00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RhubarbRumble just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

9-11

1,097 Views | 13 Replies

9-11 2002-02-05 01:31:44

I know that it was a bad thing that happened and im not making fun of it. but when the hell are they gonna stop talking about it. every other commercial is a tribute to the police or the survivors. i mean shit just get over it and move on.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-05 01:35:14

At 2/5/02 01:31 AM, evvil_1986 wrote: I know that it was a bad thing that happened and im not making fun of it. but when the hell are they gonna stop talking about it. every other commercial is a tribute to the police or the survivors. i mean shit just get over it and move on.

it was stupid that they had to re do some movies that had the twin towers which was stupid, cause they should of done a tribute to it

BBS Signature

Response to 9-11 2002-02-05 01:39:05

it was stupid that they had to re do some movies that had the twin towers which was stupid, cause they should of done a tribute to it

and thats another thing damnit. they took the WTC center out of everything which is fucking gay.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-05 10:02:45

and thats another thing damnit. they took the WTC center out of everything which is fucking gay.

That's true,
"Lets pay tribute to the brave men and women of the tragedy, by removing every trace of it from the public consciousness."

Response to 9-11 2002-02-05 16:19:18

At 2/5/02 01:31 AM, evvil_1986 wrote: I know that it was a bad thing that happened and im not making fun of it. but when the hell are they gonna stop talking about it. every other commercial is a tribute to the police or the survivors. i mean shit just get over it and move on.

Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. It's not your decision. If you don't like it, don't take part in it. Complaining will only prolong the issue.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-06 01:44:32

What about that stupid statue they're putting up? the one with the 3 fireman holding up the flag? Theres one white, one black, and one Hispanic, which I think is racist, because they feel they have to make the black and Hispanic community feel special.
Why don't they just make a regular statue with no colours? Just because the majority of emergency service men were white, black and hispanic doesn't mean the others should be left out -_-
Americans are dumbasses.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-06 17:53:31

Yeah those 9/11 movies all over the portal are bugging me too. They make you feel guilty for voting low and almost force you to vote high no matter how much the actual flash work went into the movie.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-06 18:25:27

At 2/6/02 01:44 AM, bula_luigi wrote: What about that stupid statue they're putting up? the one with the 3 fireman holding up the flag? Theres one white, one black, and one Hispanic, which I think is racist, because they feel they have to make the black and Hispanic community feel special.
Why don't they just make a regular statue with no colours? Just because the majority of emergency service men were white, black and hispanic doesn't mean the others should be left out -_-
Americans are dumbasses.

I know what you mean. Portray it as it actually happened! If we start changing events in history, then we might as well say we won the Vietnam war. What can I use as an example...? Any of you ever read George Orwell's 1984? That's a possible end result if you we keep doing stuff like this... along with the hightened security, shady workings, and "bending" of the constitution that is going on as of late...

9-11

Response to 9-11 2002-02-06 22:31:21

At 2/6/02 01:44 AM, bula_luigi wrote: What about that stupid statue they're putting up? the one with the 3 fireman holding up the flag? Theres one white, one black, and one Hispanic, which I think is racist, because they feel they have to make the black and Hispanic community feel special.

That makes a whole lot of sense. It is racist because there are black people and hispanics there. Damn those racist bastards!

Response to 9-11 2002-02-08 11:13:15

Americans are dumbasses.

Coming from you, I think Americans should take that as a compliment.

Perhaps those 3 firefighters represent the majority of the firefighting force. So I say they are being quite accurate and in the right to put a white, black, and hispanic.

This is besides the point, but come to think of it.. I don't think I've ever seen an Asian firefighter in US. :)

Response to 9-11 2002-02-08 13:11:14

Uhg, people like you make me sick. Don't you get it? If we forget about it, we will leave ourself open for that kind of attack to happen again! We must remember the past, and learn from our past mistakes, and do our best not to repeat them.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to 9-11 2002-02-08 13:27:49

At 2/8/02 01:11 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Uhg, people like you make me sick. Don't you get it? If we forget about it, we will leave ourself open for that kind of attack to happen again! We must remember the past, and learn from our past mistakes, and do our best not to repeat them.

Wade is absolutely right. We have to learn from our past mistakes. If we forget about it, something else big could happen. 9-11 showed us that the United States is not omnipotent. It is possible for things like that to happen again. We can't forget that or next time we may not be able to save as many people as we did.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-08 13:40:02

So you have to shower everyone with sentimental crap so they don't forget it? No. If it's a lesson treat it as such, you don't dwell on lessons.

Response to 9-11 2002-02-08 21:06:21

At 2/6/02 10:31 PM, Anarchy_Penguin wrote:
That makes a whole lot of sense. It is racist because there are black people and hispanics there. Damn those racist bastards!

Actually, you don't seem to grasp on the idea of racism at all. Everyone thinks racism is discrimination. Racism is believing that there are physical characteristics that determine a person's cultural background.
If you were a white person, and you are being careful of what you say or do around a black person, because you don't want to offend then, that is being racist. Because you are being aware of their physical appearance.
See, in the case of the statue, they are singling out the white, black and hispanic population in the fire/police force. Why? Race doesn't matter!
The only reason that they're making one statue Hispanic and one statue black is to try and make the communities feel better about themselves or something -_- which is my friends, RACISM.