Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-24 08:53:33 Reply

At 11/24/05 08:46 AM, Anarchy_Burger wrote:
What class? You do realise there are characters running about at level 60+?
ok, ok im sorry, but the cap is level 60...i know this was a while ago...but hey.

The level cap is 60 for now. When they realease 'The Burning Crusade', the cap rises to 70, complete with all new quests, area maps, a new BattleGround and other features. I posted this within a few days of the news announcement, so you have me a little out of context.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
RogueLink
RogueLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-25 11:15:20 Reply

Hey i'm a WoW fan can I join up?

48 tauren druid Shadow Moon , 46 Orc Shaman Shadow Moon , 28 Gnome Loc Smotherthorn

Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-25 12:47:55 Reply

Yay, my troll shaman is almost level 17! shweet!!! >_<
anyways, i'm gonna go level.. :)

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm tumblr

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-28 08:46:34 Reply

At 11/25/05 11:15 AM, RogueLink wrote: Hey i'm a WoW fan can I join up?

Welcome

At 11/25/05 12:47 PM, -LeftFootFirst- wrote: Yay, my troll shaman is almost level 17! shweet!!! >_<
anyways, i'm gonna go level.. :)

Keep going, you've got a long way to go to reach 60 (but it'll be 70 by the time you get there.)

At 11/26/05 06:28 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Screenshot.

Alterac Valley? you've clearly been enjoying yourself. Would you ever make a second character? Which race and class?

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-28 14:28:04 Reply

At 11/28/05 01:19 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I will probably never do another char, but if I would it would probably be a female undead Warrior. I never saw any. Level 60 in less than 30k xp :) I should hit it tonight or tomorrow morning :D

So you've got a level 60, just banking the rested bonus for when the Burning Crusade is released. Any idea for a date on that?

I will post a pic of all my equipement, inventory, talents and skills then.

I shall be prepared for much sickness. You are going to pwn anything that any of my characters have (though my highest level is currently 46)

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-29 04:25:52 Reply

At 11/28/05 09:23 PM, FBIpolux wrote: May 2006, officially.

Great! I might have one charactert of about level 60 by then.

I have still no epic items though :( I'll need to do lots of Molten Core raids :P

Well what are you doing positing here?! Chop chop, get raiding!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-11-30 15:15:23 Reply

At 11/30/05 02:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I've hit 60 :o Screenshots later ;)

Congrats. I want to see some epic items by Saturday.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-01 05:45:45 Reply

At 11/30/05 05:14 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I will have a Hide of the wild at that time ;)

Good for you. If I knew what it did, I might be even more impressed

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-02 08:36:14 Reply

At 12/1/05 06:30 PM, FBIpolux wrote: That was crazy. Lots and lots of 60s in Orgrimmar.

That is beyond crazy. That is certifiably mental.

Hide of the wild.

That's a nice piece of kit, though the cloaks always get understated, because you can get the sergeant's cloak from the quatermaster which has 4 times the armour value

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-06 11:34:49 Reply

At 12/6/05 10:19 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Makes the mount look a little like 'Battle cat' from the Masters of the Universe cartoon.

I got the cloak last saturday. Now all my flash heals are beyond 1000 :D

A flash heal of over 1000? Wow, that's more HP than my 40th level mage (without equipment)

He's only got a total of about 1700 with all of his extra stamina bits.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Liljon56
Liljon56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-06 17:32:41 Reply

hmm..oow an may i join :)
well anyways..me an my dad always...used 2 play wow and it was easy pwnin things when u got 2 accounts however.....
he got 2 lvl 60 with his hunter edge (?)
i ended up with a lvl 45 fighter raginbull
however he got so bored!!
it was gd game an all but once u hit lvl 60 it was pointless
we wr both hoard but when we walked into ogrimar an looked around, every lvl 40 ude see would hav phantom blade or ude see 7 ppl wit lord alexanders battle axe!
it was so borin however the gameplay was quite nice so i wont complain but we got 1 account left on that an 2 accounts each on daoc (dark age of camelot)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-07 06:16:42 Reply

At 12/6/05 05:20 PM, FBIpolux wrote: And my greater heal's critical hits are among 4500.

That is a major pwnage on the healing front, but that's what you priests do.

At 12/6/05 05:32 PM, Liljon56 wrote: hmm..oow an may i join :)

Yes you may, welcome aboard.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-09 04:32:20 Reply

At 12/8/05 11:49 PM, FBIpolux wrote: World of Warcraft is a feeling.

Some people have far too much time on their hands. I keep finding that as Silouain, my Female Night Elf Hunter, all the guys keep flirting with me. EVEN THE GNOMES!

Thank Elune that I don't wear a skirt.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Demosthenez
Demosthenez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-09 05:21:57 Reply

Laffytaffy (lol I love that name :P )
Cant remember server
Level 22 atm (hey, I started playing a week ago)
Mage

I gotsa question. What is the downside of using need all the time? People just dont like you if you do it? Like lets say there is a way awesome drop (super rare) and I hit need. Why should I care? I want it more than I care about my reputation.

Is it just way frowned upon?

At 12/9/05 04:32 AM, Coop83 wrote: Some people have far too much time on their hands. I keep finding that as Silouain, my Female Night Elf Hunter, all the guys keep flirting with me. EVEN THE GNOMES!

Thats real wierd.

Some people need to venture outside and hit on real chicks.

Think if I was an Orc chick people would hit on me?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-09 07:59:44 Reply

At 12/9/05 05:21 AM, FAB0L0US wrote: I gotsa question. What is the downside of using need all the time? People just dont like you if you do it? Like lets say there is a way awesome drop (super rare) and I hit need. Why should I care? I want it more than I care about my reputation.

Well, everyone else might feel the same way and usually you would all roll greed, since you will be selling it. If you are going to select need, I'd expect you to use that item straight away. I kicked a guy from a party, because he rolled need on an item in the SM which he 'needed for an alt.' If he needs it for an alt, he should either roll greed (I needed it, so he wouldn't have won it) or quest with the alt, which needs it.

Is it just way frowned upon?

I frown upon it, because one guy got really agressive towards me, since I was rolling need, then donning the items. I think because I was disenchanting the old items I removed, he was thinking I was disenchanting the item I just won.

Some people need to venture outside and hit on real chicks.
Think if I was an Orc chick people would hit on me?

I think that they mainly hit on the Night Elves, because they are 'secksi' I just ignore them, laugh at them or be scathing.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DivineRob
DivineRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-09 21:13:10 Reply

Awesome I wasn't sure if there was a club for WoW or not, but there is! That's good because I just started playing again after almost one year (I got the game last Christmas). I have two questions for you experienced players.

1. What is the best class?

2. What kind of video/graphics card would you recommend because mine is really out-dated?

I have some kind of crappy one that has never been heard of and it's built onto the motherboard. It also doesn't allow smooth play like I've seen in many WoW videos online (I understand there is such thing as "lag", it happens in every game, but it happens A LOT in WoW). I was looking at the nvidia GeForce cards.

Thanks in advance. I think I might have to reformat my computer because my mom downloaded some virus that has corrupted some files that creates lots of pop-ups for random sites. So this is why I was thinking about getting a new graphic/video card (I would get one anyway).

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-10 10:39:51 Reply

At 12/9/05 09:13 PM, DivineRob- wrote: Awesome I wasn't sure if there was a club for WoW or not, but there is!

Welcome

1. What is the best class?

it all depends on what you want to play as. I like Paladins, Mages and Hunters, while FBIPolux is a Priest fan. all classes have their strengths and weaknesses

2. What kind of video/graphics card would you recommend because mine is really out-dated?

NVIDIA GeForce is probably your best bet. Just make sure it's a fast one. I'd also reccomend at least 2MB of RAM, just so it stops your own computer's lag issues.

the main problems with lag occur in the main cities. Blizzard is taking steps to cure this, by making the auction houses accessable from all cities, thus taking the main pressure off Orgrimar and Ironforge.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Xcyper33
Xcyper33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-10 11:39:35 Reply

Hey WoW clubs!!! I want to join!

I'm: Razuki lvl 34, Human, Paladin

Server is: Windrunner.

I actually had this game for a long time. But ever since I moved my graphics card broke down and I can't play my game right now. Which resulted in my account being frozen. I'm getting me a HIGH end graphics card this christmas and I will start paying through my account again. So you'll see me before 05 is over!

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature
DivineRob
DivineRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-10 19:47:28 Reply

At 12/10/05 10:39 AM, Coop83 wrote: Welcome

Thank you!

it all depends on what you want to play as. I like Paladins, Mages and Hunters, while FBIPolux is a Priest fan. all classes have their strengths and weaknesses

Yea, I was playing a Tauren Druid and got him up to level 13 and decided that I might not like it so I went on the human path and became a mage. I like being a mage so far.

NVIDIA GeForce is probably your best bet. Just make sure it's a fast one. I'd also reccomend at least 2MB of RAM, just so it stops your own computer's lag issues.

Yea I'm getting a nVidia GeForce 6200 or 6800 for Christmas because my current one just isn't cutting it. It's like Intel 845GL or something along those lines.

the main problems with lag occur in the main cities. Blizzard is taking steps to cure this, by making the auction houses accessable from all cities, thus taking the main pressure off Orgrimar and Ironforge.

I understand lagging there, but I lag when I am walking in unpopulated areas on a not highly populated realm. It gets really bad for me where I have to zigzag to stay on bridges where I see other people just walk nonchalantly across.

Today I reformatted the computer that I play on because one of my parents seemed to have downloaded a serious virus that corupted my system files. Right now it's up and running I just need to get my product key from my uncle and then I'll be back on WoW.

Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-10 19:59:11 Reply

At 12/10/05 07:57 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Welcome to the new members.

On another point, I will have no internet for a couple of weeks so my PvP ranking will go low :'(

I have now 3,400 Revered reputation with Orgrimmar. 17,600 more to go until my Epic Mount. I'm buying a Wolf :D

I like wolfies ^_^

my shaman is so close to 18!! I want to cry!!!

BBS Signature
Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-10 23:09:21 Reply

At 12/10/05 08:48 PM, ShadowPriestPolux wrote:
At 12/10/05 07:59 PM, -LeftFootFirst- wrote: my shaman is so close to 18!! I want to cry!!!
You should create a character on Thunderlord :)

Is that where you are?

I'd be glad to :)

BBS Signature
DivineRob
DivineRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-11 16:34:44 Reply

I'd just like to show you the specs on my current HP pavilion computer and you can tell me what to upgrade to get better gameplay with WoW. Right now I'm getting a GeForce 6200 for Christmas. I'm thinking about doing something with the RAM.

http://h10025.www1.h..ocname=bph07768#N397

Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-11 22:00:02 Reply

Polux, I'll make a character in Thunderlord tommorow ok? I just gotta clean my system up :)

BBS Signature
scrier
scrier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 02:50:16 Reply

I want to join. I got a 15 Orc Rogue on Doomhammer.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 09:08:19 Reply

At 12/10/05 07:47 PM, DivineRob- wrote: Yea, I was playing a Tauren Druid and got him up to level 13 and decided that I might not like it so I went on the human path and became a mage. I like being a mage so far.

Mages and priests both are popular for the instances, since priests heal (very well in Polux's case) and mages can bring down most enemies of a few levels higher without letting them anywhere near you.

Today I reformatted the computer that I play on because one of my parents seemed to have downloaded a serious virus that corupted my system files. Right now it's up and running I just need to get my product key from my uncle and then I'll be back on WoW.

Sweet, that'll be a great boon for you :D

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Twizzmer
Twizzmer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 10:01:27 Reply

well i used to play it and i had a level 27 orc warrior but i just cancelled my subscription as paying monthly for it just became to much hassle

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 11:37:55 Reply

At 12/12/05 02:50 AM, scrier wrote: I want to join. I got a 15 Orc Rogue on Doomhammer.

Welcome. Have you tried any of the battlegrounds yet? Though you can only access the Warsong Gulch, I'd still reccomend giving it a go, as it's great fun.

At 12/12/05 10:01 AM, Twizzmer wrote: well i used to play it and i had a level 27 orc warrior but i just cancelled my subscription as paying monthly for it just became to much hassle

I pay every 6 months, which barely makes a dent in the old bank account now.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DivineRob
DivineRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 16:09:25 Reply

At 12/11/05 09:48 PM, ShadowPriestPolux wrote: I don't want to download anything so I'll show you another way to show specs.

Hah I'm sorry for the confusion but I didn't mean my character specs. I was talking about my computer so I'll just post them here.
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Pentium 4
Chipset: 845G
Memory: RAM (standard) - 512MB (Max 1GB)
Hard Drive: 80GB
DVD Drive: 16x
CD-RW Drive: 40x10x40
Video Graphics: On motherboard integrated into chipset

I know I need to upgrade my video card, but what else? I was also looking at a hardware comparison video on GameSpot and it had a comparison between 256MB RAM, 512MB RAM, and 1024RAM (the test was flying on a griffin). The griffin would freeze forever on a 256MB and on the one that I have (512MB) it was ok but it was a bit choppy (froze sometimes). On the 1024RAM, it was smooth flying.

At 12/12/05 09:08 AM, Coop83 wrote: Mages and priests both are popular for the instances, since priests heal (very well in Polux's case) and mages can bring down most enemies of a few levels higher without letting them anywhere near you.

Yea I have a level 12 Human Mage now.

Sweet, that'll be a great boon for you :D

Yep. But once I get a better video card it should be even better :)

Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 17:57:34 Reply

My name is Doramir Im a Hunter Dwarf lvl 30 Medivh server. just wanted to let you know. whats this club all about?

DivineRob
DivineRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to World Of Warcraft (Wow) Club 2005-12-12 18:43:05 Reply

At 12/12/05 05:57 PM, kla_kla wrote: My name is Doramir Im a Hunter Dwarf lvl 30 Medivh server. just wanted to let you know. whats this club all about?

I don't know if I should answer that question. :) *cough*World of Warcraft*cough*