Respond to this Topic
0peth
0peth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 21st, 2005 @ 10:20 PM Reply

The bills must be expensive 4 so many users. This may bring popularity to the site or my bring greed

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature
H3110M0T0
H3110M0T0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 21st, 2005 @ 10:49 PM Reply

That sounds cool and sweet. Hahaha i like the icon now . . . tis da shit. You are too geneorous Tom, but I'm sure this will inspire some great work. . .hey the money might enthuse some.

authenticsimpson
authenticsimpson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:44 AM Reply

I was wondering, would the people that win get to have a special award in theri profile/ on their flash, or would they just get to be in a special collection on the site? Either way, that would be nice.

0peth
0peth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 22nd, 2005 @ 10:14 AM Reply

wtf y did the font change all of a sudden?

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature
Zictor
Zictor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 22nd, 2005 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Bad move if you ask me... It'll turn loads of people into money hungry artists etc and will create a load of conflict and stuff... and judging on how many friends you've got to vote for you too.... Well... at least you can try it ;)

skipallmighty
skipallmighty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 22nd, 2005 @ 08:10 PM Reply

well this is a good and bad i dea meaning its a double bladed edge. Its good in the fact that it will push people to make better flash but for what reasons....and it will mean people getting more competitive which means people will hate the people who are in the top 50 all the time(e.g. legendary frog).And thats just one of the bad points people as you have said ' do it for the money' and thats not what newgrounds is all about and i like that. Maybe rules and guidelines will really come in handy for this situation
-skip

pistoldisco
pistoldisco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:12 AM Reply

What if somebody under the age of 18, say someone who's like 15, made a totally frickin' awesome Flash animation? Would like not give a damn about that animation or would you be like "you would have got the 250$ if you were three years older....to bad for you boy". Either way, that part sucks but I understand its mostly about ligall issues and stuff...

FUCKFUCKFUCK
FUCKFUCKFUCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:42 AM Reply

I have an idea to prevent stolen flashes. Anyone can steal an .swf, but to edit a flash you must have the .fla, you could require the artist to submit the .fla or have specific guidlines. Like it must have their name in the movie...

FUCKFUCKFUCK
FUCKFUCKFUCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:49 AM Reply

Sorry if I repeated another post, I dont have time to read all 12 pages...

ToneAdsit
ToneAdsit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 23rd, 2005 @ 04:07 PM Reply

"Now, with the whole legal issue a cheque can be issued to a minor. A cheque CAN NOT be issued to a minor within law if it is based off a contest. The was to avoid this? it's not a contest. Now say if you were selecting 5 flashes from the portal (not judged by quality etc) at random - then issuing said cheque would indeed be illegal. But the fact remains that this is not necessarily a contest. This is parying someone for quality work within a pool of submissions.

A perfect example of this is when I do designs/webdesigns/screen printing for a band. Usually it starts off as the band asking, say 20 people to make a design/whatever. Say they postes it on a forum, "<insert band name here> is looking for some new merch. We are currently looking for designers and designs. Anyone interested please submit to [email protected]". They then go about selecting the top designs and those who are selected will receive the money and recognition. Of course sometimes I am directly asked... but this is still a popular choice to get a little variety within the designs.

This is basically the case with this "cash for flash" idea. You (aswell as the independant voting team/authors in the pool selected/ however this is decided to be chosen) are looking through multiple submissions ans selecting the top five (just as if a band were selecting the top designs) and issuing them the money and regonition for having the highest quality/best work.

Hey, and if not... some other suggestions would be...

1. Make the "minor prize" product. Whether it be signed Wall prints, AH figures, T-shirts, you name it. Giving product toa minor has absolutly no legal issues (unless of course its... a dildo.... or a mysterious envolope titled "nakey tommy tom")

2. Set up a $250 USD credit at the NG store. I know I, aswell as alot of people would love to receive that just as much as cold hard cash.

etc. etc. etc.

Either way - that's just my two cents. I know you'll figure something out and like I've said before; I'm stoked to see how this runs through.

much love,
-AlAdsit
xoxo"

There are some really solid ideas in there.

I think you should take a look at that for sure, Tom.

Take a look at the original post on page 11.

alix-es
alix-es
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 24th, 2005 @ 06:54 PM Reply

I think its a great idea. I've got alot of respect for the way that the money you make is given back to the people that have made this website possible.

DrEggman
DrEggman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Cash for your Flash Feb. 27th, 2005 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 2/18/05 06:53 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/18/05 06:45 PM, arab_alt wrote: Is it just $250? I was hoping it would be more...
Flash by arab_alt:
- none -

I don't think it really matters for you. :)

that was kinda mean dude