00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saving .swf 2002-03-08 05:41:24

I have recently designed software (In flash) for Aon insurance (Im just a 15 yr old kid!) and I had no problems with that and I was quite proud of what I had made and they were very pleased. I handed them a .exe program (I made it in flash then opened the .swf and clicked 'create projector'. So that was fine, except for one thing. Saving. They want to have it so they can store it. Anyway possible. So if it can be saved as a .swf, .fla, .doc, .pdt (Powerpoint). Even a code that could be copied and pasted onto a word document to be used at a later date. I just want it to save the movie's current position (as well as m.clips inside the movie).
If you wouldnt mind helping me out I would be really really gratefulI am not Amazing at flash or coding or stuff, so please make it simple and clear. Is it at all possible?
Thanks
-Jay

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-08 20:46:45

if you created this magical thing in flash you should be able to open it in flash and the choose *file* then *save as* and it will save the data as a .fla and after you save the file choose *control* then *test movie* and it will create a .swf where ever you saved the .fla file.

Now If you created only part of your project in flash and part of it in another program and you want to save it as a hole YOUR SCREWED!!!!! unless you used dreamweaver, fireworks, or coldfusion.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-08 21:48:38

djoo, if you go into your publish settings, you
can export the movie as swf, gif, and a lot of other ways. You needn't do control>test movie.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-08 22:19:17

yes i know, its just the way im used too doing it.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-09 22:56:59

Dont be such a condesing ass, I need help, and the actual program is a .swf and it tells particular movie clips to go to particular frames, I need to save it FROM the .swf or the whole user-friendliness is lost and it become pointless. I think I now how to export my damn movies.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-10 16:01:26

You have not done a very good job of explaining exactly what you are trying to do.
Perhaps, this is why you are not receiving any help.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-11 07:17:20

thanks fourchingin.
It is a .swf movie with about 12 m.clips and lots of buttons. Each m.clip has a set of buttons whichm tell it how far (what frame) it has to go to. So you press alot of buttons and the m.clips all go to their given frames and that is great. Then it needs to be saved. How is this done?

I dont mean to be mean, but that DJ guy was being really condescending, and that pisses me off. So sorry.
Please help.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-11 08:14:49

At 3/11/02 07:17 AM, KobyMcSlick wrote: Then it needs to be saved. How is this done?

What needs to be saved?
Position, information, image?

Where is Uncle Boris?
This is his territory.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-11 14:53:35

hes living in a small country in south africa for the mont whilst the anarchy gang site is uploaded:)

PMCK

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-11 14:56:55

South Africa is a country, idiot.

As for this problem, I assume you need the variables and properties of the clips saved to a document, and then loaded in on request, correct?

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-12 02:50:48

Exactly right Uncle Bob. Thanks, I hope you can help.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-12 12:50:52

I'm not sure that's possible using just actionscript. Hence, you'll need to transfer the variables to an outside language, hence it needs to be online...

What other languages can you do? Javascript, php, PERL?

If variables can be transfered to and from a word document using just actionscript, I'll be very suprised. I know that's possible using PERL though.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-18 05:49:32

I can only use html pretty much

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-18 11:37:31

HTML's no good. I'm fairly certain it's not possible using just actionscript, so I'd learn php or PERL. Take your pick.

Response to Saving .swf 2002-03-19 14:47:30

At 3/18/02 11:37 AM, Uncle_Boris wrote: HTML's no good. I'm fairly certain it's not possible using just actionscript, so I'd learn php or PERL. Take your pick.

such a simple topic...such a long discussion