00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

M3KK just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

671,453 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-03 16:12:23

Well Kagome, you seem to have more positives than negatives. Some people are just mean. If you're tired of getting slack for the higher pitched voices, why not take a break from them and do some work in a lower pitch?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-03 20:36:15

At 2/3/05 03:38 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: stuff

I haven't had any bad reviews or comments on my voice acting just yet... however if I ever do receive any, i'll probably take the review into consideration; or not. It depends. If there is a LARGE number of people doing this, then I'll try my best to have my voice acting skills at the level of what they would call 'very good voice acting'. If there's just a small group of people, I'll probably just see what they have to say, and just brush off what has been said later. Especially since it's not constructive critism. You can't satisfy everyone. There are voices that people will like, and some that people will not like. The effort you put into doing the voice (no matter how it may sound like) is what counts.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-03 20:41:05

At 2/3/05 11:49 AM, iflfan wrote: actually I live in Houston

Dude, that's awesome...I'm actually planning to move there in a few years seeing as ADV Films (a major anime dubbing company) is there and I'd like to work for them.

At 2/3/05 04:12 PM, Isca wrote: If you're tired of getting slack for the higher pitched voices, why not take a break from them and do some work in a lower pitch?

I just play the character however the producer asks me to. ^_^ Actually the main other flash that I got bad reviews on was a pretty deep voiced girl.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-04 15:17:50

hello i need a voice actor who can do 2 voices one of a customer and on of a clerk so if you are interested email me and ill send you a script
ooh and btw its nota very long part both of them are only about 10 lines all up ok thanks
email - shazwoogle@gmail.com

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-04 17:38:28

At 2/2/05 11:24 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/216933

I think you did the voice for the part well, however, I never liked listening to Navi.

In a few spots, the word emphasis seemed like it could have been better. This could've been because the flash maker didn't give a good enough illustration of how it should be said, he doesn't really know what will sound good, or the lines weren't practiced enough. Those aren't the only reasons why, it's just what I thought it might have been.

I hope this is the constructive criticism you were looking for.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-04 20:12:31

hey i'm working on a cartoon and i got the whole thing lay out .. but i need vocie talent if anyone is interested contact me at lilg@bgroupproductions.com or IM me at BgroupProduction ... thanks ... u won't regret working on this project :)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-04 20:58:15

At 2/4/05 05:38 PM, Bickster wrote: In a few spots, the word emphasis seemed like it could have been better. This could've been because the flash maker didn't give a good enough illustration of how it should be said, he doesn't really know what will sound good, or the lines weren't practiced enough. Those aren't the only reasons why, it's just what I thought it might have been.

Okay. He's making new episodes soon so I'll keep that in mind for next time. ^_^

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-05 00:46:46

At 2/3/05 03:38 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: Okay, question for all of you who act in Flash movies. How do you deal with bad reviews? Not with bad reviews for the movie in general, but people specifically mentioning your voice acting in the review in ways that are anything but constructive? This happened today for a movie I was in, so I just want to know how you guys handle it if this ever happens to you, and what is the best way to deal with it. When people are being morons, is their opinion valid?

If the reviews single you out, and for a valid reason, then you listen to it, and learn from it. If they're just being an idiot like, "HAHAHAH YOU SUXORZ MONICA RIAL IS IS SO MUCH BETTER ANIME SUX", then you ignore it. Easy as that. There is no "dealing" you either learn from something, or you don't.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-05 03:54:04

Yeah, but I couldn't learn anything from it because it wasn't constructive. "Navi's voice sucked" does not give an actor any information on how to improve...that's why I asked here for suggestions. (on acting in general not just that specific flash)

I think someone should make a flash about an anime convention, seeing as con season is coming up and all. I'll be like...a random anime schoolgirl in the cosplay contest. :3

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-05 10:14:08

If it's that kind of comment, I'd just ignore it.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-05 14:44:46

You don't need to worry, Kagome. You're a great voice actress. It's just that people don't tell you how to do certain lines, like someone else said.

I know I have a ton of people to agree with me that you're really good!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-05 21:39:55

Someone in another thread wanted some examples of me playing lower-voiced females, so I thought I'd post them here as well. As usual, CC is appreciated :)

http://groupnetwork.com/~akane/sango.mp3
http://groupnetwork.com/~akane/randomfayeline.mp3

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 02:02:45

I don't think many people have heard my other sample, so tell me how you all like it!

http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/chizel/Seiyru_BOOTH.mp3

(Right Click<Save As)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 02:05:11

I think it's great. I adore your Inuyasha voices. In fact I'm thinking about making an Inu demo one of these days, playing all the females. Especially Yura of the Hair. She's cool.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 14:11:04

At 2/5/05 09:39 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote:
http://groupnetwork.com/~akane/sango.mp3

As far as I can tell, they were acted well. But when you said, "But I" the" I" seemed to be breaking up. I think it might be because the microphone you have can't make a peak clear at that length.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 14:34:53

Just a note that I've started the feedback section of my page. If anyone here would like to contribute, that'd be just peachy keen and great. The link can be found in my signature.

Also. I'm up for any suggestions on what kind of samples I should add to the page. I'm going to rotate them around next week and get some fresh stuff in. What kind of voice would you like to see added?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 17:27:17

-Name Mike/LsDUDIE
-Gender Male
-Age range 5-30?
-Specialties any really
-Example(s) of your voice haven't got yet working on it
-Ways to contact you email: kamikazemike@comcast.net AIM: czelecanth

sauron can see the cinnamon sugar swirls on every bite, can you?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-06 17:29:33

i'm also 15 years old(real age)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 01:50:04

Hello y'all, sup in dah hood? ^_^

Hey Kagome, you know the flash u VAA for? well, its submitted and can be watched here

Over and out, Gito

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 02:29:38

At 2/6/05 02:11 PM, Bickster wrote: As far as I can tell, they were acted well. But when you said, "But I" the" I" seemed to be breaking up. I think it might be because the microphone you have can't make a peak clear at that length.

Yeah, mine is pretty cheap O_o I also use a filter; that could have been part of it. I have a problem with static though. Question: I've listened to pretty much everyone's examples up here and most of you guys don't have static in your lines, how do you do that? (other than noise reduction; I use it sometimes in cool edit but overdoing it makes it sound metallic) Any advice? (even when the mic is not plugged in it still gets static when recording for some reason) Fortunately there is such a thing as background music to cover it up.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 17:29:39

At 2/7/05 02:29 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote:
Question: I've listened to pretty much everyone's examples up here and most of you guys don't have static in your lines, how do you do that? (other than noise reduction; I use it sometimes in cool edit but overdoing it makes it sound metallic) Any advice? (even when the mic is not plugged in it still gets static when recording for some reason)

It could be interference. The most common cause is the microphones wire touching another wire, causing electrical noise. But, since you still get it without the mic, there could be interference elsewhere, this can be caused by wireless connections nearby (cell phone, router, anything wireless). Your sound card could be the problem also. It may be low quality, old, or there could be interference coming from inside it (i.e. the record input could be touching something that it shouldn't be)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 18:45:29

At 2/7/05 02:29 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote:
Yeah, mine is pretty cheap O_o I also use a filter; that could have been part of it. I have a problem with static though. Question: I've listened to pretty much everyone's examples up here and most of you guys don't have static in your lines, how do you do that? (other than noise reduction; I use it sometimes in cool edit but overdoing it makes it sound metallic) Any advice?

Cool Edit is a great program but its static reduction doesnt give you many options. Its either less static/more metallic or more static/less metallic and it seems like you never get exactly what you want. If you use Audacity you can reduce noise by profiling the noise first and then adjust the noise profile to get exactly what you want. This gives you more options than Cool Edit and usually turns out sounding better.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 19:12:51

hey Foxphere, u working on any big projects lately? i like your work.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 19:22:06

hey Kagome, i heard your acting, congratulations, u did well.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 19:24:36

At 2/7/05 07:12 PM, LsDUDIE wrote: hey Foxphere, u working on any big projects lately? i like your work.

Thank you very much. As a matter of fact I am. I am working on a Megaman sprite movie made by a collab of some of the best sprite animators on NG, the Sonic Matrixa, and I'm working on a huge project with Lizvender as the character Synapse.

So what exactly do you mean "my work"? What have you heard me in?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 19:49:01

At 2/7/05 07:22 PM, LsDUDIE wrote: hey Kagome, i heard your acting, congratulations, u did well.

Thank you very much. I just auditioned for a Flash role..wish me luck.

Regarding Audacity, I almost always use it to record, but I find that even on the lowest setting of noise reduction it's pretty metallic which is why I switched to CE for editing.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 23:04:50

Screenname: El_Shamro (I go for "El Shamro" whenever spaces are allowed in names and I am also known as "Talis" on one message board)
Age range: Late teens to elderly, it sometimes depends on whether or not the character has a deep voice
Specialties: Suave, deep-voiced males; I can also pull off some good narrator/preview voices and I think I'm pretty decent at adding a bit of an "insanity" effect to most of my voices
Resume: I have no links, but I can provide you with finished copies of projects I have provided voices for, as well as producers to contact, if you so wish
Voice Samples: Again, I have no links to provide, but you can contact me for samples

e-mail: elshamro@hotmail.com
AIM: El Shamro
Runescape: Taiis (anyone play this game?)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 23:09:14

Are Flash artist allowed to ask for a voice actor in this club? Because I'm looking for a voice actor that can pull off a good Sean Connery for the Half-Life 2 collab. I just thought it would be quicker to ask for someone instead of contacting everyone.

Sorry if this is irrelevent... But I'm also looking for someone that can do a male soldier voice for the same animation.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 23:29:59

Sorry, forgot to tell you how to reach me.

MSN- rememberdrew@hotmail.com
AIM- StarDrw

But yeah, like I said. It's a cartoon for the Half-Life 2 collab. The cartoon is going to be humorous and I'm looking for someone that can do a male soldiers voice and/or a Sean Connery voice.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-02-07 23:39:16

Yes, as far as I'm concerned it's perfectly fine to ask for voice actors in this club....this IS where they are :P And usually when someone posts looking for one, they get redirected here anyway.