00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio

12,613 Views | 13 Replies

I've noticed a lot of people asking how they can import MIDIs in to flash, or convert MIDIs to Mp3 or Wav.

People will just tell you to google for a converter, or try some other stupid piece of software that doesn't work right or costs money. Well, guess what. This can be done with the demo version of Fruityloops!

So let's have at it. This is very, very simple.

1) Open up Fruityloops and open the midi file just like you would open any other file in any program.

2) An import dialogue window will come up. This is asking you what channels of the MIDI you want to import. Don't worry if you don't know what that means, just hit the big check mark.

3) Go to the mixer window. Don't know what that is? No problem. It is the window that will pop up / go away when you press F9.

4) See those columns near the top of the mixer window? All those that say "FX 1, FX 2, FX 3" etc? See the one all the way to the left that says master? Go ahead and highlight that column.

5) The bottom left area of the mixer window has a bunch of rows that say "1), 2), 3)" etc. See the little arrow on the left side of those rows? Go ahead and click one of them. It doesn't matter on which number row you click.

6) A small menu will pop up. Don't worry about all that crap. Just highlight "select >". A long list of effects will pop up. Go down and select the one that says "Fruity LSD".

7) The Fruity LSD effect window will then pop up. (You know, the one that has a bunch of rows that say "Piano 1"). See the little window at the top right that says "Port"? Right now, the port should be set to 1. You want it to match the port on all the MIDI channels. Don't worry about finding it, the default is 0. Click on that Port window and drag the mouse down so it's 0.

8) You're almost there! Now, look at the top of the Fruityloops program. See the Play, Pause, and Record buttons? You should know what those look like. Try pressing the play button. Do you hear the midi playing? Do you see the waveform and the volume bars next to it moving? Yes? Congratulations! This midi is now playing in a digital format.

9) You're pretty much done now. Go up to the File menu (at the top right), highlite Export >, and choose whether you want Mp3 or Wav. Choose a filename to save it as.

10) The render dialogue will pop up. There's not much to worry about here. If you're saving as an mp3, you can select what bit rate you want it to be rendered at so it can be a smaller file. Just press start. Wait a few minutes, and voila! That MIDI is now an mp3/wave!

This only takes one minute if you know how to do it! It's very simple. I hope this helps some of you people.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2004-12-12 21:14:37

I almost forgot to mention that you can get the free demo of Fruityloops at this website.

To learn more about Fruityloops, visit the website!

Then, when you make a cool song, submit it to the Audio Portal!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2004-12-19 13:52:25

At 12/12/04 09:14 PM, RageVI wrote: I almost forgot to mention that you can get the free demo of Fruityloops at this website.
To learn more about Fruityloops, visit the website!

Does it cost anything do get this 'Fruityloops' program, or the demo? i'm trying to download it, but not working.

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2004-12-19 14:13:54

At 12/12/04 09:07 PM, RageVI wrote: I've noticed a lot of people asking how they can import MIDIs in to flash, or convert MIDIs to Mp3 or Wav.

Nice tutorial- it might go better in the Where is/How To section.

Still, thanks for taking the time to help people out.

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2004-12-20 11:51:19

At 12/19/04 01:52 PM, KWAS71KCK wrote:
Does it cost anything do get this 'Fruityloops' program, or the demo? i'm trying to download it, but not working.

Nope, it doesn't. The download sites weren't always working when they upgraded to the new FL Studio 5 version.

Try going to www.fruityloops.com, and clicking "Try it now!" ... that's all I can suggest.

And no, it doesn't cost anything to get the demo, and this tutorial can be done with the demo as well.

------

At 12/19/04 02:09 PM, -Alex- wrote: I opened my MIDI and it wouldnt play. I wanted to play it!!

I didn't cover that in my tutorial. Maybe I should have! If you want your MIDI to play via the standard MIDI output, you'll need to configure a couple of options.

First, click the "Options" button at the top left menu. You want to make sure that "Enable MIDI output" is enabled. This is actually disabled by default, so you'll probably need to do that.

Second, press F10. This will bring up the MIDI options menu. See the section titled "Output port mapping"? You'll see a box that says "Port" followed by a "---" (most likely). You'll want to change this to 0, which is the default port set for imported/created MIDI channels. So, set it to 0, exit the menu, and try playing it again. You should hear it!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2005-06-05 06:19:32

awsome stuff man, thanks for helping out "audio noobs" like me.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2006-01-01 17:02:35

A link to FruityLoops 5.01 is

http://www.download...503.html?tag=lst-0-1

Just click the green 'Download Now'. Downalod'com is good for downloading every time... Unless of course you have pop-ups blocked for it, and it's direct. No need to select from nearest mirrors cos it does the max speed it can anyway... Now if you excuse me, I have serious business to attend to!

*hides behind the screen with a big-assed plate of muffins....*

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2006-01-01 17:10:50

Cool, this would come in handy if I had a program that created MIDIs. I have Finale, but only the free version, that lets you produce music sheets, not make them into MIDIs. I could just continue to record directly from my speakers, but that makes the sound not as good as it could be.

Does anyone have recomendations for a free MIDI creation program? Google doesn't cut it, because I would rather use something that people reccomend.

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2006-10-30 18:52:03

At 1/1/06 05:10 PM, SiLvErShOt10 wrote: Does anyone have recomendations for a free MIDI creation program? Google doesn't cut it, because I would rather use something that people reccomend.

You probabaly wont see this and/or you've found one, but Anvil Studio is good. It only does piano though, as far as i know. I used to use Finale Notepad and Anvil is better in my opinion.

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2006-10-30 19:02:09

here's a more practical solution: convert the midi to mp3 using iTunes (it does do it). this way in case you don't want to get a freaking shareware program you can use that instead.

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2007-01-03 20:49:45

Cool, you can also change the *.MIDI to *.WAV then use this converter http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm to change to mp3... I've only done it once a long time ago... so, use at your own risk!

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2007-01-03 20:50:44

Nice tutorial for the people who need it most.

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2007-11-13 08:32:11

Another way to do it, and probably faster is:

File > Import > MIDI
Open the MIDI file

A channel (or more than one) will be there with your MIDI data in it.
Click Play.
No sound :(

To make sound:
Right-click the channel you want sound from (eg. keyboard) and go to:
Replace > FL Keys

If you want to change the sound, then modify the parameters of the FL Keys instrument.

Response to Tutorial: Midi To Mp3 W/ Fl Studio 2009-07-10 20:32:49

Silvershot...there is midi maker ..it is not free but if you download the trial and it goes beyond the evaluation, it does nothing. You can continue to fully use it...It's kinda stupid really. It is a easy 8 track midi making program. really not confusing ^.^