Respond to this Topic
Eques-Ardor
Eques-Ardor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:19:25 Reply

At 12/12/04 03:18 AM, _MessiaH_ wrote: You all forgot someone.

OMG, He's right!

No one put Gel!

BBS Signature
RobG096
RobG096
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:24:44 Reply

Legendary Frog: One Ring series and Matrix spoofs
Adam Philips: Prowlies
Evil_Dog: Punk-O-Matic
Super_Flash_Brohers: Matrix has you spoofs
Tommorows Nobodys: Tommorows Nobodys 2-My favorite flash.

Farmageddon
Farmageddon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:28:05 Reply

1) Doki (David Firth) - Milkman, Salad Fingers, Burnt Face Man, Spoilsbury Toast Boy.
2) Knox (Robert B.) - Klay movies, awesomely funny dubs
3) Krinkles (Matt Jolly) - Madness Apotheosis
4) Chulaid (Adam Phillips) - Brakenwood series
5) BadDeeds: Very notable newcomer, great skill and potential. - Smooth Bad Busters, Naked Woman Steep Hill

Honorary Mentions:
Sakupen - Dad's Home!
LifePoint1/Max - Xin series
SickSexFiend (SickDeathFiend) - For minimizing the Suck Level of the Piconjo movies.

Musicfreak527
Musicfreak527
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:37:05 Reply

I WOULD CHOOSE
KNOX
Legendary Frog
Abob
Musicfreak527
Secret Agent Bob

Duck-Man
Duck-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:46:29 Reply

Drumstick- claveman and the funny friday short
Evil-Dog- Punk-o-matic, just another psycho and his 10 sec in 10 second show case
James Farr- need to say more than "Amazing"??
Dan Palladin- Amazing stuff about the blue guy and the other one killing the big golem
Luis- Because he created the flash time trial

Barry-Fanilow
Barry-Fanilow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:52:37 Reply

-Piconjo- Piconjo is the man of 2004, he has probobly made more influence on NG than any other one flash artist over the last year, whether people want to admit it or not.
-TheWeebl- Weebl and Bob is the shit, one of the first flashes I saw on NG, still a fav. artist
-Tommorows_Nobody- The old TN was the shit
--Knox- He has made a huge impact on the portal over the last year with his claymation
-Krinkles- The madness series is badass

BBS Signature
LAVAGASM
LAVAGASM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:54:05 Reply

At 12/11/04 07:28 PM, Frontrow wrote: 1) Frontrow
2) Lavagasm
3) Aligatorhead
4) Doki
5) J_Smooth

That sounds about right.

DoddyUK
DoddyUK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 13:59:07 Reply

Klacid - The king of the sim date, bringing a touch of Aussie humour to NG.
He's created my two personal favourite flashes of the year, Love Hina Sim Date RPG and I Own Time

Adam Phillips - Prowlies At The River and Bitey of Brackenwood. Enough said.

TomFulp - No, I'm not being an arse-kisser. But seriously, this year Tom has helped to create what looks like one of the most successful console games of the year with Alien Homind. Most of us only dream of making a successful video game. Tom has gone ahead and done it.

Weebl - By introducing the world to to wonders of Pie with his friend Bob, as well as creating some of the most addictive flash movies ever with the likes of Kenya and Magical Trevor, this guy definately deserves a place in the top five. Hell, he's even made a TV advert for Anchor butter, and had Weebl and Bob shown on MTV2. Now that's excellence for you.

Piconjo - Err0r had a go at trying to be the most controvertial artist this year, but it seems that Piconjo has just swept everything before him aside. Yes, he can be a complete arsehole, but he has the ability to completely divide the BBS and the ability to make awesome flashes alongside the shit he usually churns out. I admit I'm not much of a fan, but hats off to him.

Maxilor
Maxilor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:20:43 Reply

LEGENDARY FROG
KNOX
GERKINMAN
IWILLPRESS
TOMFULP

sry if i misprononced any names here

Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004

iheartslipknot
iheartslipknot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:34:25 Reply

Legendary Frog
Knox
David Firth

Only ones I can think of, off the top of my head....

iheartslipknot
iheartslipknot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:36:13 Reply

Ahh Forgot Adam Phillips and illwillpress.
Reasons are cause ALL 5 ARE FKIN AMAZING!!!!!

xx :) Big Fan!!! xx

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:38:39 Reply

MindChamber Rand Solem Iwillpress David Firth X-zombie Stickdeath fiend

DJRunaway
DJRunaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:44:23 Reply

James Farr
David "Salad Fingers" Firth
_Gamecubicle_
Adam Phillips
Sakupen

XeroxHoax
XeroxHoax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:47:40 Reply

My peak pick of artists would be:

MindChamber
Synj
Zhu
Section8Studios
JamesFarr

nonessentialshine
nonessentialshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:52:48 Reply

1)illwillpress
2)the_super_flash_bros.
3)tom fulp(c'mon!he made a game and it went to ps2, i think he has some talent)
4)legendary frog
5)double helix

Back-Door-Baron
Back-Door-Baron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:52:50 Reply

At 12/12/04 02:20 PM, Maxilor wrote: sry if i misprononced any names here

I was unaware of the pronunciation required in writing...

Anyway, I haven't looked over many others' lists, but here's mine in somewhat chaotic order (implying that two next to each other might not be in order, but the first one is definitely higher on my list than the last one).

Adam Phillips
Pro: One of the most professional styles of art we have on this site. His artwork is smooth, well synced up to the music, and well written. It's flash like these that NG was created to host.
Con: He's only come out with two shorts; it would be nice to see more or even a series that connects the individual shorts besides having the same main character. Although I do like the open nature of his films; I guess my only complaint is that I want more. Is that really a complaint?

Legendary Frog
Pro: Very funny artist who uses icons of our childhood to create a sense of comfort and desire to see his work. His writing is witty and he definitely has a style that can imitated but never duplicated.
Con: Sometimes it seems like he chooses quantity over quality and will rush a project to make it good when it could be great. The artwork is wonderful but could be more refined; the script is funny but could use more of that LF wit we all know and love. Kind of the opposite of Adam Phillips-- instead of taking as much time as he can on one and making it the best he can, he will release three or four good but slightly decreased in quality flashes.

piconjo
Pro: One of the funniest satirists we have at this site. The way he takes someone else's style and throws it back at their face with a spoof is incomparable. He shows great talent... which actually leads us to his Con list.
Con: His great talent is overshadowed by his ability to spoof. I would love to see some great animations that are purely his; I know they can be amazing, but he doesn't put the effort into it like I would hope to see.

illwillpress
Pro: He clearly has a style that cannot be duplicated, and he has created one of the most recognizable characters on the site. He has a lot of good press as well as bad press, but that only increases his name's recognition. His writing is funny and witty, although at times it can seem somewhat redundant. His flash talent along with his writing have made him the center of many love/hate debates, with followers of both sides. It must feel good to have that much emotion poured towards one, even if it's not always good.
Con: While his writing is always new and fresh, his animations (especially the Foamy rants) get a bit repetitive. They are all funny in their own right, but don't try and watch them together-- Foamy can get annoying after a while, and seeing the same thing over and over again even if it's saying something different might be mind numbing. While I understand that Foamy is a great character, more animations need to do less with Foamy and more with branching out into the world he has created.

Wiesi-Mausland
Pro: Can anyone else say they have created some of the most anticipated games on the site this year? His Frank's Adventure games along with Castle Cat have been fan favorites and created more anticipation than Episode III is garnering. His artwork and style are very distinct, yet he can create very different styles of games. His versatility keep him at the top of his game because nothing gets tired and overdone.
Con: He is most definitely a 1st half 2004 artist... I haven't seen much from him lately and he may have faded in the minds of the general public. Newer members probably have never seen a flash by him. His Frank's Adventure games seemed to promise so much, and the third one delivered less than the hype. Some of his smaller games are very quick and not too difficult to play; on the other hand, he does have a lot on his plate and he needs to choose his priorities.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I hope it helps some (I just hope it wasn't a waste of time) :)

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

ndmediaNG
ndmediaNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:53:54 Reply

1) Adam Phillips - Prowlies and all the other work he submits to NG is top tier.

2) Jeremy Lokken - Old school and still an avid submitter, he's submitted some pretty sick stuff this year.. Sick but amazingly funny.

3) David Firth - Salad Fingers is very wierd, but original, unlike a lot of other artists' work.

4) Pikanjo - Top tier quality again, PK series is very professional, and his short in The Matrix Has You was near as good as the movie.

5) RobH66 - Only one work submitted but it's got cinema quality animation, proving just what can be done with flash.

People who should NOT be on the top 5:
IllWillPress - All his work is the same, with not much effort put into it, it got old after the 2nd animation to me.

Legendary Frog - For his unoriginal generic humor flash, the animation is good but so far his movies have only made me smile, not laugh.

Gonna get flamed.. But James Farr. Xombie started off great but it's starting to get really cheesy and it's not appealing to me any more.

ABob
ABob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:54:51 Reply

At 12/11/04 07:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you had to name the five most notable NG artists of 2004, who would they be?

1.ABob
2.ABob
3.ABob
4.ABob
5.-Knox-

ABob
ABob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 14:58:18 Reply

oh and musicfreak527....you rock!

GAMECUBICLE
GAMECUBICLE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:02:47 Reply

I.R. Only being mentioned once :(
Anyways. I think i did pretty ok this year

2 daily features
3 daily 3rd
2 daily 4th

And i submitted 18 movies/tutorials this year. Pretty ok i think.

Anyways. here is my top 3:

1: Adam "Chluaid" Philips

2: James Farr

3: Granfaloon

Aliyen
Aliyen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:16:15 Reply

Ed Atlin

Marc M.

David Firth.

Knox

eviloyster
eviloyster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:19:58 Reply

I'd have to say......

Klacid
TENT
legendaryfrog
theweebl
TLF

FullyClothedMike
FullyClothedMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:21:52 Reply

At 12/11/04 07:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Post your top five list to this thread!

Sakupen
Dan Paladin
SamBakZa
Luis and
TheWeebl.

Super-Perro
Super-Perro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:22:30 Reply

In no particular order.

The_Super_Flash_Bros For some killer work, especially the decline series.

LegendaryFrog for all his witty and wonderful submissions.

jamesfarr for producing one of the most lovable zombie serials I've seen in any medium lately.

RobsH66 for creating one of the most seemless flash animations I've ever seen. Can't wait for the full version to be done.

Adam Phillips for his continued work pushing the boundries of flash.

SherbetBoy
SherbetBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:44:09 Reply

My top favorite artists haven't changed since last year, since they all keep turning out awesome shit. Here they are, in no particular order (cause i couldnt decide which is best)
1) Pikanjo
2) illwillpress
3) krinkels
4) -knox-
5) jotandjab

DeviousMiscreant
DeviousMiscreant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:46:51 Reply

Adam Philips - The artwork is excellent and all of his animation is just amazingly smooth and flawless (the Hitchhiker animations are easily on par with the Brackenwood stuff as well).

Sakupen - Dad's Home rocks and so does Walk-Smash-Walk. Great first submissions.

David Firth/Mr. Happy Face - Weird, weird stuff.

.::!Funky _Chickin!::. - Really original style, not seen anything else like it.

James Farr - I'm not as big a fan of the Xombie series as some but he definitely deserves a mention.

I'd also chuck illwillpress and satim's names up as I'm a Neurotically Yours fan and Menya zovut Shnur rocked.

FridgeMunky
FridgeMunky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:47:57 Reply

-TheWeebl
-The_Super_Flash_Bros
-ILLwillpress
-Piconjo
AND THE BEST ARTIST ON NG:
-LegendayFrog

GO FROG GO!!!!

Matt8446
Matt8446
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:54:15 Reply

My 5 are as follows

RobH66 - Best flash animation of the year...

Piconjo - Has given us all something controversal to compian about/praise that has kept NG from boredom. Also for proving he can make good flash as well as bad flash and for genrally inciting riots here on the BBS...

Synj - An amazing year for Dan this, we have seen some of the best work yet from, not to forget AH...

Krinkels - For giving us some orginal work that is a mix of human/stick people a, style previously untried...

Super_Flash_Bros - A realtivly new pair of artists that have made some of the most successful work of the year...

Others that have missed the top 5:

LegendaryFrog - Although his work is good, the most recent ones by him have lacked the something that made his previous ones so good...

illwillpress - His works recently just haven't been very good for quite a while since Squirell Songs, a sure sign maybe it's time to end Neurotically Yours...

The Entire Star Syndicate - Same reasons as Piconjo, but they haven't had the same impact he did so they just missed the top 5...

Randy Solem(VGDC) - He hasn't really done too much recently so he doesn't really get into the top 5...

Emulous-1
Emulous-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 15:56:53 Reply

5: Pikanjo. Who can forget the PK series. It still stands as a land mark and something really resfeshing to watch with some of the best comedy on NG

4:FLASHCAFE. Russian animating stuidos that really ask question with there touching flash movies, I love these films and I advise anyone to watch them.

3:David Firth. He produces some really woderful werid films. When I first seen Scribbler I was never so touched by a flash film and he went straight onto my favorite authors but then to follow up with something like Salad Fingers! This guy has talent.

2:-Knox-. This is a kid I think will be here till the end of NG and he really just keeps getting better. His comedy style is amazing really he is one of the few who actaully makes me "lol". 2004 has seen -Knox- turn into a legend and I salute him.

1:Tomorrows_Nobody. What can I say about my favorite team of animaters. Well these are my favorite for so many reasons. This year has seen the team trasform into a new style of animating for the TN series. The year also seen the breakup and leave of ben and Chris but new members have joined and only over the last week there back up and running and realesed Nobodies short#2. They will be great for along time and have being my favorite this year

Slightly-Crazy-Dude
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Five Most Notable NG Artists: 2004 2004-12-12 16:00:51 Reply

Interesting, this wouldnt have anything to do with an awards flash would it ?

My top 5, lemme see.

Chluaid... His two hitchhiker movies seem to have been forgotten and they are fucking brilliant.

James Farr... How can you not like this guys movies, the artwork is excellent and animation style is flawless.

Piconjo..Yes i know, i know, but this kid has some serious animation skills, if he just got his head out of his arse for five minutes he could make something spectacular....again :)

Dan Paladin...Synj v Horrid two blew me away, his artwork and animation skills are seriously hot fucking shit. No wonder hes working with you, hes one of the most talented guys ive seen.

Luis Castanon...This guy knows how to capture realistic feelings and emotions in flash. He is talented witty and has contributed alot to NG with the NG time trials and all.

Wow that took longer than i thought.