BBS Signature
Corey-the-Afro-Jew
Corey-the-Afro-Jew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:06 PM, WeekendUpdateAnchor wrote: Oh sure, Newgrounds on the Today Show! Ohhhhhh, How EXCITINGLY WONDERFUL! BULLSHIT!!!! I dont give a shit if Newgrounds made it to TV, only the morbidly obese bastard who actually had courage to post up himself being a total RETARD. NOBODY CARES IF NEWGROUNDS WAS ON TV!!!! IT ONLY

You didn't read the rules did you?

Makaio
Makaio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:22 PM Reply

*sigh*
i had to download some msn video thingy,how the hell do i play the movie?

At 2/17/05 05:14 PM, justiceDAK wrote: It also happened to be posted on FOX to. I broke the news to NG. ^^

i saved the pdf when i made your sig so i could make you one with your new alias in 5 seconds.

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Newgrounds is truly going big.

BBS Signature
HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Have you guys seen www.numanuma.com?
It's filled with tons of great animation that rivals the original.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:22 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: *sigh*
i had to download some msn video thingy,how the hell do i play the movie?

Search the movie in the downloaded and installed "thingy" just ad to play list

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:32 PM, mcpeepants wrote: You guys are so fucking stupid. How the hell can you think that fat piece of shit is funny!

nice first post. because fat people are funny. the end

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Hoobidaw
Hoobidaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Congratulations!
I have lost practically all respect for Newgrounds.com!
You have succeeded in life!
!!
!

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:14 PM, justiceDAK wrote: It also happened to be posted on FOX to. I broke the news to NG. ^^

Where?! Link! Link!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
DrunkCat
DrunkCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Sad, sad day. This is basically grabing every single talented animator and slapping them with a huge piece of fat. Nice insult to them, I'm impressed.

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:42 PM Reply

This Doesn't have anything to do with the numa numa or nu- I don't give a shit. I am posting here because I wan't to know when you are going to bring back Genyu's Blade. I can't find it anywhere in the Newgrounds portal. PLEASE ANSWER BACK!!!!!!!!

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:40 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Sad, sad day. This is basically grabing every single talented animator and slapping them with a huge piece of fat. Nice insult to them, I'm impressed.

No it's not you idiot. This is a great day for the NG artists as they will get more exposure as a result of this. Let's face it, a well done Flash entry isn't going to make the news. It's only making the news if it pisses people off or is something silly that everyone is talking about.

How do you think Newgrounds.com got popular? It was from Tom's silly Club a Seal game, Teletubbies, Assassin, etc.

It's things like Numa Numa that help boost our traffic and make Newgrounds.com a better place for unknown artists to submit their work.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
D0GMA
D0GMA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:29 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Then everyone will realize what flammers they are and send them back to Romania. :)

See for yourself. Frankly, Gary did a better video ...

phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:50 PM Reply

Brolsma was also on ABC's Good Morning America this morning. I caught it before I had to go to class. I am still looking for a video, but there's a blurb on this page near the bottom

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=124385

plastic-bottle
plastic-bottle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:52 PM Reply

wtf was that star wars kid
whatever the fuck it was numa numa is still the shit

DrunkCat
DrunkCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:44 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 05:40 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Sad, sad day. This is basically grabing every single talented animator and slapping them with a huge piece of fat. Nice insult to them, I'm impressed.
No it's not you idiot. This is a great day for the NG artists as they will get more exposure as a result of this. Let's face it, a well done Flash entry isn't going to make the news. It's only making the news if it pisses people off or is something silly that everyone is talking about.

How do you think Newgrounds.com got popular? It was from Tom's silly Club a Seal game, Teletubbies, Assassin, etc.

It's things like Numa Numa that help boost our traffic and make Newgrounds.com a better place for unknown artists to submit their work.

Whoa someone got angry. I'm curious as to how exactly will these NG artists get more exposure as a result of this. I'm pretty sure you won't disagree that NG has already managed a hefty amount of traffic practically every hour now a days. I also skimed through that the news report didn't really mention NG to begin with? Also the flash is about a month old? I understand that NBC wanted to do a story so it was put on the front page but you treat it as it's the greatest thing that's has ever happened to this site when it wasn't even mentioned. I'm also curious if this really has improved traffic by a very noticable amount.

You also missed the why the animators are getting insulted, which you also rubbed it into them with "Let's face it, a well done Flash entry isn't going to make the news". Even if this holds true, seeing how it is now-a-days anyways, that's sort of pessimistic is it not? Maybe that common slogan for NG "A place where unkown artists get to show their work" should amend "And be used like toilet paper".

Just pointing out an observation, didn't think anyone would skew it and take such offense. Had a bad day laddie?

D0GMA
D0GMA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:52 PM, plastic_bottle wrote: wtf was that star wars kid
whatever the fuck it was numa numa is still the shit

It's a video some kid made of himself screwing around with a broomstick. Some "friends" got a hold of it and sent it around the web. IIRC he won a lawsuit against them, so I was rather surprised to see a clip of that in the GMA spot.

More Star Wars kid.

<deleted>
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:44 PM, WadeFulp wrote: No it's not you idiot. This is a great day for the NG artists as they will get more exposure as a result of this. Let's face it, a well done Flash entry isn't going to make the news. It's only making the news if it pisses people off or is something silly that everyone is talking about.

I sort of get what he's saying though. This isn't so much about making NG popular, but more so about what ended up making it popular. Was it a guy who spent a few months animating an incredible feat in art and animation? or was it a fat guy lyp syncing to a homoerotic song?

PotatoLock
PotatoLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:03 PM Reply

We have all witnessed golden history for the internet. And don't get mad at the creator of numa numa dance. Of course he didn't really animate a cartoon, but where is it written that people have to make an animation? Why the hell not a music video with little animations in it? Just because he didn't put a lot of work into the flash doesn't mean it isn't good. The purpose of most flashes on the internet is to be funny, and the numa numa dance was funny and groovy : D !

Like it or not, the video is now a part of internet history.

If you remeber, after the star wars kid, everyone was trying to tape themselfs diong stupid things on video because they thought it would be funny. But as we all know, they weren't funny. Then after a while it died aout a bit. But then came: NUMA NUMA YA! NUMA NUMA NUMA YA! And the trend of taping yourself doing stupid things and puting it on the internet started all up again.

I loved the numa numa dance and even if you don't like it there have been a lot of people who do. So it deserves a page in history.

Always-Dark
Always-Dark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Newgrounds.com was shown on NBC's The Today Show this morning when they reported on the Numa Numa Dance. You can view the video here:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Thanks to Gary for submitting his Numa Numa Dance video to Newgrounds.com! We can also thank Tom Fulp for discovering Gary's video and deciding to feature Numa Numa Dance on the front page and make Gary into an instant celebrity! :)

OMFG this guy's a fuckin celebrity. i swear to god. today alone, i;ve seen him on the news or heard of him like a million times. tthis is just all wierd. news, here, word of mouth. hey i saw the video and i have that song on my computer, but i dont really see it as something that hott. iono thats juz me.

drDAK
drDAK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 05:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Where?! Link! Link!

The topic was here:
http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=227487

arsekicker1
arsekicker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Congrats to Gary and NG! I feel quite a connection to Gary as he's in NJ, and I am too! HOLY CRAP! Good luck there Mr.B, hope you get plenty of endorsements and whatnot.

BigBlueBalls
BigBlueBalls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:21 PM, Coop83 wrote: Unfortunate, but a reminder that you don't always have to be a top class animator, to get fame from NG.

Just get fat and dance funny, bam you're a celebrity.

I must be like the only one here who never found it entertaining and actually tried to blam it. To me it was just some stupid flash movie without any flash skills other than importing a video of himself dancing. So I assumed it was going to be blammed, that is until I saw the score of like 3.38 or something like that. Then after seeing it on front page and now television, I just think it's pathetic what people find entertaining these days.

BurstStudio
BurstStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:43 PM Reply

What publicity? All they did was show a quick clip of it on Newgrounds. Albeit cool, they didn't mention Newgrounds whatsoever and only people that have been there would have made the connection. Personally, I think it's stupid. But if it brings Newgrounds more viewers, than I'll tolerate it.

Gary Brolsma lives seven blocks from my grandmother's house (I lived there until i was 7). Perhaps I should pay the Numa numa Dancer a little visit next time I'm over there....

(street names of both places blurred for a little decency)

Numa Numa Dance

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Holy shit.

Numa Numa Dance AND Newgrounds on the Today Show, Best Week Ever, and in "millions of e-mail boxes" that's pretty insane, I would never see this coming and If I were Gary I would be really really surprised, this might be the most publicity NG has gotten in a few years :\ Even though I havent had an account for much more than one and a half but still...I think it might be true

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
TheNate
TheNate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:52 PM Reply

Sweet, Prepare for a flood of videos just like that one.

Narusegawa
Narusegawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 06:56 PM Reply

They also talked about it on Best Week ever on VH1 but they didn't say anything about Newgrounds.

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature
Coolboyryans
Coolboyryans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Newgrounds.com was shown on NBC's The Today Show this morning when they reported on the Numa Numa Dance. You can view the video here:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Thanks to Gary for submitting his Numa Numa Dance video to Newgrounds.com! We can also thank Tom Fulp for discovering Gary's video and deciding to feature Numa Numa Dance on the front page and make Gary into an instant celebrity! :)

that stupid windows thing wont work for me dam that sucks!anywhere else this movie is?

Xiivi
Xiivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Numa Numa Dance Feb. 17th, 2005 @ 07:17 PM Reply

Hazzah, the stupidest thing we produce becomes our best work. *using NG as a whole* :D I hope to see more artists with some crazy wacky things up their sleeves in the future. XD

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature