Be a Supporter!

why do people hate gay people

  • 14,269 Views
  • 479 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Acosta
Acosta
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 03:42 PM Reply

Welcome to Politics Acosta. If you have a mind at all (and it seems that you do based on what you said) then don't always waste it on those in General, come and pay us a visit from time to time!

hey thanks, I try. Maybe someone will respond to it but it seems like we just got 2 people bickering back and forth without establishing much forward thinking or ahead. They just seem to be locked in an argument and keeping it up. Maybe it came up in the last 10 pages but neither of them really said anything relevant to the point - more personal issues.

But anyway...thanks, I'll stick around.

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 03:46 PM Reply

These threads are really circular, especially after about 6 pages. Same arguments, same fallacies (on both sides,) same examples, and so on.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 01:47 PM, Gutmunchr wrote: I meant the 'call me a hypocrite if you wish' statement.

Right, you openly invited people to call you a hypocrite if you were being hypocritical... you were, so I called you a hypocrite. You invited it, why are you "offended" by it? You gave us permission to do so!

If you want to talk biology im sure we can all agree the acts between a man and a woman are far more natural than those between two men.

More frequent, yes, more natural, no. Have you ever thought that perhaps there are gay people to reduce the overpopulation of the world? I'm not saying this theory is correct, but it is a possibility, is it not? So then, wouldn't they be 'natural' in that they are trying to create homeostasis on our planet? Also, look at other creatures on this planet, we are not the only ones committing homosexual acts (and before you say "well those are animals", even dolphins display this behaviour, and they may be more intelligent than we know, because they possess a pre-frontal lobe... something that separates us from most animals).

Wait so we must fall into two categories if we wish to join this debate?

No, if you are going to speak passionately about a topic on here, you have to show a purpose or reason behind your words to make valid arguments.

So this is a topic about why people dislike gays, I offered the idea that I dislike some of their charcteristics.

You just said to Jmaster that you are not judging their personality, but you tell me you judge their characteristics.... ummm, could you explain what you mean by this?

On a Scottish Island (a tiny one) there was a small community that accepted paedophilia as part of their everyday life, where the parents actually gave their children to other men (and where the children didnt think it was wrong either). When this was discovered the men involved were imprisoned, despite the fact it was part of their culture (a culture doesnt have to be an entire nation). (recent by the way, within a year I suspect). ie im not just talking of past cultures (though looking at my post I did use the word have).

Thanks for the history lesson... what does this pedophiliac community have to do with gays exactly?

No it shows he is biassed as far as im concerned.

I would disagree, being baised is assumed. Everyone is biased.

No perhaps not, but gays do have one thing going for them, where would I be without my gay jokes (exclusively aimed at straight men). Hmm, I was out the other week, stood in a bar when I felt someone pinch my side, turned round and saw a man behind me, was a little shocked, said are you alright, turned around, turns out my bastard mate was behind him and he f'ing pinched me, the look on my face (when I turned round) kept him laughing all night ;-( guess that one was aimed at me ;-/. No not much to do with anything, but it was pretty funny ;-). Clearly though, I dont take gays as serious as those around me (on this forum), or their issues, should they be allowed to marry? I say dont rock the boat.

You have to give a reason why though... and I mean a valid reason that has not been disproven yet. That's all well and good that you can joke around with your friends, that doesn't harm anyone, it's between the two of you. However, you invited yourself to make an open joke to anyone who reads this thread... that's where things like joking around can go too far (after all, you and your friend know each other, and know that either of you will be offended by gay jokes -I'm assuming-... you do not know this about everyone on here, so you should keep your gay jokes to yourself).

Then show me where I have contradicting myself (its much easier to be organised in your mind on these issues than it is to transfer them into writing, though I have mused, thought upon a few thoughts).

Omg... do you forget every discussion that happens on here before you post? Look at a previous one between you and JMaster, he showed you where you contradicted yourself. Here's one obvious one that I remember though, and I'll paraphrase: "It's ok for women to like each other but not men". That is being hypocritical. To say that being gay for one sex is ok, but for another sex, for it not to be.

But it is less common.

But it still happens. Is there a specific 'frequency of occurance threshold' that this has to cross to become a fact?

As men and women are different they should be treated differently, you are right I am sending that message.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy, I never said women and men should be treated differently. I agreed that we have differences between the two genders (mostly biological) but that does NOT mean I advocate treating the two genders differently. I'm all for gender equality.

Perhaps you can tell me WHY you like gays so much? (or support their cause). As you cannot understand my point of view you cannot accept it, I have said why I feel against it, or tried to say why, but at the end of the day it comes down to what my gut tells me, and my gut tells me this isnt something I want to support. When I discover something new and I like or dislike it I dont think to myself why do I like this, or why do I dislike this, I just do.

Why do I support gays? Because, they are a minority that are subject to hate... unfounded hate. I think this is wrong, and as a straight man (part of a majority) I help them to have a voice on issues that relate specifically to them and have little to nothing to do with other people, so that they can be heard.

That's ok if you follow your gut instinct, that is something that works for you. If you are going to join in on a debate about gays though, you have to show valid reasons behind WHY you don't like gays, not that you just don't like them. If you don't have valid reasons, then your argument loses it's strength.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 03:46 PM, Maus wrote: These threads are really circular, especially after about 6 pages. Same arguments, same fallacies (on both sides,) same examples, and so on.

What else do you expect? If someone just joins in on the discussion, most people don't bother to read the previous pages because it is too much work. It is then up to the people who have been on this debate for a long time, to tell the n00bs that their arguments have already been said, and give reasons behind it so they believe you.

Apathy, what a pain in the ass. I'd do something to fight apathy, but I just don't feel like.... alright, that was pretty lame humour, but you get the idea.

Acosta
Acosta
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Thanks for the history lesson... what does this pedophiliac community have to do with gays exactly?

well a argument that I hear come up a good bit is that allowing gay marriage will start a downward trend of society. They'll often bring up incest and what not. The old 'where' do we draw the line? Which is interesting because a large portion of the population is also against gun control. They want the line to be drawn as far as the institution of marriage but not as far as instruments of killing.

But incest, pedophiles or marrying your dog is so far removed from the gay debate that it's pointless to even argue with the person at that point. The basis of the argument is gays. And the key part is gay marriage...well why can't they have a civil union and just be happy with that? Well I'm glad you asked Mr.Voice...

issues with just giving gays civil unions and not a state recognized marriage:

- with civil unions the way it is setup now you would have to re-establish that union if you ever moved to a new state. Requiring tons in legal fees if it is even legal in the new state. Marriage is recognized by all states based on the laws of the state the couple were married in.

- If you have an auto accident your wife can make medical decisions on your behalf, be informed of your medical condition etc. This does not hold true for civil unions

- Civil Unions cannot confer any of the Federal benefits. Such as Social Security, military or private pensions cannot be transferred with a Civil Union.

- A couple in a civil union could be brought up in trial to testify against their partner. If married this is not possible.

- A couple could not have the dignity to be buried together in a National Cemetery if one is a veteran.

- Cannot file a joint tax return

- If you are married, you can get divorced in any state in which you are a resident. But if states continue to disrespect civil unions, there is no way to end the relationship other than by establishing residency in Vermont and filing for divorce there. This has already created problems for some couples who now have no way to terminate their legal commitment.

- According to a 1997 GAO report, civil marriage brings with it at least 1,049 legal protections and responsibilities from the federal government, including the right to take leave from work to care for a family member, the right to sponsor a spouse for immigration purposes, and Social Security survivor benefits that can make a difference between old age in poverty and old age in security. Civil unions bring none of these critical legal protections.

- Because the federal government does not respect civil unions, a couple with a civil union will be in a kind of limbo with regard to governmental functions performed by both state and federal governments, such as taxation, pension protections, provision of insurance for families, and means-tested programs like Medicaid. Even when states try to provide legal protections, they may be foreclosed from doing so in joint federal/state programs

- Though people may think about marriage in different ways, there are only two types of marriage - either civil or religious. In some ceremonies, both are celebrated at once. Couples may have one or both types of marriage. However, to receive the legal protections of marriage, a couple must have a civil marriage. It is only civil marriage that can be addressed by courts or legislatures.

- The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects every citizen's right to freedom of religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The founders of American government made it clear from the beginning that in this new nation religion and government would exist side by side, and the law would not define religious practice. In addition to allowing free rein to religious practice, our Constitution protects freedom of religion by preventing any one religion from dictating the content of law. For all religious views to be protected and respected, it is critical that laws not be made with a particular religious viewpoint in mind, including laws about civil marriage. As a result of American freedom of religion, each faith can independently answer the question of whether they wish gay and lesbian couples to marry within their religious tradition, and this will remain true no matter what the government does with regard to civil marriage

Murdocc
Murdocc
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 2/5/05 08:17 PM, DavSngSorrow wrote: why do people hate gay people they act like it is a disease or something this fuckin pisses me off i am gay myself

People hate gays for the same reason they hate any other group of people. I happen to think it’s pointless to gripe about these sorts of things. Its not like you can change these peoples minds. Then again, I’m a straight white male so no one has ever openly hated me or been intolerant of me that I’m aware of, so perhaps I’m not the best to talk.

36noir
36noir
  • Member since: May. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 03:51 PM, mofomojo wrote: Gay people don't choose to be gay

Care to prove how this is so?

Acosta
Acosta
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 04:29 PM, 36noir wrote:
At 3/3/05 03:51 PM, mofomojo wrote: Gay people don't choose to be gay
Care to prove how this is so?

there is a school of thought in the gay community that want to establish it as a choice. They fear that if it is some chemical / biological difference that people will want to remove this from children and pre-determine their lifestyle.

RBS13
RBS13
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 04:14 PM, Acosta wrote: - The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects every citizen's right to freedom of religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The founders of American government made it clear from the beginning that in this new nation religion and government would exist side by side, and the law would not define religious practice. In addition to allowing free rein to religious practice, our Constitution protects freedom of religion by preventing any one religion from dictating the content of law. For all religious views to be protected and respected, it is critical that laws not be made with a particular religious viewpoint in mind, including laws about civil marriage. As a result of American freedom of religion, each faith can independently answer the question of whether they wish gay and lesbian couples to marry within their religious tradition, and this will remain true no matter what the government does with regard to civil marriage

just wanted to mention here that not all christian denominations are as conservative as you make them out to be. I'd like to point out that the Episcopal church is very liberal. I'm pretty sure that my rector would marry a gay couple. a gay man can become a priest almost anything. but that's juts a side note...

i'd also like to defend the muncher guy (the hypocrit ;)) He is free to think whatever the hell he wants. you can tell him what he believes and how he acts is wrong, but it is his right to do whatever he pleases (as long as it doesn't negativly effect anyone else) but after saying that i also agree that it is a gay mans right to do whatever he pleases (as long as it doesn't negativly effect anyone else) so meh, i

Acosta
Acosta
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 04:36 PM Reply

just wanted to mention here that not all christian denominations are as conservative as you make them out to be. I'd like to point out that the Episcopal church is very liberal. I'm pretty sure that my rector would marry a gay couple. a gay man can become a priest almost anything. but that's juts a side note...

well that all falls under Religious marriage - which the government doesn't recognize. The overall battle for gay marriage is for civil marriages - which gets you the benefits. Which is the main battle going on - it is not a battle of gays vs. religions because really religion doesn't come into play at all with a civil marriage. You just go to the courthouse and you're done...no religion touched or effected at all.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 04:14 PM, Acosta wrote:
Thanks for the history lesson... what does this pedophiliac community have to do with gays exactly?
well a argument that I hear come up a good bit is that allowing gay marriage will start a downward trend of society. They'll often bring up incest and what not. The old 'where' do we draw the line? Which is interesting because a large portion of the population is also against gun control. They want the line to be drawn as far as the institution of marriage but not as far as instruments of killing.

Yeah, I understand this argument.. "where do we draw the line"... only thing about gay marriage is that this has no proven negative effects if the two are consulting adults.

Pedophiliacs- Proven to be harmful to the child.
Beastiality- Non-consent with the animal... an animal is not able to voice it's opinion because it does not have one. That is why we have animal cruelty laws in place.
Incest- Biological genes weaken the species.
Gay Marriage- Ummm.... pure opinion with, so far, no evidence of negative effects to society or others.

I say we allow it, and if some time passes, or we have advancements in research, that show us how Gay Marriage is harmful, then it will be put up for debate and reconsideration. So far (as hard as some groups have tried) no evidence shows an immediate, or any harm, in gay marriage.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 04:29 PM, 36noir wrote:
At 3/3/05 03:51 PM, mofomojo wrote: Gay people don't choose to be gay
Care to prove how this is so?

There is no HARD scientific proof that it is a choice. I ask you then... prove to me that God exists. There is no HARD proof of this, however, governments are usually run by God.

Homosexuality and choice are still being researched today. From what we have seen though, biologically, gays are hard-wired to be attracted to the same sex. Even testimonials of a lot of the gay community tell us that they had always felt this way and didn't simply "choose" to be gay, but it was something that was always with them.

But if you want proof... ummm... go to University and take a Psychology course? That's the best advice that I can give you. We looked at sexuality and how the brain determines it, soooo if you are able to, get your hands on a copy of, "Psychology: The Science of Behaviour, Second Edition"... it'll cost you about 70 bucks Canadian though and they don't exactly sell them in stores or keep a copy in the library.

That's the problem, there is no pure proof to it. However, the correlation is strong enough that we can assume that it is true. But as I said, we are still doing research to try and find some hard proof to it.

Agamemnon-8L
Agamemnon-8L
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Why, it is simple my good man. Homosexuals are the scape goats of the 21st century. If anything goes bad in some nation, they just blame the people who are different in order to solve thier problem. It happens all the time.

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Personally i have no problems with gays, i aint gay or anything. I just have respect. And this gay marrage thing is a little tricky, cause i would let the gays marry cause i guess they love each other but if they want to adopt a kid, thats a harder issue. Imagine the mockery from dick heads that the children will get. I cannot answer that question my self.


BBS Signature
jmaster306
jmaster306
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 07:20 PM Reply

Ok Gutmunchr, let me see if I got this correct. You personally don't particularly like homosexuality, in fact you wish it didn't exist. However, you still treat homosexuals with respect as people despite your personal feelings. As for their rights, you do not stand to take away anything they have but do not wish to allow gay marriage. I'm not doing this to patronize you but I feel like I don't actually understand what your opinion is. So yeah, feel free to correct anything I've said.

Saywihee
Saywihee
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 07:57 PM Reply

Oh I've gotten along with lots and lots of homosexual people.

It's just when a lesbian starts hitting on me and won't stop when I ask them not to is when I get aggrivated.

Also it's when Homosexual men get arrested for OPENLY have sex in a public park where MANY children can see them for indecent exposure complain saying that their rights have been compramised because their being discrimiated against.

I have no problems against people's sexual preference it's just that when they try to create a double standard is when I get anry.

BAWLS
BAWLS
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 07:57 PM, Saywihee wrote: It's just when a lesbian starts hitting on me and won't stop when I ask them not to is when I get aggrivated.

Just do it. You'll get more boyfriends. LOT'S more. ;)

Also it's when Homosexual men get arrested for OPENLY have sex in a public park where MANY children can see them for indecent exposure complain saying that their rights have been compramised because their being discrimiated against.

BAH. In Texas and Kansas, gay sex is ILLEGAL. If the cops randomly bust in your house or something, and you're getting banged by another dude, they’re gonna bust your ass.

Saywihee
Saywihee
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:16 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 08:04 PM, -BAWLS- wrote:
At 3/3/05 07:57 PM, Saywihee wrote: It's just when a lesbian starts hitting on me and won't stop when I ask them not to is when I get aggrivated.
Just do it. You'll get more boyfriends. LOT'S more. ;)

Hell no Pervert!!!

If I get a boyfriend I'm going to get one not by making out with a girl. I'll do it by actually interacting with the guy and finding out that we like eachother.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 07:01 PM, almightyhans wrote: Personally i have no problems with gays, i aint gay or anything. I just have respect. And this gay marrage thing is a little tricky, cause i would let the gays marry cause i guess they love each other but if they want to adopt a kid, thats a harder issue. Imagine the mockery from dick heads that the children will get. I cannot answer that question my self.

This is true, but then you have to take into consideration that kids will make fun of other kids for ANY reason. If you are wearing blue shoes, if you have black hair, what the job of your parent is, if you wear glasses.... so really, I don't think that this is a great argument as to why homosexuals can't raise children.

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 07:57 PM, Saywihee wrote: Oh I've gotten along with lots and lots of homosexual people.

It's just when a lesbian starts hitting on me and won't stop when I ask them not to is when I get aggrivated.

Understandable. I feel the same way about straight guys that do the same. Jerks are jerks.

Also it's when Homosexual men get arrested for OPENLY have sex in a public park where MANY children can see them for indecent exposure complain saying that their rights have been compramised because their being discrimiated against.

Such a pitiful minority of the gay men in this country complain like that.

Most of the complaining being done by the gay community is about the right to get married civilly, to adopt children, to keep our jobs safe, etc.

I have no problems against people's sexual preference it's just that when they try to create a double standard is when I get anry.

Like the double standards that the law upholds?

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 3/3/05 08:04 PM, -BAWLS- wrote: BAH. In Texas and Kansas, gay sex is ILLEGAL. If the cops randomly bust in your house or something, and you're getting banged by another dude, they’re gonna bust your ass.

No it is not illegal. The Supreme Court struck down sodomy laws last year.

<deleted>
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 02:27 PM Reply

Why do people hate gays?

Maybe it's because of the homosexual agenda.

The Homosexual Agenda

8:00 a.m. Wake up. Wonder where you are.

8:01 a.m. Realize you are lying on 100 percent cotton sheets of at least a 300 count, so don't panic; you're not slumming.

8:02 a.m. Realize you are actually in your own bed for a change. Wake stranger next to you and tell them you are late for work so won't be able to cook breakfast for them. Mutter "sorry" as you help him look for his far-flung underwear. You find out that you tore his boxers while ripping them off him last night, so you "loan" him a pair of boxer-briefs, but not the new ones because you never intend to see him again.

8:05 a.m. Tell the stranger, whose name eludes you, "It was fun. I'll give you a call," as you usher him out the door, avoiding his egregious morning-breath.

8:06 a.m. Crumple and dispose of the piece of paper with his telephone number on it when you get to the kitchen.

8:07 a.m. Make a high protein breakfast while watching the Today show. Wonder if the stories you've heard about Matt Lauer are true. Decide they must be.

8:30 a.m. Italian or domestic? Decide to go with three-button Italian and the only shirt that is clean.

8:45 a.m. Climb into red Z4 and try not to look too much like Barbie driving one of her accessories as you pull out of your underground parking. Revos or Armanis? Go with Revos.

9:35 a.m. Stroll into office.

9:36 a.m. Close door to office and call best friend and laugh about the guy who spent the night at your condo. Point out something annoying about best friend's boyfriend but quickly add "It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, just as long as you love him."

10:15 a.m. Leave office, telling your secretary you are "meeting with a client." Pretend not to notice her insubordinate roll of her eyes (or the cloying "poem" she has tacked to her cubicle wall).

10:30 a.m. Hair appointment for lowlights and cut. Purchase of Aveda anti-humectant pomade.

11:30 a.m. Run into personal trainer at gym. Pester him about getting you Human Growth Hormone. Spend 30 minutes talking to friends on your cell phone while using Hammer Strength machines, preparing a mental-matrix of which circuit parties everyone is going to and which are now passe.

12:00pm Tan. Schedule back-waxing in time for Saturday party where you know you will end up shirtless.

12:30 p.m. Pay trainer for anabolic steroids and schedule a workout. Shower, taking ten minutes to knot your tie while you check-out your best friend's boyfriend undress with the calculation of someone used to wearing a t-back and having dollars stuffed in their crotch.

1:00 p.m. Meet someone for whom you only know his waist, chest and penis size from AOL M4M chat for lunch at a hot, new restaurant. Because the maître d' recognizes you from a gay bar, you are whisked past the Christian heterosexual couples who have been waiting patiently for a table since 12:30.

2:30 p.m. "Dessert at your place." Find out, once again, people lie on AOL.

3:33 p.m. Assume complete control of the U.S., state, and local governments (in addition to other nations' governments); destroy all healthy Christian marriages; recruit all children grades Kindergarten through 12 into your amoral, filthy lifestyle; secure complete control of the media, starting with sitcoms; molest innocent children; give AIDS to as many people as you can; host a pornographic "art" exhibit at your local art museum; and turn people away from Jesus, causing them to burn forever in Hell.

4:10 p.m. Time permitting, bring about the general decline of Western Civilization and look like you are having way too much fun doing it.

4:30 p.m. Take a disco-nap to prevent facial wrinkles from the stress of world conquest and being so terribly witty.

6:00 p.m. Open a fabulous new bottle of Malbec.

6:47 P.M. Bake Ketamine for weekend. Test recipe.

7:00 P.M. Go to Abercrombie & Fitch and announce in a loud voice, "Over!"

7:40 P.M. Stop looking at the photographic displays at Abercrombie & Fitch and go to a cool store to begin shopping.

8:30 p.m. Light dinner with catty homosexual friends at a restaurant you will be "over" by the time it gets its first review in the local paper.

10:30 p.m. Cocktails at a debauched gay bar, trying to avoid alcoholic queens who can't navigate a crowd with a lit cigarette in one hand and a Stoli in a cheap plastic cup in the other. Make audible remark about how "trashy" people who still think smoking is acceptable are.

12:00 a.m. "Nightcap at your place." Find out that people lie in bars, too.

jmaster306
jmaster306
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 02:27 PM, IrvingWarsh wrote: Why do people hate gays?

Maybe it's because of the homosexual agenda.

Hermie, why don't you just post with your real account anymore? Enough with all the alts already, we all know it's you.

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 02:45 PM, jmaster306 wrote: Hermie, why don't you just post with your real account anymore? Enough with all the alts already, we all know it's you.

Because he can't.

Just ignore him.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 02:52 PM, Maus wrote: Because he can't.

Just ignore him.

Done and done.

RBS13
RBS13
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 03:13 PM Reply

i'd like to point out that i myself am a gay christian, and christianity as a whole, is hardly like that crap that was just posted.

Empanado
Empanado
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 03:13 PM, RBS13 wrote: i'd like to point out that i myself am a gay christian, and christianity as a whole, is hardly like that crap that was just posted.

Y'know, I would somewhat agree with you, but I can't, because you're talking about a non-existant post made by a non-existant person.

Empanado
Empanado
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 03:13 PM, RBS13 wrote: i'd like to point out that i myself am a gay christian.

By the way, already certain of your homosexuality? And you're 15? Well, that's new stuff for me.

night-watch-man18
night-watch-man18
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 04:42 PM, Empanado wrote:
At 3/4/05 03:13 PM, RBS13 wrote: i'd like to point out that i myself am a gay christian.
By the way, already certain of your homosexuality? And you're 15? Well, that's new stuff for me.

It shouldn't be... we have already discussed how a majority of gays have known that they were gay for a long time, just as a majority of straight people have known that they were straight for a long time. Sure, some people go through that 'curious' stage where they aren't a 100% sure, and then there are those who become bisexual and realize that they are happy being with both genders (although there usually is a preferance to one)... point being that most people know what their sexuality is when they hit their maturing years.

fli
fli
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate gay people Mar. 4th, 2005 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 3/4/05 04:42 PM, Empanado wrote:
At 3/4/05 03:13 PM, RBS13 wrote: i'd like to point out that i myself am a gay christian.
By the way, already certain of your homosexuality? And you're 15? Well, that's new stuff for me.

I think empanado maybe correct in this respect.
I knew something was different about me when I was younger. I was concious about it even as a kid, because I distinctly remeber liking how a masculine male body (like He-Man) looked when compared to a feminine female body (like She-Ra). I tried to shrug it off, and by the time I became a teen, I knew this wouldn't shrug away. I got uber-evil and cynical.

And remember being 15, I can say that those are really confusing years. Haromones raging, crazy emotions, school stress, etc. It wasn't until I was 17 going on 18 that I truly confronted myself.

I don't know, I'm not saying you're not gay. Just making a point at age 15, sometimes people can't understand themselves (just like me).

Nonetheless, my blessings to you. I certainly respect you for keeping Christianity in your heart when it could be not nice to homosexuals. Not all sects, of course, but still I respect you for being gay and Christian. I'm gay, but I'm an Aetheist (grew up Roman Catholic). Although I do have my own copy of the Bible which I still do read, and I certainly act like a Christian, but the only reason why I can't say I'm a Christian is because I don't believe in God. But Christianity has so many good lessons about being a good person, though many Christians sometimes forget those lessons.

You should read Corpus Christi by Terrence McNally. It is a contraversial but beautiful play about a boy named Joshua. The reason why it's so contraverial is because he depicts the life of Jesus. It got a lot of death threats, and protests. But the irony is that this is aChristian play. This part made me cry:

Judas Good night, Simon.(To us) What will you give me to betray Him to you? You know my price. Thirty pieces of silver. Not much for a place in history. Most of you will pass away quietly in your beds, or gasping for air in some miserable hospital, and your goings will be as unremarkable as your lives. Think about it.
[High Priest] tosses a bag of coins that lands in front of JUDAS.
High Priest Thirty pieces of silver. You boys make it very easy for us.
Judas Thank you, father, we try.
High Priest But this one, He's a dangerous man.
Judas What is His crime?
High Priest Blasphemy.
Judas Because He says He's the son of God?
High Priest No, because He says you're the son of God as well.