00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are my flash movies so big?

820 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-23 10:20:53

I use images in a lot of my flash movies, like real photos. I put 14 Osama pics in my newest movie, put in the full song "My Sacrifice", and a gunshot wav, and it says my file size is about 8 megabits. I have seen movies like mine that are around 400kb. How do I get the file size down?

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-24 01:53:47

lower the jpg/mp3 quality...

if you are playing the whole song in the movie, of course the file will be big ;0

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-24 02:54:25

set you song to stream in your sound panel, and convert your images to low end .png's

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-24 10:55:30

At 2/23/02 10:20 AM, doodytheclownfan wrote: I use images in a lot of my flash movies, like real photos. I put 14 Osama pics in my newest movie, put in the full song "My Sacrifice", and a gunshot wav, and it says my file size is about 8 megabits. I have seen movies like mine that are around 400kb. How do I get the file size down?

i have this problem to :O

Why are my flash movies so big?

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-26 09:10:04

At 2/23/02 10:20 AM, doodytheclownfan wrote: I use images in a lot of my flash movies, like real photos. I put 14 Osama pics in my newest movie, put in the full song "My Sacrifice", and a gunshot wav, and it says my file size is about 8 megabits.

This doesn't sound like a movie I will bother watching.

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-27 19:50:11

This doesn't sound like a movie I will bother watching.

i am going to have to agree on chinny on that one, pics of osama and a file named gunshot.wav hmm if i think about that a little longer i could come up with the entire plot of the game.

but since i am nice i will share some of my newly aquired knowledge with you, in hopes you may beefit NG with higher quality movies some day. everyone seems to have the problem of importing a full sized mp3 into flash an having a high file size, but i will explain what someone else already said in more detail. basically import your mp3 and drag it into a frame from your library, double click on that frame and in the sound panel change event to stream. keep in mind that with stream you must provide the flash movie with enough frames to play that entire song. Also give the song it's own layer. for the pics, don't worry much if they are jpgs but if they are bitmaps, copy and paste them into paint, and save them as jpgs.

Response to Why are my flash movies so big? 2002-02-28 03:33:35

ya can people stop with this osama shit? nothing was new after the idiots STARTING making them o look heres a new way to "kill" him no my movies better cause i have more pictures oooooooooo yaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhh dumbasses