00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hgdyjvh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Frontpage Archive!

24,095 Views | 200 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 13:37:25

At 1/8/05 12:18 PM, MindChamber wrote:
Who's G-Bot?

He's the bot telling us the BBS rules.

Frontpage Archive!

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 13:48:21

At 1/8/05 01:37 PM, -poxpower- wrote: P-Bot and A-Bot have too many colors on them, that's my main annoyance. They look like Christmas lights :/

I'll start being more creative then. Here's what I think would make P-Bot look somewhat cooler, but you can always call me an asshole or something for suggesting that.

Fuck you dick, they have like 3 colors man,

and its funny you suggest I change the Eyes, when no one had a problem with the original's Googly eyes. His wasn't some pissed off robot, so why do you think mine should be?

And hey man, Change is a fact of life..
Like for instance you remade the bard Song Flash.
But like you didn't do shit to improve it. Same ol shit. with pictures sliding around and zero animation. If you weren't gonna improve on it then why bother?

My Bots on the other hand are drawn alot tighter. and have actual shape to them. Andrew didn't bother.. Go to his site, and you can see he's an awesome illustrator. but he did a half as job with the A&P bots.

Normally I'm pretty humble about my work. But looking at these bots side by side, there's no way these can be considered less professional.
You're just trying to be a dick.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 13:54:48

At 1/8/05 01:37 PM, Shpouiten wrote:
At 1/8/05 12:18 PM, MindChamber wrote:
Who's G-Bot?
He's the bot telling us the BBS rules.

thanks. I'll talk to Tom G-bot

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:24:45

At 1/8/05 01:48 PM, MindChamber wrote:
and its funny you suggest I change the Eyes, when no one had a problem with the original's Googly eyes. His wasn't some pissed off robot, so why do you think mine should be?

because his eyes are too big :o he looks like a Japanese Robot. And yes, Andrew's P-Bot had retarded Googly eyes. They still looked ok to most people, and that's what matters.

But like you didn't do shit to improve it. Same ol shit. with pictures sliding around and zero animation. If you weren't gonna improve on it then why bother?

I have NO idea why I wasted my time on doing that :o
I suck at animating : (

But like you said though "change is a part of life" ;)

but he did a half as job with the A&P bots.

so what?
its not because he did a half-assed job that there is no room for improvement on your part :o
everyone seems to think there's something weird with the new bots, I'm just trying to suggest actual changes that could be made. I know you're a frickin awesome robot maker, I'm sure you could figure it out if you put your mind to it istead of insulting us.
but hey, I don't really give a crap, I don't visti the audio portal or click on A-Bot's profile every morning after takin' a piss, but I'm also an "artist" and I can take a comment :o

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:35:38

At 1/8/05 02:24 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 1/8/05 01:48 PM, MindChamber wrote:
because his eyes are too big :o he looks like a Japanese Robot. And yes, Andrew's P-Bot had retarded Googly eyes. They still looked ok to most people, and that's what matters.

I have NO idea why I wasted my time on doing that :o
I suck at animating : (

But like you said though "change is a part of life" ;)

but he did a half as job with the A&P bots.
so what?
its not because he did a half-assed job that there is no room for improvement on your part :o
everyone seems to think there's something weird with the new bots, I'm just trying to suggest actual changes that could be made. I know you're a frickin awesome robot maker, I'm sure you could figure it out if you put your mind to it istead of insulting us.
but hey, I don't really give a crap, I don't visti the audio portal or click on A-Bot's profile every morning after takin' a piss, but I'm also an "artist" and I can take a comment :o

Hey I can take a comment as well, but stating my work was less professional was an insult.
Besides You agree that Andrews' bots were half-assed, yet mine work is less professional, your contradicting yourself.
Also I designed him to look more like Toms Original Bot (who was inspired by Vincent from the Blackhole), which had more of that NG feel than some megaman rippoffs.

I would gladly take contructive critisims from anyone.
But Stating my work is "retarded" or "Unprofessional" is neither of those.
As for what you suggested , it doesnt work.
and makes P-bot out to be something else.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:36:47

BTW, Besides you and the Troll

Everyone I've shown them to doesnt have a problem with them.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:46:27

At 1/8/05 02:35 PM, MindChamber wrote:
Besides You agree that Andrews' bots were half-assed, yet mine work is less professional, your contradicting yourself.

I said them being half-assed wouldn't be a reason for you to make them half-assed :o
I think they Andrew's bots had a nice simple look to them, but both you and him did a great job.

Also I designed him to look more like Toms Original Bot

ah, I didn't see that one :/

As for what you suggested , it doesnt work.
and makes P-bot out to be something else.

well ok for the eyes I guess, but the blue lights really bug me :/

feel free to ignore my comments then :o

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:49:49

At 1/8/05 01:37 PM, -poxpower- wrote: new design

That looks alot better with the gray instead of the blue and the angry eyes look cool too.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 14:59:41

At 1/8/05 02:49 PM, -Alex- wrote:
At 1/8/05 02:36 PM, MindChamber wrote: BTW, Besides you and the Troll

Maybe because everyone sucks up. Pox was making a comment, and you like, spazzed.

not really.
he started with an insult.. Like you did,
and no ones sucking up. I think Pox just likes the original more. (which is obvious since he drew them a dozen times in his flashs)

and I would have prefered that he just said that instead of insulting my work, Like your Trolling ass.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 15:24:07

That is too bad you didn't have this already up and reunning before. It would be fun to back in time.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 15:27:33

Nice animation, MindChamber. Are you going to work on the buttons at the top of the page (Flash and Audio Portal), or is Tom going to take the face of your animation right now, and put it onto the picture? Or is it just going to stay the same for a while?

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 15:31:25

At 1/8/05 02:59 PM, MindChamber wrote:
and I would have prefered that he just said that instead of insulting my work, Like your Trolling ass.

how did I insult your work? Kiddy is an insult now? Unprofessional is an insult? Blue is an insult?
At least I'm not the one who called you a dick right off the bat and who tries to get to you by bashing your other works. I even admitted your bots looked cool o.o Doesn't mean they are perfect.
you just won't take a comment will you. Whatever the fuck it is I say, its an "insult" and its because "I like the other ones better for no reason at all".
God I would have hated to be your art teacher o.o

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 15:37:07

Maybe because everyone sucks up. Pox was making a comment, and you like, spazzed.

not really, i enjoy them; if you think
their so horrible, then try to make
better ones yourself. just try to do
that, otherwise, your comments
dont have an impact here and you
obviously cant take a hint when
to quit. though it is kinda amusing
watching you try to put up an
argument however.
=P

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 16:03:55

At 1/8/05 01:37 PM, -poxpower- wrote: P-Bot and A-Bot have too many colors on them, that's my main annoyance. They look like Christmas lights :/

I'll start being more creative then. Here's what I think would make P-Bot look somewhat cooler, but you can always call me an asshole or something for suggesting that.

well, all because it looks pist
doesnt neccesarilly make him
a bad ass. though the original
ones are suppose to resemble
something like the servebots
from megaman. like this little
guy...

Frontpage Archive!

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:00:46

And Queen Alex joins forces with his twin sister.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:00:49

At 1/8/05 03:31 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 1/8/05 02:59 PM, MindChamber wrote:
how did I insult your work? Kiddy is an insult now? Unprofessional is an insult? Blue is an insult?
At least I'm not the one who called you a dick right off the bat and who tries to get to you by bashing your other works. I even admitted your bots looked cool o.o Doesn't mean they are perfect.
you just won't take a comment will you. Whatever the fuck it is I say, its an "insult" and its because "I like the other ones better for no reason at all".

You said my or was unprofessional, and half-assed, not that they're "we'rent perfect" those are Insults. you ass.

Ahh well, I was like so hyped up when Tom mentioned it, I should've figured there would be a few asses in the bunch.

for the record , Dick, I was merely making comment about your work.
it's unprofessional, your remakes of the Bots were nothing more than Transformer ripp-off, and your anatomy in those Pickleman comics sucks serious dick. try to work on that. I hope my comments helped.

bah, whatever. I got shit to do..

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:14:38

? </3 :*(

Ortiz and pox, you guys are both awesome at art. End

anyways,
The new bots look sharp. But I must say, they still retained the megaman-esque look that you guys seemingly wanted to avoid. Doesn't bother me though

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:28:52

At 1/8/05 03:31 PM, -poxpower- wrote:

Well thank God your not.

And you shouldn't anybody's art Teacher for that matter.

You have wayy too much shit to learn in terms of Color, lighting volume, anatomy, and design...

So I would chill with the pretentious-ass tutorials. if I were you.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:30:53

I'm on MindChamber's side all the way. Don't throw rants at something unless you have productive and decent reasons to do so (which you have 0 of). It shows unprofessional critiquing and sportsmanship. Plus using words such as "unprofessional" towards a certain matter as I am doing so to your posts and critiques is in fact an insult to the piece being presented.

And one more thing, just because people are giving MC comments on how great his remakes are from "old and busted", doesn't mean they are suck ups - More like telling the truth. MindChamber actually put WORK into this rather than the old bots which anyone can make using the square and circle tool.

Face facts - The old bots stink compared to these ones.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:32:49

Thants awesome! nice new button!

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:52:50

Finally! Good work. I think that the new P-Bot design would be better if it were larger, it looks kind of puny compared to the old one

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 17:56:32

At 1/7/05 07:17 PM, liljim wrote:
At 1/7/05 06:59 PM, Toocool100 wrote: i sugested this idea in the past. i sent it to liljim and wade and you tom. the only one to reply was liljim and he said he didn't like the idea.. so a big fat :P to you liljim.. nanner nanner nanner
I never said I didn't like the idea. I said I didn't see the point. I keep all correspondence, so here's the original message, together with a "back at ya :P"

to me it doesn't matter that you actully never said you didn't like it. you said you "didn't see a point," whereas I did, and Tom as well along with a back at ya :P

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 18:09:13

always getting in a brawl

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 18:17:36

At 1/8/05 06:09 PM, DanPaladin wrote: always getting in a brawl

Hahah whats this passive-aggresive shit?

You refering to me or not?

Have some Balls Danny Boy, :)

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 18:56:31

Well, i can say that I like the A bot and P bot better than the old ones. Also, now when i see something i like on the front page, it will be much easier to find.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 19:02:15

Calm down, guys... God, how about to rename this topic to "MindChamber vs poxpower" ? Don't take his comments too personally, MindChamber. Yeah, your Bots is somehow different, but that's not bad ! Anw, talking about Front page collection - good job, Tom ! From now I can stop making mine ! I have all front pages since 2003 05 19 :)) Just tell the date. For example, here is a NG Front page in 2003 06 21 ;)

Frontpage Archive!

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 20:03:31

why dont we make better flash to protecet

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 21:26:21

So MindChamber, are you working on the G-but? Give him a sword because swords kickass. And give him cybernetice wings.

As for the arguements, I'm on MindChambers side all the way. Don't insult his work unless yours is better or you are being helpfull.
And how can any of you honestly say the new one isn't as good as this googly eyed turd?

Frontpage Archive!

~~~~ I'm ready to use my Home Depot equipment to chop into your shipment ~~~~

~~~~ I'm the super of your building with the hand comin out the ceiling ~~~~

BBS Signature

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 22:32:36

I love that just added new feature. Now it will never be too late to catch up. (Literally speaking? 0.o)

Thats some condensed alloy I see there, with an original recipe MC. Awesome redesign.

Response to Frontpage Archive! 2005-01-08 22:42:56

At 1/8/05 07:02 PM, Regis_Cartoons wrote: Anw, talking about Front page collection - good job, Tom ! From now I can stop making mine ! I have all front pages since 2003 05 19 :)) Just tell the date. For example, here is a NG Front page in 2003 06 21 ;)

You should send them to Tom so he can update the archives.