Respond to this Topic
Bakudai
Bakudai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 01:00 AM Reply

and yet you so eloquently brought the discussion to a new level of understanding.

Thank you so very much, because now I can rest easily knowing that you don't like it when people don't add to the conversation.

karr420
karr420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 01:18 AM Reply

i picked it up 4 days ago and beat it yesterday on normal. Gamestop had sold out on the day it came out here in fort walton beach. I went to Circuit city but they didnt have ne copies, so i went to EB games and they picked up 1 copy! i its a hard game but fun as hell and fresh, i unlocked alot of hats. gonna go beat it on hard and try and get the rest. i dont have a webcam so i cant provide a pic. sorry :P.
Tom and Dan, Congrats for taking a big step up on the success ladder. when will you be releasing some codes and secrets for the public?

StonedSkater
StonedSkater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 01:32 AM Reply

At 11/23/04 08:40 PM, LtXenodite wrote: bitches at walmart AND ebgames didnt have it in canada.....=(

u sure u sent it to canada? bc even? :P

Yeah i'm sure its been sent to canada i've been reading the post and some one got it in victoria...i haven't checked yet to see if its in Cranbrook yet. But i know for a fact its coming since the blockbuster has the *COMING SOON* dunno when though.. =S hopefully by this weekend for me :-D

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 11/23/04 09:11 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: Saw it at Wal-Mart last night, I was like $10 short so I gotta buy it later.

You mean you don't take a digital camera with you every time you go to Wal-Mart so you can take photos of Alien Hominid? You poor, deluded, crazy soul.

creamyspy69
creamyspy69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 03:59 AM Reply

There's a pretty good article and review of the game in EGM this month. All the reviewers seemed to dig it...

Dark-Juggalo88
Dark-Juggalo88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 04:05 AM Reply

i been talking to the ppl at the game sotre every day, they said there was some kind of problem ''networking'' but it should be on the shelves soon, i got my preorder :)

DragTheWater
DragTheWater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 05:40 AM Reply

why is it the stores only get like 5 or so copies of it in?

Using grammar in a forum is like having 22 inch rims. sure its nice and pretty, but its more for showing off than anything else.

BBS Signature
SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 06:32 AM Reply

I've checked Wal-Mart and Target. No Alien Homonid. I don't know what to do. My mom's an idiot and wouldn't lend me her credit card for the world.

Anybody know any other good place to pick up a copy of AH? I thought tom said something about it being at random wal-marts. Figures it wouldn't be the ones in nebraska, heh.....

Minecraft server: proxa.co
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
Fiberoptic-Ninja
Fiberoptic-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 06:39 AM Reply

im geting my copy for christmas too :D i cant wait the flash version is awesome...
i just want to say that tom is a genius and i wish him all the best for the future.

MMK
MMK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 08:04 AM Reply

I Look forward to seeing it here

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:16 AM Reply

At 11/23/04 08:40 PM, LtXenodite wrote: bitches at walmart AND ebgames didnt have it in canada.....=(

Some parts of Canada might not have it because there is not a French version of the instruction manual yet... I believe some parts of Canada my require that...?

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:18 AM Reply

But Tom, will it be translated, when it comes here in Europe? You asked if there was a translator thing or people, who would like to translate it in Dutch. You already got that?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:21 AM Reply

At 11/23/04 11:30 PM, Miggs wrote: One question, Tom... if you read this... Is there a possibility we'll see Pico on a consol?

I would love to see Pico on the consoles, but I think Pico would need to be done in 3D... I have the whole visual style and play mechanics in my head. The problem is, bringing Pico to consoles will require a considerable budget... So we probably need to have a few successful console games under our belt before it happens.

The other option for Pico would be to release a compilation disc... This would basically be a trilogy of Pico adventures as well as a collection of chronicles revolving around sub-characters from the Pico games. Back stories and whatnot. This could potentially be 2D, although it would be more like the Pico 2 engine and not like Pico's School... Pico's School would have to be redeveloped around the new style. As for Pico 2... I am trying to not hype that anymore. Some day it might just arrive, but that some day could be long away.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 11/24/04 09:18 AM, Zendra wrote: But Tom, will it be translated, when it comes here in Europe? You asked if there was a translator thing or people, who would like to translate it in Dutch. You already got that?

We have Dutch and German translations. I don't know just how many we will end up having total.

BBS Signature
Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:32 AM Reply

At 11/24/04 09:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have Dutch and German translations. I don't know just how many we will end up having total.

That's awsome! :)
That would be released somewhere in 2005, I asume?

Janus
Janus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 11/24/04 09:16 AM, TomFulp wrote: Some parts of Canada might not have it because there is not a French version of the instruction manual yet... I believe some parts of Canada my require that...?

All parts of Canada. That's bilingualism for ya, but hell...it could be worse.

South Africa has 11 official languages. Imagine the manual then.

-Janus

LtXenodite
LtXenodite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 11/24/04 09:16 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Some parts of Canada might not have it because there is not a French version of the instruction manual yet... I believe some parts of Canada my require that...?

screw quebec everyone hates quebec and its the only place that needs french :P i live in surrey, b.c. on west coast so shouldnt be a problem, i'll check again in a couple days

ffextreme
ffextreme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 11:20 AM Reply

Check ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...0&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

Dragonmas121
Dragonmas121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 10:42 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/22/04 11:16 PM, Canadian-Beer wrote: IF im not too lazy i might just get it. Seriously fulp is gettin stinkin rich off this... if i buy a copy, can i have 30 percent of the profits?
If you mean 30% of my personal profits, we're talking pocket change ;)

Hey Tom, I hate the x-box, I think it sucks to hell, but I was just wondering, why isn't out for the x-box?

Morextremist
Morextremist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 03:50 PM Reply

ask wade to get opie and anthony to talk about alien hominid on their XM radio show

FootBallGenius
FootBallGenius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 04:53 PM Reply

i saw it at EB today. I am getting it for christmas

skilled-hands
skilled-hands
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 06:12 PM Reply

yay....i still need to get a copy

LtXenodite
LtXenodite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 06:27 PM Reply

im gonna call all my electronics stores now and see if they have it yet -_-

Orunitia
Orunitia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 11:24 PM Reply

i picked up a copy today, i would have taken a picture but they were keeping it in a cabinet (its a holy relic, OMG)

the pda games are addicting, and the fact its 4 player is sweet (i need a multitap now) and you can MAKE levels

and the game itself is so smooth and intense. i was like, wow, on stage 1-2

good news on sales, its sold out in gamestop, doylestown
and i got last EB games one

game is tight! so addiciting!!

(sorry about making ppl who dont have it want it MORE :P )

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature
LtXenodite
LtXenodite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 12:34 AM Reply

If anyone sees it in Surrey, B.C. (Canada) or anywhere near there plz tell me (AIM/email/post) thanks! =) I wanna get it :P

Sticknstab
Sticknstab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 02:12 AM Reply

None of my friends have seen it yet. Or maybe it's because they're still playing Halo 2. Damn, I hate how they won't shut up about it.

mastercrazy89
mastercrazy89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 01:50 PM Reply

i saw it for Ps2 in one of the EBGAmes in SF, CA. dont have a ps2 but im waiting for them to put it out for GC. should be restocking sooon

Orunitia
Orunitia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 11/25/04 02:12 AM, Sticknstab wrote: None of my friends have seen it yet. Or maybe it's because they're still playing Halo 2. Damn, I hate how they won't shut up about it.

omg i know what you mean. my friends are so friend annoying about that too, every other sentence i hear HALO. damn

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature
Miggs
Miggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 11/24/04 09:21 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/23/04 11:30 PM, Miggs wrote: One question, Tom... if you read this... Is there a possibility we'll see Pico on a consol?
I would love to see Pico on the consoles, but I think Pico would need to be done in 3D... I have the whole visual style and play mechanics in my head. The problem is, bringing Pico to consoles will require a considerable budget... So we probably need to have a few successful console games under our belt before it happens.

The other option for Pico would be to release a compilation disc... This would basically be a trilogy of Pico adventures as well as a collection of chronicles revolving around sub-characters from the Pico games. Back stories and whatnot. This could potentially be 2D, although it would be more like the Pico 2 engine and not like Pico's School... Pico's School would have to be redeveloped around the new style. As for Pico 2... I am trying to not hype that anymore. Some day it might just arrive, but that some day could be long away.

My advice, Tom, would be to shamefully beg funds from Pico fans. It would work, and as long as you came through with a game, everyone would be happy. Five dollar fund from every fan? Don't you get millions of hits in the first place? I'd send you five to help fund. I will, if you make this happen.

Start up a "If we can raise *blank* amount of money we will begin developement".

And I think Alien Homonid is going to be a bigger success than you originally would have thought. Good luck, fucker.

Darklilangel23
Darklilangel23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 25th, 2004 @ 10:45 PM Reply

all the stores from toysrus to eb to target and walmart have sold out of the game

i called around i wanted to get extra copies for my cousins

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places