Respond to this Topic
Matsuharu-EX
Matsuharu-EX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 11th, 2005 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Who the hell is G-Bot? I've never heard of him. Can someon tell me who he is?

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 1/11/05 09:27 PM, Lock_Vader wrote: Yeah, well i dont appreatiate them a little i appreatiate them alot. There my fricking HEROES! There like the coolest people ive ever met, and to top all that off they both made awsome sites. Man sure i may be a little obbsesed with Tom but hey, its only because hes cool. Although im gay. I am basicaly saying thankyou to mindchamber and tom because they showed me what job i want in the future. Thankyou Tom Fulp and MindChamber for everything you did and please check out my site :P

Not that this is a requisite, but I find it funny for someone who claims to be such a devout fan, You've never reviewed any of my flashes, or have any of my flashes as your favs, or even have me on your authors list., or even joined the forum.

I think your just trying to be silly, and spam the page in hopes of hits for your site.
Which I happened to take a look at, btw.. You ripped off Brackenwood. right down to the color scheme. Be more original, you'll get more respect.

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 01:07 AM Reply

Uhm the guy who made Brackenwood said it was ok, this is his review:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
hey man, blackenwood isn't brackenwood so you don't need my permission :D

Also, I'm sure if you sat with a pencil in your hand for a while and thought about characters in your head, you'd come up with your own character. All it takes is a bit of focus, so give it a shot.

If you use a character that has been invented already, you are denying yourself the credit you deserve for inventing your very own characters/worlds.

I think you'll find that if you come up with something completely original, it's much more rewarding :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
Also, the reason your my hero is ur way u draw, and ur site is kick ass too. I dont join forums cause i dont give my email to anyone. I just hope you wont end up hating me mind. Also mind thankyou for checking my site out and i would like to also thank you for talking to me. I hope we will be having more conversations later on in life. Btw can i get ur autagraph Mind?

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 01:19 AM Reply

Btw, Mind are u angry at me? Do u hate me? Cause im just wondering....

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 01:27 AM Reply

At 1/12/05 01:19 AM, Lock_Vader wrote: Btw, Mind are u angry at me? Do u hate me? Cause im just wondering....

I dont hate you, I just think your acting silly for no reason.

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 01:33 AM Reply

Thankyou for not hating me, but i still dont know why u think this is a hoax. Like i dont want to argue with u but yeh. Btw, so now u know the Blackenwood Forest A Magical and Shitty Place was approved by Brackenwood. Also mind, may i ask about that autograph? Like i would really really want that and im not joking, im serious. Thankyou so much for talking to me and u r0x0rz

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 01:40 AM Reply

Also mind, can u tell Tom Fulp to give me his autograph? Please man i need this favor from u if u can contact tom. The reason i cant email him is cause this isnt my comp and if my mom finds out im emailing "strangers" she would get pissed at me. (the computer im using right now is the family's computer and i dont have my own so yeh)

Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Well, the new archive is a great addition and I see no reason for it to bring displeasure to anyone.

Jose - I definitely prefer your bots to the older ones having seen your side-by-side pics in the other thread.

P-Bot's picture is a lot more dynamic now, with a better angle used in the picture and I prefer your bolder highlights. I looks kind of shinier and as a product, more 'metallic' I think. There's a lot more detail and whereas the older ones looked reminiscent of something I could draw myself in half an hour, your pictures are very impressive, specially when seen at the small-ish sizes they normally are.

That out of the way, here's my in-depth analysis based on nothing at all other than my own opinion. Maybe I'm wrong in some instances, but these are my thoughts.

P-Bot: The feet look slightly wrong, I feel. The back foot looks like only the edge is on the ground, and so the bottom bit of the shoe (you know, the grip part) should maybe slope up a bit more at the edge. Meanwhile, the front foot looks like the grip part is totally smooth. Some of the corrugated grip should show.

It could have a bit more to do with Flash than it currently does. Maybe using the .swf icon starburst-type effect inside the gun would be a nice feature?

The shading is nice all-round and I really like your highlights, specially on the blue lamps, but some parts still look slightly flat, specially the yellow area to our left of his body.

The blue fuel connection pipe to the gun thing is a nice detail and I really like the way you've drawn his right hand.

I'm not too keen on his eyes. Whilst I understand they need to curve that way to follow the curve of his head, the angle they form makes him look a bit scared or worried. Not confident in the way I feel he should be.

A-Bot: I like the idea of him doing something musical - clicking his fingers. However, when seen at a lower size - as when seen on the portal itself - it looks as if he's holding a small yellow man.

Maybe consider making the robot's joints a different colour to distinguish the 'sound effects' you've drawn? Maybe take away the little mark to the upper-right of the 'note'? If you're using a note you need it to be more recogniseable, so maybe increase the width of the stem and decrease the height of the tail, making the tail taper off?

I really like the volume display bit on the bot. Really.

I'm not a fan of the colours used in the centre of the speakers.

I do like the fact that you've kept the colour scheme sort of the same for both robots, with a blue highlight and yellow bits and just changing the main body colour, but wonder about how the G-bot will fit in, when the only primaries left out of both subtractive and additive are cyan and magenta. Maybe reversing it, and simply using blue for the body and then another colour as the highlight? As it's in a different category (i.e. not a portal) it seems almost fitting to change the scheme for it.

Great work overall and though I don't know if you're willing to spend any more time on it, they definitely have the potential to please more people and to please other people more.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 01:33 AM, Lock_Vader wrote: Thankyou for not hating me, but i still dont know why u think this is a hoax.
At 1/12/05 12:51 AM, MindChamber wrote: You've never reviewed any of my flashes, or have any of my flashes as your favs, or even have me on your authors list., or even joined the forum.

...and that is why he thinks your
a hoax...
good day sir.
:P

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:31 PM Reply

Well im sorry but still Mind, may i please have ur autograph? Btw im sorry if i anoyed you mind but i may commit suicide as soon as i get my hands on a gun and bullets... My life has been going down hill and if it doesnt go up before my hands on a gun its death time for me.

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 04:24 PM, Bezman wrote:
a detailed review

Wow thanks for that indepth review.
I totally agree with alot of the details you mentioned.
As for P-Bot having to do more with flash, he does have the flash Icon on his chest. tho it may be harder to see on the small portal version.

I'll definately go back and tweak some of the art when I have the time.
thanks for taking the time to help out, by writing this critique.

MC

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:34 PM Reply

Im sick of being called ugly and being hated by other people because i have a big nose, im sick of being an idiot, and im sick of freaking my heroes out because i want to be their friends. So yeh, this could happen when im 18 or 20 i dont know because i wont kill myself by hanging myself.... to messy and i bet it hurts. The main reason im looking forward to suicide is that i cant get any hot girls to like me cause they say im ugly.... well before the bang i will post something on the forums and on my site. I dont know y im telling u people this but MEH

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 06:31 PM, Lock_Vader wrote: Well im sorry but still Mind, may i please have ur autograph? Btw im sorry if i anoyed you mind but i may commit suicide as soon as i get my hands on a gun and bullets... My life has been going down hill and if it doesnt go up before my hands on a gun its death time for me.

what good is an autograph if you're gonna kill yourself?

Besides according to this review you left, you already killed yourself a couple of months ago

So what your saying is that to be a TRUE NG fan i have to kill myself? Well in that case watch the CTV Afternoon news and you get to see me dead! Goodbye Tom Fulp i hope you will like me after i do this. I also want to thank you Jack for telling me this, also i will do this on
Oct 15 2004. I live in British Colombia Canada

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Yeah well i was being sarcastic then but now when i lost 2 girls that i wanted to date because of my face im really hating myself. And wow do u actualy care about my life? Also how the hell can i kill myself if i dont have a gun? I dont want to jump off a bridge to survive living with a broken back. Man, it sucks being turned down by 2 really hot girls because ur face isnt to there liking.

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 06:52 PM Reply

and even if i do someday kill myself the autograph would make me happy for the time im alive. Not as much as a hot girl could but yeah it would be cool to have an autograph from a NG star person who is like rich and makes video games

Bob-Friskit
Bob-Friskit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 07:56 PM Reply

:At 1/11/05 11:17 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:

Bob friskit, post your bot if you do draw one

I'll do that

morethanheroes
morethanheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 08:24 PM Reply

I have but one suggestion.

To go along with the new "front page archive" I think it would be a great idea to add a "front page award" to all submissions posted to the front page.

Just a suggestion...

much love,
-Al Adsit
xoxo

morethanheroes
morethanheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 06:50 PM, Lock_Vader wrote: Yeah well i was being sarcastic then but now when i lost 2 girls that i wanted to date because of my face im really hating myself. And wow do u actualy care about my life? Also how the hell can i kill myself if i dont have a gun? I dont want to jump off a bridge to survive living with a broken back. Man, it sucks being turned down by 2 really hot girls because ur face isnt to there liking.

Dude, you better be fucking kidding.

Ending your life becuase 2 "hot" most likley shallow girls "turn you down because of your face" is the most idiotic, and immature I've seen in a long time.

Rethink the situation, give it some time and you'll have nothing but thoughts of "what the fuck was i thinking?"

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 06:52 PM, Lock_Vader wrote: and even if i do someday kill myself the autograph would make me happy for the time im alive. Not as much as a hot girl could but yeah it would be cool to have an autograph from a NG star person who is like rich and makes video games

Bah, thats life kid.
Just worry about sucess,. after that you'll laugh at how many hot women you can buy.

Bob-Friskit
Bob-Friskit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 1/12/05 04:24 PM, Bezman wrote: I do like the fact that you've kept the colour scheme sort of the same for both robots, with a blue highlight and yellow bits and just changing the main body colour, but wonder about how the G-bot will fit in, when the only primaries left out of both subtractive and additive are cyan and magenta. Maybe reversing it, and simply using blue for the body and then another colour as the highlight? As it's in a different category (i.e. not a portal) it seems almost fitting to change the scheme for it.

All of that went right over my head, so i'm gonna let my younger brother respond to it, he understood all of it, and hes the artist drawnin G-bot

Srg. Chum respones with this:
I totally agree with your explantion on the Bots. For G-bot I was also thinking of having a blue body scheme but with a darker tone. I think the blue should almost be balck the bring out the yellow bits and compliment the highlights which i think should be red. I'm currently working on a rough skecht now with no color

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 12th, 2005 @ 09:16 PM Reply

Bah, thats life kid.
Just worry about sucess,. after that you'll laugh at how many hot women you can buy.

Cha-Ching, thanks for the advice Mind, i guess ill wait a while before blowing my brains out (now i doubt im ganna do that) Now about the autograph.... can u please post it on the forum so i could save as it onto my site. Also i would want u to write my name down with yours, that would be sooo cool. Heres what i would want you to write:

To Stephen Kurucz
[a message u want, plz make it posotive]
From Mind Chamber

and also can u make a normal autograph, its like to make my site popular and to make myself feel happy inside when i recive the autograph and the letter. Thanks and u r0x0rz

Stamper
Stamper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 13th, 2005 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 1/12/05 06:31 PM, MindChamber wrote: As for P-Bot having to do more with flash, he does have the flash Icon on his chest. tho it may be harder to see on the small portal version.

(+)

Frontpage Archive!

YO MAMA GOT SAGGY TITTIES LMAO

BBS Signature
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 13th, 2005 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 1/12/05 06:31 PM, MindChamber wrote: Wow thanks for that indepth review.
I totally agree with alot of the details you mentioned.
As for P-Bot having to do more with flash, he does have the flash Icon on his chest. tho it may be harder to see on the small portal version.

I'll definately go back and tweak some of the art when I have the time.
thanks for taking the time to help out, by writing this critique.

MC

Glad it was of help and my time spent appreciated.

I had a look through the Cafepress bit to see the larger images, so I did see the flash logo fairly clearly. But that's still only one reference, which to my mind could still use improvement.

Checking quickly, it can be made out at the size its used at on the portal, though it may not be apparent in just a quick glimpse, in the way the speakers are on A-bot.

TankGuy
TankGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 13th, 2005 @ 12:23 PM Reply

Awesome!

packow
packow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 13th, 2005 @ 06:15 PM Reply

Horray now we can see all the old front page stuff!

Ace-Armada
Ace-Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 13th, 2005 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 1/13/05 06:15 PM, PacoW wrote: Horray now we can see all the old front page stuff!

You didnt know that?...

Matsuharu-EX
Matsuharu-EX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 14th, 2005 @ 01:00 AM Reply

WHO THE FUCK IS G-BOT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!! God dammit you people just bicker at each other like little five year olds. I'm fifteen and I feel like I'm ten times more mature then ANY of you. Damn...

Matsuharu-EX
Matsuharu-EX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 14th, 2005 @ 01:03 AM Reply

Oh,by the way..what is A-Bot holding?

VeryProudofYa
VeryProudofYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 14th, 2005 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 1/14/05 01:00 AM, danoman911 wrote: WHO THE FUCK IS G-BOT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!! God dammit you people just bicker at each other like little five year olds. I'm fifteen and I feel like I'm ten times more mature then ANY of you. Damn...

Hey shithead, come down. People have posted who G-bot is, you should be msture enough to read some of the thread before using caps.
G-bot is the forums bot. He posted the rules. Got it?
ok now

I know a drugstore cowgirl, so afraid of getting bored.
STREET SHARKS! THEY'RE JAWSOME
Radiogrounds raped my father

BBS Signature
Matsuharu-EX
Matsuharu-EX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Frontpage Archive! Jan. 14th, 2005 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Well, you know why I asked? Cause all they said was he was the forum bot. I went there and saw nothing. So,send me a pic of it or somethin. Sorry for yelling, but damn you people are just like kids with some of your replys.