Respond to this Topic
GooseberryClock
GooseberryClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-13 16:32:42 Reply

Ignore my last suggestion, it won't work.

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Interfaces/Other/OS-style-Barend_B-366/index.shtml

The clock in this movie will give you an idea of how you could do it.

Continued Portal Updates...

Hikitsuri
Hikitsuri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-13 17:54:25 Reply

At 2/13/02 11:59 AM, Omnicide wrote: please, if you fix the login thingy, could you make it an option to not have the portal music played when you enter the portal? not only do i hate the music, it's also annoying to hear it while listening to music. and if youre watching a movie simultaneously. i understand if some people wants it, but that info could be stored in the cookies or the user preferences.

but i like the new voting thingy. great job!

Amen to that brother Omnicide

Xurk
Xurk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-14 01:12:50 Reply

At 2/13/02 10:13 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Movies don't get moved into the main top list until a week after they are released. It gives them time to achieve a more realistic score before putting them ahead of everything else.

-Tom

Hmmm, that could explain it, except for the fact that Squigo 5 and XiaoXiao No. 7 were in the Top Ten after only one day(?)

Stormwarden
Stormwarden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-14 09:05:18 Reply

Say, what happened to the Portal last night. I couldn't access the darn thing, and it kept freezing up my computer. It's working now, but very slowly!

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Splent
Splent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-14 13:19:51 Reply

At 2/14/02 01:12 AM, Xurk wrote:
At 2/13/02 10:13 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Movies don't get moved into the main top list until a week after they are released. It gives them time to achieve a more realistic score before putting them ahead of everything else.

-Tom
Hmmm, that could explain it, except for the fact that Squigo 5 and XiaoXiao No. 7 were in the Top Ten after only one day(?)

The portal gets updated every week, and that is when they update turd of the week, weekly feature, etc. Squigo and XX must have been released on Monday or Tuesday, whereas League Bowling was released on Thursday at like midnight. That's why it took so long. It was the same way with the squirrel cartoon.

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-15 00:03:40 Reply

walk in to the portal to see the vortex of ngs evil schemes when its timme to go it will come upon gerry fuller

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Mopsicle
Mopsicle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-15 07:15:35 Reply

Tom, I have a fanart of Pico but it's to big to post it here. Where can I post artwork and will it be shown?

LordFeldo
LordFeldo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-16 11:16:39 Reply

yeah..i keep logging. and it keeps not realizing i'm logged in. and it keeps saying "if you were logged in your vote would be better" but the problem is. i am logged in. and it doesn't see that. is there any way i can make it see the light?

Tartyron
Tartyron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-17 08:29:11 Reply

I'd just like to say that i have been bored by the fred basset comic and i found the comment far funnier than the poop one. if fred basset can't survive, then at least make one better that poop. i don't know. that just my opinion. i could be wrong.

Hikitsuri
Hikitsuri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-17 15:11:07 Reply

At 2/17/02 08:29 AM, Tartyron wrote: I'd just like to say that i have been bored by the fred basset comic and i found the comment far funnier than the poop one. if fred basset can't survive, then at least make one better that poop. i don't know. that just my opinion. i could be wrong.

Yeah, poop isnt even funny and just barely makes sense. Replace it with something funny like "Id rather watch scrambled Barney" or something.

JAKKED
JAKKED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-17 21:08:15 Reply

the whole time i thought that x was how to blam then i saw that 0 said blam this peace of crap and im glad the X is good.......Newgrounds is about freedom

oh and im sorry about the crappy movie

SLiP-56
SLiP-56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-18 13:52:31 Reply

thanks for the new Xiao Xiao section. But there is a question I have thought about for a long time. WHy can we only vote 5 movies a day to get 10 ep points? why cant we get as many in a day as we like. If we did it like that it would be a lot better. If it was like that you could make a 100 more mevels for members becuase some people would be on it all the time. I think this would be really great. And it would get you up the levels faster.

Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2002-02-19 23:59:42 Reply

At 2/18/02 01:52 PM, SLiP_56 wrote: thanks for the new Xiao Xiao section. But there is a question I have thought about for a long time. WHy can we only vote 5 movies a day to get 10 ep points? why cant we get as many in a day as we like. If we did it like that it would be a lot better. If it was like that you could make a 100 more mevels for members becuase some people would be on it all the time. I think this would be really great. And it would get you up the levels faster.

That'd just get stupid. Imagine it - some sad cunts racking up points and going from level 1 to 30 in a day, whilst other people who've been here for years and visit every day are forced into the lower levels.

SLiP-56
SLiP-56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Continued Portal Updates... 2003-02-22 13:21:41 Reply

yeah ignore me. I forgot about that.

http://groups.msn.com/SKATEBOARDINGCENTER

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.