New Topic Respond to this Topic
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 19th, 2006 @ 11:02 AM Reply

I agree with pretty much everything the Slam dunk contest was stolen from Iguodala and Nate only won because of his size. Nowitzki winning the 3-point shootout wasn't much of a surprise to me but its still a seven-footer shooting threes. And Steve Nash forgot how to shoot. Overall the slam dunk competiton wasn't as good as it has been in years past.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 19th, 2006 @ 11:50 PM Reply

Well the East beat the West after a furious comeback in the second half and it all started with what else the Detroit Pistons why am I not surprised?

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 20th, 2006 @ 12:22 AM Reply

West had a shot to win it. I think T-mac was fouled. Also, I don't like that they went the sentimental route by giving it to T-Mac, Kobe was hotter at the time making crazy shots to tie the game. But when he got it, it slipped out of his hands, but you really can't blame him since the play wasn't designed that way.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 20th, 2006 @ 01:09 AM Reply

I think T-Mac was fouled since it was the All Star game they didn't blow the whistle. And when did Kobe become a passer?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 20th, 2006 @ 08:16 AM Reply

At 11/20/04 07:00 PM, -deleted- wrote: This little crEw I made is for all the people who just enjoy the sport of baketball. You don't have to love and worship the sport to join.

Allow me to join please. I am a Nuggets fan (we are struggling at present, but so is the whole division) and my favourite player is Carmello Anthony (Bet you'd never have guessed that)

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 20th, 2006 @ 11:44 AM Reply

Of course you can join. Do you think K-mart will be traded?

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 20th, 2006 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 2/20/06 01:09 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I think T-Mac was fouled since it was the All Star game they didn't blow the whistle. And when did Kobe become a passer?

When you get double-teamed most of the time, you tend to learn how to pass better.
I really wanted T-Mac to win in his home court. The Rockets are my number one favorite team as well so I was extra pissed off. I still hope though that T-Mac can get the personal problem out of his head when he is on the court. He is really hurting the team.

At 2/20/06 11:44 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Of course you can join. Do you think K-mart will be traded?

I think he might. They don't really love him over there. I don't think they should get Francis though since their real weakness besides injuries is their lack of a real good SG.

Does anyone think that Darko will improve in Orlando? I feel sorry for him and I hope he can get his game started. People say he sucks and he does, but you have to think, he hardly even gets any minutes. I bet if you add his total time, it wouldn't even be equal to one whole NBA season.

( 15

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 21st, 2006 @ 04:12 AM Reply

At 2/20/06 11:44 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Of course you can join. Do you think K-mart will be traded?

He never produced what was really desired of him. What Denver needs now is someone who can play well as a #2 to Carmello. Andre Miller seems to be doing a good job of filling in, but we also need to tighten up our defence, which is as loose as a prostitute right now.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 21st, 2006 @ 09:25 PM Reply

I found this nifty thing on ESPN.com. Youpropose a simulated trade and see if its possible as per the rules and regulations of the NBA. Its a fun way to play around and find out how your favorite team can get a good player, or why they can't get a good player.

I managed to think of a fair three-way deal that would send K.G. to the Lakers, as I think thats the only way Kevin Garnett will ever be traded (then again, I said the same thing about Artest). Though in my virtual trade the Nuggets are on the low end of it.

The Nuggs get Bynum to grow with Carmelo and become a great 1-2 punch. They also get Brian Cook a proven role player. Minnesota gets Kenyon Martin and Lamar Odom. And the Lakers get Kevin Garnett, and it all fits within the cap room and whatnot and so forth. Its just fun to play around with.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 24th, 2006 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 2/15/06 07:42 PM, seventy-one wrote: 0-8 when Lamar Odom has 15 or more field goal attempts in a game. Lakers should have traded him for Artest when they had the chance.

That streak ended on Monday when he had 21 attempts, and the Lakers won.

He also got 20 points, 17 rebounds and 6 assists, good thing I kept him on my fantasy team.
Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 24th, 2006 @ 12:50 AM Reply

At 2/24/06 12:34 AM, seventy-one wrote:

He's been playing good after he was in trade rumors. Right now I'm watching the Lakers Kings game and he's playing aggresive. Thats how he's suppose to play every damn game. I always wondered how they would of turned out if they had Artest instead.

Francis going to NY seems pretty stupid. Two one-on-one PGs that play the same and don't get along that well. The only reason Orlando did this was for salary space. Maybe the Magic will end up signing a great player in the off-season.

There were also a lot of trades today. Not big trades, but decent ones.

( 16

Running up that hill....

BBS Signature
Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 24th, 2006 @ 01:50 AM Reply

I will get this. I want it >:-(

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 24th, 2006 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 2/24/06 12:50 AM, DaSadGirl wrote:
At 2/24/06 12:34 AM, seventy-one wrote:
He's been playing good after he was in trade rumors. Right now I'm watching the Lakers Kings game and he's playing aggresive. Thats how he's suppose to play every damn game. I always wondered how they would of turned out if they had Artest instead.

They're (and by they're I mean John Ireland) saying (and I somewhat agree) that that was the best game the Lakers have played in two years. They played defense well, Kobe got offense even though Artest was covering him...overall, good stuff.

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 24th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 2/24/06 01:50 AM, Crashman wrote: I will get this. I want it >:-(

I think that's a scam. Look at the title. You'll probably just get PROOF that Dirk signed a jersey. I don't trust internet shopping.

There were a lot of trades yesterday. I think everyone got an even deal. I don't like Derek Anderson being traded from the Rox because that's my favorite team, but since he was injured, minus well.

( 16

Running up that hill....

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 10:08 AM Reply

What does everyone think about the Knicks new backcourt.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 26th, 2006 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Close one here in L.A., okay, not as close now thanks to a couple of stupid mistakes, down by four. Kobe at the line but free throw struggles all day.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 26th, 2006 @ 10:18 PM Reply

Kobe made both down by two. Then on the defensive end Ronny Turiaf (the one who got back from heart surgery) made a block, then Kobe missed a floater that's almost automatic. The Celtics got the rebound, Lakers foul and the free throw shooter makes one, and misses one.

Lakers down by three, here we go...

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 26th, 2006 @ 10:21 PM Reply

Oh baby! Lamar, with the two and the foul, c'mon man..

MADE IT! Tie game, 13 seconds left...

I'm posting it like this so you the reader can grasp the excitement of the game. -Gooch- don't ban me for this please.
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 26th, 2006 @ 10:29 PM Reply

Kobe stupidly fouls someone.
He made one, missed one. Luke got the rebound, 1.7 seconds left, down by one...

Kobe gets it, and Kobe....misses, too hard of the back board, just a tiny bit softer and he would have made it, Turiaf sure thought he made it.

LAMAR WAS WIDE OPEN FOR AN ALLY OOP DAMNIT, STOP DEPENDING SOLELY ON KOBE!!!>:-(

There was some minor contreversy as they're wondering when they started the clock off the missed free throw (wether they started it when someone touched it or at a different time).

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 27th, 2006 @ 08:34 AM Reply

At 2/26/06 10:29 PM, seventy-one wrote: LAMAR WAS WIDE OPEN FOR AN ALLY OOP DAMNIT, STOP DEPENDING SOLELY ON KOBE!!!>:-(

but everyone on the Lakers thinks 81 and the pass invariably goes to number 8.

I think I will be impressed with the Nuggets and their newly acquired players when they produce. So far, it looks like it's still Melo, with Miller and K-Mart backing him up.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 27th, 2006 @ 06:47 PM Reply

How about the role reversal Odom carrying the Lakers and Kobe blowing it at the end of the game. But maybe Odom will finally remember that he can actually play.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Holy crap, I knew it could happen I just never thought it would happen. The Los Angeles Lakers have defeated the Pistons...by twelve points. This team, if it keeps playing like it has could make it to the Conference finals.

Lamar 25 points, 10 or 11 rebounds ZERO TURNOVERS!!!
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 3/5/06 01:06 AM, seventy-one wrote:
Lamar 25 points, 10 or 11 rebounds ZERO TURNOVERS!!!

*24 points, 10 assists not rebounds, and 5 rebounds, and 0 turnovers.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 10:15 AM Reply

Odom stepped up. I've said it before he's a triple-double waiting to happen. On a college note how about the Tar Heels beating the Blue Devils at Duke.

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 2/27/06 06:47 PM, pepeatumi wrote: How about the role reversal Odom carrying the Lakers and Kobe blowing it at the end of the game. But maybe Odom will finally remember that he can actually play.

Well he has been playing with a flu kobe i mean, and its about time some other members actually put something in the hoop besides kobe...

kobe's 42 the other day was awsome and with the flu, aswell as his 16,000 pts very nice...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 3/5/06 01:07 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 2/27/06 06:47 PM, pepeatumi wrote: How about the role reversal Odom carrying the Lakers and Kobe blowing it at the end of the game. But maybe Odom will finally remember that he can actually play.
Well he has been playing with a flu kobe i mean, and its about time some other members actually put something in the hoop besides kobe...

kobe's 42 the other day was awsome and with the flu, aswell as his 16,000 pts very nice...

During the pregame warmups he looks horrible then he goes out on the floor, coughing himself to death, scores a bunch of points, goes on a plane getting stuff put up his nose to relieve his sinus infection, comes back and scores 40 against the best team in the league. This guy is really something.

Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 02:32 PM Reply

My Mavs are 46-12. Theyre doing pretty good this year, hopefully they can do better in the playoffs

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 3/5/06 02:32 PM, Crashman wrote: My Mavs are 46-12. Theyre doing pretty good this year, hopefully they can do better in the playoffs

I used to be a fan but they just let me down too many times in the postseason.

Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 3/5/06 02:45 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 3/5/06 02:32 PM, Crashman wrote: My Mavs are 46-12. Theyre doing pretty good this year, hopefully they can do better in the playoffs
I used to be a fan but they just let me down too many times in the postseason.

Well the only thing that bummed me out was that Steve Nash left. Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash were a great duo

BBS Signature
Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 5th, 2006 @ 03:10 PM Reply

I hope they can play better than the Spurs until the playoffs start, that way, when the Rockets get that 8th seed, they'll have a better chance of winning.

I hope the Hornets and the Grizzlies can fall off of the playoff picture, atleast so the Lakers can advance and the Rockets can advance as well.

( 16

Running up that hill....

BBS Signature