Respond to this Topic
HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 16:57:00 Reply

Funniest blog, I'm sorry, "Adventure" I've read all day. I'm glad you did well on your speech, 45 minutes is hella hard to cover.

Didn't count, but how many Miller Lights were there in those pics? It's as if they're attached to your hand like a conjoined twin!

Hope they invite you again next year.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 17:08:44 Reply

Thats cool that you met Elijah, and Tommy. No offense but you look like the guy from Bluse Clues when you're accepting the award.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
WroknRoll2112
WroknRoll2112
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 17:11:39 Reply

DUDE!!! i live in austin from where you went to the south by south west festival, my freind tim said he went to your speech and met you! that sounds awesome man! did you have any fun on 6th street!!??

Toocool100
Toocool100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 17:23:27 Reply

the best part of that whole thing is the picture of Gfox, nice.. haha

he doesn't look at all what i thought he would :P

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Cellulum
Cellulum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 18:19:24 Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I HAD TO LEAVE EARLY!!!!
WHY GOD!? (You know i'm serious cause im typing in all caps)
I would have stay longer but i had to leave early for family matters!
I didn't even care if id have gotten the free AH game!
(but if i did, i would have hung it next to my 2nd grade soccer trolphies! )
Mr. Fulp, thx for answering my questions!

SXSW Coverage!

API
API
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 18:29:25 Reply

Wow, Tom. You are a budding celebrity! When I first came to this site back in '00, I never would of thought you'd be the celebrity you are now. I'd of given anything to meet you. Congratulations on all of the Alien Hominid awards and such.

P-51
P-51
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 21:00:04 Reply

That's kick ass dude.

Frank
Frank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 22:28:28 Reply

The Aquabats were at that...

Damn, I would've gone just to see them.

Umsutfeersme
Umsutfeersme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 23:05:35 Reply

Tom, you celebrity, you. :)

And god damn, that guy is short.

SXSW Coverage!

Umsutfeersme
Umsutfeersme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 23:37:47 Reply

At 3/16/05 11:29 PM, -GhostMint wrote:
At 3/16/05 11:05 PM, Umsutfeersme wrote: Tom, you celebrity, you. :)

And god damn, that guy is short.
1. He is obviously sitting down.

K.

2. I guarantee he is taller than Dan.

Dan?

3. What the fuck difference does it make? Did you honestly feel that your obvious observation was so wildly amusing that you needed to take the time to post it?

He's Elijah Woods. He played Frodo in "The Lord of the Rings". It's funny because he's short in the movie, and he's short here. And yes, I did feel that it was widly amusing enough to post. Did you think reprimanding me for posting a picture on an internet forum was worth your precious time?

4. Your jealousy couldn’t be more blatant.

Oh noes I is jealous of Tom Fulp... :'(

Way to make youself look stupid there, sport.

Gingerbread
Gingerbread
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-16 23:46:09 Reply

i am wondering if they will ever do one of these videogame expos on the east coast i know no way they would come do it in maine but how about boston newyork or rhode island?

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:06:04 Reply

At 3/16/05 02:36 PM, Pink_beer wrote: Fucking hot! Naked chicks with feathers! woah...

That WAS whoa-inducing indeed. My first thought? "It's like a little slice of Las Vegas ended up in Austin last weekend!"

At 3/16/05 02:51 PM, weirdoo wrote: YOU FREAKING KNOW ELIJAH WOOD!?!?!

ha ha! I'm not sure getting your pic taken with Elijah Wood means you KNOW him in any meaningful way, but certainly he has now MET Elijah Wood. And I must say, my girlfriend Danielle is teh jealous. She loves that lil' Hobbit. :::nods:::

At 3/16/05 03:49 PM, Star_Cleaver wrote: Btw, did Gfox offer to cook you anything? I would have asked if I were you. :)

Only his books, Star. Only his books. :::nods:::

At 3/16/05 02:48 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: Tom, you made an error!

"NG mod gfoxclock came to the talk!"

He's actually not a clock, he's a cook. A chef, not a time-telling device.

I am both, actually! A cook AND a clock. A time-telling device who can cook. O_o

But usually just cook, yes. #;-}>

At 3/16/05 03:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Haha, dammit! I had cook originally but then changed it after his last post was from his gfoxclock account. Doi doi doi.

So from cook to clock and back to cook again?! Crikey. #;-}> Yeah, I was just posting in your news topics with my alt account for no good reason. No worries! Most people know I'm both accounts around here, so... heh. Anyway, the pics turned out better than I thought. I was so out of it.

Anyway, LazyFuckingBastard, here's a pic you might find funny in light of your clock/cook post... now if only Funky_Penguin had slapped a clock down in it as well...

SXSW Coverage!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
Umsutfeersme
Umsutfeersme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:14:33 Reply

At 3/16/05 11:59 PM, -GhostMint wrote:
At 3/16/05 11:37 PM, Umsutfeersme wrote:
Dan?
Dan the co-creator of AH?

I know who Dan Paladin is, but he's nowhere in that picture, so I really don't see what you're getting at.

He's Elijah Woods. He played Frodo in "The Lord of the Rings". It's funny because he's short in the movie, and he's short here. And yes, I did feel that it was widly amusing enough to post.
Yes, but the point is that it wasn't actually funny. I know this because the only person who made a comment regarding your "joke", only did so to mention how dumb it was.

Whatever, asshole.

Did you think reprimanding me for posting a picture on an internet forum was worth your precious time?
Yes, for the following reasons:
- The Ice Storm
- Avalon
- The Good Son
- Chain of Fools
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

... What the fuck are you going on about?

Oh noes I is jealous of Tom Fulp... :'(
Or jealous of Elijha rather.

God you're stupid. How am I jealous? All I said was "Tom, you celebrity, you. :)" That, in fact, is not jealousy, but awe.

That’s exactly what I did, mhm. O.o

Well, alright, you didn't make yourself look that stupid. Well, at least not as much stupid as an asshole.

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:17:17 Reply

At 3/16/05 04:57 PM, Incredible_Hulk wrote: Funniest blog, I'm sorry, "Adventure" I've read all day. I'm glad you did well on your speech, 45 minutes is hella hard to cover.

I got there like 15 minutes late, and I coulda sworn I got to hear 45 minutes of Tom's talk, so... I'm betting it was closer to 1 hour than 45 mins, but then again... maybe Tom was timing it. #;-}>

With the Q&A session afterwards, though, yeah... we got kicked out of the room and into the hallway around 9 PM, so 90 minutes or so total. Tom did a great job, it was interesting, interactive, engrossing, and informative. And other i's I care not to ramble on about just now... yes.

At 3/16/05 05:08 PM, boloneyman wrote: Thats cool that you met Elijah, and Tommy. No offense but you look like the guy from Bluse Clues when you're accepting the award.

LOL! Tom looks like Steve from Blue's Clues? Heh... hmmm... makes me wonder... was there ever a Blue's Clues Assassin mission? I seem to remember there might have been... but I suppose it was to shoot the dog, not the dude.

At 3/16/05 05:23 PM, Toocool100 wrote: the best part of that whole thing is the picture of Gfox, nice.. haha

he doesn't look at all what i thought he would :P

How on earth is that the BEST part? O_o I don't tend to love being in pics, but seeing as how April had a camera and I couldn't let a chance go by to get one of those patented pics with Tom Fulp... I just couldn't pass it up, yanno!

And what on earth did you expect me to look like, eh? I have no idea what you look like as I haven't seen a pic or heard a description of you. To me, you are this ethereal save-hoarding big "Too" and "Cool" floating in the sky or something. #;-}>

At 3/16/05 06:26 PM, -GhostMint wrote: I know what you mean, he is of surprising girth.

Hey now. #;-}> I've never made a secret of that. I just don't go around posting my pic in every "SHOW YOURSELF TO NG!" thread ever. I'm not sure if that's what TooCool meant or not, but come on... just because I'm a stat-loving nerd... doesn't mean I'm a thin-as-a-pencil, glasses-wearing, pocket-protector-outfitted weakling. I'm a beefy smart guy. Sue me. #;-}>

Anyway, the veil of anonymity was bound to be lowered at some point. I only found out last night on AIM that a certain SOMEONE (cough)D0GMA(cough) posted a pic of me I must have posted once in an isolated instance... in some thread in late February. She didn't say "this is gfox," but she hinted it was a mod (said "I wonder if he'll delete this when he notices it" or something).

So... yeah. Let the veil be completely shattered. TEH GFOX REVEALED. The pic I mention is now several years old, but as you can see, while my hair has gotten shorter (it's almost always fairly short, I had just grown it out for once in my life during this pic), my goatee remains the same from my pic with Tom... to this pic from the late 90s:

SXSW Coverage!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:20:48 Reply

At 3/17/05 12:14 AM, Umsutfeersme wrote:
At 3/16/05 11:59 PM, -GhostMint wrote:
At 3/16/05 11:37 PM, Umsutfeersme wrote:

(snip FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME fun fun fun fun spam spam spam spam POINTLESSNESS)

That’s exactly what I did, mhm. O.o
Well, alright, you didn't make yourself look that stupid. Well, at least not as much stupid as an asshole.

All right, you two. I'm going to bed soon, but if I come back in the morning and find that you're still turning this topic into a flamewar, posts are getting deleted and people are getting banned.

Umsut: You made a somewhat unfunny joke about Elijah Wood being short. It would have been funnier had it not been so old by now. But anyway, your pic edit wasn't so bad, it's the way you're acting defensive now that bites.

Ghostmint: You made your point that his joke wasn't funny. Stop trying to reinforce that point by continually replying to the guy, eh? Let it rest.

Can't we all just get along? #;-}>

BBS Signature
Umsutfeersme
Umsutfeersme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:23:43 Reply

At 3/17/05 12:20 AM, gfoxcook wrote: All right, you two. I'm going to bed soon, but if I come back in the morning and find that you're still turning this topic into a flamewar, posts are getting deleted and people are getting banned.

Umsut: You made a somewhat unfunny joke about Elijah Wood being short. It would have been funnier had it not been so old by now. But anyway, your pic edit wasn't so bad, it's the way you're acting defensive now that bites.

Sorry, gfox... it just hate it when someone picks a fight over meaningless shit like a corny joke. I tend to get that way, but I'll try and watch it in the future. :(

Can't we all just get along? #;-}>

Sounds good. :)

TheCrazyPanda
TheCrazyPanda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:39:14 Reply

Tom, you fucking asshole.

AzianBum
AzianBum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 00:44:51 Reply

Tom,
Hey, It's me Dave, from Friday night at Lovejoys. Glad to see you made it back to Philly in one piece. I had fun hanging out, I think we did have quite a few beers, now that you mentioned it. Driving home was quite interesting...heheh...uhhgg...
Anyway, that's cool that you got to meet some interesting people. That's a great pic of Elijah and April. I agree, "Don't get any ideas Frodo" that's hilarious.
If your ever back in the Lone Star State, give me a call. You'll always have fun in Texas! Also, tell April I said hello.
-Cheers

Oh, one more thing, check out my work when you get the chance...
www.opreska.com

Morextremist
Morextremist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 01:17:26 Reply

lol, she was gonna hob that hobbits knob

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 01:24:08 Reply

If you see these two dogs that means they ran away while we were gone, please keep them alive.

SXSW Coverage!

Morextremist
Morextremist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 01:32:43 Reply

At 3/17/05 01:24 AM, EarthCrisis wrote: If you see these two dogs that means they ran away while we were gone, please keep them alive.

my dog's taking the MCAT's soon

SXSW Coverage!

OverThaBoost
OverThaBoost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 01:45:28 Reply

nice pics tom

xxleftyfootxx
xxleftyfootxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 03:14:56 Reply

i was at the sxsw, i have some pictures, but their crap.

pythagoras
pythagoras
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 03:22:54 Reply

More beer smashing!

I can just guess where the NGlit section is heading:
"Saturday Night at the Boozer
So, I went to the pub and we met these randoms and smashed piss with them, and I told them all about AH and NG, and then I stole beer from Namco."

AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 04:11:39 Reply

At 3/16/05 11:05 PM, Umsutfeersme wrote: And god damn, that guy is short.

He's taller than me.

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 06:14:14 Reply

I love reading about shit you get up to, always puts a smile on my face.

So, scumming to the UK, I hear... *cough*.

#coys

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 07:48:18 Reply

At 3/16/05 02:33 PM, TomFulp wrote: Read my post below for more info!

Thread below, surley. :P

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 08:11:51 Reply

You saw Frodo!?!? Cool! I bet that was a very cool festival

Toocool100
Toocool100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 08:58:20 Reply

At 3/17/05 12:17 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
And what on earth did you expect me to look like, eh? I have no idea what you look like as I haven't seen a pic or heard a description of you. To me, you are this ethereal save-hoarding big "Too" and "Cool" floating in the sky or something. #;-}>

omg teh toocool100!! oh noes!

SXSW Coverage!

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to SXSW Coverage! 2005-03-17 10:04:55 Reply

At 3/17/05 12:44 AM, Dave_OPreska wrote: Tom,
Hey, It's me Dave, from Friday night at Lovejoys. Glad to see you made it back to Philly in one piece. I had fun hanging out, I think we did have quite a few beers, now that you mentioned it. Driving home was quite interesting...heheh...uhhgg...

Yo! I was hoping you would turn up, since I didn't know what your user account was! Also nice to see your demo reel! I don't know when I'll be back in Austin - with any luck I'll be at SXSW again next year!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature