way

Most likely pure Psychic, not much reason to give it a secondary type upon transformation.

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 27th, 2013 @ 03:33 AM Reply

Oh yeah, anyone play on Pokemon Showdown?
It's a good battling alternative especially for people like me who don't know how to work with game-altering devices.
Here's me using a sun team.

Steam ID

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Apr. 27th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 4/9/13 05:03 PM, thelastsamaritan wrote: New Eevee evolution confirmed.

oh god, i thought that was fanmade.
its a shame how the franchise creators abandoned their original public and decided to go for retarded kids

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club May. 9th, 2013 @ 02:25 AM Reply

At 4/25/13 07:06 AM, SCTE3 wrote:

Psychic?
Mewtwo's new forme?
Most likely pure Psychic, not much reason to give it a secondary type upon transformation.

Thats a gardevoir.

Long time no see folks. Some of you may remember me.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club May. 9th, 2013 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 5/9/13 02:25 AM, MrAngel wrote:
At 4/25/13 07:06 AM, SCTE3 wrote:

Psychic?
Mewtwo's new forme?
Thats a gardevoir.

They may have been referring to Swackman's post but the shiny Gardevoir image is also good. :P

Long time no see folks. Some of you may remember me.

Your username seems familiar.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club May. 10th, 2013 @ 05:46 PM Reply

I was playing Gold yesterday for some nostalgia and cam across something for the first time in my life! My Typhlosion has Pokerus! This is brilliant, I looked it up five times to be sure and it is most definetly Pokerus! I honestly never expected to find this in my life, but hey I guess sometimes you get lucky. My luck doesn't stop there either, I also found a shiny Ho oh! That was in Heart Gold though, but talk about luck!

BBS Signature
Tepig003
Tepig003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Jun. 6th, 2013 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 5/10/13 05:46 PM, darkjam wrote: I was playing Gold yesterday for some nostalgia and cam across something for the first time in my life! My Typhlosion has Pokerus! This is brilliant, I looked it up five times to be sure and it is most definetly Pokerus! I honestly never expected to find this in my life, but hey I guess sometimes you get lucky. My luck doesn't stop there either, I also found a shiny Ho oh! That was in Heart Gold though, but talk about luck!

That is lucky, wow!
I never hade a Pokémon with pokerus an the only shiny I have is the shiny pokemon that they give you in the game. (Gyrados, Garchomp, etc.)

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Jun. 7th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

At 6/6/13 02:44 PM, Tepig003 wrote:
At 5/10/13 05:46 PM, darkjam wrote: I was playing Gold yesterday for some nostalgia and cam across something for the first time in my life! My Typhlosion has Pokerus!
That is lucky, wow!
I never hade a PokÃf©mon with pokerus an the only shiny I have is the shiny pokemon that they give you in the game. (Gyrados, Garchomp, etc.)

In Pokemon Black and White (2) online, you can tend to find a few people willing to trade a shiny for something they don't have. Was pretty happy with one trade I did a couple of months back, a Totodile for a Cyndaquil (got almost all the starters now though, only lacking squirtle) and the Cyndaquil I got had Pokerus on it. I allowed my main party to get Pokerus then stored it in the PC until I need to get Pokerus again.

Whoshotdabear
Whoshotdabear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Jun. 9th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

HAI YOU GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZ!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club Jun. 11th, 2013 @ 10:18 AM Reply

Fairy type has been confirmed. Feels like a bit of a let down to me.