Dekathos
Dekathos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:29:29 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:14 PM, Zendra wrote:
At 3/12/05 12:48 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: What about rude and offensive review responses?
I've seen some reviews who were just fine. They gave their opinions, but kept to the guidelines.
The author's repsones was making it abusive. So I think it would be rather nice that you can also mark an abusive review-respones.

O PLEASE NO! Can't we authors be given some privileges . :'( That's all I need is a ego-poll about wether other people agree with my comments or not.

Believe me I have seen author's who insult people when they are given good reviews *cough* RadishClock *cough* but I still think that being able to grade there responses is a stupid idea and I will defend the rights of author's to defend there work to the end and they shouldn't be banned for it.

Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:33:05 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:29 PM, Dekathos wrote: O PLEASE NO! Can't we authors be given some privileges . :'( That's all I need is a ego-poll about wether other people agree with my comments or not.

No. Because they should stick to some guidelines too. If they don't like your movie, you don't have to flame them or something. :\

Believe me I have seen author's who insult people when they are given good reviews *cough* RadishClock *cough* but I still think that being able to grade there responses is a stupid idea and I will defend the rights of author's to defend there work to the end and they shouldn't be banned for it.

Still, author's shouldn't abuse that function aswell. They also need to stick to some guidelines. Keep it polite, etc. I mean, it is only annoying to see things like that. :s

Mr-Fluffykins
Mr-Fluffykins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:34:24 Reply

Look at my responses lol

LSD!

BBS Signature
Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:42:02 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:34 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: Look at my responses lol

That explain's why you've wanted this in the new system. Lol. :)

Mr-Fluffykins
Mr-Fluffykins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:47:24 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:42 PM, Zendra wrote:
At 3/12/05 01:34 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: Look at my responses lol
That explain's why you've wanted this in the new system. Lol. :)

I find it is one of the most fun things, i just love insulting random people who give me zero's, the more racial slurs the better

LSD!

BBS Signature
Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 13:59:43 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:47 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: I find it is one of the most fun things, i just love insulting random people who give me zero's, the more racial slurs the better

Still, that is abusive, Fluffy. :\
And if the people make a very abusive review, you should be wise and don't make an response, but just mark the review as abusive.

At 3/12/05 01:53 PM, Chrome- wrote: But as an author, if they give you a shitty review, you should be able to reply with what you please.

Ofcourse. But if you start yelling: "SHUT THE FUCK UP N00B!!!111", you are also acting offending. And I'm not saying I wouldn't do it. But just bring it polite or something.

Lex117
Lex117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:01:05 Reply

Holy hell, i cant imagine wade getting stuck in front of his pc, and banning and unbanning more than 1000 users. tom better be paying you in g's wade...

AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:01:24 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:53 PM, Chrome- wrote: But as an author, if they give you a shitty review, you should be able to reply with what you please.

Though nothing too out of hand I guess.

If someone calls you gay or a bastard, or whatever, then I guess you can insult them back, even though the review mods should take care of people like that. But I've noticed that some authors use the reply feature to character spam or to make racial slurs, which needs to stop.

ScottTowels
ScottTowels
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:02:43 Reply

At 3/12/05 12:26 PM, Miles11 wrote: then we could add something else, if you are banned a second time, it would be 2 days for each abusive review, then 3, then 4, and so forth...you see? if they don't learn the first time round, teach them a much HARDER LESSON...

That wouldn't be very efficient for some abusers. Mods would need to constantly ban them. They should be able to choose the length of the banned period while being limited to 2-3 months. Moreover, the system would need a box telling why an user was banned. Admins would take care of special cases like link spammers. Wouldn't that be better? It's not perfect but I prefer this to your solution.

At 3/12/05 01:03 PM, juraj wrote: Nope. 2 weeks for each abusive review sounds better. Review bans need to be more harsh than BBS bans.

Wow, some users could wait longer than they are currently waiting O_o

munchies
munchies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:13:19 Reply

Thank you Mr.Fulp!

BigBlueBalls
BigBlueBalls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:14:49 Reply

I've marked ones abusive by accident, but not very often. Usually I meant to click the "No" button to "not helpful" and my hand slipped clicking the abusive instead. Maybe there should be an "Are you sure?" question, like there is for blowing the whistle on flash movies.

Dekathos
Dekathos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:18:37 Reply

At 3/12/05 02:14 PM, BigBlueBalls wrote: I've marked ones abusive by accident, but not very often. Usually I meant to click the "No" button to "not helpful" and my hand slipped clicking the abusive instead. Maybe there should be an "Are you sure?" question, like there is for blowing the whistle on flash movies.

SECONDED! THIS IS NEEDED!

RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Animator
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 14:44:49 Reply

At 3/12/05 02:02 PM, Sakurazukamori wrote: That wouldn't be very efficient for some abusers. Mods would need to constantly ban them. They should be able to choose the length of the banned period while being limited to 2-3 months. Moreover, the system would need a box telling why an user was banned. Admins would take care of special cases like link spammers. Wouldn't that be better? It's not perfect but I prefer this to your solution.

True mods would have to ban constantly, at like week intervals maybe... yes we need a box telling them why the ban etc, yours is good.

Bazi
Bazi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 15:47:03 Reply

I have also set all the review bans to be lifted, if it doesn't crash NG trying to lift the bans on all 1,587 accounts.

there have been a ton of internal site errors. i was wondering what was causin it.

The fab king. Used to be Darkness. [last.fm]|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature
Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 16:08:45 Reply

Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes and will submit proper reviews in the future.

If my ban has been lifted, i'll be a little better at following the guidelines. god being banned stinks

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
dictator-of-da-world
dictator-of-da-world
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 16:13:06 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:14 PM, Zendra wrote: I've seen some reviews who were just fine. They gave their opinions, but kept to the guidelines.
The author's repsones was making it abusive. So I think it would be rather nice that you can also mark an abusive review-respones.

good idea. once, i marked a review "abusive" accidentally because the response was really the abusive one. heh-heh.

also, on an unrelated note to what i have quoted, i might get banned for a couple of my more recent reviews (the ones saying to look at my profile), but just understand that the "crime" is what annoys/disgusts me so much about the "convict". everything else, though, is more of a joke than anything else.

Speaks-Softly
Speaks-Softly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 16:57:41 Reply

At 3/12/05 01:36 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
I encourage all our users to be on the look out for reviews that violate our REVIEW GUIDELINES and mark them as ABUSIVE.

Wade,

What I would really like to see is for you to address all the abusive material in both the submissions and the author comments. I know it's almost unthinkable to you guys, but maybe you should screen stuff before posting it.

I know I'm new, and I know this violates a main premise of this site. But for me, some gay guy who loves animation, I have to sit through about 300 instances of abuse every day when browsing this site. It gets REALLY old, and don't expect me to sit still for some of this "you're gay, you deserve (or get) a bullet in the head" crap that's expressed all over the place here. Talk about abusive!

After reading the abuse policy a bit ago, I realize that I've been less than perfect in adhering to this policy, but now that I have looked at it carefully, I plan to be more careful. I do write a lot of reviews, but as a writer who is only beginning to work on animation, it is natural for me to do so. Also, if you review my comments, I think you will agree that they overwhelmingly are made in order to provide constructive and specific critique.

I very strongly urge you to consider this issue. This is very serious, especially given the audience and volume of this site. At a certain point, it is not reasonable or acceptable for your policy to be NEARLY ANYTHING in a flash is ok, but that a viewer is supposed to be banned for being upset by and responding to the outrageous homophobia. IT is certainly tyrue that many of the things I see over and over every day are not tolerated when it comes to racial content.

Please consider your policies more thoroughly, as there are serious inconsistencies. If you feel I am mistaken or misunderstand aspects of your policy, please contact me to clarify.

Let me also say that I really don't want you guys to get all politically correct. I'm tough, and I can take it, but don't expect me not to dish some out in response under these circumstances. Frankly, my biggest worry is that you will ban me for letting loose on some of these losers who shoot gay guys and "retards" or whatever, when we all know who the real gay retards are (to use the common vernacular). (By the way, your BBS policy, which is more specific, is more right on target in my opinion.)

Thanks.

Xiivi
Xiivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 17:02:23 Reply

Haha, I'm sure many people will enjoy whistle point fests jumping at all the abusive reviews that may have just opened up for us all. >:D

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature
DrMoxley
DrMoxley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 17:23:48 Reply

yes,I had reveiws banned months ago. I just got silver,and hope new power to RM will let them ban people altogether when they are malicious. edn

sean0395
sean0395
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 17:53:01 Reply

did any one see how math teacher2 came out like 10 seconds after math teacher1 they were both blammed.

Blingo
Blingo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 18:25:36 Reply

oh dear... just seen the first abusive review i've seen in a while.. how ironic. some people never learn

Pilot-Doofy
Pilot-Doofy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 18:46:45 Reply

How come every NG news post is like a TV commercial? lol The signup link always manages to be slapped in there.

KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 18:52:09 Reply

Sometimes an author's responses are pretty abusive. Are there any plans of adding an "Abusive" button for an author's replies?

I suck.

Damea
Damea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 19:01:07 Reply

Ahhhh! I can't post anymore! What'd I do?

masterchief2888
masterchief2888
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 19:20:31 Reply

Don't let this make you nervous about flagging reviews that you feel violate our guidelines. It would take several users to make the same mistake, so usually this only happens to people who are truly malicious and trying to cause trouble.

I hardly pull the whistle cause im nervous that i might not be doing the right thing. Hope i get it right ,when it is abusive...

masterchief2888
masterchief2888
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 19:22:16 Reply

At 3/12/05 06:52 PM, KupaMan wrote: Sometimes an author's responses are pretty abusive. Are there any plans of adding an "Abusive" button for an author's replies?

Thats true some guy wrote i should get ass cancer lmfao isnt this abusive? I was like omg when i saw his post ..I wish i could ban him... >:O

Grecoism
Grecoism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 19:53:35 Reply

hey my wistle leval is bronze now thats really cool

Grecoism
Grecoism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 20:22:17 Reply

i saw i guy submit the same movie twice in a row am i suposed to blow the wistle on both or just the second one

Headwind
Headwind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 20:38:15 Reply

At 3/12/05 08:22 PM, Grecoism wrote: i saw i guy submit the same movie twice in a row am i suposed to blow the wistle on both or just the second one

It's impossible to vote on the same submission twice with the same account. It is either that you have a problem with your computer or the guy used two account with names that look like each other.

Magmadragonn
Magmadragonn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Review Bans & Abusive Reviews 2005-03-12 20:53:30 Reply

theres some guy whos abusive but the movie was blammed and there is no abusive button under the review, should i email wade or tom or somethin?