New Topic Respond to this Topic
SubKutz
SubKutz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:28 PM Reply

Has anybody else noticed this? What I mean by this is how the weeks pass faster when you're older. I can't beleive it's thursday again. I can't beleive christmas was fucking 3 months ago. I can't believe i'm 22!

As I've got older I've noticed my life consists of the same weekly things. Monday to friday I go to work (I'm a builder) the good thing about my job is I get to travel all over the country working. Then the weekend I go out, party, have sex and drink. It's the same weekly routine over and over again. All I live for is the weekend and money.

Damn I wish I was 16 again. School was brilliant everday was different and everday after school I would go out and get up to all sorts of crap. Mainly getting drunk in parks, getting chased and all that bull shit stuff. It may sound really stupid and childish to do thoses kind of things to most of you on here, but when I was 16 I never had the internet, I couldn't even work a p.c. To be honest I wouldn't have wanted a p.c in fear of being called a ''Geek'' by all my mates.

The only reason I got myself a p.c was to hook my decks up to it so I could record decent c.d mixes. Then I got the internet to download music and then I found Newgrounds.

Anyway Thats the first and last serious post you will have off me.

DanAbnormal
DanAbnormal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:31 PM Reply

Yes. I still remember new years eve 3 tears ago like it was yesterday. The bad thing is ive got my GCSE exams in may and now i hate the fact that time flies past.

BBS Signature
NecrophiliacOrgy
NecrophiliacOrgy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:32 PM Reply

It's ironic that older people wish to be younger where as younger people wish they were older.

Manman
Manman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:32 PM Reply

Lol. You're old. Put your teeth back in and try and enjoy your creamed corn gramps.

I haven't experienced (or noticed) what you're talking about. I'm sure it feels that way, but you might just be stuck in a rut or something. Go on a road trip.

SubKutz
SubKutz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:32 PM, BloodiedFangs wrote: It's ironic that older people wish to be younger where as younger people wish they were older.

Yeah, it is isn't it. I wish I could stay 21 forever.

leeboy105
leeboy105
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:31 PM, Darkmaster2000 wrote: Yes. I still remember new years eve 3 tears ago like it was yesterday. The bad thing is ive got my GCSE exams in may and now i hate the fact that time flies past.

The GCSE's were easy. My advice to you is to enjoy high school while you still can. Whether you choose to continue your education or get a job, it all goes downhill after high school.

Losperman
Losperman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Yeah, I didn't like going to school until my junior year when I realized it was much easier than the real world. Like you said, at this point in our lives we're like "Oh, it's only a year a way. That's not so long." Whereas when we were 16 it was like "Holy shit, it's a year away! That's fucking forever!"

Bigpapasak
Bigpapasak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:35 PM Reply

i thought it was just me.... i feel old now. after highschool you fly threw teh weeks.

stick0
stick0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:35 PM Reply

No im still a young child, so I worry more about cooties and booger eaters.

DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:37 PM Reply

I disagree. I think it gets slower the older I get. It's surprising certain things went very quick back then, but let time go and it will be christmas again and I might think "Wow, that went quick!"

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Oh I wish, that, I knew what I know now... when I was younger!
I wish, that, I knew what I know now, a-when I was stronger!

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

RocketFetus
RocketFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:39 PM Reply

No I've not noticed anything.

also, dicks.

Zel0s
Zel0s
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:40 PM Reply

Yeah, I guess it's because as you get older you're more used to the usual yearly events and a year just seems less significant when you're 20 then if you're 5. I hope it doesn't keep seeming to go faster though. One day you'll be 40 the next day it'll seem like you're 75 with a fake hip and teeth waiting for death to end you're boring life.

GhoulRa
GhoulRa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Animator
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:40 PM Reply

Varies. For example, if you have a lot of work on your shouders, then pretty much time flies by.

BBS Signature
Interwhat
Interwhat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:42 PM Reply

"Youth is wasted on the young"

enigma
enigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:47 PM Reply

lol noe i r teh too you ng olde man~@

NecrophiliacOrgy
NecrophiliacOrgy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:33 PM, SubKutz wrote:
At 3/17/05 03:32 PM, BloodiedFangs wrote: It's ironic that older people wish to be younger where as younger people wish they were older.
Yeah, it is isn't it. I wish I could stay 21 forever.

Heh, one of my rare and strangely profound moments. Savour it.

weirdoo
weirdoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 04:13 PM Reply

i have that thought alot in my mind. then i mean ALOT

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/
the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

I did not draw the signature picture

BBS Signature
Steel-Phoenix
Steel-Phoenix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 04:35 PM Reply

Hell, I'm a Freshman its already begun to feel that way
But the more you remember the faster time goes but the less you know the more you feel lost but you can't always be in the middle

Denvish
Denvish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to The older u get the faster it goes. Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:28 PM, SubKutz wrote: Has anybody else noticed this? What I mean by this is how the weeks pass faster when you're older.

My elder brother actually has a theory about this (he's an intelligent fucker, but has a depressing view on everything). He reckons that (and this makes sense....) as you get older, your metabolism slows down. So life appears to you to be passing faster. Based on this belief, he came to the conclusion that by the time you're 25, you've already lived half of your life (according to your perception).
I do understand where he's coming from with this, it's logical when you think about it... but, how much more depressing can you get, when that is your viewpoint on your life?
Myself, I live for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Making plans for next year just doesn't concern me. Maybe this explains why I have no money and no career....

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature