• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:19:21 Reply

"Delivery time for your first video may be up to several hours."

Ho ho ho, i don't think so!

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
frozenpixie
frozenpixie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:21:27 Reply

1)The point is not necessarily that they mentioned Newgrounds or not, but that people are going to search for and share this video, which was originally hosted at Newgrounds (and is the first result for a search of it in Google, I believe).

2)Second point is, this movie is appreciated because it took guts and it represents something all of us fantasize about at some point or another but repress in ourselves to maintain our integrity. It's a symbol of liberation! Try not to get so upset, guys. I don't think this was ever meant to be considered a work of art, or expected to be interpreted that way. Am I right?

SHIT-TANK
SHIT-TANK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:22:48 Reply

yo tom iam a big fan of the site ben going on it for years amd FINALLY!!! you got some attention after kids like us have been doing this kind of shit for years. And if gary reads this i think you should find some more romanian pop songs.

rawr

BBS Signature
Alex719
Alex719
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:26:26 Reply

OMG i cant get that song out of my head!

Numa Numa Dance

CrawlAway
CrawlAway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:31:33 Reply

ok wtf

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/281301p-241042c.html

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6987134/

I-Hate-The-Rules
I-Hate-The-Rules
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:35:19 Reply

Holy shit so this is what newgrounds is famous for around America.............TOTTALLY GAY!!! This is worse Then that April fools day MCdonld Joke i guess now we realy are sell outs....................sad sad sad

cr0m
cr0m
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:49:29 Reply

What an amazing 15 minutes this guy is getting.

cheesballdude
cheesballdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:51:02 Reply

lol, yah, i saw it on nbc, i was like, "hey look the numa numa dance!", lol. anyways nice job on the video

Myrrinth
Myrrinth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 19:52:18 Reply

Heh, you could only imagine the look on my coworker and customer's faces with Gary dancing ^^

Good job Gary, and congratulations on making national news.

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:01:15 Reply

almost 2 hours and yet nobody paid attention to my question

Always-Dark
Always-Dark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:03:30 Reply

At 2/17/05 05:44 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 05:40 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Sad, sad day. This is basically grabing every single talented animator and slapping them with a huge piece of fat. Nice insult to them, I'm impressed.
No it's not you idiot. This is a great day for the NG artists as they will get more exposure as a result of this. Let's face it, a well done Flash entry isn't going to make the news. It's only making the news if it pisses people off or is something silly that everyone is talking about.

How do you think Newgrounds.com got popular? It was from Tom's silly Club a Seal game, Teletubbies, Assassin, etc.

It's things like Numa Numa that help boost our traffic and make Newgrounds.com a better place for unknown artists to submit their work.

Like you said, Newgrounds only got popular because of things that were stupid and that pissed people off. Like things are going, NG is never going to get the respect it deserves.

I mean, what were all those "we trying to get away from adult ads" for?? Wasn't it to look better for the media?? To become a more professional site?? Things like the numa numa dance, do give more traffic to NG, but at the cost of making it look to the public as a small time web site with nothing more than just garbage. Making it look as a joke.

Now i now this isn't my site, but it just hurts me to see NG as an outpost for things like the "numa numa dance"

manwith10toes
manwith10toes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:28:20 Reply

lol i saW this today asome! but they didnt say anything about NG did they?

Watch my fucking youtube poops

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:32:47 Reply

Yeah, I saw a report a little while ago on CNN about him.

I wish I could do something so weird that I got famous for it :(

manwith10toes
manwith10toes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:42:56 Reply

wow omfg that kid started out as some joke on the internet and now hes famous. HOLY CRAP

Watch my fucking youtube poops

Gheyz0r
Gheyz0r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:54:45 Reply

Wow that's like being featured in a war crimes tribunal

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:57:26 Reply

At 2/17/05 05:58 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Whoa someone got angry. I'm curious as to how exactly will these NG artists get more exposure as a result of this. I'm pretty sure you won't disagree that NG has already managed a hefty amount of traffic practically every hour now a days. I also skimed through that the news report didn't really mention NG to begin with? Also the flash is about a month old? I understand that NBC wanted to do a story so it was put on the front page but you treat it as it's the greatest thing that's has ever happened to this site when it wasn't even mentioned. I'm also curious if this really has improved traffic by a very noticable amount.\

Our traffic is WAY up today. Numa Numa Dance has currently been viewed over 120,000 times TODAY. This is good for all NG artists because this type of thing brings in a ton of first time visitors who will hopefully stick around and check out other things on the site. Then they will see all the other cool things here and realize that this site isn't just for silly videos.

I'm not treating this as the greatest thing that's ever happened. We've had many things like this happen over the years. We just like to report when there is a big buzz. We were all over the news for all the anti-Usama games, we were all over the news when Kaboom showed up (the suicide bomber game), we were recently in the news about the Oklahoma City Bombing game.

The surge in traffic actually knocked out a bunch of our webservers earlier. I'll attach an image of our bandwidth usage. We were maxing out our bandwidth.

If you can't see how this is good for all NG artists then you're really dumb and have no clue how the world works.

In the below chart you can see our peak usage was about 100mbps higher than yesterday's peak. If you don't think 100mbps is a lot of bandwidth you're nuts. NG used to be a big and popular site when we only had 20-25mbps TOTAL. Today we were using around 560mbps, over our 500mbps limit. We can go over our limit to a degree, but we can run into packet loss and other problems.

You can also see a sharp dip from this afternoon when a bunch of our servers went offline. Still not sure what that was all about, waiting for more details.

Numa Numa Dance

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
brwn5eyd7grl
brwn5eyd7grl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 20:58:06 Reply

I absolutely LOVED the numa numa dance.. i thought it was the funniest thing in the world.. but i cant believe how many ppl were bashing on it..??? The only thing in my opinion that should have been bashed on were the ppl submitting their videos making fun of the original.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:05:00 Reply

At 2/17/05 08:03 PM, Allen_Styles wrote: Like you said, Newgrounds only got popular because of things that were stupid and that pissed people off. Like things are going, NG is never going to get the respect it deserves.

Not sure what kind of respect you're talking about. We want to be respected as a great place to submit content so it can be viewed by a large audience. We welcome all types of content from professional Flash games & movies to ameture Flash games and movies.

I mean, what were all those "we trying to get away from adult ads" for?? Wasn't it to look better for the media?? To become a more professional site??

It was so there wasn't adult content plastered all over the site. It was so we could attract more legit advertisers and make the site safer for people to browse while at work, home, etc. It wasn't to raise the standard of Flash content, we have no control over that. We get what people want to submit to us.

Things like the numa numa dance, do give more traffic to NG, but at the cost of making it look to the public as a small time web site with nothing more than just garbage. Making it look as a joke.

So when they say it gave us 1 million hits people are going to think we're a small website? So you're saying it would be better if Newgrounds.com got NO press?

Now i now this isn't my site, but it just hurts me to see NG as an outpost for things like the "numa numa dance"

There are far worse things on Newgrounds.com. If we only featured highly artistic movies and whatever you enjoy we wouldn't have near the traffic we have now. When we put some of the best entries on our front page (those with the best art work, animations, etc) they often don't do very well. They don't appeal to the masses. However, if we didn't have all the other items that did bring in traffic they would do even worse.

Believe what you want, but we've been running this site for years and we watch our stats like a hawk and we know how to make things work.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
High-Roller
High-Roller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:05:13 Reply

At 2/17/05 08:58 PM, brwn5eyd7grl wrote: I absolutely LOVED the numa numa dance.. i thought it was the funniest thing in the world.. but i cant believe how many ppl were bashing on it..???

They just have no creativity, obviously (am i allowed to say that :[?)... and unfortunately none of the "copy-cats" were able to make me laugh. The original did, however.

00vader00
00vader00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:13:37 Reply

lol I like the star wars kid and numa numa dude and matt lower suks ass anyway funny that they were showing newgrounds on NBC...

wolf-262001
wolf-262001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:23:17 Reply

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Newgrounds.com was shown on NBC's The Today Show this morning when they reported on the Numa Numa Dance.

LOL, on NBC? You know people have nothing else to report when...

warboy44
warboy44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:36:10 Reply

holy shit! i was looking up a science article for class at msn and i found the numa numa dance. fricking wierd. i am happy to see newgrounds get on the news but bad part no one said "newgrounds" actually, you had to look closely at the site. I could tell it was newgrounds from a mile away though. GJ numa numa dance. hopefully this is a start of good things to come.

DarkZrobe
DarkZrobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:43:05 Reply

OMG

Wow can not believe what this sight spawns I congratulate Gary and Find it amusing even though newgrounds is hounded for some controversy that out comes a hilarious spawn of lip sinking that would make the voice actresses jealous
Congrats

God Bless
I)arkZrobe

Numa Numa Dance

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:43:10 Reply

At 2/17/05 09:36 PM, warboy44 wrote: holy shit! i was looking up a science article for class at msn and i found the numa numa dance. fricking wierd. i am happy to see newgrounds get on the news but bad part no one said "newgrounds" actually, you had to look closely at the site. I could tell it was newgrounds from a mile away though. GJ numa numa dance. hopefully this is a start of good things to come.

People are still finding it here. It's the #1 google search result for "numa numa"

We are also credited as being the first place to feature the video so that's helping to draw people in, to see the site where this video originated from.

Also I'd like to say to everyone to not take this seriously. We just think it's hilarious how much press it's getting and we're just rolling with it. Some people are taking it to seriously and really need to lighten up and just laugh at the whole thing.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
NGwannabe3
NGwannabe3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:43:35 Reply

(w00t im back) I saw this back when it wasnt well known it was funny as hell. I downloaded it from a shareware program, and today I saw it on msn, WTF! Lol, didnt know this music video would be such a success, ohh brb let me lip sink to a dance/pop song. :P

swive
swive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:52:47 Reply

Looks like NBC is running out of material, eh?

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 21:58:23 Reply

At 2/17/05 09:52 PM, Swive wrote: Looks like NBC is running out of material, eh?

I don't know what starts these stories. I guess it had something to do with VH1 featuring it. I can see them doing that on one of their shows where they just show funny things that aren't major news stories. Then from that the rest of the media jumped on it. I'm thinking that when they realize it had 1 million views they all said "Wow, if that many people are into it we have to report it so all those people come check out our report!" or something along those lines. If 100 people show up somewhere and protest they make the news. If 1,000,000 people are checking something out on a website why wouldn't that be way more news worthy? :)

If they only knew how many other things on Newgrounds have over 1 million views. I doubt they'd want to feature "Boobs, Butt, or Shoulder" or "Orgasm Girl" etc. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
shawnhoude
shawnhoude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 22:05:52 Reply

NBC should report on the Bill Cosby Fun Game! That's the only real news story that needs to be covered. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 22:08:14 Reply

At 2/17/05 10:05 PM, crik8 wrote: NBC should report on the Bill Cosby Fun Game! That's the only real news story that needs to be covered. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.

I agree, that fucking game is hilarious. Maybe the news people will come to NG and see it and be like "HOLY SHIT! FOX NEWS ALERT NOW!"

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
DarkZrobe
DarkZrobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-17 22:11:27 Reply

Hate to Change the Topic But What do you think is the most talked about thing on NG or most contraversial (yep my spelling sucks)

I think that Tsunami game was pretty bad....
Did Bill Cosby really rape someone?

God Bless

I)arkZrobe

BBS Signature