Respond to this Topic
Heedless
Heedless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 03:16:31 Reply

Why is everybody talking about babblefish and other online translators? We are talking about the translation of a computer game. You can't do this with some online translator! Those things never get the grammar right and sometimes they don't even use the right words.

m00dyf1sh
m00dyf1sh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 06:45:13 Reply

Tbh, why would the game need to be translated into Dutch? I dont get it, Every dutch person I have ever met speaks good english 0_o ... and I'm half Dutch, so I've met quite a few.

P-panjer
P-panjer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 07:09:07 Reply

you'd be amazed at the number of dutch people that cant speak english...

Borg-Man
Borg-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 12:20:17 Reply

Three big NO's to Babel Fish. There was this website wich was translated into Dutch with the program, and it really, really sucked. Babel Fish can't help AH, simply because it would translate stuff the right. Yes, that's right, the RIGHT way, but that isn't nececerily the best way.

Could someone from the AH team please respond on this? 'cuz I'm rather curious how far you guys are with picking the people who you want to help out...

dragon-fist
dragon-fist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 14:28:52 Reply

At 11/5/04 02:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: Does anyone here speak Dutch? We are working on foreign language translations of Alien Hominid, and could use a Dutch translator. Please post in this thread if you can lend a hand!

I'm from the Netherlands so if I can help please tell it to me. I really want to help Newgrounds, because that’s one of my most visited site ever. I liked Alien Hominid on your website but I'm sure the console version will be better.

If you think I'm good enough for it, tell me!

Greetz from
dragon_fist.

Dutch translation:

Ik kom uit Nederland en als ik kan helpen moet je ’t mij zeggen. Ik wil graag Newgrounds helpen, omdat het een van mijn meest bezochte site is. Ik vond Alien hominid op jullie website leuk, maar ik weet zeker dat de console versie beter zal zijn.

Als je denkt dat ik er goed genoeg voor ben moet je het vertellen!

Greetz van
dragon_fist

Lavos121282
Lavos121282
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-12 16:58:01 Reply

At 11/5/04 02:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: Does anyone here speak Dutch? We are working on foreign language translations of Alien Hominid, and could use a Dutch translator. Please post in this thread if you can lend a hand!

Hey
I can help

mortimernova
mortimernova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-16 14:02:44 Reply

you should purposely mess up the translations and have like an all your base style translation...

Heedless
Heedless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-17 03:18:02 Reply

That would be stupid. All your base is unique and most people won't even understand the joke.
But I think most players won't use the Dutch translation but play the English version instead.

Japi
Japi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-23 13:42:40 Reply

Yep: I happen to be a Dutch text editor. I mainly do Dutch copywriting, but also English to Dutch translating and translation checking. Aren't you in luck? I happen to be a fan of Alien Hominid since it first came out.

BoneHeadz
BoneHeadz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-11-28 15:17:09 Reply

Ik kan vertalen, ik woon tenslotte in Nederland.

Erhm... what I mean is:

I can Translate, after all, I live in the Netherlands.

sickmangrell
sickmangrell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-12-11 08:08:16 Reply

well, i'm half dutch/half english, and i love the game, seeing that i'm quite the metal slug fan(3 lives, finished 3), and well, basically, i'd like to translate, seeing i can make it sound like it's not all that formal, but just right, as an example, nfs underground, in english it says ''near miss'' when you almost hit a car, in dutch it says ''bijna raak'', which makes it sounds formal as can be wouldn't it be better too say something that will make the player feel a bit more like'you can say that again', and i'll do it for free, if you just put my name in the credits

my email is bierman1@hotmail.com, so let me know if you need help translating, i've helped people understanding dutch and english, so it might be a good idea(seeing some scholars got a's after my help) plus i loved the game(i know, i said it again). so get in touch

Zeblackcat
Zeblackcat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2004-12-27 17:11:05 Reply

My official language is dutch and I don't have any problems with translating the game (or partly) for all.

I know I'm one of the many people who replied so you probably wouldn't need a translator anymore.
But still available ;)

HAITER
HAITER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2005-01-04 11:42:48 Reply

Nigga pleaze?

DivineTheCheat
DivineTheCheat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2005-01-10 16:15:09 Reply

I'm a belgian (flemish) dude, and I consider my dutch perfect, I'm also good in (very good) english, so we would have no communication problems
contact me
plz, I'll help out

perdevious
perdevious
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to AH in Dutch... Translator? 2005-02-08 14:52:58 Reply

I speak both Dutch and English fluently, as both of my parents are American and I grew up in Holland. You probably already have someone working on the project that is much more qualified than me, but if you still need someone, I will be more than thrilled to help!