Respond to this Topic
Satoshiji
Satoshiji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:43 PM Reply

I live near Lawton, Oklahoma. I visited the Wal-Marts in both Lawton and Duncan but found no copies at either store. I tried checking the GameStop there, too, but they aren't open until Wednesday. Getting it ASAP, though..

Dark-Drako
Dark-Drako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:15 PM Reply

Yay! I live in Maine, and I went to EB games and I got the very last one!!!! I am s siked!!!! Can't wait to play 4 person!

Jack-Kinoff
Jack-Kinoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 12:05 AM, RiftMaster wrote:
At 11/22/04 11:16 PM, Canadian-Beer wrote: IF im not too lazy i might just get it. Seriously fulp is gettin stinkin rich off this... if i buy a copy, can i have 30 percent of the profits?
You are an idiot.

Suck my balls riftmaster unlike you i am not a suckup and i have a sense of humor

AH Spreading...

Jack-Kinoff
Jack-Kinoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 12:14 AM, apex-ent wrote: ill second that. whadda moron

you shutup too .....apex-ent..

Jack-Kinoff
Jack-Kinoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 10:42 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/22/04 11:16 PM, Canadian-Beer wrote: IF im not too lazy i might just get it. Seriously fulp is gettin stinkin rich off this... if i buy a copy, can i have 30 percent of the profits?
If you mean 30% of my personal profits, we're talking pocket change. :)

Its still something, damnit

StarCleaver
StarCleaver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 12:56 PM, WadeFulp wrote: He told me that some 12 year old kid had been checking in for months asking about the game. I guess he finally has it, but I wonder who that kid is an if he's possibly reading this?

OMG it was me. O_o

In a response to my earlier post, Tom said that the PS2 copies would be shipping from the AH store today (might have been yesterday, I didn't check the date on his reply). When will you expect the GC copies to ship from the AH store?

I could surely die
If I only had some pie
Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature
TravTH
TravTH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:37 PM Reply

They were supposed to have it in today so I could take a picture but they didn't. Good thing I called them ahead of time though.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:42 PM Reply

A lot of stores ban photography inside, so getting a picture of the shelves might be tricky.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 11/22/04 06:08 PM, ChaosFoot wrote: Yea, I was surprised it got a T rating, but since it was animated, it kinda makes sense, also, I thought how it was great how if you turn gore off, it gets replaced with flowers, was that just for a laugh, or to rip on people who turned gore off? Just a question, I actually like it better since it makes no sense, just a question.

I'm pretty sure it's an homage to Serious Sam, whre there was a blood colour ("hippie") that made enemies bleed flowers, and turned blood stains into flower-power graffiti.

Cyberxion
Cyberxion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 06:11 PM Reply

Hey Tom, I bought the PS2 version, and I dunno what to say. I'm somewhat undwhelmed. I guess after reading all those sterling reviews, I was expecting somthing a bit more polished then what I'm playing. I'm not saying it's bad. It's not. In fact it's really fun. I guess after reading all those reviews that made it out to be a killer game, that my expectations were raised a bit too much. I dunno. I'll get back to playing, and I'll update my impressions after the third or fourth level....

Mr-Destruction
Mr-Destruction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:02 PM Reply

i saw it at gamestop herein houston, the lady said they just got it.

BBS Signature
HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 05:19 PM, Star_Cleaver wrote: OMG it was me. O_o

Stop bothering us you stupid 12 year old. You're not even old enough to be here. Wade plz ban!

And as far as you getting a copy today, some old tall dude bought the display case so now we have to use milk crates and all of the copies caught mildew. Damn old tall dude.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
SquidMan
SquidMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:20 PM Reply

i ordered mine online? when's it coming? im starved!!

Ender
Ender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:53 PM Reply

I am hella anticipating my copy of Alien Hominid. I am gonna jizz all over it.

HippoOfDoom
HippoOfDoom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:00 PM Reply

I pre ordered alien homined a long time ago from gamestop and they haven't sent it!
The release dates;
~The first one was like Oct.22
~The second November 16 "the official date"
~The third November 22
~The fourth November 23
I'm getting sick of this, I paid for one day shipping and the release date keeps moving forward, It's November 23 and I don't have my game, maybe tomarrow, meh.

OmegusInferno
OmegusInferno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:02 PM Reply

I am planning to purchase AH for my friend on Gamecube. Would it be better to buy it from you, or would it not matter if I bought it from a store?

E-mail me at: apollack@pollack.com

Thank You

BBS Signature
Shiny-Stick
Shiny-Stick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:28 PM Reply

You countin down the seconds till the NPD data comes out? Or do you have info that comes out before they give their numbers? Tough month for a game to come out with all these big titles.

HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:29 PM Reply

tom I have not still been able to take a picture. But my dad is taking me back tomorrow. Maybe I can take one then.

SZ.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
Quetzalcoatl-88
Quetzalcoatl-88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:38 PM Reply

I'm going to look for a copy when I get out of school on thanksgiving, so if I'm lucky, I'll be eating turkey and kickin' FBI ass all in the same day :)

LtXenodite
LtXenodite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:40 PM Reply

bitches at walmart AND ebgames didnt have it in canada.....=(

u sure u sent it to canada? bc even? :P

HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 09:11 PM Reply

Saw it at Wal-Mart last night, I was like $10 short so I gotta buy it later.

BBS Signature
ucantcme
ucantcme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 10:16 PM Reply

I have been waiting for Circuit City to get it but I might just rent it off Gamefly cause they have it :)

Scrogginaut
Scrogginaut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 11/23/04 12:56 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I bought the last copy, the display box, at the EB in Quakertown, PA. The guy there asked me if I go on Newgrounds.com, haha. So I introduced myself, etc. He told me that some 12 year old kid had been checking in for months asking about the game. I guess he finally has it, but I wonder who that kid is an if he's possibly reading this?

i wonder who, i really do maybe _Matt_, i think hes 12

(it may be a hint but its not me, the fucker Tom Fulp hasnt said if its comin out in NZ)

BBS Signature
Rascalman
Rascalman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 10:57 PM Reply

im gana get it for christmas for sure

AH Spreading...

Sar-Casm
Sar-Casm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:00 PM Reply

Yo, -p00pm00s3-, it really is at the (eventual) European publishers descretion, seeing as Australasia is effectively in Europe (c/o PAL). I'd say ~1 year or never.

Was just wondering, what was the approximate development cost of the project and excluding any foreign developments (European release, Xbox release) how many sales would it take to break even for everybody in the chain (at a guess) [or, just Behemoth]?

TanukiMario
TanukiMario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:08 PM Reply

Sadly to say, I have only seen one picture. That's pretty sad. Oh well. I don't have a Dig, so what am I saying? :P

Miggs
Miggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:30 PM Reply

I just picked Alien Homonid up today. I brought my digital camera around to get a pic, but just about everywhere I went had sold out of the damn thing... go figure. I eventually found it at Toys 'R Us for PS2 (I wanted it for Game Cube just for oldskool reasons, but I also wanted to play it immediately). Now, Tom... if you read this... I expected it to be good, I was even expecting it to be damn good, but this is pretty God damn great. I was very suprised, and very impressed. Congratulations for making it this far. Not all of us get to taste success. I will be picking up some figurines sometime to continue to support The Behemoth.

One question, Tom... if you read this... Is there a possibility we'll see Pico on a consol? I'd love to see you continue to develope old skoolers for consols, and I'd love to see you guys make Pico in consol form. I say, if you do it, go all the way. Lack of censorship would get you publicity, and I doubt there's any other way around that if you were to make a Pico game. It could be a very refreshing socio-satire... very dark, of course, but this world needs to quit feeling icky while continuing their hypocricies and waging all kinds of cultural, and political wars.

On a side note, WHAT THE FUCK EVER HAPPENED TO PICO 2?

YoinK
YoinK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:47 PM Reply

Maybe PICO 2 will be out for the Playstation 2 after Alien Hominid does well in sales. That Pico character is great. After i get my check tommorrow.. i'm going to go out and try and find Alien Hominid a second time around.

Also Wade, the same thing happened to me when i went to the store. "so do you go to newgrounds.com?" heh. "isn't alien hominid a flash game on newgrounds.com?" lol of course it is i told the store employee.

Kanye West Did What??????
They should make a black guy the manager, they know how to run shit!
2 Girls 1 Cup .... THE SONG!!!!

DragonPraetorTank
DragonPraetorTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:55 PM Reply

I got Alien Hominid on the 21st when EB announced it, I was surprised they yelled at me wherever I went "Sorry we only had enough to fill the preorders"... But I got it, I am on 3-2 and I am surprised, your great flash game has made an excellent 2D shooter.

Tom, Dan, planning on making a second one? I mean we need more of this stuff around, the slickness of the controls... God it is awesome. Keep up the good work guys!

barr1
barr1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to AH Spreading... Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 12:28 AM Reply

you know whats lame? theres 6 pages of posts and I only came across ONE pic of someone holding Alien Hominid.
why have so many people replied to the post if none had pics? you all need lives or to find a hobby. making a pointless post like "I'm getting it for christmas" wastes everyone's time...grrr. humans bother me...