New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMightiestDeed
TheMightiestDeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 08:02 AM Reply

I think it would be kind of cool if the reviews were sorted by constructiveness somehow.
Mabye it could be the number of experience points the reviewer submitting them has, or the number of blam/protects, or better yet, the number of responses from the author their reviews have recieved. That way, the more constructive reviews that the authors want to read would usually be at the top, and the generic "This rox please make more" or "This sux I hate u" reviews would get sorted to the bottom, because they don't really have much of a point.
Not only that, but it would inspire the flash authors to respond to reviews and be active with the community feedback and whatnot, while also inspiring reviewers to be constructive so they get more feedback and get their reviews bumped higher on the list!
What do you guys think?

EdibleCastle
EdibleCastle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 08:41 AM Reply

sounds like a good idea. maybe as a sorting option so the user can switch between that and normal chronological order.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 08:45 AM Reply

Have you submitted this idea to the Ideas for the Newgrounds revoloution thread in WI/HT yet? I think they might like it.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Denvish
Denvish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 08:50 AM Reply

At 3/17/05 08:45 AM, boloneyman wrote: Have you submitted this idea to the Ideas for the Newgrounds revoloution thread in WI/HT yet? I think they might like it.

Link:
Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature
Tremour
Tremour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 08:54 AM Reply

You know what would be better ? If we could sort them on how helpful they were. Like, you know, if a review was 15/0 in terms of being marked helpful then, zing, it goes to the top. But if like, it was marked 0/23 or whatever, it would go to the bottom.

Awesome stuff like that.

FUCK

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 3/17/05 08:54 AM, Tremour wrote: if a review was 15/0 in terms

That number doesn't exist! :o

Anyway. I think the author should be able to choose Helpful/Not Helpful, but it wouldn't just count as a normal vote. Rather, it's kept in the reviewer's profile somewhere. That way, their reviews would be more highly acclaimed.

Although, I can see the potential problem with abuse there.
Ho hum.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

kyniver
kyniver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 09:31 AM Reply

well the reviews are only meant to be for the author but i like to read them too. But i hate those idiots who put the most unthoughtful scores, like there was a 0 overall score for There She Is Step 2. Come on, not even 1 for the animation???? What an idiot!

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 10:20 AM Reply

Saying which review is more constructive might be a little diffecult, but on how helpfull they were is a very good idea. I do agree that some people think too black and white about reviewing and rating. I mean 10 10 10 10 10 10 10, like it is the perfect submission, and 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 for very good movies.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Clogall
Clogall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 10:34 AM Reply

Bump

Tremour
Tremour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 3/17/05 09:09 AM, Zerok wrote: That number doesn't exist! :o

Oh Zerok, must you always push my buttons ? No innuendo included, by the way.

For Zerok's sake, read 15/0 as 15/15.

FUCK

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 10:57 AM Reply

What about moderators go about reviews every now and then, marking how good they are, therefore putting the "Best" review for the movie/game in context as priority in viewing?

In other words, Reviews are arranged (Ranked by Mods only) by how good they are by default? By date and by Score would be extra?

Next Release ETA: ?

Panthar-1
Panthar-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 11:00 AM Reply

That's great for finding whistle points a lot esier.

TheMightiestDeed
TheMightiestDeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Improving the Review System Mar. 17th, 2005 @ 03:58 PM Reply

That's a good idea- having the moderators go over the reviews might be a good way to do it. After all, some movies get so many reviews the authors don't have the time to wade through them all. Add to that the fact that a few authors don't speak english...
I say either moderator votes, helpful/unhelpful ratings, or...
How about a new button next to the helpful/unhelpful/abusive buttons that would show up for users above a certain level to allow them to mark a review as constructive?
Most low level users wouldn't care about whether or not a review is constructive anyway, so they wouldn't feel too left out. Besides, if they did, it would just provide them with another incentive to keep racking up their Grounds Gold points by visiting NG!
Users, authors, and Newgrounds itself- It's win-win-win! C'mon Tom, whaddaya say?