00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AH IGN Interview

11,261 Views | 94 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 19:31:53

At 11/25/04 06:02 PM, tydiggy wrote: i don't like alien homnid, its rip off of metal slug!!

Shut the fuck up. Who said you could talk?

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 20:26:13

It's not a rip off of Metal Slug, they've been saying it took inspiration from games like Contra and Metal Slug, so that those who have never seen the prototype here on Newgrounds would get an idea of what it's supposed to be. I myself would buy the game, no questions asked, but there is no Xbox version...

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 20:52:08

on the first or second page a guy mentioned smash bros type game only with NG charaters, that is an awesome idea, SYNJ versus AH, or Strawberry Clock versus Foamy. probably novelty-ish, but it would still be very cool.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 21:39:37

At 11/24/04 10:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: Be sure to check out this IGN Interview for Alien Hominid!

Go read that interview!

Anyone wanna place bets that Tom becomes the next Bill Gates? lol

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 22:44:01

hey tom would you authography my copy

gawd i love AH so much

and to think when AH came out in the portal i gave it a 5 i am amazed that game would later be in my playstation 2
amazing eh

hope u and everyone had a happy thanks giving

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-25 23:15:31

My copy should come tomorrow! Great job U guys! Must've been quite the adventure meeting all these new people, learning new programming and art skills, getting all the support and compliments, and taking Newgrounds.com into a whole new level!

CONGRATS TOM, DAN, AND JOHN! :D

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-26 04:26:29

the games looks awesome!! the interview was pretty sweet too
its exiting to hear your plans for the future
you should defenetly begin working on the sequel as soon as possible!!!
i can already see it
more levels like??
a gungle!! with aztec temples and cannibal apes that found hominid's space ship and worship it beling its a god when it fell from the sky!! awsome story
you could also do a underwater city worl
its so exiting theres so many possibitlitys
anyway meanwhile ill enjoy AH
great job guys!!! the game is awesome and its only your first console game you will only get better!!

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-26 08:09:37

really good job guys ! it's really cool that a ah2 is
coming

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-26 08:49:50

I want it so bad T_T but im one of those PS2 pre-orders that havnt bin filled yet.

It truly looks like you guys made a unique side scroller with its own style.

ps Dan i love ur style of drawing/art

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-26 16:02:21

Will there be cheats in the console version?

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-26 19:53:00

A suggestion to Tom: update the faq on alienhominid.com, it's really out of date, and that is the official site...

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-27 00:01:41

I like the new VIEW style on newgrounds. It adds just that extra bit of flavor that gives even more charm to watching flash here. I like it.

Keep up the amazing work!

BBS Signature

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-27 01:15:42

I've kinda gone a little over my current game buying budget for now, so I'm asking for this game for XMas. I definitely like how it looks and I love balls to the wall 2d shooters.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-27 02:21:42

Intergrating NG users for the development of the next game?

...Sounds like fun! I too would love to see what Behemoth's take on a 4 player party fighter like Smash Bros., Power Stone, and its ilk would be like...

A first idea I could suggest would be to go along the lines of something like Viewtiful Joe, allowing for the fighting engine to be very stylish and such...

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-27 05:01:23

I got the game.
I'm at the level where the Russians are, and I noticed the tribute to 'UFA'.
I have to say, I liked the highway level the most.

P.S. - Great game.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-27 23:45:44

I'm glad that this got review by so many different sources. It shall have dead reckoning in our lives and country. I am eating an apple on the haed of my bed... la la la la laaa...

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-28 10:10:03

I have been long awaiting the release of Alien Hominid... well actually long awating the arrival in my mailbox. I checked with a game store in my local mall [Chattanooga, TN] to see if they knew anything about the release date of AH and he checked on his computer thing and told me it wasn't coming out until February 2nd or something. I was really disappointed to hear I was gonna have to wait another 3 months or so before I could play AH on my Game Cube. If you know this info is wrong please let me know. I will continue looking for it in stores and will digi cam it when I see it. Thanks.

--Mikey

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-28 10:10:44

Yes It is a blast.
Maybe I'm just crazy but I think its the best game in the genre!
Love the style. I play multi with my sister, she think its hard but I'm an master of avoiding bullets.Did I say that I love this game? Anyway I do! I would really freak out if you guys made an sequel.
Good Work I hope many people realize how good this game and buyed, you deserve candy for your work.
Synj, I love your style.
Lol the "flower gore" is quite funny, I think the blood is better but My sister won't play with me if I dont turn the blood off so I'm happy you made it.

Good Luck with your future sales!

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-28 10:15:30

At 11/25/04 08:52 PM, drmooski wrote: on the first or second page a guy mentioned smash bros type game only with NG charaters, that is an awesome idea, SYNJ versus AH, or Strawberry Clock versus Foamy. probably novelty-ish, but it would still be very cool.

FOCK YEAH! Awsome idea! Smash Bros is by far my favorite fighting game. I have always hoped they would continue making more sequals or someone else would get the hint and make the same type game. Maybe involving blood and guts though. I think it would be straight as fuck to have NG characters!

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-28 10:57:16

At 11/28/04 10:15 AM, SlipKnot420 wrote: FOCK YEAH! Awsome idea! Smash Bros is by far my favorite fighting game. I have always hoped they would continue making more sequals or someone else would get the hint and make the same type game. Maybe involving blood and guts though. I think it would be straight as fuck to have NG characters!

You don't see the blatant copyright issue, ESPECIALLY in relation to Strawberry Clock?!?

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-29 03:24:53

This game looks so awsome and I want it so bad. I wish I wasn't poor. I swear I will find a way to buy this game. Some how, I will find a way to buy this game!

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-29 12:43:32

Its great. The logo for each movi/game adds a nice touch.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-29 20:23:58

i pre -ordered the gc version of the game about three weeks before the scheduled ps2 release date and paid the extra six bucks or whatever for three day shipping, and i have yet to see hide nor hair or my coveted ah. poop.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-30 09:25:08

At 11/29/04 08:23 PM, gank wrote: i pre -ordered the gc version of the game about three weeks before the scheduled ps2 release date and paid the extra six bucks or whatever for three day shipping, and i have yet to see hide nor hair or my coveted ah. poop.

Well at least I'm not the only one then. I was starting to get scared that the post office fucked me again.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-30 11:07:17

Same here. I ordered off the AH website 2 weeks before the stated shipping date of November 16th. On Novemeber 17th somebody changed the shipping date to the 23rd without notification or explanation.

When I bought the game I was told I would recieve an email confirmation when my item shipped. The 23rd came and went without confirmation that my game had been shipped.

I called the number of the shipping page and got an answering machine telling me to call during business hours even though I was calling during their business hours. The message I left with to them has not been returned.

The game has not arrived. There has still been no confirmation email from the alien hominid store.

Someone at the behemoth needs to get on the phone to cdsbooks.com and get some answers as to when this game is going to be shipped. This is bullshit.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-11-30 11:57:08

At 11/28/04 10:10 AM, SlipKnot420 wrote: I have been long awaiting the release of Alien Hominid... well actually long awating the arrival in my mailbox. I checked with a game store in my local mall [Chattanooga, TN] to see if they knew anything about the release date of AH and he checked on his computer thing and told me it wasn't coming out until February 2nd or something. I was really disappointed to hear I was gonna have to wait another 3 months or so before I could play AH on my Game Cube. If you know this info is wrong please let me know. I will continue looking for it in stores and will digi cam it when I see it. Thanks.

--Mikey

well, i picked up my copy of AH at EB games maybe 3 or 4 days ago, so either you're in some remote farmworld or they have the wrong date down. There's no way it should be that far off if you're looking for the NTSC version.

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-12-01 19:04:09

At 11/24/04 10:04 AM, TomFulp wrote:

i like 2 dance

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-12-02 03:55:10

Integreating Newgrounds users, eh?

All right, this would be awesome: 4-player party game, NG users contribute ideas for mini-games. Is that what it is? Please? I hope so :)

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-12-02 16:49:25

I am hoping to buy the gamecube or get it for christmas just to get AH. And a couple other games, of course. Well I hope its worth it. (But I'm sure it is)

Response to AH IGN Interview 2004-12-03 19:38:37

tom, that was a great interview! i bet IGN had to think of hard questions lol .