Be a Supporter!
Wrecko
Wrecko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I'm attempting to make a great movie and i want to know what are the requirements to make it on the front page..........because i've seen great things there,but i've also seen some garbage............please explain.

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Tom and Wade hand pick them.

Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 02:55 PM, Wrecko wrote: I'm attempting to make a great movie and i want to know what are the requirements to make it on the front page..........because i've seen great things there,but i've also seen some garbage............please explain.

Hmm, not sure what the requirements are. I think Tom just needs to like it.

Take Numa Numa for example. It hasn't any award, but it is just fun, so it get's on the frontpage. I just think Tom needs to like it, before getting on the frontpage. :)

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Well, after getting Flash, the first requirement for a Front page quality flash is quality. :P GOOD drawings, sprites and maybe something else are one of the main things for quality. The next thing is using sound correctly and then there's making quite a long flash. Atleast five minutes would be good enough. Also, make sure your flash has got a very good storyline. Humour, violence or something very interesting to possibly make your flash to get on front page, but it depends if Tom finds it good enough.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:21 PM Reply

Mainly, Tom has to like it, but also, if a flash brings a lot of traffic to the site, it'll get on the front page. I think that's why Numa is still on there, because of mass appeal. That's why stuff like Drag Racer from a while back stayed on the Front Page so much, if memory serves

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:21 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Mainly, Tom has to like it, but also, if a flash brings a lot of traffic to the site, it'll get on the front page. I think that's why Numa is still on there, because of mass appeal. That's why stuff like Drag Racer from a while back stayed on the Front Page so much, if memory serves

And don't forget the Oklahama City game. That got traffic, because it got on the news. Naughty Bedn.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:28 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: And don't forget the Oklahama City game. That got traffic, because it got on the news. Naughty Bedn.

I wasn't around for that. What kind of game was it, dare I ask?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
leeboy105
leeboy105
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:34 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 3/17/05 03:28 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: And don't forget the Oklahama City game. That got traffic, because it got on the news. Naughty Bedn.
I wasn't around for that. What kind of game was it, dare I ask?

See for yourself:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/188661

Woot411
Woot411
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 07:01 PM Reply

You just have to make one that Tom likes and if you want to increase that chance spend alot of time on it and dont cut corners

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:39 PM, leeboy105 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/188661

That game was truely made by a god.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 3/17/05 07:01 PM, Woot411 wrote: You just have to make one that Tom likes and if you want to increase that chance spend alot of time on it and dont cut corners

Yes don't cut corners, also they perfer ones with portal icons too.
Tom usually checks out the Daily Top Five, so if you get one of theose spots it also helps. Not all front page stuff has been part of a daily part 5, but a high majority of it.

Matt-G
Matt-G
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 18th, 2005 @ 08:39 AM Reply

At 3/17/05 03:00 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Well, after getting Flash, the first requirement for a Front page quality flash is quality. :P GOOD drawings, sprites and maybe something else are one of the main things for quality. The next thing is using sound correctly and then there's making quite a long flash. Atleast five minutes would be good enough.

Flash by Bahamut7:
- none -

Not true at all.
It's not just all logical like, good graphics = good, and put them all together and it will just work. All you need is to be able to entertain someone for a few minutes, make it work, and that doesn't nessisarily mean having a good story or graphics.

And what did you expect people to tell you, excactly how to get on the front page? How to make something that works in a forum post? That's retarded.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 18th, 2005 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 3/18/05 08:39 AM, Matt-G wrote: Flash by Bahamut7:
- none -

For petes sake, will everyone stop using this stupid statment? You dont' have to make flash to tell if it is front page matirial or not.

doesn't nessisarily mean having a good story or graphics.

For a good amount of the part, that is true, some cases graphics make the flash. Of course, artists who've had front page submissions will more than likely front page again than someone else. :/ But then there are cases like with the Numa Numa bit. No real skill, but front page. Or if it brings up enough controvesy[spelling],it could get front page, like Joshs' flash.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Matt-G
Matt-G
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 18th, 2005 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 3/18/05 09:53 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: For petes sake, will everyone stop using this stupid statment? You dont' have to make flash to tell if it is front page matirial or not.

Well, in his case it does, he thinks a good cartoon or game comes down to logic, like "good graphics, good story, MUST go for 5 minutes" If people focused on just meeting that it would suck.

For a good amount of the part, that is true, some cases graphics make the flash. Of course, artists who've had front page submissions will more than likely front page again than someone else. :/

Sweeeet. I got on the front page once.

Joe
Joe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 18th, 2005 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 3/18/05 09:53 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: For petes sake, will everyone stop using this stupid statment? You dont' have to make flash to tell if it is front page matirial or not.

Flash by Master_Inuyasha:
- none -

I mean... Yeah. I agree with you.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature
Eldarion
Eldarion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Front Page??? Mar. 19th, 2005 @ 09:10 AM Reply

Having a Flash with a Daily or even Weekly award is always good, or just having an 'awesome' score, IWO 3.50/5.00 or more. All of these things will highlight the submission and make it more likely to be noticed by Tom.

At 3/18/05 08:39 AM, Matt-G wrote: Flash by Bahamut7:
- none -

*rolls eyes*

Just because someone has no Flash doesn't mean they lack the ability to judge. It's like saying a movie critic can't talk because he's never made a film before.