darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-11-28 00:58:36 Reply

At 11/26/09 01:22 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
But yea, Nightelves are by far my favourite race, I have a Nightelf Priest, Warrior, Druid, Hunter. All female to of course. They are closesly followed by Undead females but still horde so don't have :(

Turns out I am saving the money to get a transfer to a pvp realm. Anub Arak to be specific. After I hit 80 of course.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-11-30 09:50:06 Reply

At 11/28/09 03:21 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Fuck WoW, it's shit and you don't know it unless you played since Pre-BC (Vanilla).

Well, I'm just going to announce that I've started playing again. I wasn't very active on my last attempt at playing WoW, and actually only lasted a few weeks before just never going back to it. The only reason that I've decided to start playing again is due to me having nothing to do until after new year now. My classes are finished and I only have the one exam this semester, so WoW seems like a pretty enjoyable way to kill some time when the only technology I have for entertainment is my MacBook Pro and some books.

Anyway, if anyone is interested playing with me, just PM. I started a fresh character but my other old ones are only like lvl 15 anyway. I'm an Orc Warrior playing in the Nordrassil realm. I'm only level 9 right now, so it would be nice if there were any other people on this server with a new(ish) character.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-11-30 22:56:26 Reply

I dont see why starting in TLK makes me any less of a player than someone from classic, I might not have played as long but I still put everything into making my year play more than a lot of players. You can complain people get gear to easily, EoC / EoT emblems and epics from toc heroic and ICC when it comes out. But it still takes good players to be able to do the raids into heroic and hard mode difficulty.

Also only mages and rouges? Infact I would say mages were easy and rouges are only as hard as other classes. But whatever people who play them always complain they are the hardest or most skillful.

Anyway my original point is, not to care about at what time you started as if you got good you would have gotten good regardless of when you started. Classic would have been annoying anyway as the instances and most raids then are boring, but I would have loved starting in TBC instead of TLK. I love Outland yet sadly nothing happens there anymore and if it does its to easy.

On another note anyone know when ICC is suppose to be starting? I hear different times from different people.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-02 19:45:23 Reply

At 11/28/09 03:21 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Fuck WoW, it's shit and you don't know it unless you played since Pre-BC (Vanilla).

If you hate WoW, don't post here.

Also, not getting a realm change either, lol.

71 now, half way to 72.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-03 21:30:08 Reply

I've been playing 4-5 days now and I've just hit level 20. Just bought my first mount as well.

Never thought I'd see myself getting back into this game, but I think I'm staying for a while this time around.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-03 22:49:22 Reply

At 12/3/09 09:30 PM, GodsBitch wrote: I've been playing 4-5 days now and I've just hit level 20. Just bought my first mount as well.

Never thought I'd see myself getting back into this game, but I think I'm staying for a while this time around.

Mounts cheap and at level 20 :/ Then really cheap at level 40. I had to Outland quest into 64 by the time I could afford epic mount.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-05 13:55:06 Reply

At 12/3/09 10:49 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Mounts cheap and at level 20 :/ Then really cheap at level 40. I had to Outland quest into 64 by the time I could afford epic mount.

I'm not complaining. A lot of people tell me that the game was better some time ago. Maybe it was, but I didn't play it then so I have nothing to compare to or wish I could go back to. I'm liking WoW a lot better this time around. I think I originally started playing soon after my birthday, which would be late January or early February. I didn't like WoW all that much back then, just because I couldn't get into it, not that I thought the game was bad.

I think I'm currently at either level 22 or 23 and I did my first dungeon last night, which actually felt like quite an accomplishment after getting through it, even though it wasn't all that hard since I left it a little later than intended.

BBS Signature
Matalore
Matalore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-05 15:50:14 Reply

Lvl 80 Belf hunter
yes a belf hunter.......
i like belfies XD
the picture in my sig links to my armory page... i need gear BAD

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
by Lazarus Long

BBS Signature
Matalore
Matalore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-05 15:53:49 Reply

At 12/3/09 09:30 PM, GodsBitch wrote: I've been playing 4-5 days now and I've just hit level 20. Just bought my first mount as well:
Mounts cheap and at level 20 :/ Then really cheap at level 40. I had to Outland quest into 64 by the time I could afford epic mount.

i had the same problem lol
didnt get cold flying training till 80

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
by Lazarus Long

BBS Signature
Charon
Charon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-05 17:11:40 Reply

At 12/3/09 10:49 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Mounts cheap and at level 20 :/ Then really cheap at level 40. I had to Outland quest into 64 by the time I could afford epic mount.

lol just wait until you hit 70, 5000g for flight skill and 100g for the mount, then you have to pay 1000g for cold weather flying if you want to use it in northrend

hi i have a level 74 DK on EU saurfang

Minion of the Metal Hell
Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-06 02:37:19 Reply

At 12/5/09 05:11 PM, Charon wrote:
lol just wait until you hit 70, 5000g for flight skill and 100g for the mount, then you have to pay 1000g for cold weather flying if you want to use it in northrend

hi i have a level 74 DK on EU saurfang

After being 80 for ages I eventually got swift flying, I got cold weather on 77 as the northrend quests give stupidly high amounts of gold. Then I gave my shaman swift flying cutting me down by 5k again, then I gave my warrior swift ground mount 1 week before they were made cheaper which was annoying, then gave her swift flying as well. Mount wise I must have spend in access of 20k just for learning the skills with characters. I am glad I use gold for fuck all so still have a lot from selling crusader orbs :p

Gold wise I only found issues at low level due to lack of gold from things, but lately the AH makes low level herbs and the like expensive so low levels can get good money now again which I missed out on. I used to do dailies at 80 for money but ever since I geared up all EoT gear I just started selling crusader orbs for about 1k gold each now. All I end up buying is flasks and repairs and vanity stuff so I tend to always have good money now.

I still remember when i lacked the gold to do stuff though, those days sucked. Having to wait 6 levels for a mount after being able to use it or not being able to upgrade gear etc. That is one thing that is nice being able to get gold easier now and have some things cheaper, but at the same time some things are stupidly expensive. On Azuremyst the price of Frostlotus sky rocketed long ago from about 15-20g to 40g+ and since frostlotus is used for the raiding flasks that really screwed people over.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-06 12:01:30 Reply

My druid is 71, and I changed his name to "Body" instead of "Imorph" I haven't been able to play for two days though.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-06 16:21:11 Reply

Well, since I'm on a study week and only have the one exam which my lecturer said is pretty much "fail proof" I have a lot of free time on my hands, which is the reason I got back into WoW in the first place. Not sure how many levels I can progress, but I'm hoping to stick with WoW this time around and hit 60 before buying the Burning Crusade.

Should I wait until I hit 60 before getting this expansion, or would you recommend that I get it earlier? Either way, I hope to get it at some point, then move onto the Linch King.

I currently love WoW. Never thought I'd say that.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-06 23:25:48 Reply

At 12/6/09 04:21 PM, GodsBitch wrote: Should I wait until I hit 60 before getting this expansion, or would you recommend that I get it earlier? Either way, I hope to get it at some point, then move onto the Linch King.

I currently love WoW. Never thought I'd say that.

I'd get BC when you hit around 50. Because you wanna hit Outlands around 58. Then hit NR around 68.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-07 06:26:18 Reply

At 12/6/09 11:25 PM, darkblackman wrote: I'd get BC when you hit around 50. Because you wanna hit Outlands around 58. Then hit NR around 68.

Any reason why specifically levels 58 and 68? It seems a little precise, so I'm assuming there is some reason behind it.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-07 07:26:57 Reply

At 12/7/09 06:26 AM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 12/6/09 11:25 PM, darkblackman wrote: I'd get BC when you hit around 50. Because you wanna hit Outlands around 58. Then hit NR around 68.
Any reason why specifically levels 58 and 68? It seems a little precise, so I'm assuming there is some reason behind it.

Mainly because the first mobs you kill in Outlands are 58-60 and in NR they are 68-70.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-07 18:44:39 Reply

At 12/7/09 07:26 AM, darkblackman wrote:
Mainly because the first mobs you kill in Outlands are 58-60 and in NR they are 68-70.

Actually can kill mobs before, but the quests in outland start at level 58, if below that they are unattainable and you cant enter the dark portal until level 58. The same with Northrend except for you can get to Northrend before 68 but you cant get quests before then.

Personally I would suggest getting TBC and TLK as soon as possible if you are planning to play both. Both of them are useful to have around, for example use Dalaran for portals to all main capital cities and get proffesions higher level. Also you might get some help from people to get you into outland / northrend before you expected. You can't enter Outland or Northrend without expansions which include Sanctuary cities and flightpaths etc.

If not sure if you want to play WoW a lot, you might want to put off TBC until level 50s and TLK until 60s. Either way don't wait until level 60 to get TBC or 70 to get TLK, as those 2 levels from 58-60 go so much quicker in Outland. Far better gear from the Hellfire quests as well.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-07 22:55:58 Reply

Actually can kill mobs before, but the quests in outland start at level 58, if below that they are unattainable and you cant enter the dark portal until level 58. The same with Northrend except for you can get to Northrend before 68 but you cant get quests before then.

Well that kinda ruins the point, why grind to level when you can level faster by questing in all the areas instead of being impatient?

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-08 06:11:31 Reply

I will probably wait until I've hit the 50+ levels with my character before buying TBC. I mean it's not all that expensive anymore, so that's not an issue but it seems a waste if I was to buy it now and then stop playing WoW before I was able to make use of it.

I do still rather enjoy playing WoW now and again, but it does feel to be getting a little repetitive. Most of the quests I seem to get are either "go and kill X number of these creatures" or "go and kill this boss creature" or "walk miles to find this guy and talk to him, only to have to walk miles again and kill something".

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game but it's starting to lose its spark for me. I'm hoping to find someone of the same level as me to partner up with and try working on quests together but it's hard to come across someone who is willing to stick with you for more than the one quest they are struggling to get done alone.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-08 08:05:06 Reply

At 12/8/09 06:11 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I will probably wait until I've hit the 50+ levels with my character before buying TBC. I mean it's not all that expensive anymore, so that's not an issue but it seems a waste if I was to buy it now and then stop playing WoW before I was able to make use of it.

I do still rather enjoy playing WoW now and again, but it does feel to be getting a little repetitive. Most of the quests I seem to get are either "go and kill X number of these creatures" or "go and kill this boss creature" or "walk miles to find this guy and talk to him, only to have to walk miles again and kill something".

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game but it's starting to lose its spark for me. I'm hoping to find someone of the same level as me to partner up with and try working on quests together but it's hard to come across someone who is willing to stick with you for more than the one quest they are struggling to get done alone.

I'd gladly partner up with you and level on some toons, I use vent and everything, and I can just make a character I'll use to play with you.

Also, maybe you should try another class if you aren't enjoying the game, I am a druid on my main as you probably read, and I love it. I would've never imagined I'd be playing one instead of a hunter.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-08 09:38:35 Reply

At 12/8/09 08:05 AM, darkblackman wrote: I'd gladly partner up with you and level on some toons, I use vent and everything, and I can just make a character I'll use to play with you.

Also, maybe you should try another class if you aren't enjoying the game, I am a druid on my main as you probably read, and I love it. I would've never imagined I'd be playing one instead of a hunter.

I quite enjoy playing as a warrior. If you are interested in playing with me, then give me a PM at some point. I think my character is currently at level 23, thought I've not been on and properly played for a couple of days now.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-08 12:14:23 Reply

At 12/8/09 09:38 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I quite enjoy playing as a warrior. If you are interested in playing with me, then give me a PM at some point. I think my character is currently at level 23, thought I've not been on and properly played for a couple of days now.

If you make a character on my realm (Garrosh US) I can supply us with some gold.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-08 13:13:04 Reply

At 12/8/09 12:14 PM, darkblackman wrote: If you make a character on my realm (Garrosh US) I can supply us with some gold.

Gold isn't an issue for me, in the event that I really need some I know a guy who told me to just ask him for an amount. On the other hand, I don't really want to make a new character and I'm also playing on the EU servers.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-09 21:59:24 Reply

At 12/8/09 01:13 PM, GodsBitch wrote:
Gold isn't an issue for me, in the event that I really need some I know a guy who told me to just ask him for an amount. On the other hand, I don't really want to make a new character and I'm also playing on the EU servers.

EU > US servers, they just are.

Also new patch, I personally find the changing of the loot window and the position of the map icons etc on the mini map very annoying as I got used to how they normally are. The New pug system seems ok so far I have avoided shit pugs but sooner or later the bg pugs will end up ruining it. The ICC dungeons / heroics are surprisingly hard and fun, had some trouble in the opening boss of the hall of memories due to my healing spec, good for tanks shit for 5 people taking heavy damage together. The boss music for the first boss in the first of the 3 dungeons was fun and the finale in hall of memories was fun and new, running for my life.

BBS Signature
EternitySpent
EternitySpent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Melancholy
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-10 15:58:13 Reply

At 12/9/09 09:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The boss music for the first boss in the first of the 3 dungeons was fun and the finale in hall of memories was fun and new, running for my life.

lol, I know right. I moonfired the Lich King, my life in WoW is now complete.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-13 12:11:40 Reply

Ding 73 on my Druid!

Recently changed my off-spec to Feral tank, while my main is still feral dps and I am doing very well with it.

RocketFromtheCrypt
RocketFromtheCrypt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-14 19:50:03 Reply

Yeah currently I am arcane on my mage I was thinking if I should make a frosty. I crit for 12k my life is now completed.

"I like to spikes punches and other things"

BBS Signature
RocketFromtheCrypt
RocketFromtheCrypt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-14 20:00:51 Reply

Hello I am play Nazarule on Earthen Ring
I am a level 80 Undead mage and half played for two year and a half
What can I say I like being dead and making other poor bastard dead
I like my mage and do see as anything else
Reason why I like mages
Free Fod
Port to any Capital City
Insane Dps
Looking good in a dress
Lastly fun
I do not like lock reason being that after level ten when get a vw they become boring and skill to play decrease I may be wrong there. I just find a warlock boring to play soloing a lock is blast but overall a yawn for me.

World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club

"I like to spikes punches and other things"

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2009-12-14 22:13:27 Reply

At 12/14/09 08:00 PM, RocketFromtheCrypt wrote: Hello I am play Nazarule on Earthen Ring
I am a level 80 Undead mage and half played for two year and a half
What can I say I like being dead and making other poor bastard dead
I like my mage and do see as anything else
Reason why I like mages
Free Fod

English please?

RocketFromtheCrypt
RocketFromtheCrypt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate