Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 3/5/06 03:10 PM, DaSadGirl wrote:
At 3/5/06 02:32 PM, Crashman wrote: My Mavs are 46-12. Theyre doing pretty good this year, hopefully they can do better in the playoffs
I hope they can play better than the Spurs until the playoffs start, that way, when the Rockets get that 8th seed, they'll have a better chance of winning.

Well they both have the same records, I already know Mavs are going to make it. It's just the playoffs that have doubts on

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 04:50 PM Reply

The Mavs don't want to get the first seed because, in all likely hood they'll play the Lakers, and the Lakers is just one of those teams that they have problems with.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 05:47 PM Reply

I don't think the Lakers will do much in the playoofs even if they go against Dallas in the first round. Sure they have number 8 and Odom but they have Kwame Brown on their team and any team Kwame's your PF you're doomed.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 6th, 2006 @ 06:13 AM Reply

I think that the Nuggets might just be shaping up for a nice run towards the postseason. Carmelo has some back up, which will be very useful.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 6th, 2006 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 3/6/06 06:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: I think that the Nuggets might just be shaping up for a nice run towards the postseason. Carmelo has some back up, which will be very useful.

It all depends on who they get in the first round of the playoffs. They always end up with a tough matchup.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 7th, 2006 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 3/6/06 05:54 PM, pepeatumi wrote: It all depends on who they get in the first round of the playoffs. They always end up with a tough matchup.

Well, I think we may well be sorted if we finish third in the west. Since the past two seasons we have been one of the lower teams (4-8) so by the nature of the competition we will get a tougher matchup. I'm looking forward to the sweepstakes this time around.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 7th, 2006 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 3/5/06 05:47 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I don't think the Lakers will do much in the playoofs even if they go against Dallas in the first round. Sure they have number 8 and Odom but they have Kwame Brown on their team and any team Kwame's your PF you're doomed.

If he plays like he's been playing, Kwame might not be so bad.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 7th, 2006 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 3/7/06 05:57 PM, seventy-one wrote:

You're right he may just be a piece of crap if he keeps playing the way he is that's an upgrade. I keep saying odom is the key to the Lakers success.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 7th, 2006 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 3/7/06 06:54 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 3/7/06 05:57 PM, seventy-one wrote:
You're right he may just be a piece of crap if he keeps playing the way he is that's an upgrade. I keep saying odom is the key to the Lakers success.

I 100% agree with you. Look at all their wins and all their losses (except for last night), when Lamar Odom does well so does the Lakers.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 8th, 2006 @ 10:28 PM Reply

Good one here in New Orleans (first pro game of any sport since Katrina), Kobe couldn't miss water if he fell off a camel in the desert, brought them up by three. Then, Smush stole it, a great steal one for a highlight reel (okay, maybe not), then he did a sweet behind the back pass to Lamar who dunked it. This is like showtime all over again. 29.9 to play Lakers with the ball up by five, now its just fouling. We'll see how it turns out. Though it'd be stupid to lose it, as I'm typing this Lamar makes one of his free throws, but Mihm gets the rebound off the miss, and he got fouled.

Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 8th, 2006 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Mavs didnt play today but they barely won yesterday. Good thing Stackhouse scored a lot at the end of the game.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 9th, 2006 @ 05:09 PM Reply

There's a good game on tonight Spurs at Suns. I think the Suns will this game even if Nash isn't completely healthy.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 3/9/06 05:09 PM, pepeatumi wrote: There's a good game on tonight Spurs at Suns. I think the Suns will this game even if Nash isn't completely healthy.

Man, was I off on that one. Spurs crushed the Suns (without Nash) and another good game tonight the Lakers face the Spurs. LA beat the Beast from the East now can they handle the Best from the West?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 08:27 AM Reply

At 3/10/06 08:01 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Man, was I off on that one. Spurs crushed the Suns (without Nash) and another good game tonight the Lakers face the Spurs. LA beat the Beast from the East now can they handle the Best from the West?

I don't think they will be able to. LAL are still a force to be reckoned with, but they aren't the best and need to face up to a team which is better than them.

They might be the best again soon, but not at the moment.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 3/10/06 08:27 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/10/06 08:01 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Man, was I off on that one. Spurs crushed the Suns (without Nash) and another good game tonight the Lakers face the Spurs. LA beat the Beast from the East now can they handle the Best from the West?
I don't think they will be able to. LAL are still a force to be reckoned with, but they aren't the best and need to face up to a team which is better than them.

They might be the best again soon, but not at the moment.

If they could beat the Pistons, I think they could beat the Spurs. Espiecally with the new moves they've made. I think there will be an upset tonight. Spurs will lose to LAL.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 06:47 PM Reply

The only way the Lakers can beat the Spurs is if Number 8 goes nuts (which is possible) and Odom keeps playing the way he has in these last couple of games.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 3/10/06 06:47 PM, pepeatumi wrote: The only way the Lakers can beat the Spurs is if Number 8 goes nuts (which is possible) and Odom keeps playing the way he has in these last couple of games.

I disagree, if Kobe even has an off night (which would still be thirty points in some cases) they have tremendous defensive powers who have been great these past few games. Kwame, Turiaf, and Mihm will block shots in the post, Lamar Odom will get rebounds galore, and Smush has just been stealing balls like he was Ron Artest. They can keep the score close with their defense and be able to score down the stretch with all their role players (including Jim Jackson who they signed recently). Though if Kobe has less than 25 they're not winning.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 09:42 PM Reply

51-37 Laker lead at the half. Though it all rests on the third quarter, I don't think they'll blow a 14 point lead.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 10:38 PM Reply

Only 5 minutes left and the Lakers are leading 88-75. I'm not a Lakers fan but the game is in San Antonio I'm almost impressed.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 11:04 PM Reply

The Lakers beat the Spurs 100-92 behind a balanced attack. Kobe led the way with 29 while Luke Walton had 10 rebounds and Odom had 13 points 9 assists and 8 rebounds. (I told you guys Odom is a walking triple-double). On a totally unrelated and homer note. Carlos Arroyo had 17 points and 7 assists as the magic blow out the Cavs 102-73.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 3/10/06 06:00 PM, seventy-one wrote: I think there will be an upset tonight. Spurs will lose to LAL.

I say this with upmost modesty- called it.

Last night, while most of you were asleep CAL beat Oregon in double overtime, now less than 24 hours later they play UCLA for the Pac-10 championship. I don't think they'll have enough energy to put up a fight, but I do think they'll be dancing.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 3/11/06 04:07 PM, seventy-one wrote:
Last night, while most of you were asleep CAL beat Oregon in double overtime, now less than 24 hours later they play UCLA for the Pac-10 championship. I don't think they'll have enough energy to put up a fight, but I do think they'll be dancing.

Cal is gonna be tired and they won't be able to handle Afflalo and Farmar which is in my opinion the best backourt in the nation.

Play-With-Fire
Play-With-Fire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 08:26 PM Reply

YEA GO SU!!! Pittsburg is the n00bs!!! Go jerry macnamera you freakin rule!

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 13th, 2006 @ 06:12 PM Reply

Join the NG Tournament Challenge.
http://games.espn.go..&password=muffin

I'm still pissed that Cincinatti got snubbed.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 13th, 2006 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Well I'm in I picked a lot of upsets in the early round now I just have to wait and see if I get any of them right.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 17th, 2006 @ 04:33 PM Reply

1st big upset as the 3 seed Iowa goes down to Northwestern State after a miraculuos shot at the end of the game. How everyone's brackets so far?

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 19th, 2006 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 3/17/06 04:33 PM, pepeatumi wrote: 1st big upset as the 3 seed Iowa goes down to Northwestern State after a miraculuos shot at the end of the game. How everyone's brackets so far?

Beaten up badly.

I'm sure most of you were watching ABC basketball today, Lakers vs. Cavs. And if you did, I hope you agree with me on this, that was the WORST reffering I have ever seen in one game of basketball. Or should I say, the most one sided. Kobe was getting slapped in the face and didn't get a fouled called, just showed a little anger, and got a technical, whereas, he steals the ball, all ball and somehow a foul is called. And those are just two of many incidents. At the end of the game, Kobe called a timeout with the ref looking right at him, and no Timeout called. WORST. REFFING. EVAR. Buss should do what Cuban does and send a tape to the league. This is just an unexcusable job by the refs.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 19th, 2006 @ 03:47 PM Reply

Walton was held by Gooden near the end when they were scrambling for a loose ball that's why Walton couldn't save it. Kobe was fouled on a couple of plays and the refs apparently didn't see it, guess that's why its called Home Court Advantage.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 12:05 AM Reply

Today is the start of the Sweet Sixteen now it starts to get interesting. Look for an upset as Gonzaga will beat UCLA and I hate saying it but I think Duke will beat LSU I'm not convinced on Big Baby Davis being as good as advertised.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 10:04 PM Reply

So much for Duke beating LSU the Devils are out so I guess I pretty much have to give the NCAAtitle to Uconn unles something strange happens.