Evan06060
Evan06060
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:21 PM Reply

Ladies and Gents

Here is Gary being goofy at his house for a little fun because he was most likely bored. There is NO reason that you should say "WHAT HOW COULD YOU GUYS THINK ITS FUNNY!" Like someone said before me.. take a chill pill and laugh that it got on National News.. not how "Gay" it is... Geeze.. Its all in fun.. ya dont have to take it so serious..

Hey NG guys, I'm like a second time visiter... I had only been to this site for like 1 time before today... I saw the video on some other website, and loved it... when I saw it on the Today show this morning I was like ::Double look!:: When I watched the story (remember only been here once b/f) I saw they showed a couple of Screen Shots of this web site.. and I saw the Tank and said.. "THATS NEW GROUNDS!" a site I would never recognize... You guys who bash on this video and Call yourselfs New Ground regulars should really appreciate this and respect not only this Numa Numa dance, but all the other Artists who have created humorous and entertaing things with flash and etc.

~Evan

DarkZrobe
DarkZrobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:24 PM Reply

I saw the article on the server problems and just saying that if you ever need a cisco dude I will be certified soon and maybe I can help...

Anyway as always

God Bless
I)arkZrobe

Numa Numa Dance

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 10:13 PM, Killha wrote: And yet...... still no reply {deep sigh}

Because theres a
forum for stuff like that you whiney little bitch.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:29 PM Reply

The link didn't work for me. :(

I'd love to have someone either email me the file, or set up a mirror or something, cause I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

BBS Signature
NGwannabe3
NGwannabe3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:32 PM Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh btw you spelt forums wrong :P

NGwannabe3
NGwannabe3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:34 PM Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 10:32 PM, NGwannabe3 wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh btw you spelt forums wrong :P

Talking to me?

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
NGwannabe3
NGwannabe3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:42 PM Reply

I wish you could edit your posts on these forums, Sorry for my stupidness -_-

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:42 PM, Killha wrote: This Doesn't have anything to do with the numa numa or nu- I don't give a shit. I am posting here because I wan't to know when you are going to bring back Genyu's Blade. I can't find it anywhere in the Newgrounds portal. PLEASE ANSWER BACK!!!!!!!!

Here's your answer:

Whenever the artists who made it decides to re-submit it.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
D0GMA
D0GMA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:42 PM, Killha wrote: This Doesn't have anything to do with the numa numa or nu- I don't give a shit. I am posting here because I wan't to know when you are going to bring back Genyu's Blade. I can't find it anywhere in the Newgrounds portal. PLEASE ANSWER BACK!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'd have answered had I noticed it the last time I was in this thread ... somehow managed to scroll past it. Anywho, the author of the flash ended up in some litigation over it and requested that it be pulled from NG. Shockanime pulled it long ago, and most of the google searches I found that claimed to have it were simply leeching bandwidth off of one of the two.

The entry is in the graveyard now.

DrunkCat
DrunkCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 08:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Our traffic is WAY up today. Numa Numa Dance has currently been viewed over 120,000 times TODAY. This is good for all NG artists because this type of thing brings in a ton of first time visitors who will hopefully stick around and check out other things on the site. Then they will see all the other cool things here and realize that this site isn't just for silly videos.

I'm not treating this as the greatest thing that's ever happened. We've had many things like this happen over the years. We just like to report when there is a big buzz. We were all over the news for all the anti-Usama games, we were all over the news when Kaboom showed up (the suicide bomber game), we were recently in the news about the Oklahoma City Bombing game.

The surge in traffic actually knocked out a bunch of our webservers earlier. I'll attach an image of our bandwidth usage. We were maxing out our bandwidth.

If you can't see how this is good for all NG artists then you're really dumb and have no clue how the world works.

In the below chart you can see our peak usage was about 100mbps higher than yesterday's peak. If you don't think 100mbps is a lot of bandwidth you're nuts. NG used to be a big and popular site when we only had 20-25mbps TOTAL. Today we were using around 560mbps, over our 500mbps limit. We can go over our limit to a degree, but we can run into packet loss and other problems.

You can also see a sharp dip from this afternoon when a bunch of our servers went offline. Still not sure what that was all about, waiting for more details.

Numa apparntly the only one raking this "reward" of new thraffic[No matter how gradual the graph may make it seem]... Hm. Ah well, your site, you can set whatever image you want for it then. Good or bad, that was my two cents. ;) [By the way, I don't hate it; nothing specified really against it, I just like to point irony with some humour.]

shawnhoude
shawnhoude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 10:08 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 10:05 PM, crik8 wrote: NBC should report on the Bill Cosby Fun Game! That's the only real news story that needs to be covered. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
I agree, that fucking game is hilarious. Maybe the news people will come to NG and see it and be like "HOLY SHIT! FOX NEWS ALERT NOW!"

I think not. Fox News hates Liberal Canadians such as myself. But they love Republican Americans like Jeremy Lokken. WHAT WILL FOX NEWS DO?

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1211

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:23 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 11:09 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Numa apparntly the only one raking this "reward" of new thraffic[No matter how gradual the graph may make it seem]... Hm. Ah well, your site, you can set whatever image you want for it then. Good or bad, that was my two cents. ;) [By the way, I don't hate it; nothing specified really against it, I just like to point irony with some humour.]

Dude, seriously. Read your post. What are you basing your statements on? How do you know what kind of traffic the other entries are getting? Yes, Numa Numa is getting more views than any other single entry at the moment, but who's to say how many other entries are getting additional views as a result?

We watch the stats, we know for a fact that when one entry does very well it pulls everything else up with it. We've been monitoring this kind of thing for years. Are you going to sit there and tell me you know more than I do about our traffic patterns? :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
TheMonolith
TheMonolith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:27 PM Reply

Thank god Gary didn't send his video to Ebaum's World.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 11:27 PM, CovertOperative wrote: Thank god Gary didn't send his video to Ebaum's World.

Haha, yeah really, although it's on there as Ebaum will take anything that's popular and stick it on his site. That's the difference between us. Tom took a video that wasn't popular yet and featured it, taking a chance on it, giving the author a chance. After it became popular all the other sites took it and put in on their sites.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 11:42 PM, iLLiCit_JmBd wrote: Wade, did you get my email. If so, can you reply to me so I know you're alive.

Yes, I featured Numa Numa dance with a link back to NG's view page for that movie.

Did you put "Newgrounds Help" in the subject line? I don't see it.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
swive
swive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 11:33 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Haha, yeah really, although it's on there as Ebaum will take anything that's popular and stick it on his site. That's the difference between us. Tom took a video that wasn't popular yet and featured it, taking a chance on it, giving the author a chance. After it became popular all the other sites took it and put in on their sites.

God, I could rant for hours and hours about how much I hate Ebaum's World. I was especially pissed when they took oldeenglish.org's "Hello? Fuck!" video and pasted their name on it. Good thing the guys at oldeenglish sorted it out and ebaum's now has a link to their site on the bottom of the page..

DAMN EBAUMS!

KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:22 PM, ZerostarX wrote: another reminder that top class animators don't get fame unless they're fat.

Hmmm... Well, I'm fat and I can do really stupid, annoying things... If I went the Numa Numa/ SWK way, I could be popular... at the expense of my not only blemished, but destroyed record. You know this Numa Numa kid and SWK will never get anywhere is life because everytime they try to do something, it will always be, "Hey, you're that one fat kid on TV! Hey, fatty, sing a song!"

I suck.

KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 12:18 AM Reply

At 2/17/05 11:27 PM, CovertOperative wrote: Thank god Gary didn't send his video to Ebaum's World.

... And Jesus Wept...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/numanuma.html

I suck.

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 2/17/05 08:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 05:58 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Whoa someone got angry. I'm curious as to how exactly will these NG artists get more exposure as a result of this. I'm pretty sure you won't disagree that NG has already managed a hefty amount of traffic practically every hour now a days. I also skimed through that the news report didn't really mention NG to begin with? Also the flash is about a month old? I understand that NBC wanted to do a story so it was put on the front page but you treat it as it's the greatest thing that's has ever happened to this site when it wasn't even mentioned. I'm also curious if this really has improved traffic by a very noticable amount.\
Our traffic is WAY up today. Numa Numa Dance has currently been viewed over 120,000 times TODAY. This is good for all NG artists because this type of thing brings in a ton of first time visitors who will hopefully stick around and check out other things on the site. Then they will see all the other cool things here and realize that this site isn't just for silly videos.

I'm not treating this as the greatest thing that's ever happened. We've had many things like this happen over the years. We just like to report when there is a big buzz. We were all over the news for all the anti-Usama games, we were all over the news when Kaboom showed up (the suicide bomber game), we were recently in the news about the Oklahoma City Bombing game.

The surge in traffic actually knocked out a bunch of our webservers earlier. I'll attach an image of our bandwidth usage. We were maxing out our bandwidth.

If you can't see how this is good for all NG artists then you're really dumb and have no clue how the world works.

In the below chart you can see our peak usage was about 100mbps higher than yesterday's peak. If you don't think 100mbps is a lot of bandwidth you're nuts. NG used to be a big and popular site when we only had 20-25mbps TOTAL. Today we were using around 560mbps, over our 500mbps limit. We can go over our limit to a degree, but we can run into packet loss and other problems.

You can also see a sharp dip from this afternoon when a bunch of our servers went offline. Still not sure what that was all about, waiting for more details.

well said. All of you guys need to just STFU with all the wining about numa numa. Wade knows more about the site than anyone else here, yet you all are still oposing what he says!? Who cares if you like the video or not, it's getting NG puplicity according to the charts. The reason Wade and Tom are so happy about this is because they KNOW that their site is getting a huge amount of veiws because of a flash that Tom took a risk by putting on the front page. And look what it has done for their site! Just imagine what would have happened if Tom didn't decide to put it on the font page...it would have never gotton the publicity that is has now, tom was the one who decided it's future, and he made a good choice because look at all the veiws it has got.

reedcp
reedcp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 12:45 AM Reply

haha its weird cuz when something like this all the magic card nerds at my school are gonna know about it and sing it all day. this kid jonathan in my class was singing it all last weke I was like "dude wtf I saw that like 3 months ago on ng" and probabely when I get back to school all the nerds are going to sing it in harmony and im gonna be like "fuckin noobs i saw that like three months ago". lol.

magneticdragon
magneticdragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 01:04 AM Reply

Wow. I can't believe how strong peoples opinions are about this. I've only been on NG a short time and have been delighted at the variety of content.
I really think people should chill. The greatest thing about the whole site after all is the variety, which brings something for everyone's taste.
If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch it, so just don't. Why whine about how bad you think it is. Obviously other people don't all agree.
I've seen some submissions that I thought showed great depth and potential quickly blammed, and other stuff that I thought was arrogant crap get by with high ratings. That's just how it should be, cuz how boring the world would be if we all thought the same, then nothing here would ever be new.
Numa Numa is just fun. It's fast, catchy, and making people happy. If it disturbs you, go watch the ones that make you feel happy instead.

TVs-Slayer
TVs-Slayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 01:05 AM Reply

As much as I hate, HATE, numa numa and all that it stands for, gotta give it props for managing to start this cult craze. But for all those who complain, including me, it'll die down and the universe will realign. It was dumb and disposable, and dumb and disposable equals safe. Some people would rather watch a guy giggle his face around for a minute than try to wrap their head around Salad Fingers. Besides, ya gotta admit that numa numa was original, as of before no one had thought of shaking their face around to a techno song. And think of the attention O-Zone is getting. So while the tunnel is very dark, there is light, somewhere, and if I hadn't already forgotten the point of my post, well, kicking and screaming we shall prevail until some other oddball atrocity shows up to upstage everything else. Till then just enjoy the ride.

Hadji-San
Hadji-San
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 01:13 AM Reply

what a load of crap that NG now gets reconized on that flash. when there were many other flash movies out in the interweb that had the same song and stuff that were made before this thing. eh, now that is all over the web, i cant enjoy it anymore, thanks alot NG, bastages.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 02:07 AM Reply

dude...this guy is gonna be so famous

DrkBlueXG
DrkBlueXG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 02:23 AM Reply

"Gary...If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!!!"

Numa Numa Dance

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, NotYouZ wrote: Didn't Tom already make a topic about this? >.>

Yes he did.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

MissKoemiko
MissKoemiko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 04:06 AM Reply

(Ahh, Internet. Bitching at people was never so much fun or widely done until people don't know who you are in RL OMFG.)

Don't suppose Tom or Wade can try to get Gary himself to give us feedback on what he thinks/what's happening in his life?

psycomega
psycomega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 18th, 2005 @ 04:20 AM Reply

My Congrats Go To You Gary,Great Work!