BBS Signature
AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:16 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 08:09 AM, jonthomson wrote: Not down yet...

What? Huh!? I'm still here?

Kofla
Kofla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:16 AM Reply

In this interruptions of new grounds you could have a Lite version with the 50 tops animations or thomething like that to watch. You know the consecuences of take out the drugs for a day

VeryProudofYa
VeryProudofYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:17 AM Reply

This is puzzling.

I know a drugstore cowgirl, so afraid of getting bored.
STREET SHARKS! THEY'RE JAWSOME
Radiogrounds raped my father

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 08:09 AM, jonthomson wrote: Not down yet...

Hmm, Tom has seriously scared away all of the flash animators and scared some of the users. The site should've been down half an hour ago. What's going on?

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

fatjoe151
fatjoe151
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:35 AM Reply

yea whats up, its still on at 1.30 gmt?
very weird

BornConsumeDie
BornConsumeDie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:39 AM Reply

meh its all good

...Kilroy was here

BBS Signature
BlackVivi
BlackVivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:40 AM Reply

It could be any minute now *exciting* LOL
Or maybe Tom has overslept, so he could be in his bed right now rofl

VeryProudofYa
VeryProudofYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 08:40 AM, BlackVivi wrote: It could be any minute now *exciting* LOL
Or maybe Tom has overslept, so he could be in his bed right now rofl

did you mean tim? I ask because you could have easily made a typo. Or did you think Tom was the one switching the servers?

I know a drugstore cowgirl, so afraid of getting bored.
STREET SHARKS! THEY'RE JAWSOME
Radiogrounds raped my father

BBS Signature
BlackVivi
BlackVivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 08:42 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: did you mean tim? I ask because you could have easily made a typo. Or did you think Tom was the one switching the servers?

Oh yea that's true lol
let's say they both are in bed yet ^_^

fatjoe151
fatjoe151
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:01 AM Reply

well an hour has passed

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:17 AM Reply

Is the downtime allready over?

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 09:17 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Is the downtime allready over?

It hasn't started yet. It's been over an hour late now. It'll go onto one and a half hours.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

BatDan
BatDan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:51 AM Reply

It's almost two hours since it was supposed to start. Will there be any downtime today, can I get an answer so I can play video games for the next four hours.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 3/5/05 03:17 PM, brendanmulv22 wrote: enough of the nostalgia. Keep up the good work and if you want to, I'll mail you the article (postal service so you can put it in your secret scrapbook). email me or message me or whatever you do.

I picked up a copy already, but thanks! :)

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 01:18 AM, AzianBum wrote: By the way, is this your first time to Austin?

Yup, this will be my first visit to Austin!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Terminator
Terminator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 09:20 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 3/6/05 09:17 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Is the downtime allready over?
It hasn't started yet. It's been over an hour late now. It'll go onto one and a half hours.

For anyone who hasnt seen the new announcement yet, go here for an update on the downtime.

BBS Signature
poindexterstone
poindexterstone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 12:18 PM Reply

Hey, glad to hear Tom will be in Austin for SXSW. I'm stationed at FT. Hood TX in the Army, and that'd be f'n awesome to go. Hope to see some Newgrounders there. Maybe i'll come in a fucked up army uniform.........and a cowboy hat.......heh heh...

poindexterstone
poindexterstone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 12:19 PM Reply

Heh....this is my 100th post....cool

But anyway, what time is Tom speaking?

RK1989
RK1989
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 03:09 PM Reply

Hey,
I was Just Going to say that i dono if it is the cause of this down time but i have been having alot of problems trying to log in. Everytime i try to login the window loads then i put in my info then press login. Then sudenly the window turns black and it sayes not responding when u go into Ctrl Alt Delete in windows machines. i am checking and asking why this is because i am unable to vote or get my grounds gold points which i was going everyday until this started. I hope the server Admin will fix these problems fast so i can go on voting for flashes i like and dislike. I would like to also find out why this has happened to me. I also wonder if anyone else has had this problem with login. Can the site Admin reply to this message to keep me uptodate on anything surounding this issue. Also Anyone else who has this problem Can you tell me eathr by email or through NewGrounds.

Anyways Hope this problemis solved fast or i will not be useing newgrounds.
Also if my account has Been Blocked by Admin i want to know why!!!!!!!!!

:( RK1989 = the_king_is_in_da_house_60@hotmail.com :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrostedMuffins
FrostedMuffins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Programmer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 3/5/05 05:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Lots of things

Wow, you really have a lot of time on your hands to always be posting these long and factual posts. And your experience/blam/saves points are incredible! Anywho, when will we be informed of the five winners? I really want to know and I'm tired of waiting! I'm so impatient, whatever.

poindexterstone
poindexterstone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Hey man, if you're looking for something to do while in Austin, check out a place called "The White Rabbit". Great shows every weekend. Should be an online schedule somewhere. Might google it. But major and minor names are always playing. Check it out. If ya want, contact me @ 580-917-0476.
---Casey Stone---

gfoxclock
gfoxclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 3/6/05 03:25 AM, HairydragonballZ wrote: I would love it if they had an area in the Golds menu
where you can see if someone quotes one of your posts
rather that going through all the topics/pages to find it

just like the "responses only" in the reviews

I'm not sure if the way BBS posts are currently archived in the database... would allow for such a search method to be non-intensive. I mean... I could certainly see a way of adjusting the system so that such a system is easily doable... some sort of marker would have to be added to the post id#s instead of just a counter... that would indicate to whom the post was in reply to. The problem there is... plenty of times (like in this very post I'm making) people reply to more than one person at a time. And they can't very well respond in all of the "reply-with-quote" windows at once. They pick ONE of them (or even just do a simply reply-to-topic post after grabbing all the quotes and replying to them in notepad or wherever) and post in that single window.

So... in short, the only way for it to work the way I think you want it to would be for your click to request a search on the BBS for all "At blahgalssahfals, HairydragonballZ wrote:"... and that, my friend, is just as hard on the database server as the BBS text search is, since it IS a BBS text search, basically.

If it could be restricted, say, to only the past 3 or 7 or whatever days' worth of posts... that might be SLIGHTLY better. But I suspect it would be way too overused to be a good idea as things are now, with regard to database server stress, which... as I already pointed out... is what this all comes down to.

But that'd be a great feature for users to have access to, yes, if they don't have time to go reading tons of pages in threads to find replies to them. If I don't have much time but I want to see if anyone's replied to me in the topics I commonly go to, I just do a CTRL-F on each page and type in "gfox," though. That tends to work.

At 3/6/05 07:44 AM, Gilpin wrote: If anyone is going to see Tom speak in Austin let me know we should meet up and go. Esp since I have no fucking clue how to get there lol. If you want to go we can meet up somewhere message me on aim: FatherGilpin and we will talk.

Your profile says you live in Austin... yet you don't know where 4th street or Trinity street are? It's right downtown... Near the famous 6th street music festival (two blocks away, obviously.). Even a silly Houstonian like me knows that.

Just go to the SXSW site Tom's been linking to over and over again in his news posts and his "upcoming schedule" link at the top of the NG frontpage... and find the SXSW map. They probably have a good map of all of downtown Austin and where everything is.

At 3/6/05 08:43 AM, BlackVivi wrote:
At 3/6/05 08:42 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: did you mean tim? I ask because you could have easily made a typo. Or did you think Tom was the one switching the servers?
Oh yea that's true lol
let's say they both are in bed yet ^_^

(GASP)... are you insinuating that Tom and Tim were in bed... together... having an affair... instead of fixing up NG's hardware?! How dare ye!

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!
blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature
gfoxclock
gfoxclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 08:12 PM Reply

At 3/6/05 03:09 PM, RK1989 wrote: Hey,
I was Just Going to say that i dono if it is the cause of this down time but i have been having alot of problems trying to log in. Everytime i try to login the window loads then i put in my info then press login. Then sudenly the window turns black and it sayes not responding when u go into Ctrl Alt Delete in windows machines. i am checking and asking why this is because i am unable to vote or get my grounds gold points which i was going everyday until this started. I hope the server Admin will fix these problems fast so i can go on voting for flashes i like and dislike. I would like to also find out why this has happened to me. I also wonder if anyone else has had this problem with login. Can the site Admin reply to this message to keep me uptodate on anything surounding this issue. Also Anyone else who has this problem Can you tell me eathr by email or through NewGrounds.

You can clearly log in while you're making a post, though, can't you.

So... you can:

A) log in to NG each time you need to by making a post, like you just did. When you make that post, you had to provide your username and password... and that logs you in. RIGHT AFTER MAKING YOUR POST, try going to the portal and voting. See if you can get experience. If you can't, you've got even bigger problems.

B) you can try to figure out what's wrong. Having problems with the signin/GG menu screen is... quite whacked, though. Try going directly to this URL in your main browser window instead of the pop-up:

http://www.newgrounds.com/gold/login.php

C) you could reinstall your web browser, hoping that that fixes the problem.

At 3/6/05 04:34 PM, frostedmuffins wrote:
At 3/5/05 05:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Lots of things
Wow, you really have a lot of time on your hands to always be posting these long and factual posts. And your experience/blam/saves points are incredible! Anywho, when will we be informed of the five winners? I really want to know and I'm tired of waiting! I'm so impatient, whatever.

Well, thanks for the compliments ya gave me right there, but... I must protest that first of all, I'm not ALWAYS posting long and factual posts. Some of the time I'm posting long and silly non-informative posts. And MOST of the time I'm not posting at all. I tend to post on the BBS between once and three times a week, on 1-3 days per 7 IOW. Not all the time, IOW........ and secondly, I type text at around 100 wpm, so it doesn't exactly take me forever to post the longassed post you're referring to from the previous page of this topic. It hardly took any time at all, in fact.

The exp and blams and saves you were admiring in my main account's profile take WAY longer to get than I spend on posting in this BBS nowadays, that I can assure you. Though once upon a time (early 2003), I used to post here more often. Nearly daily. Ahhh, those were the days. Now my only daily NG visit... is to teh wonderful Flash Portal.

As I've said three times now, I think, we'll just have to be patient about the flash contest winners for February 2005. Tom will post 'em when he can post 'em. He's going to be very busy once Tuesday comes around, and he's probably very busy right now, so... hopefully he'll squeeze it in somewhere between now and Tuesday.

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!
blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature
supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 6th, 2005 @ 09:01 PM Reply

i got an email from nintendo.com with alien hominid being first under hot titles. good job, tom!

xxleftyfootxx
xxleftyfootxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 7th, 2005 @ 03:03 AM Reply

Yay, your coming to Austin!! Ill see you there

HairydragonballZ
HairydragonballZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 7th, 2005 @ 03:12 AM Reply

At 3/6/05 08:09 PM, gfoxclock wrote:
But that'd be a great feature for users to have access to, yes, if they don't have time to go reading tons of pages in threads to find replies to them. If I don't have much time but I want to see if anyone's replied to me in the topics I commonly go to, I just do a CTRL-F on each page and type in "gfox," though. That tends to work.

I'll try that, thanks for the long response
I just felt the need to suggest it.
I know it would be too hard to do, but it would be nice.
((maybe if you had the "html"
within the date and time of the quote
that would relay the info to the golds menu,
that way multiple quotes wouldn't be a problem))

Shikyoh
Shikyoh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 7th, 2005 @ 11:33 AM Reply

Earlier about not knowing where the place was.... Sorry I looked at the website and once I saw the building I was like oh duh :P I just started working nights and when I read shit in the morning my brain isn't working sorry :P

Cellulum
Cellulum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Sunday Downtime Mar. 7th, 2005 @ 04:00 PM Reply

IM GONING
im SOO glad i live in Austin!!!!!

cooldude78
cooldude78
  • Offline.