Respond to this Topic
rich-man298
rich-man298
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 9th, 2005 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Re:Hey Tom,hope you read this! I might be the only 9 year old you see at Austin. Thats right! a realy smart kid who knows about sites like this! Well,see you there

rich-man298
rich-man298
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 9th, 2005 @ 06:51 PM Reply

Ops! forgot to post something. where is the place? i know where Austin is,but where is the place?

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 9th, 2005 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 3/7/05 03:12 AM, HairydragonballZ wrote:
At 3/6/05 08:09 PM, gfoxclock wrote:
But that'd be a great feature for users to have access to, yes, if they don't have time to go reading tons of pages in threads to find replies to them. If I don't have much time but I want to see if anyone's replied to me in the topics I commonly go to, I just do a CTRL-F on each page and type in "gfox," though. That tends to work.
I'll try that, thanks for the long response
I just felt the need to suggest it.
I know it would be too hard to do, but it would be nice.
((maybe if you had the "html"
within the date and time of the quote
that would relay the info to the golds menu,
that way multiple quotes wouldn't be a problem))

No problem, man. Hm. I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean (you want there to be HTML in the quote line (the At [time], [person] said: line) so that it's easier to implement that system? Hm...

At 3/9/05 06:51 PM, rich_man298 wrote: Ops! forgot to post something. where is the place? i know where Austin is,but where is the place?

Tom said where it was in the first post of this topic... I think.

IIRC, it's the corner of 4th and Trinity, downtown Austin, in the Convention Center Annex. Top Floor.

This is all from memory, though. I'm going to be doublechecking Tom's post (and the SXSW site) before I leave Houston for Austin. I suggest you do the same.

In other news...

Isn't ANYONE going to Austin that I actually KNOW? Damnit. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
xxleftyfootxx
xxleftyfootxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 9th, 2005 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 3/9/05 06:51 PM, rich_man298 wrote: Ops! forgot to post something. where is the place? i know where Austin is,but where is the place?

its downtown, over on ceasar chavez is, like where the frost bank building is. Its not that hard to miss.

Star-of-Mexico
Star-of-Mexico
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 10th, 2005 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 12:10 PM, TomFulp wrote: This Sunday, expect the site to be down from 8am until as late as noon. Tim will be taking Newgrounds off-line to make some big hardware changes. This could take as little as an hour, but it may take up to four hours before the site is back on-line.

ATTENTION SAN FRANCISCO

If you live in the San Franciso Area, please come out to the Independent Games Festival Pavilion at Moscone Center during the Game Developers Conference. The Festival is open to the public and is FREE. We will be there with Alien Hominid and Edmund will be there with Gish! Dates are March 9th - 11th from 11:30am to 6:30pm. I won't be available on Friday the 11th, however...

ATTENTION AUSTIN, TEXAS

I am flying direct from San Fran to Austin, Texas, where I am speaking at the South by Southwest festival. Although registration is required for most of the conference, my speech is FREE, so come on down if you are in the area! I will be speaking at 7:30PM on Friday, March 11th.

EXACT INFO:

"The SXSW Interactive Festival is hosting a FREE presentation from Alien Hominid developer Tom Fulp at 7:30 pm on Friday, March 11. This presentation occurs on the top floor of the annex of the Austin Convention Center. Enter at the 4th and Trinity corner of the building."

The SXSW Schedule is available on-line, as is more Information about the Game Developers Conference and the Independent Game Festival.

Remember, both events are FREE, so come say hi! I would especially like to see people in Austin who can come ask questions! I'll feel more comfortable if there are NG fans in the room.

Dude! If you somehow end up hanging around for a week, fatboy slim is playing on thursday the 17th at 12:30 (am) at Stubbs. you can get the address at sxsw.com . It's all ages, but you need a wristband or a gold badge. A wristband's 150 buckaroos, but you can see all you want on wed, thurs, and fri, for no extra cash. Rock on South By!

Davidizdirt
Davidizdirt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 10th, 2005 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Crap! i finally got a flash maker and newgounds only takes .swf files

xxleftyfootxx
xxleftyfootxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 10th, 2005 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 3/10/05 03:06 PM, Davidizdirt wrote: Crap! i finally got a flash maker and newgounds only takes .swf files

err, that is totally off topic. export it as a .swf

kalzac
kalzac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 11th, 2005 @ 06:52 AM Reply

crap,,, i didnt even know about this event in san francisco,,,,, i was bored on thursday with nothing to do,,, i couldve gone. but without tom being there on friday, i kinda lose any incentive to go,,, oh well,, maybe ill go anyway,,, its something to do. thats what i get for not reading the front page posts frequently enough. congratulations on all the awards you guys won, behemoth, and chronic logic, woot, newgrounders, of course.

TheTengu
TheTengu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 11th, 2005 @ 01:00 PM Reply

And you are gay!

Sig by: CUBrt

BBS Signature
s8-up
s8-up
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 11th, 2005 @ 09:00 PM Reply

Sup pplZ i got blamed yesterday how long exacluy till i can post a nother movie

Cellulum
Cellulum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 11th, 2005 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 12:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:

ATTENTION AUSTIN, TEXAS

I am flying direct from San Fran to Austin, Texas, where I am speaking at the South by Southwest festival. Although registration is required for most of the conference, my speech is FREE, so come on down if you are in the area! I will be speaking at 7:30PM on Friday, March 11th.

EXACT INFO:

COOL!
I met TOM FULP!
(Nice guy)
And thx Mr. Fulp for answering my questions!

xxleftyfootxx
xxleftyfootxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 11th, 2005 @ 10:51 PM Reply

Yeah, me too ! Tom Fulp = Awesome, I got Alien Hominid autographed, and I have a bedn picture. =)