New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheGamechanger
TheGamechanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-05-17 22:45:55 Reply

It's not confirmed yet, but there's a rumor that the recently trademarked names Solgaleo and Lunaala are the names of the Sun and Moon legendaries.

VGM Archive
Ask Me Anything
The Random Adventures of TheGamechanger
I'll accept Friend Requests from anyone, but no jerks are allowed on my list.

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-05-24 07:39:33 Reply

At 5/17/16 10:45 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: It's not confirmed yet, but there's a rumor that the recently trademarked names Solgaleo and Lunaala are the names of the Sun and Moon legendaries.

Sounds pretty legit, in my opinion at least

mypsychedelicfantasy || tumblr
THE  VOID  HUNGERS

BBS Signature
TheGamechanger
TheGamechanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-05-26 01:41:45 Reply

Currently making a YouTube playlist that'll ultimately have an individual theme for each and every Pokemon, including the infamous Missingno. The music doesn't have to be from the same franchise: it just has to be fitting to the individual Pokemon.

Haven't done all the obvious choices yet, since for some I might use a different theme than their canon theme.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Y9N-wSgnKpPsWsj2GEl6NkBKCYDfJwU

So, have any music suggestions for my playlist? I've already did the Popplio evolution line and the Sun & Moon cover legendaries. I'm considering using a theme from one of the classic '80s horror movies for either Bisharp or Darkrai.

VGM Archive
Ask Me Anything

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-06-17 02:40:02 Reply

So, a bunch of new Pokemon have been revealed, thoughts?

I think that Iwanko, Nekkoala, Pikipek and Grubbin are well designed, but I dislike Yungoos. The fuck's up with its teeth? Anyway, I think that Solgaleo and Lunala are awesome too, and I'm going with Pokemon Moon

THE  VOID  HUNGERS

BBS Signature
TheGamechanger
TheGamechanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer

At 6/17/16 02:40 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: So, a bunch of new Pokemon have been revealed, thoughts?

I think that Iwanko, Nekkoala, Pikipek and Grubbin are well designed, but I dislike Yungoos. The fuck's up with its teeth? Anyway, I think that Solgaleo and Lunala are awesome too, and I'm going with Pokemon Moon

Yungoos' teeth are like that because it's supposed to be both always hungry and always angry. This is because it's based on the invasive species of mongoose in Hawaii in an attempt to control the population of a rodent, but it got out of hand since the rodent is nocturnal and the mongoose is diurnal, so as a result the mongoose ignored the rodent and starting gorging on the native wildlife. So it's not a coincidence that Yungoose is not native to the Alola region.

It's worth mentioning that according to official sources Solgaleo is kinda hostile towards humans while Lunala is revered as a guardian by humans. I guess this means that Lunala is the good Pokemon while Solgaleo is the evil Pokemon. I'm getting Moon version first.

VGM Archive
Ask Me Anything

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-06-25 18:38:39 Reply

Hey guys I got a 3DSXL and a shitton of Pokemon games and got the pokebank got any advice to catch them all? Ill post pics later.

AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-06-27 22:03:28 Reply

At 6/25/16 06:38 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Hey guys I got a 3DSXL and a shitton of Pokemon games and got the pokebank got any advice to catch them all? Ill post pics later.

Oh, boy. You'll need lots of patience that's for sure

THE  VOID  HUNGERS

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-06-28 02:31:12 Reply

At 6/27/16 10:03 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote:
At 6/25/16 06:38 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Hey guys I got a 3DSXL and a shitton of Pokemon games and got the pokebank got any advice to catch them all? Ill post pics later.
Oh, boy. You'll need lots of patience that's for sure

It's just all the main ones for the DS family.

AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

BBS Signature
BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Artist
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-07-15 01:44:41 Reply

It's crazy to see Pokemon the way that it is today. As a player of red/blue when they first came out in 1996, 20 years later everybody is wandering around catching Pokemon! A lot of the people who are younger than me are unfamiliar with the original 151, at least they don't know all of them (hey it's a lot). I enjoy seeing everybody out and about. The lures feel a bit lazy where people just post up camp and hang out and let the Pokemon come to them. I WILL BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS. Man.. 20 years. and yet, here I am, trying to catch them all just like I was 8 :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature
Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist

At 7/15/16 01:44 AM, BlueHippo wrote: It's crazy to see Pokemon the way that it is today. As a player of red/blue when they first came out in 1996, 20 years later everybody is wandering around catching Pokemon! A lot of the people who are younger than me are unfamiliar with the original 151, at least they don't know all of them (hey it's a lot). I enjoy seeing everybody out and about. The lures feel a bit lazy where people just post up camp and hang out and let the Pokemon come to them. I WILL BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS. Man.. 20 years. and yet, here I am, trying to catch them all just like I was 8 :)

I wasn't even born when Poke mania existed and I only started playing when Diamond came out, so seeing this is amazing to me. I actually rode my bike yesterday for the first time in about 6 years, and I can really appreciate what the game is encouraging people to do. It also gives me a small sense of what it was like when Pokemon was at it's peak back in the 90's, which is pretty comforting; to just see so many people out and about, catching pokemon.

TheGamechanger
TheGamechanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2016-07-21 00:31:59 Reply

It seems that Legendary Pictures, the studio who created Godzilla 2014, has acquired the rights for a live-action Pokemon movie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/20/detective-pikachu-live-action-movie-coming-from-legendary-pictures

It's based on the currently Japan-only game called Detective Pikachu.

VGM Archive
Ask Me Anything

BBS Signature