Tomii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 16:02:23 Reply

Everyone, can I have your attention?

Everyone is going crazy about the "Numa Numa Dance"

but he WASN'T the first one to dance and sing to this song, AND HE WASN'T THE FUNNIEST!

This guy, was THE FIRST and THE FUNNIEST! he is dancing AND singing to the same song as the guy above, but well.. you'll see the differece :)

http://www.drakeshangout.com/video/hilarious/german.htm

This was released long before the "Numa Numa Dance" so he should be called the real "Cyber Star"...

Twitter: @TommyElfving

TPOTEOZ
TPOTEOZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 16:04:16 Reply

Im Just Wondering why this flash is run on newgrounds, ebaumsworld, and albinoblacksheep one hundred times a day?
Why's it so popular?
Isnt It Japaneese?
Is Gary really singing it?
And one of the most important questions you will hear:

Does Wade Fulp Think I'm Cool, or for that matter Tom?
(Im a great fan of fulpfiction)

-Uba

Lycurgus1985
Lycurgus1985
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 16:33:44 Reply

At 2/19/05 04:02 PM, Tomii wrote: Everyone, can I have your attention?

Everyone is going crazy about the "Numa Numa Dance"

but he WASN'T the first one to dance and sing to this song, AND HE WASN'T THE FUNNIEST!

This guy, was THE FIRST and THE FUNNIEST! he is dancing AND singing to the same song as the guy above, but well.. you'll see the differece :)

http://www.drakeshangout.com/video/hilarious/german.htm

This was released long before the "Numa Numa Dance" so he should be called the real "Cyber Star"...

No, he shouldn't. He made my eardrums deteriorate and fall out of my ears he's so terrible! Not to mention the trauma he caused me. o.O

King
King
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 18:23:48 Reply

Numa Numa dance is over rated...I'm sorry it's just not THAT funny. It's alright but I mean Salad Fingers beats the crap out of it.

Bleh.

DeathByDrowning
DeathByDrowning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:03:06 Reply

http://mapage.noos.fr/martialro/ozone/video.html

in this Video Did anybody else see Freddy Kruger?

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:11:24 Reply

At 2/19/05 03:49 PM, Matrix_DX wrote: Bleh back to my suggestion, would it be possible to double the amount of front page slots in the future sometime? I mean I am not really asking for me but for the majority of decent artists who never get front page exposure when they really deserve it, anyways again Good job to Gary I was hoping to see his reply in this thread while reading 8 pages of replies :)

We may find ways to get more content featured on the front page, but we are working on things that will allow us to feature all of our content much better. We'll have more showcases that are frequently updated, so they will be frequently checked by our visitors. This all takes time, so hang in there, it will be worth the wait. :)

I see your total views for all your works is around 111,000. Have you ever been featured on the front page? If not, that's pretty damn good exposure don't you think? :) Sure it's not a million views, but not everyone is going to get that, even if we feature them on the front page. Are there any other sites that have given your work more than 111,000 views? Or close to that?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:16:17 Reply

At 2/19/05 04:04 PM, UberDudeOk wrote: Im Just Wondering why this flash is run on newgrounds, ebaumsworld, and albinoblacksheep one hundred times a day?
Why's it so popular?
Isnt It Japaneese?
Is Gary really singing it?
And one of the most important questions you will hear:

This Flash originally started on Newgrounds.com. After is became popular here all the other sites you listed stole it from us and hosted it on their sites.

I don't know why it's so popular. When I first saw it I was like "WTF?!" but then I had to watch it again, and then again, and then it was getting addicting. The song is pretty catchy in a gay way, and may have a lot to do with the success of Numa Numa Dance. The song is a proven hit from Europe, and being exposed to many American's for the first time helped it to explode.

It's Romanian, Gary is just lip synching, and I don't know if you're cool or not.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Matrix-DX
Matrix-DX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:23:06 Reply

At 2/19/05 09:11 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
We may find ways to get more content featured on the front page, but we are working on things that will allow us to feature all of our content much better. We'll have more showcases that are frequently updated, so they will be frequently checked by our visitors. This all takes time, so hang in there, it will be worth the wait. :)

I see your total views for all your works is around 111,000. Have you ever been featured on the front page? If not, that's pretty damn good exposure don't you think? :) Sure it's not a million views, but not everyone is going to get that, even if we feature them on the front page. Are there any other sites that have given your work more than 111,000 views? Or close to that?

Hehe , well I submitted a few of my works to flash player and that site is pretty neat too. I got well over 200,000 views total so yea its not that bad ;)
I just hang around Ng a lot more so you know =P

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:36:37 Reply

At 2/19/05 09:23 PM, Matrix_DX wrote: Hehe , well I submitted a few of my works to flash player and that site is pretty neat too. I got well over 200,000 views total so yea its not that bad ;)
I just hang around Ng a lot more so you know =P

How many views have you gotten on Flash Player? Keep in mind they pretty much ripped off NG, are faceless (who runs it? Not a great Flash artist like Tom Fulp), and they have scripts that spider Newgrounds and spam our Flash Artists with emails asking them to submit their work to their site anytime someone submits content here. We don't like to bad mouth the competition, but some of these guys are pretty creepy. Hopefully most of our artists won't support sites like this, they have no soul.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Matrix-DX
Matrix-DX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:44:35 Reply

I can see how you would view it that way but I look at it like a back up option in a way, like my Mafia Bros movie almost everyone I showed absolutelty loved it but unfortunatly on NG it only got like 7,000 views because a certain individual that day used proxies to get his movie daily feature and bump mine down but anyways , on flash player it has 72,000 views which kinda made up for the loss on Ng so I mean I can see how you say it's an NG rip off but at least it adds a bit off a chance incase you know?

Matrix-DX
Matrix-DX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 21:46:28 Reply

Oh and yea trust me you'de be suprised how many Ng titles I have seen pop up on this site as well, yea...A LOT of NG artists are visiting , thats for sure. =S

reedcp
reedcp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-19 22:25:54 Reply

http://mapage.noos.fr/martialro/ozone/video.html

this is acutally way funnier than numa numa dance, in a gay way!

Iron-Forrix
Iron-Forrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 02:21:54 Reply

Linkage if it hasnt been posted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6987134/

thats the report on the numa numa video on MSNBC

bloojam
bloojam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 06:28:56 Reply

At 2/19/05 09:36 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

:"We don't like to bad mouth the competition..."

Could have fooled me! It's not like you said:

:"Haha, yeah really, although it's on there as Ebaum will take anything that's popular and stick it on his site. That's the difference between us."

Now is it?

GothiChaos
GothiChaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 07:06:21 Reply

At 2/19/05 10:25 PM, reedcp wrote: http://mapage.noos.fr/martialro/ozone/video.html

this is acutally way funnier than numa numa dance, in a gay way!

Wow your right man that was INCREDIBLY gay with the transforming jets and horrible lipsync and the guy who just wouldnt keep his legs closed 3 dudes touching and dancing... ick the song is forever tainted, and i thought it was bad when gary did it.I mean wow that was gay!

cr0m
cr0m
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 13:50:34 Reply

I think what really burns everyone about the Numa Numa dance is it was so eaisly done. Not hard to lip sync. Then you have artists such as Adam Phillips and Eric Drobile and Bryan Waterman putting in Hundreds of hours to produce something beautiful. Their work while appreciated around Newgrounds, is unknown to the rest of the world. You yourself Wade have made huge contabutions to this site, And they won't even throw you a bone on the news! The media is really backwards.

BlackVivi
BlackVivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 14:11:41 Reply

Omg, Gary surely have to have great feelings nowadays, as he even got on TV. I wish I were him ^^

deathtoll5000X
deathtoll5000X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 20:29:04 Reply

I am not in the least bit amused... this just goes to once again prove that this society likes to flaunt its no talents like they are the best thing since sliced bread.

This flash fad is gas, it will eventually pass.

Here, Have a cat!

BBS Signature
kirkysomthing
kirkysomthing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-20 22:44:33 Reply

I don't know why everyone hates the Numa Dance, its great, you people just like making fun of fat kids...

Lycurgus1985
Lycurgus1985
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 00:41:16 Reply

Like Rikama posted in the last Numa Numa thread, he made a full music video to the song and I must say it is rather well made and amusing. Here's the link:

http://www.rikarama.com/videos.htm

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 01:00:02 Reply

I'm just happy that newgrounds got its .5 seconds of fame on television. Moving ever closer to mainstream.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
tracerbullet
tracerbullet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 02:09:50 Reply

Aint it so?

TPOTEOZ
TPOTEOZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 12:23:46 Reply

Holy Crap Wade was right Albinoblacksheep is really living off newgrounds! Here's a stolen verison of "There She Is" the famous Korean Internet hit. Just type in the link...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ddautta.php

Whatya Think Wade?

Matrix-DX
Matrix-DX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 14:00:36 Reply

Ummm did you ever think that maybe the person who made that movie submitted it to albinoblacksheep?

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 15:15:43 Reply

At 2/20/05 10:44 PM, kirkysomthing wrote: I don't know why everyone hates the Numa Dance, its great, you people just like making fun of fat kids...

I'm a fat kid myself and I hate the Numa dance too, so......

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 15:18:13 Reply

At 2/21/05 02:00 PM, Matrix_DX wrote: Ummm did you ever think that maybe the person who made that movie submitted it to albinoblacksheep?

Yeah, just like the Numa dance had been spreaded throughout, oh say.... 100 websites and counting.

FrostedMuffins
FrostedMuffins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Programmer
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 16:48:27 Reply

It's funny that people are loving Numa Numa because it has soooo many views, when really, Boobs, Butt, or Shoulder and Dress My Babe have almost 2.5 mil views and Numa Numa only (and by only I mean compared to BBS and DMB) 1.5 mil views. It was kind of funny at first, but it doesn't deserve this much credit. There are people who actually work hard and deserve this but don't get it.

TPOTEOZ
TPOTEOZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 17:01:52 Reply

There's Also a weird japenese music video I saw On AlBINoBLaCKShEEp That was the same song But had a real japanese'ee Feel to it mabey it was the skimpy girl highskool uniforms the plum sake or the RonaldMcdonald on top of a donkey dragging a teddy bear by the neck with a rope. As he waved to a bunch of asians under a japenese flag hmmmm...
I cant seem to find it now but whattya think?

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 18:41:56 Reply

At 2/21/05 05:01 PM, UberDudeOk wrote: There's Also a weird japenese music video I saw On AlBINoBLaCKShEEp That was the same song But had a real japanese'ee Feel to it mabey it was the skimpy girl highskool uniforms the plum sake or the RonaldMcdonald on top of a donkey dragging a teddy bear by the neck with a rope. As he waved to a bunch of asians under a japenese flag hmmmm...
I cant seem to find it now but whattya think?

Den wats the . of saying that if u can't find the link, I couldn't understand what you said.

jackassnsw
jackassnsw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-21 20:27:24 Reply

what i like to know is how does a fat ediot like Gary get so famous for just making a cheap flash of himself lip syncing to some song no one has heard of i mean it doesnt make sence.

BBS Signature