fourchinnigan
fourchinnigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Filmmaker
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 09:02 PM, JimmyJoJoBob wrote: is ff7 the best game ever made ????

Prepare to be flamed by the FF posses.
I thought it was a damn good game and it is still one of my favorites although I like Final Fantasy Tactics best of all.

fourchinnigan
fourchinnigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Filmmaker
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:10 PM Reply

I really wished they'd make a sequel.

FF7 the best game ever???

whiteguyz
whiteguyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Three, for SNES is the best IMO, although Seven had the best soundtrack by far. I bump that shit in my ride, no shitting you.

*bumps Jenova*

Bucephalus
Bucephalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:20 PM Reply

FF7 is most definately not the best game ever made, or even the best Final Fantasy. FF6 owned it, and so did Tactics if you consider that part of the series. It should be noted that I only completed 6, Tactics, and 7, most of 8 and 9, and part of 4 and 5. I need to play the series more I think.

It's also far from the best Square game. Chrono Trigger was better, as was Xenogears, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG (it was a Nintendo/Square collaboration), and probably some other ones that I either forget or haven't played.

whiteguyz
whiteguyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 09:20 PM, SilverHammer wrote: FF7 is most definately not the best game ever made, or even the best Final Fantasy. FF6 owned it, and so did Tactics if you consider that part of the series. It should be noted that I only completed 6, Tactics, and 7, most of 8 and 9, and part of 4 and 5. I need to play the series more I think.

It's also far from the best Square game. Chrono Trigger was better, as was Xenogears, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG (it was a Nintendo/Square collaboration), and probably some other ones that I either forget or haven't played.

Well talking about rpgs in general, I dont count FFT, as it had a different battle system, a confusing convoluted story line, but the best hands down, job system ever created. Xenogears was awesome, and Chrono Trigger is the best thing Square ever touched. Now Chrono Cross, ugh, thats a different story...

I'm playing through Golden Sun right now, it 0wnz.
Holy shit, FFX tomorrow, I'd betta hurry....

OrangeClock
OrangeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:39 PM Reply

Splent
Splent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Chrono Trigger (THE BEST!!!!)
Super Mario RPG (THE BEST W/NINTENDO)
Earthbound (THE BEST NON-SQUARESOFT)

Those are the three RPGs I have played, although I did played Ultima 1 for NES a couple of times.

Splent
Splent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 09:43 PM Reply

By the way I've never played Chrono Cross, I've heard it was really good, I've heard it sucked. I don't know if I want to play it because it doesn't feature the characters of CT. I think. I'm not sure I think Lucca is part of it somewhere?

Bucephalus
Bucephalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 09:43 PM, Splent wrote: By the way I've never played Chrono Cross, I've heard it was really good, I've heard it sucked. I don't know if I want to play it because it doesn't feature the characters of CT. I think. I'm not sure I think Lucca is part of it somewhere?

I think Lucca was actually in Xenogears, but I dunno. Xenogears was the *real* sequel to CT.

The original characters all show up in CC at one really lame scene thing. That game blew hard in my opinion. Well, I might be a bit tough on it just because I had high expectations...but it blew hard. The battle system was the WORST...EVER. If you wanted to change who's on your party, you'd have to spend literally a half hour equipping them if you wanted them to not suck. And there are like 40 fucking characters in the game. Dear Lord, it's an atrocity.

bokocat
bokocat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 10:14 PM, SilverHammer wrote:
I think Lucca was actually in Xenogears, but I dunno. Xenogears was the *real* sequel to CT.
The original characters all show up in CC at one really lame scene thing. That game blew hard in my opinion. Well, I might be a bit tough on it just because I had high expectations...but it blew hard. The battle system was the WORST...EVER. If you wanted to change who's on your party, you'd have to spend literally a half hour equipping them if you wanted them to not suck. And there are like 40 fucking characters in the game. Dear Lord, it's an atrocity.

If you mean that the team that made Chrono Trigger was the same that went on immediately to make Xenogears, then you would be correct. The stories, however, are unrelated. I still like CT better, but Xenogears is undoubtedly awesome, and will be even better once they make the whole series. Stupid Square didn't want them to, would rather keep plugging at their FF money-machine. Lucca is in CC, but not really...I don't wanna give away any spoilers. I liked the story to CC, but many characters were pointless, and it really wasn't fleshed out well enough. They pretty much have the same issue as Xenogears and FFT, they have massive amounts of story crammed into small areas, instead of nicely spread out. The battle system was original, but you could only use spells once, which stunk. The elements concept was good. There better be a third, because too much was left unexplained...

As for FF7...doesn't even register on the map. I despise Cloud and Squall as characters. Square tried to make them all edgy, cynical, and "with it", but they ended up being nothing more than moody little whining pansies. If you ignore the gaping flaws and inconsistencies in FF7, then the story is pretty good. Still not CT, FFT, or Xenogears, but it's ok.

wdfcverfgtghm
wdfcverfgtghm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 11:15 PM Reply

I perfer to masturbate.

JimmyJoJoBob
JimmyJoJoBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 11:37 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 11:15 PM, PenguinBerryClock wrote:
I perfer to masturbate.

really.........that was toooooo much info!!

Bucephalus
Bucephalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 12/17/01 11:12 PM, bokocat wrote:
The team that made Chrono Trigger was the same that went on immediately to make Xenogears
There better be a third, because too much was left unexplained...

Here's the thing. The team (or at least most of it) that made Xenogears went on to form Monolith Soft and is now working on Xenosaga, a prequel (if I'm correct) to Xenogears. Now based on that I'd say that not much of the original Chrono Trigger team works for Square. I decidedly *do not* want another Chrono game. One was enough. One plus a bad sequel was more than enough. One with a bad sequel and a poorly made piece of shit not even made by the same people whould be pretty poor.

Square's dying. Brownie Brown, the team behind Secret of Mana, is a Nintendo second party. A good portion of the Chrono Trigger/Xenogears team is now Monolith Soft. Yasunori Mitsuda, the main composer for all three of the aforementioned games (along with several others), is now freelance. Now those are the people behind (in my opinion) Square's greatest games. And there is probably more talent leaving that I don't know about. The Final Fantasy series is undeniably going downhill. The Final Fantasy movie was a complete and utter bomb. On the one hand, it's sad to see this happen to a comany which made some of the best games in history. On the other hand, a company isn't an entity. It's just a collection of people, and a lot of the greats are still working at other companies on great new games.

BaldGuyWithaHat
BaldGuyWithaHat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 17th, 2001 @ 11:59 PM Reply

all i know is that FF9 was one of the worst RPGs ever.

JimmyJoJoBob
JimmyJoJoBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 12/17/01 11:59 PM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote:

i played ff9 and it did suck

whiteguyz
whiteguyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 12/18/01 01:28 AM, JimmyJoJoBob wrote:

I hated 9. They tried to "take it back to its roots" or some shit. It had good characters, you could like them, that was good, that was what 8 was missing. I liked Junctioning in 8 (most don't, most are lazy fucks too, who complain) and I'm hoping 10 is more of a combo of 8 and 9's good things.

wdfcverfgtghm
wdfcverfgtghm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 12/18/01 02:30 AM, whiteguyz wrote:
At 12/18/01 01:28 AM, JimmyJoJoBob wrote:
I hated 9. They tried to "take it back to its roots" or some shit. It had good characters, you could like them, that was good, that was what 8 was missing. I liked Junctioning in 8 (most don't, most are lazy fucks too, who complain) and I'm hoping 10 is more of a combo of 8 and 9's good things.

Take it back to the roots? Like how? I only played FF1 with the vampire who turns into Chaos. The four Elemental dudes. That game kicked so much ass.

DanMalo
DanMalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 02:42 AM Reply

FF1 sucked. I cant stand it....its too boring. FFVII was the first real RPG I ever played all the way through. I enjoyed it a lot. I recently dusted it off, and started playing it again. The graphics seem really dated nowadays. They need to remake FFVII for the PS2. I'd pay good money for that. As for FF8 & 9... I just couldn't get "into" them. I played about 2 disks of both, and just gave them away. I'm getting FFX very soon....tomorrow perhaps.

BBS Signature
mattymetro
mattymetro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 02:54 AM Reply

Shit.... I played FF1 all the way through and I thought it was phatt. I got scared though when I had to cross that bridge with the big robot! ARGGGG!
BUT.... In my opinion... they should hand off the storyline for chronotrigger to independant film makers (because they tend to ditch the hollywood cornyness and get to the root of a beautiful storyline) and let them rock dat shit. I thought that the story fukin RoXoRz for dat! Remember getting the wings of time?.. and how weirdly sad it was...
Secret of mana was fukin cool too! I rocked that all the way through... Hey..., speaking of which... in SOM... who remembers the face thing in the middle of the water when your flying the dragon.It was out in the middle of nowhere... WTF did it do???? Hmmmmm.... HAHA I also liked the kids on the big turtle! hehe

traekwon
traekwon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 02:57 AM Reply

no, not really.

OrangeClock
OrangeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 03:22 AM Reply

I liked FFVIII a whole bunch

I can play Eyes On Me and Ami on the pianer

I'm a pianist HAW HAW

Blackmagic
Blackmagic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 03:56 AM Reply

Yes it is!!!

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Lysdexic
Lysdexic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 04:35 AM Reply

no

Lysdexic
Lysdexic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 04:40 AM Reply

At 12/17/01 09:10 PM, fourchinnigan wrote: I really wished they'd make a sequel.

you guys in the US are lucky, coz you get games like tactics.over here in oz, we dont:(

Lysdexic
Lysdexic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 04:43 AM Reply

At 12/18/01 04:40 AM, demide wrote:
At 12/17/01 09:10 PM, fourchinnigan wrote: I really wished they'd make a sequel.

you guys in the US are lucky, coz you get games like tactics.over here in oz, we dont:(

YEAH YEAH WHAT HE SAID!

LordAba
LordAba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 08:41 AM Reply

My Toidlez game is the best ever!!!

I like FF7, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Mario RPG, FF2, FF3, FF8, Earthbound, Lufia, Lufia 2, Breath of Fire, Robotrek, Breath of fire 2, Breath of Fire 4, Secret of the stars, and 7th saga. Oh yeah, Ogre Battle.

The legend of dragoon says that it took a team of 100 members 3 years to make. But it's only decent, I think. It's a nitty-gritty RPG.

If anybody has a ROM that is the english version of 7th Saga 2 or Ogre Battle 2 that'll work with ZSNES, let me know.

What may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side.

BBS Signature
ShockAndTerror
ShockAndTerror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 08:50 AM Reply

At 12/18/01 03:56 AM, Blackmagic wrote:
Yes it is!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY BLACKYMAGGY!!!! HOW IS MY FRIEEEEEEND???

fourchinnigan
fourchinnigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Filmmaker
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 12/18/01 08:41 AM, Lord_Aba wrote: If anybody has a ROM that is the english version of 7th Saga 2 or Ogre Battle 2 that'll work with ZSNES, let me know.

Ogre Battle?
Yecchh...

captainofindustry
captainofindustry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to FF7 the best game ever??? Dec. 18th, 2001 @ 10:48 AM Reply

3 is the best ff but earthbound is an awesome game...