00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opie and Anthony Flash Contest

8,119 Views | 72 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 20:08:15

have somebody fix the Alien Homnid game here on NG I can't even get to the first boss not because I can't get to where he is but he never shows up.

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 20:18:10

Why do you like opie an' anthony so much? they convince ppl 2 go 2 chuechs and have secks, wait a minute...THAT"S AWESOME!!!!!! r you tom fulp's bro?

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 20:28:09

i think they might have gottan a little more promotion for this had users been able to use some of there old stuff. but i understaind the legal problems with that so good luck to those who entered!

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 20:29:53

i need flash....... can someone give me flash...?

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 20:39:31

At 11/15/04 08:29 PM, Canadian-Beer wrote: i need flash....... can someone give me flash...?

I can have my big fat cousin francis flash you.

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 21:33:36

sad thing is most O&A fans don't have flash talent. O&A made their claim to fame by getting fans to get on live television in NYC with O&A signs, it became so bad that reporters did live reports on top of their news vans

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 22:24:35

At 11/15/04 07:57 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: this is awsome

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/203000

haha, yeah no way I'm gonna beat that but I went ahead and made one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/203018

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 22:37:48

At 11/15/04 06:12 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote: Although the link you provided gave a very interesting multi paragraph text, nowhere did it say who or what is Opie & Anthony. Isn't it usually the custom to provide some sort of background?

Did you try clicking on the links to O&A's website or XM's O&A promo page? You should find all the info you need. Or go to google.com and do a search for O&A. They were in over 20 major markets in the USA, they were big time.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 22:39:16

At 11/15/04 08:18 PM, redface wrote: Why do you like opie an' anthony so much? they convince ppl 2 go 2 chuechs and have secks, wait a minute...THAT"S AWESOME!!!!!! r you tom fulp's bro?

I just like their sense of humor. I am Tom Fulp's brother.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 22:42:38

Wade you rock

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 22:55:43

that jim norton one was great, ninja. nice choice of clip.

i am about to watch the 100 grand one now. it looks pretty cool so far, my bet for the winner.

is jim norton a comedian or just some jerk? i'd like to hear some more of his stuff. funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 23:43:02

At 11/15/04 05:36 PM, Ian_The_Archer wrote: I wish I knew who they were [...] need a funny audio clip from one of their shows.
At 11/15/04 06:12 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote: nowhere did it say who or what is Opie & Anthony. Isn't it usually the custom to provide some sort of background?

Google is your friend for all your questions. If you can't be bothered to do that, check out recent NG News threads about O&A.

At 11/15/04 05:44 PM, Lilj wrote: lol really tho theres one entery because the other didnt site there images and if some are copywritten couldnt you guys get suid?

Not with the O&A show sanctioning it. Besides it's unlikely that they'd be the asshats that LEGO is.

At 11/15/04 07:21 PM, thegreatmonkey wrote: i only watched one (fag talk), and it was deeply disgusting and disturbing. if anyone else finishes theirs, they are sure to win.

It's funny because Steven is very anti-homosexuality (check some of his older posts) and then he made this.

At 11/15/04 12:15 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I hope we get a flood of submissions before the day is over. Otherwise it's pretty sad that we have so many Flash artists submitting all kinds of crap everyday, but when we give them a theme and offer them a prize they can't put something together? Uhg.

Maybe we should take it as a good sign that the NG artists aren't selling out; that it's still about the art as opposed to what we can gain from the art.

And I'm usually the cynical one.

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 23:45:06

At 11/15/04 10:55 PM, madhatt3r wrote: is jim norton a comedian or just some jerk? i'd like to hear some more of his stuff. funny.

Have you seen Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn? Jim Norton is one of the regulars on the show.
</WAAF obscure reference>

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 23:57:25

At 11/15/04 11:43 PM, FatherVenom wrote: Maybe we should take it as a good sign that the NG artists aren't selling out; that it's still about the art as opposed to what we can gain from the art.

And I'm usually the cynical one.

You know I really hate the whole selling out thing. People should want to advance themselves and better themselves. I can understand that some people want to remain pure to their art style, but this is NG. You're telling me a large percentage of our Flash artists are true to their art?

You saying people can make Clock Crew movies all day long and other crazy stuff but they can't enter a competition with a theme? Bah. I think the contest wasn't as successful as it could have been because of the prize. If we offered $150-200 to the winner in the form of a Amazon Gift Card or something we would have had a better response.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-15 23:59:28

I really wish this was extended another day, I'm like almost done, trying to work with that I have (needed to rerecord a wav)

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:06:21

At 11/15/04 11:59 PM, Ian_The_Archer wrote: I really wish this was extended another day, I'm like almost done, trying to work with that I have (needed to rerecord a wav)

If you get it submitted before 12AM Pacific Time we'll let it in. That's 3AM EST.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:11:38

Also once the contest is over feel free to keep submitting O&A entries. Just email me when you submit them and I'll add them to the O&A page. If we keep adding good stuff there O&A may comment about it on their show if they like it.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:14:20

At 11/15/04 11:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: You know I really hate the whole selling out thing. People should want to advance themselves and better themselves.

Think about your audience. The majority of NG users are bettering themselves in the classroom, which takes up a lot of the free time they could be working on their art..

I can understand that some people want to remain pure to their art style, but this is NG. You're telling me a large percentage of our Flash artists are true to their art?

The serious ones (minority) or the ones that pop in a few times to unload their crud on the forums destined for blammage?

You saying people can make Clock Crew movies all day long and other crazy stuff but they can't enter a competition with a theme? Bah.

I never said I believed it either. I'm more of the opinion that the majority of NG users don't even make flash and of those that do and have visited the site in the time that the flash was up are just wicked lazy. Actually, I'd be willing to bet that the majority of all NG users are pretty lazy.

*wonders why Dan Paladin didn't enter*

I'm of the opinion that the majority can't afford the software to actually make flash. It's not like the trial version lends it self to more than just a little tutorial time unless you're willing to forsake your life in the pursuit of art.

Look at the NG users.

The younger users are likely not employed and have their time wrapped up in school if they know what's good for them.

The college bound are struggling with loans, school, and real life.

The people past or never attended college are really the ones that really have the optimum funds and spare time to actually create provided that they don't have loans to pay, or weddings to manage, or any other of the myraid things that happen in that age range.

And let's face it. You don't see too many people above the age of thirty around here. I've seen two in all my time here and the NG veteran entered the contest.

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:27:14

I think the most daunting element against this contest was that you couldn't really use the prize without paying for the services. While this could not be helped due to the product, c'est la vie. I personally did not want the receiver, but, seeing as how you really like their stuff, I started making one today, because promotions are fun, and they rip on Howard - a lot. :D

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:27:35

At 11/15/04 11:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I think the contest wasn't as successful as it could have been because of the prize. If we offered $150-200 to the winner in the form of a Amazon Gift Card or something we would have had a better response.

I think you may be right. At first, I thought it would be cool to have XM radio, and would love to have the reciever, but there's no way I can fork over $10 a month for the sweet goodness.

Also, I think another problem, that I ran into, was great clips. I listened to about 4 or 5 entire O&A XM radio shows, and laughed alot, but it was hard to find a great clip that would be amazing for an animation that also remained somewhat tolerable as far as offensiveness (I originally thought of doing a music video for the parody song I found while browsing "Burning in an oven with Jews," but there's no way that was going to come from me and remain in good light on the portal).

After seeing this post today, I felt bad b/c I did want to do a cartoon back when it was announced, and only two submitted was horrible (and certainly not doing justice to the comedy of O&A). So I worked all day fine-combing through a bunch of the whole episodes I had, and found a few clips that I thought would make good animations.

The one I started working on wasn't even an O&A bit, but just a clip they played on their show of Bush and Kerry in the Apprentice. But, aside from running out of time, seeing the 100 Grand Gooder Remix took all the wind out of me (amazing graphics, and a great bit)

Anyway, I leave you with a [smaller] snapshot of my abandoned O&A project. Sorry I crapped out on ya, good luck to all.

Opie and Anthony Flash Contest

Rege.... SecretAgentRege

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 00:40:29

It's actually mentioned on their site now if you didn't notice already...
http://www.foundrymusic.com/op...ASH_CONTEST_GETS_ROLLING_.html

-->KDOG

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 01:03:10

Interesting that they chose the one with the lowest score. Even without the newer two it's the worse of the first two.

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 01:29:16

damn it! i started on one about three weeks ago and i got far, i was half way through and i kinda just forgot about it. if i went back in time i would finish it. it was better than all except the new 100 grand. wade your cool, tom doesnt respond to peoples post

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 10:38:56

At 11/15/04 11:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I think the contest wasn't as successful as it could have been because of the prize.

B-I-N-G-O was his name-o. Noone wants a gift your going to have to pay every month for. Like puppies, if I ever get a puppie for a gift I'm going straight to China Lane the next morning. Buy myself some new threads and get a haircut. Maybe even AH goods (game, figures, shirts) would of turned up a few more entries. Plus you would benefited from having someone wear the AH merch. Wow, site admin and director of marketing. I hope you have a nice shinny title bar on your desk Wade.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 11:54:53

i hate to say it but... you might as well just give them two contestants their prizes

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 12:38:33

I loved them all :D

did any of them get mentioned on the air?

that'd be cool if they talked with the authors for awhile on XM too

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 13:03:03

At 11/15/04 02:48 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote: Wow, that's really depressing. What is NG coming too, that only two people can be bothered to try for something worth however many dollars.

Well, it's good to see a couple more entries, I guess.

I would make something, but I have no incentive.

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 13:51:21

sad, i feel so out of the loop... i hadn't evenheard of these guys until i came on ng today... some people go to cnn for their news and i come to newgrounds...

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 15:11:03

At 11/16/04 12:14 AM, FatherVenom wrote: A whole lot of mindless dribble.

Dude, WTF? You state all these things like they are facts, when they are just your opinions and ideas. You have no clue that anything you are saying is true. The people who posted after you see what was the true cause of the low turn out. People weren't that excited about the prize or couldn't find an audio clip that inpspired them to make a Flash. You're thinking to hard. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Opie and Anthony Flash Contest 2004-11-16 15:13:52

At 11/16/04 10:38 AM, Sean_Connery wrote: B-I-N-G-O was his name-o. Noone wants a gift your going to have to pay every month for. Like puppies, if I ever get a puppie for a gift I'm going straight to China Lane the next morning. Buy myself some new threads and get a haircut. Maybe even AH goods (game, figures, shirts) would of turned up a few more entries. Plus you would benefited from having someone wear the AH merch. Wow, site admin and director of marketing. I hope you have a nice shinny title bar on your desk Wade.

Well, while an alternate prize would have probably helped, the guy who will probably win actually wants the XM Radio. The idea was people would promote O&A and if they win they would be able to then listen to O&A with their prize.

If I did it all over I would have had the option for a cash prize or something. However by the time we realized we weren't getting many entries it was to late to change the prize as people wouldn't have any time to make a good entry. Oh well, maybe next time.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature