derp

DJRunaway
DJRunaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 2/28/05 04:57 AM, xcloudx wrote: Woo numa numa rocks!

Ah, finally, a tutorial section.

No, numa numa doesn't rock, the friggin' song was #1 here for 20 weeks :S

Anyway , the tutorial section is something I've been whining about for about a year, and finally... It's here :D Once again, thanks for puttin' my tutorials there :)

Fanmail anyone ;) ?

AGH
AGH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 2/28/05 06:58 AM, DJRunaway wrote: Fanmail anyone ;) ?

Check out the first few lines in this
list. ;)

totoum
totoum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 2/28/05 06:58 AM, DJRunaway wrote:
At 2/28/05 04:57 AM, xcloudx wrote: Woo numa numa rocks!

Ah, finally, a tutorial section.
No, numa numa doesn't rock, the friggin' song was #1 here for 20 weeks :S

Anyway , the tutorial section is something I've been whining about for about a year, and finally... It's here :D Once again, thanks for puttin' my tutorials there :)

Fanmail anyone ;) ?

yeah in france that stuff was #1 for 2 or 3 month and was in the top 50 from may to october it made me sick

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:45 AM Reply

At 2/27/05 12:40 PM, viruscorpslll7 wrote: i agree

Wow, I just read through your posts and your a big time spammer. Anyway I'm going to start flash. I think it's about time I contribute to this site so this is a helpful thread for me. I don't know if I have the patience to make a whole movies though, it takes soooooo long.

GunningSoul
GunningSoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 10:56 AM Reply

I fucking hate Numa Numa.
And I guess it's now official, everyone loving that piece of total ass shit can now be labelled as ''fucking tasteless''.
Thank you, NY times sucks ass.

alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 2/27/05 12:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: Yesterday was probably the highest traffic day in the history of Newgrounds! We had over 2.7 million Portal views and over 550,000 unique visitors (we usually have around 450,000 on a Saturday).

Newgrounds is really entering a "new era". You'll see. In about 5 years, everyone who will have access to a computer and an internet connection will know Newgrounds.com. The only thing that saddens me, is that here in France, not many people know Newgrounds. I try to show it to most of my friends and everything, but doesn't seem to be working out. I would love to see articles about it on magazines and everything... Oh well. I'm going to buy some furniture and then go out in the streets with it and people will be all like "hey, but isn't that NG ?". Hehe.

It's amazing how far everyone is coming with Flash. We'll need to make further front page adjustments to accomodate all the worthy submissions.

Hell yeah !
The new people out there are really really great. They totally rock. Each and everyone of them. There are also the "veteran animators", who still rock, of course. But still, as you said, it's getting harder and harder to even pass judgement, I won't even talk about getting an award ! It's just about luck I guess, and submitting on the right day.
I think you should add more "trophies" such as "Daily top 10th" and stuff. You know what I mean I guess. And you should indeed make some Front Page adjustments, so many things deserve to be there ...

I play lottery. I always lose.
LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature
Jast
Jast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Everytime anyflash gets famous i get pissed because its always an insult to all the "good" flash i have seen in my life. Milk and cereal or those korean kids were alot more entertaining then numa numa. I saw it and had to reformat my HD cause i felt dirty. Im only happy for numa numa because it brings tom some much needed hits as well as revenue(everyone loves money) I got pissed off when that john kerry bush video came out to. we all know there were alot of better parodies. I think I might be feeling the same way gary does when i say they are just patronizing him and exploiting him. Good content never makes it anywhere because people just want to see people make idiots of themselfs and the media is more then happy to shove it down their throats .And that has always pissed me off. ya its good clean fun but the media doesent see it that way and it pisses me off. Did i mention it pisses me off. Well thats my 2 cents. And totaly aim me at glbyjst if you think im wrong.

DJRunaway
DJRunaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 2/28/05 07:17 AM, AGH wrote:
At 2/28/05 06:58 AM, DJRunaway wrote: Fanmail anyone ;) ?
Check out the first few lines in this
list. ;)

Very nice job :) Why didn't Tom notice that ? (Tom replies: "Because I'm a busy man! Busy making Newgrounds better, busy getting some more money and busy drinking beer!")

totoum
totoum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 12:33 PM Reply

"is that here in France, not many people know Newgrounds. I try to show it to most of my friends and everything, but doesn't seem to be working out. I would love to see articles about it on magazines and everything... Oh well. I'm going to buy some furniture and then go out in the streets with it and people will be all like "hey, but isn't that NG ?". Hehe."

i'll keep it in english, but i've seen lots of french sites featuring NG stuff
and i can swear that one of the sites i go to was created by a member of NG: i found some NG content on his site

NG has content for anyone: from the madness series to "there she is" and i think that's why it is so popular

and if you look at the first reviews numa wasn't getting a really high score, i still can't understand how people find it funny

pc2games
pc2games
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 12:34 PM Reply

500mbps thats fast

Potski
Potski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 2/28/05 12:34 PM, pusscat2 wrote: 500mbps thats fast

600 is faster.

PrinceFoamy
PrinceFoamy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 02:36 PM Reply

LOL!
I loev a lot lot Numa Nuuma, it's so awesome!
I onlywish now that Foamy would B in frontpage LOL

HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 03:17 PM Reply

NY Times, Good Morning America. It's insane how much attention he's gotten. For a product or service to be in spots like that they'd have to pay close to a million dollars. But he's rejecting the attention.

I can see it now, Brolsma Work Out Tapes, Brolsma Halloween Masks, Brolsma Bobblehead Dolls, Brolsma Glasses! He's got a free ticket to money ville and he's not cashing in. I'm glad Newgrounds was mentioned in the article too. Just wish the sites the mirrored the Numa Numa dance could be stopped.

I don't know what's wrong with him," his grandfather, Kalman Telkes, a Hungarian immigrant, said the other day while taking out the trash.

lol alley interviews. I wonder if the reporter was hiding in the trash can.

characters remaining 5,744

px hulk.

BBS Signature
Parasoul
Parasoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 03:28 PM Reply

It was hilarious the first time I saw it but I really don't understand why it is becoming such a phenomenon. This isn't something that should make The New York Times period...it is mind boggling that it made the front page.

Always-Dark
Always-Dark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 2/27/05 12:36 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: How did that movie get such a media blitz?

I ask myself the same question everyday...

Opium-Fields-Forever
Opium-Fields-Forever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 04:49 PM Reply

You know, with all this traffic and buzz that Numa Numa Dance is generating, and seeing how it's actually hurt Gary, I think he should be an automatic for winning prize money this month, even if he did submit the movie in December.

Rocketboy13
Rocketboy13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 05:16 PM Reply

I wonder, would these front page ajustments include adding a daily and weekly 6th place to accomodate the large flow of quality product? Maybe a new catagory of submissions, the top three games per day/week and the top five animations for the day/week?
But what the fuck do I know?
Numa Numa, an annoying signal flare for Newgrounds, to show the world the true power of flash animation. How bout that?

UncivillizedFrog
UncivillizedFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 05:22 PM Reply

make a n00b flash portal for users with little or no batting average.

alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 2/28/05 12:33 PM, totoum wrote: i'll keep it in english, but i've seen lots of french sites featuring NG stuff
and i can swear that one of the sites i go to was created by a member of NG: i found some NG content on his site

Really ?
Well I didn't know that...
I know that some members are french, but I don't think we have such a "big French community" here in NG as if it was an Australian community, you know what I mean ? People aren't that interested. The only thing I saw so far, is in the "ENTREVUE" magazine, a little article about Xombie. That's it.
But if you say so, I believe you dude ! :)

I play lottery. I always lose.
LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 2/27/05 12:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: Tired of hearing about Numa Numa Dance yet? Too bad... It was on the front page of the NY Times this Friday! Crazy, eh?

That IS crazy, yes... heh.

Speaking of Numa Numa Dance... I saw the VH1 Best Week Ever that featured Numa Numa... that was entertaining as well.

Also... Where the heck did you get the video of the class (looked more like a computer-equipped study hall to me, though) all dancing along with Numa Numa on a projected screen? (as in, do you know what state it was from, or anything else about its origin?)

And finally, last thing regarding Numa Numa--you should add this wonderful Numa Numa/River City Ransom crossover flash to the Numa Numa collection, even if it's not video-ful:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/221104

The good news about all this publicity is, it drives more eyeballs to everyone elses work as well. Yesterday was probably the highest traffic day in the history of Newgrounds! We had over 2.7 million Portal views and over 550,000 unique visitors (we usually have around 450,000 on a Saturday).

I'm not very surprised. The amount of signups over the weekend was greater than 1,000 per day. The most signups I've EVER witnessed per day (and I check the usercount in our profiles every day, so... yeah. #;-}>). Massively impressive.

Unfortunately, 50 or so accounts were created early this morning to do nothing but spam a virus .exe link all over the review system. ramagi got a few of the early ones, and I banned the final 39 accounts before they finally gave up and stopped for the time being. I think all this new publicity and Numa Numa related traffic is leading to an even more concerted effort by the clickgame + virus link spammers to get their stupid URLs out. It fills me with dismay. But anyway, I just hope that the other 950 of the 1000, aside from those stupid 50 accounts I just mentioned... are indeed going to be continuing NON-ABUSIVE users of Newgrounds.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
MeChAdRaGo0n
MeChAdRaGo0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 06:19 PM Reply

First off, The Numa Numa blitz is unfortunate for that kid, but c'mon, after Star Wars Kid you got too know better about doing things in fornt of a camera. All in all, the is a great thing for Newgrounds, it is a huge step forward from that little site I went on when I was 8 too see ame where you killed a merger of the backstreet boys faces and Teletubbies bodies. This press blitz could very well lead too another golden age for the site.

VegasScorpion
VegasScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 07:03 PM Reply

I think that the media attention that newgrounds is getting is great (there is no such thing as bad press!) With the surge of new members and visitors to this site, I think it would be a great idea to have a second and seperate site for people trying to develop their Flash skills. You could move all the tutorials from this site on their and alow people who are not quite pro yet to have their movies posted there without being blamed just because their skill level isn't quite up there yet. I am sure it is discouraging always being blammed for something you worked really hard at. I know I would benifit from a site like this. Although I have been to school for graphic design, I am still learning Flash. And you know someone eventualy will get around to developing such a site, why shouldn't it be newgrounds?

NodX5
NodX5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 08:06 PM Reply

yay w00ters to the ng community! let us grow and become our own nation of NEWGROUNDS HOME OF THE FLASHES!

Harpo-1
Harpo-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 08:58 PM Reply

Another thing is that over time different people become better known and more respected, therefor newer submitters (I being one of them) feel looked down upon.

2b r not2b lawl

BBS Signature
gene-goldstein
gene-goldstein
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 08:58 PM Reply

Not to say young artists can't compete - the creator of Proto and Sanitarium is only 16 years old, the same age I was when I started Newgrounds and I didn't have 1/10th his talent!

Well, I'm only sixteen and I have my own Flash cartoon....WHY DON'T I GET RECOGNITION!?!?

I'm just kidding.

Harpo-1
Harpo-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:02 PM Reply

That numa numa class thing, i saw that on a DOD clan forum about 1 1/2 weeks before it was on NG, i thought about posting a link in the forums but everytime i post links i get banned

2b r not2b lawl

BBS Signature
slasher33
slasher33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:06 PM Reply

Nice, good luck with whatever you said.

AGH
AGH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 2/28/05 09:06 PM, slasher33 wrote: Nice, good luck with whatever you said.

Lol. Trying to get your post count up?

Hamslice
Hamslice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NYTimes front page, etc. Feb. 28th, 2005 @ 09:43 PM Reply

all the fame made gman sad :( in the NYtimes it said all he does is mope, poor guy