Memorize
Memorize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 09:31 PM, Maus wrote:
I had never heard of Nebuchadnezzar referred to as Lucifer. He was the one that erected the huge statue, and then tried to burn up Meschach, Shadrach, and Abednego when they wouldn't bow to it, right? And then an angel saved them. Then Nebuchadnezzar saw 'the writing on the wall' from God's hand, foretelling the fall of Babylon. That's the story I remember, and it didn't mention Lucifer anywhere.

It mentions lucifer, i dont think there tho. It explains lucifer for being King Nebuchadnezzar (whatever), as in hairy, long finger nails, and ate with the animals ect. (ill look for where it says lucifer later). But then there's this question: Where in the bible does it say lucifer is satan?

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 09:41 PM, Soul_Chamber wrote: But then there's this question: Where in the bible does it say lucifer is satan?

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." (Isaiah 14:12-15)

Chapter 12 of Revelations relates the fall of Lucifer from heaven. The Holy Bible describes Lucifer as " that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9)

Memorize
Memorize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 09:46 PM, Maus wrote:

yeah, thats the verse.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!

Nebuchadnezzar was known as "son of morning"

How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Nebuchadnezzar had a mighty kingdom then had to eat from the ground with the animals for 7 years i think.

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." (Isaiah 14:12-15)

Nebuchadnezzar stated that he was greater than God and how his kingdom was the greatest and ascend above the clouds. strange stuff.

Chapter 12 of Revelations relates the fall of Lucifer from heaven. The Holy Bible describes Lucifer as " that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9)

nowhere in there does it say lucifer.
Here is what mine says: "and the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him". I dont see lucifer in there.

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 10:16 PM Reply

Holy. Shit.

I'm doing more research. I looked it up in my handy encyclopedia, and it corroborates your claim.

It comes from the Canaanites, who called him Shaher (the Latin translates to 'light bringer [morning star]). The Jewish Shaharit still commemorates him. His twin was Shalem, the evening star. He announced the daily death of the sun, and gave him the Word of Peace (Shalom.)

That verse from Isaiah I quoted? Total ripoff of Canaanite dirge for Morning Star:

'How hast thou fallen from heaven, Helel's son, Shaher! Thou didst say in thy heart, I will ascend to heaven, above the circumpolar stars I will raise my throne, and I will dwell on the Mount of Council in the back of the north; I will mount on the back of a cloud, I will be like unto Elyon."

Anyhoo, Kings of kingdoms were thought to aspire to be the spouse of the Goddess, elevating them to the position of Shaher, making them a Lucifer by proxy.

Point conceded. Also I found a very interesting link while digging around, thought I'd share:

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/skepticism/origin_lucifer.html

Memorize
Memorize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 10:16 PM, Maus wrote:
http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/skepticism/origin_lucifer.html

Why is it that when i search for things on the Internet i can never find anything that fast? Anyway, the site is pretty cool (not to sound too religious or anything, but its just the idea). Anyway, all thru my life i always thought Lucifer refered to satan, until my grandma (i call her granny (who knows why)) showed me points that connected Lucifer to Nebuchanezzar (i cannot spell his name for shit). Thank you.

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 10:29 PM, Soul_Chamber wrote: Why is it that when i search for things on the Internet i can never find anything that fast?

It's all in the search terms, my friend. :)

Anyway, the site is pretty cool (not to sound too religious or anything, but its just the idea). Anyway, all thru my life i always thought Lucifer refered to satan, until my grandma (i call her granny (who knows why)) showed me points that connected Lucifer to Nebuchanezzar (i cannot spell his name for shit).

Nebuchadnezzar. :P I loved his name when I was a kid. It also seemed the most complicated, so of COURSE I had to learn how to spell it right away. :D

Thank you.

No, thank YOU. It's nice to have a religious discussion here without name calling and direct attacks. <3

Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 10:34 PM, Maus wrote: No, thank YOU. It's nice to have a religious discussion here without name calling and direct attacks. <3

Wow, I think we've just hit the freakin' apocalypse with that sentence, there.

Back on Satan's nature... I remember that I read somewhere, that this whole "rebellion" of Satan against YHWH or God or whatever, never actually happenned, and Satan is just playing the role of being the bad guy, in order to colaborate with God's big plan. I do not remember, however, tgo which religion this whole thing belongs, however it would be interesting, for a change.

And about the satan face on 911, bullshit.

ursamajour
ursamajour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 10:55 PM, Empanado wrote: Back on Satan's nature... I remember that I read somewhere, that this whole "rebellion" of Satan against YHWH or God or whatever, never actually happenned, and Satan is just playing the role of being the bad guy, in order to colaborate with God's big plan. I do not remember, however, tgo which religion this whole thing belongs, however it would be interesting, for a change.

Old-school Judaism, which I would tend to think would be closer in spirit to the truth, at least where their own concepts are concerned. The fall of Satan from Heaven is a Christian concept, not a Jewish one. The Jewish concept of Satan wasn't that he was against YHWH, but against humanity. He thought YHWH was making a mistake by creating humans, whom he contended would sin and generally carry on cranky, thus destroying the perfection of the world YHWH had created. He then took up the task of proving this point to YHWH. This is underscored in Job. They have a wager going. After their exile in Babylon, the Hebrews picked up dualism and began to attribute "evil" connotations to Satan, an easy target since he was "set against" humanity in the first place.

And again, the word lucifer is nobody's name. It's simply latin for the morning star. Take Isaiah 14 and where it says lucifer, substitute the words "morning star." Not a person, though the passage as a whole is talking about the king of Babylon. I will again refer to this link, which provides a great analysis of the problem and how it became a name for the devil. http://www.cresourcei.org/lucifer.html

Maus, kudos on hauling out the Canaanite connection. One of the things I find neat about studying religion is how everything leads to another thing and on and on. Of course, that's one of the things that makes it so hard to talk about it. Most people don't feel like doing that much research.

And I agree with you guys that it's great to see real debate and discussion going on that doesn't descend into childish taunts or mud-slinging. Huzzah!

-UM-

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 21st, 2004 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 11:25 PM, ursamajour wrote: Maus, kudos on hauling out the Canaanite connection. One of the things I find neat about studying religion is how everything leads to another thing and on and on. Of course, that's one of the things that makes it so hard to talk about it. Most people don't feel like doing that much research.

Actually, I've come to the conclusion that modern Christianity is a cobblement of all the more ancient religions. Christianity in effect cannibalised many religions to make it more palateable to the masses. Look at the mess we have today, LOL.

My interest in religion and theology came from a love of words and their corrolaries. Many of the themes in religion are actually exactly the same, just translated into a different language (like Ab-braham and Abraham.) Too effing cool.

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 22nd, 2004 @ 10:52 AM Reply

This shit again?!?

Come on, Photoshop has vastly improved in the last three years. Couldn't you at least try and pass off the devil's face in the fireplace from Amityville, if we're talking shelflife here...

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship
Never underestimate the significance of "significant."
NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 22nd, 2004 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 11/22/04 10:52 AM, D2KVirus wrote: This shit again?!?

Come on, Photoshop has vastly improved in the last three years. Couldn't you at least try and pass off the devil's face in the fireplace from Amityville, if we're talking shelflife here...

Yeah, we all already kind of came to that conclusion. :)

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 22nd, 2004 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 12:27 PM, drDAK wrote: Whether of not some people knew this but there was some pictures of the World Trade Center Fire showing the Face of "Satan" While up in smoke.

Does anyone think these are fakes of what?

Heh they are fake and altered if you ask me, im sure satan would be alot worse then the 9/11...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
ReiperX
ReiperX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:33 AM Reply

Looks more like Santa's face to me.

KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Dude, they fake these all the time for those fake news magazines. That's a total fake. Besides, just because it's bad against America doesn't mean it's Satanist. Why would Satan have anything to do with Osama's plans?

I suck.

DiabloChickenClock
DiabloChickenClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 23rd, 2004 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 12:27 PM, drDAK wrote: there was some pictures of the World Trade Center Fire showing the Face of "Satan" While up in smoke.

i think that all of those pictures are real but they don't mean anything people only see it if they want to see it

RadioNode
RadioNode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 07:30 AM Reply

Ha this is allvery similar to the (im sorry im going ahead of myself do you remember?) the Tomato with Allah Visable in the pips ??!?!?!?!?!?!?
Very Similar anyway if satan was coming up out of the flames of the Trade Centres that means ITS evil right???????? Not the Act (thats a question!!)
If off course its not just some sad little cunt who masterbates when he heres a new version of linux is out. Fucking with the Photos.

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 08:22 AM Reply

At 11/23/04 04:33 AM, ReiperX wrote: Looks more like Santa's face to me.

This proves my point that it's entirely subjective. Furthermore, what does Lucifer, a former angel, look like?

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Nov. 24th, 2004 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 11/24/04 08:22 AM, -Gooie- wrote: Furthermore, what does Lucifer, a former angel, look like?

Whichever king is in power of Babylon. Read the rest of the thread. We kind of went over who Lucifer is, and isn't. The identity of him changes, but the O.G. Lucifer was most likely Nebuchadnezzar. Think plaited beards and kohl on the eyes. Emo goth kings.

kiyropearl
kiyropearl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire May. 28th, 2012 @ 12:28 AM Reply

At 11/21/04 12:45 PM, ursamajour wrote: People just see what they want to see. Our brains are really good at pattern matching, making it easy for us to "see" things that aren't really there. We match the image to something in our mind that fits what's happening. People were horribly traumatised by 9/11 and their minds matched what they think Satan looks like to what they were seeing. I personally saw nothing in that image. Nothing but smoke and fire, anyways. A real easy way to tell stuff like that isn't real is to remember that the modern idea of Satan's appearance (ugly, bat wings, tail, etc.) was created by the medieval church as a visual to scare the illiterate laypeople with. I would imagine a real image of Satan hiding in smoke would look like he was described by the ancient Hebrews (their concept, after all).

I totally agree with you. I mean Satan real name is Lucifer which was an angel cast down from heaven. Lucifer was the most beautiful angel of all the angels. So when he was cast down its not like he changed appearance he is just a beautiful as he was in heaven. So i believe he may look something like this

Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire May. 28th, 2012 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 5/28/12 12:28 AM, kiyropearl wrote: I totally agree with you. I mean Satan real name is Lucifer which was an angel cast down from heaven. Lucifer was the most beautiful angel of all the angels. So when he was cast down its not like he changed appearance he is just a beautiful as he was in heaven. So i believe he may look something like this

Paradise Lost is not part of the Bible. The Bible itself doesn't say much about Satan as a matter fact. But please let this topic die.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:35 AM Reply

Why are we necro'ing dead threads from eight years ago?

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:56 AM Reply

These pictures seem fake to me.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

HotCakes
HotCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 11:52 AM Reply

How do you know that is Satan's face?

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Apparently, clouds make shapes.

See: Cloud-gazing.

Or it might just be Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 09:23 PM Reply

See photo

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 12:35 AM, theburningliberal wrote: Why are we necro'ing dead threads from eight years ago?

Because that's likely part of a government conspiracy. Also, we don't have a system that auto-locks threads after a certain length of inactivity to prevent necrobumping.

At the same time though, I am aware that South Park poked fun at this back in 2006 with Mystery of the Urinal Deuce. Cartman revealed it was Kyle Brofloski seen in the 9/11 fire.

12 contains the numbers 1 and 2, just like the toilet yesterday where someone went number 2 instead of number 1. Add 1 and 2 with 9/11 and you get 914. Drop the 4 and its 91; exactly the score Kyle got on his spelling test 12 days after 9/11!

So it's subject to what you interpret, like one of those inkblot tests. Oh, and what's this? Part of the Newgrounds background in the upper left corner resembles the Twin Towers??? Suspicious!!!

But seriously, this thread needs to be put out of its misery, one way or another. I know I am bumping this further, but no more, plz.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 09:23 AM Reply

Looks more like Jesus to me..

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 09:23 AM, camobch0 wrote: Looks more like Jesus to me..

Oh come on, can we please get a lock to prevent further necro'ing of this thread?

The-universe
The-universe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 12:27 PM, drDAK wrote: Does anyone think these are fakes of what?

Assuming these pictures aren't photoshopped, the condition you're talking about is called pareidolia. We can always see faces, animals and objects in anything.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

exflacto
exflacto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Satan's Face seen in 9-11 Fire Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 11/21/04 12:27 PM, drDAK wrote: Whether of not some people knew this but there was some pictures of the World Trade Center Fire showing the Face of "Satan" While up in smoke.

Does anyone think these are fakes of what?

Looks fake, but cool regardless.