Be a Supporter!

Portal Voting

  • 28,959 Views
  • 489 Replies
Respond to this Topic
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:28:08 Reply

At 12/6/04 06:33 PM, -Gooie- wrote:
At 12/6/04 11:45 AM, liljim wrote: Is that right.
yeah, it really is. God forbid I have standards that I hold people's work to. If I don't see it, I blam it. Besides, I highly doubt that's even my voting rank. I don't even vote 5 or 0, so nice try

You stupid ass. LilJim is not the type of person who would make up a graphic to pretend we aren't tracking your stats. I should terminate your worthless account just for doubting anything he says. We have many different stats logged. The particular graphic LilJim showed you was a listing of under judgment entries you have voted on. However, most of those entries you saw were entries that have been flagged for review, and could be a month old or more. At the time LilJim screen grabbed that, there may not have been any entries under judgment, so the entries in your listen were all old. This doesn't mean we don't have other logs showing your voting history, it was just an example.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:29:32 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:02 PM, madhatt3r wrote:
also, there's just no reason for us to waste our time gathering people up at different times each day for a stupid dailytoon. they're just for fum! it's not like we're putting something world moving onto newgrounds. like i said, we aren't stealing awards by use of any type of mass voting from people who deserve them more than us, nor are we trying to take over newgrounds with our shitty flash. just relax, vote 0 or whatever you want to vote on them, and move on.

I like Daily Toons, and I fully back the Star Syndicate up on the fact that there is NO mass voting going on involving them.

And even if something was happening, like Hatter said, at most they would have 30 members on. thats only like, 35% of the votes needed to pass.

People vote higher on DailyToons, because they are pointless, but funny as hell.


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
DarkSnipe
DarkSnipe
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:30:53 Reply

OK WHAT THE HELL?

BonusStage
BonusStage
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:32:21 Reply

Today has been a great day to begin to vote fairly all the time, i've gotten AT LEAST 5 more saves and a couple more blams due to it, YEAH FOR LETTING IT LOAD :D


The Truth. but seriously why is this shit still only 3 lines shit used to be 5 lines, HOW MUCH MORE FUCKIN BANDWIDTH WAS THAT TOM, HOW MUCH? Also, hot rosalina porn link ;D

BBS Signature
GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Member since: May. 3, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:34:58 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:28 PM, WadeFulp wrote: You stupid ass.

Sorry, I'll vote conservative next time.

LilJim is not the type of person who would make up a graphic to pretend we aren't tracking your stats.

With the history of our run-ins, I wouldn't put it past him.

I should terminate your worthless account just for doubting anything he says.

Wrongful termination. that's cute.

We have many different stats logged.

Yeah, the thing is, I don't remember that at all, so either it was an error, or someone is using my name after me. Come to think of it, I let my students use it so maybe they are voting, too. I told them not to. Oh well.

Either way, Wade, you're being abrasive, sporadic and harsh.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:35:01 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:02 PM, madhatt3r wrote: i never said i didn't want to see it, but thanks for hurting my feelings with your obscene and unnecessary words. i actually enjoy its nice little music clip and fade in. i was asking why it was there, that's all. no need to go into attack mode.

Sorry, I didn't think I could hurt the feelings of someone, with my silly words, who has a picture of a girl with a face full of cum as their profile image.

So now you enjoy the NG intro Flash? Funny, from your initial comment about it I was under the impression you didn't like it:

"what's with the new NG logo before every flash that comes up before the actual preloader, but only if you're not logged in? the only problem i have with this is that i rarely log in, spare to deposit a couple of times a month, or to post something, and i noticed that it can sometimes ruin the mood of a flash."


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:35:51 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:32 PM, BonusStage wrote: Today has been a great day to begin to vote fairly all the time, i've gotten AT LEAST 5 more saves and a couple more blams due to it, YEAH FOR LETTING IT LOAD :D

In the end it benefits everyone.

-You get to see more movies, and even if it is crap, you can laugh at how terrible it is

-The flash artist has a better chance of getting a fairer vote to get acrosss the portal


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
swive
swive
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:38:06 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:34 PM, -Gooie- wrote: Yeah, the thing is, I don't remember that at all, so either it was an error, or someone is using my name after me. Come to think of it, I let my students use it so maybe they are voting, too. I told them not to. Oh well.

Wade and Liljim would not lie about an issue as small as this. As a newbie html/php coder, I can see that NG was very well built and they probably log the smallest stuff like what time you signed on/off (if they have the storage space).

BonusStage
BonusStage
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:47:17 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:35 PM, DarkArchon wrote: In the end it benefits everyone.

HOW SO :o

-You get to see more movies, and even if it is crap, you can laugh at how terrible it is

Indeed that is true ^.^

-The flash artist has a better chance of getting a fairer vote to get acrosss the portal

Heh, indeed just now this movie came through, and if it wasn't for me beginning to watch it i seriously would have voted 0, but NOW i have learned the TRUE ways of the voting *bows*


The Truth. but seriously why is this shit still only 3 lines shit used to be 5 lines, HOW MUCH MORE FUCKIN BANDWIDTH WAS THAT TOM, HOW MUCH? Also, hot rosalina porn link ;D

BBS Signature
ForrestKnight
ForrestKnight
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:51:33 Reply

Shut up, Wadolf.

DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:55:26 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:51 PM, ForrestKnight wrote: Shut up, Wadolf.

Thats ignorant.


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
ForrestKnight
ForrestKnight
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 19:58:24 Reply

But it should be heeded.

Farmageddon
Farmageddon
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:01:40 Reply

I gave myself a dark aura, but I tend to be fair according to my own standards. I'm going to vote according to the way I want to vote.

I'm going to vote zeros on movies that I don't like. I'm going to try to blam sprite movies that many would feel are decent enough to pass, because I don't like sprites. (There are exceptions, I often can tell the better ones from the crappier ones and I vote 2's and 3's on those that usually make it onto the daily top 5.) I vote zeros on flashes that have below-average graphics or no preloader orsound. I also vote zeros on mediocre flashes, knowing that they very likely would get passed. I also vote zeros on top50 entries because that I think do not deserve being in the top 50.

Is that ok?

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:02:52 Reply

At 12/6/04 07:34 PM, -Gooie- wrote: Either way, Wade, you're being abrasive, sporadic and harsh.

Yeah, and you're being a pain in the ass. Keep in mind you started up with me by bringing my political views into this. Let's look at some of the things you've said and see who is really being the asshole:

"Besides, I highly doubt that's even my voting rank. I don't even vote 5 or 0, so nice try"

then you state:

"Come to think of it, I let my students use it so maybe they are voting, too."

However, you fail to apologize for basically calling LilJim a liar. Maybe YOU didn't vote that way, but if your students are using YOUR account to vote that way we can only assume it is YOU. You are responsible for the activity that takes place from your account.

"Wade is being such a dick to me. He explained that the picture liljim used wasn't accurate of my posts, but he said he wants to terminate my account. This wouldn't be the first time he's pulled something like that.

Yeah, I still remember him doing it years ago and I hate him for it."

My suggestion of terminating your account, which is really just me fucking with you and joking around, had nothing to do with your voting record, it had to do with the fact that you are calling us liars and when we try and present you with facts you doubt them and take shots at our credibility.

Some of your comments about LilJim, who is one of the finest people I have ever met:

"He's full of shit because I never vote 5 or zero. I always put 4 or 1, unless I really like the flash."

Then of course from your first post, after I warned people that we are watching, and we are, you come up with:

"I highly doubt that, Wade-poo. Mostly everyone does it, and no, this isn't a confession."

So if the police come out and say "We will be watching highway so and so from December 12th to the 14th" would you say to them: "I highly doubt that, everyone speeds through there, not that I do of course!" ?? The police have the technology to catch speeders, but they can't be everywhere at once, and now and then they make a big effort to crack down on problem areas.

We are doing the same thing. We've let this problem go for a while, and I decided it was time to crack down. We've always had the technology to do it, we just have been to busy with other things.

So why don't you take your typical liberal conspiracy theories and shove them up your ass.

Sorry if you feel I'm being mean to you, but I don't care for people who call me a liar and talk shit about my friends.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
cjrs
cjrs
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:09:49 Reply

Just a question - if i've seen the movie and voted on it, can I vote again without having to rewatch it?

For instance, I voted "Dad's Home" a 5 a couple of days ago without watching it because i've seen it before...so is that a no with the new system?

DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:11:32 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:09 PM, cjrs wrote: Just a question - if i've seen the movie and voted on it, can I vote again without having to rewatch it?

For instance, I voted "Dad's Home" a 5 a couple of days ago without watching it because i've seen it before...so is that a no with the new system?

Its a great movie, and deserves the recognition.

The point of this topic is the people that vote Zero or Five, based on what the person has posted prior, as opposed to viewing the movie and voting fairly.


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:14:46 Reply

Wade you really opened the light for me,now i understand how hard flash artists work on their movies (some of them) im just so used to idiots making bullshit accounts on 1,000s of accounts just to make blam points for their REAL accounts but ill make sure to watch all of the movies from now on,unless its a bullshit stick flash ^_^ thanx again wade for showing the good and the truth to me


NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:15:21 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:09 PM, cjrs wrote: Just a question - if i've seen the movie and voted on it, can I vote again without having to rewatch it?

I said it before, and I'll say it AGAIN. This only applies to entries that are under judgment. If the movie isn't under judgment and you want to come back and vote on it without watching it, that's fine.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:16:32 Reply

Gooie doesn't respond well to criticism }8-}

That made my day, wade.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom HATE. Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:19:13 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:14 PM, Anti-Portal wrote: Wade you really opened the light for me,now i understand how hard flash artists work on their movies (some of them) im just so used to idiots making bullshit accounts on 1,000s of accounts just to make blam points for their REAL accounts but ill make sure to watch all of the movies from now on,unless its a bullshit stick flash ^_^ thanx again wade for showing the good and the truth to me

We'll keep making the site better and eventually we'll be cracking down on the people making mass acounts to submit crap entries, or whatever, and track them back to their main account and terminate it as well.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Gagne-1
Gagne-1
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:19:48 Reply

Just a question, Wade.
How can you catch ppl who don't watch the movies under judgment if they can only vote when its loaded?

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:23:12 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:16 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Gooie doesn't respond well to criticism }8-}

That made my day, wade.

So you are saying -Gooie- is a hypocrite? He sure enjoys being critical of me and others, so I think he should tolerate some in return. :)


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:23:42 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:19 PM, Bob_the_Dark_One wrote: Just a question, Wade.
How can you catch ppl who don't watch the movies under judgment if they can only vote when its loaded?

Because they can vote as soon as the content window is opened and don't have to wait for it to fully load.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:26:25 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 12/6/04 08:19 PM, Bob_the_Dark_One wrote: Just a question, Wade.
How can you catch ppl who don't watch the movies under judgment if they can only vote when its loaded?
Because they can vote as soon as the content window is opened and don't have to wait for it to fully load.

There was something in place so that the movie was required to FULLY load prior to being able to vote, however, it was removed because of incompatability

(I believe this was mentioned before, but im not sure)


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
n0t0
n0t0
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:26:34 Reply

But dont you have to see the movie before you can vote? The voting bar wont appear until you actually click "Watch the Movie."

Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:27:48 Reply

And how are you going to do this to the people who dont go to the bbs. Yes, of course this is on the front page, but id bet that there are quite a few people who just instantly go onto the portal without reading. Im just not sure how many people acually read the front page.

Of course the answer is probly simple but id just like to know what you would plan to do.

DarkArchon
DarkArchon
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:28:50 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:26 PM, n0t0 wrote: But dont you have to see the movie before you can vote? The voting bar wont appear until you actually click "Watch the Movie."

user's will click "Watch this Movie" then close the window. After they, they will vote based on specific things they look for.

Including;

Co-Authors, Previous submissions, batting average, etc.


My Email -- DarkArchon@Newgrounds.com ... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:33:17 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:27 PM, Soul_Chamber wrote: And how are you going to do this to the people who dont go to the bbs. Yes, of course this is on the front page, but id bet that there are quite a few people who just instantly go onto the portal without reading. Im just not sure how many people acually read the front page.

Of course the answer is probly simple but id just like to know what you would plan to do.

To bad for them. They should stay informed. Plus the fact that we don't have to give warning about this, people know it's wrong, or at least they should know it's wrong. So fuck 'em if they are doing it. I just like to be NICE and give people fair warning. It also makes me feel less guilty when I have to punish people, because I really am I nice guy. Many people like to paint me as otherwise, but just ask anyone who has met me in person what they think of me.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
ScottTowels
ScottTowels
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:34:25 Reply

At 12/6/04 08:26 PM, DarkArchon wrote: There was something in place so that the movie was required to FULLY load prior to being able to vote, however, it was removed because of incompatability

(I believe this was mentioned before, but im not sure)

Too bad that it was removed. If we can oblige people to view at least a part of a movie, then the admins wouldn't be obliged to track down some users and remove their pts.

... but if a movie doesn't load then the voting bar would never appear and the submission will be underjudgement forever :O

Unless of course a timer is included.

:( I prefer that solution to the current one. Damn incompatability.

MystWilliams
MystWilliams
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Portal Voting 2004-12-06 20:37:02 Reply

I only read the first post, so spare my ignorance.

Wade, are you just talking about movies under judgement, or all movies in the portal.
Because, sometimes, if i am in a rush and just want to get my experience for the day, i will go to moves out of judgement and rate them w/e they already are.
So if the rating is 3.2... i will give it a fair 3, or maybe a 4 if i had seen it before and liked it.
Is that wrong? I would like to know, becuas ei do it fro mtime to time when i am i na rush and i do not want to get burned for it.